The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rachelshamyfan

Emmy Nomination Thread

O good god, is this happening now? Do we know...er..who..did Jim, Simon...yer man whatsisface..Tell us, for heaven's sake!

Incidentally, I've just realised this seems sarcastic.

It isn't. It's a verbal fail.

I'm actually terribly curious about the forthcoming happenings.

Edited by Count Wally de Honk

Jim got his nom so far! 

And TBBT.

Edited by koops

And Mayim!! Woot woot! Sadly no Simon :icon_cry:

• Like 4

Congats to the show, Jim and Mayim.  I feel bad Simon wasn't on the list.  I was hoping he would get a nomination.  But I am thrilled for Jim and Mayim and the show!  Yay!   :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_lol:

• Like 5

Guest DroneInTheSun

Bob Newhart got a nomination for Guest Actor, + some other minor prizes for TBBT like hairstyling (lol)

Guest DroneInTheSun

"The Big Bang Theory crew also received four Emmy nominations for art direction, picture editing, hairstyling and camera work."

I LOL'ed irl tbh. (wow that's some netspeak sentence I've got there.)

I'm disappointed there were no directing or writing nominations.

Oh sorry, the hairstyling stuff is for Bakersfield! Fair enough then :p 

Yes, Peter also got a nomination for editing of Love Spell.  That was superbly edited in the opening scenes.  I am happy he was nominated for that piece.  I thought the time it aired that it was one of the best edited episodes they have had.  I hope he wins.

• Like 3

I just saw the news on facebook! Congrats to the show, Jim and Mayim. I am so eager for the show to win this year! I really feel like this may be the year.

Looking forward to reading Mayim's blog about it. I'm so happy for her and Jim!

• Like 2

Saw the news on TVLine when I woke up 2 hours ago, and a big congrats to the show, Jim, Mayim, and guest star Bob Newhart for their nominations. I am so eager for the show to win this year! And just like BazingaFan I really feel like this may be the year. 

And I'm a little disappointed there wasn't any no directing or writing nominations or even a nomination for Simon. 
  • Like 1

Apart from Mayims tweet has there been any reaction from Jim yet?

Just one in Hollywood Reporter where he talked about he feels this is a good year for the show to win.   He didn't comment on either his or Mayim's nominations, just the show.

• Like 2

Sadly no Kaley and Johnny :icon_cry:

Yeah, I'm sad too. I think it's preposterous that Johnny and Kaley weren't nominated     :icon_mad:

• Like 1

Saw the news on TVLine when I woke up 2 hours ago, and a big congrats to the show, Jim, Mayim, and guest star Bob Newhart for their nominations. I am so eager for the show to win this year! And just like BazingaFan I really feel like this may be the year. 

And I'm a little disappointed there wasn't any no directing or writing nominations or even a nomination for Simon. 

I agree on Simon.  He deserved a nomination.  I think the writing was a bit spotty so I can sort of see why they didn't get any nominations.  The dialog this past season wasn't as tight and had a meaner tone so I can understand why writing team didn't get any noms.  Directing also seemed a bit off in pacing so perhaps that is why they didn't get any nominations.   But I am glad for some of the other technical noms that were given.

I really hope this is the show's year and that Mayim, Jim and the show all win.  

• Like 2

I agree on Simon.  He deserved a nomination.  I think the writing was a bit spotty so I can sort of see why they didn't get any nominations.  The dialog this past season wasn't as tight and had a meaner tone so I can understand why writing team didn't get any noms.  Directing also seemed a bit off in pacing so perhaps that is why they didn't get any nominations.   But I am glad for some of the other technical noms that were given.

I really hope this is the show's year and that Mayim, Jim and the show all win.  

Please tell me what was "off" about the directing this year?  They've had essentially the same director, apart from one or two episodes each season, so, what? Did he all of a sudden lose his mojo or something?

As for the writing, I think it was pretty interesting and clever.  They covered a lot of ground with various different ideas, unusual ideas--Bakersfield, Re-Entry, Closet, Love Spell.  I think the writing was as varied and interesting as it's been in years past.

But the show as a whole getting a nomination is some kind of endorsement of the writing and directing, as well as the acting.  The actors wouldn't have much to do if the writing wasn't there, so if the show gets an overall nom, then that endorses the writing.

Usually if the writers get a specific nomination, it's for a specific episode, so maybe there wasn't one that stood out that much, compared to other shows.

• Like 2