The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bigbangsheldon

S7 Spoilers

Phantagrae, I generally agree with this post, with one exception

I think they kind of closed the book on her in the episode earlier this season where Penny confronts her and she then sees Raj to tell him she's seeing someone else.

Well, Leonard was seeing someone else for the last half of season four. :p

And to be on your side, kinda, sorta...

As for Molaro wanting to bring Kate back, he just said something almost similar about Eric the train guy.  He's a fun guy and he was great and maybe if we can come up with something funny for him to do, we'd love to have him back.  That's producer-speak for, "He's a nice guy and I don't want to say anything bad about him, but he's done."

I don't remember if it was Steve or Aarti, but there was an article after "The Good Guy Fluctuation" where it was specifically stated they weren't done with Priya, but she hasn't been back, yet.

With Sheldon's love of trains, there's always a possibility that Sheldon could get on a train and run into Eric, but what would really be the point?

Well, the point would be if they come up with something they think is funny they can bring him back. After all, they brought (Zack) Brian Thomas Smith back after three years. One thing Lorre's shows are good about, from an actors standpoint) if you do well and fit in well, they will find a way to get you back one way or another. Alex Ball has appeared twice both times this year and Vernee Watson-Johnson has appeared as many times as Christine Baranski and Laurie Metcalf and more than some other more well known recurring characters.

Well, the point would be if they come up with something they think is funny they can bring him back. After all, they brought (Zack) Brian Thomas Smith back after three years. One thing Lorre's shows are good about, from an actors standpoint) if you do well and fit in well, they will find a way to get you back one way or another. Alex Ball has appeared twice both times this year and Vernee Watson-Johnson has appeared as many times as Christine Baranski and Laurie Metcalf and more than some other more well known recurring characters.

That is a great trivia question. Vernee Watson-Johnson's "Althea" has appeared on TBBT 4 times. If they are going for medical care the gang are going to run into Althea. :good:

• Like 1

That is a great trivia question. Vernee Watson-Johnson's "Althea" has appeared on TBBT 4 times. If they are going for medical care the gang are going to run into Althea. :good:

Five.  Both pilots (she's the only one, besides Jim and Johnny to appear in both), The emergency room in "The Peanut Reaction" and "The Robotic Manipulation" and the ward nurse in "The Werewolf Transformation".

• Like 1

Five.  Both pilots (she's the only one, besides Jim and Johnny to appear in both), The emergency room in "The Peanut Reaction" and "The Robotic Manipulation" and the ward nurse in "The Werewolf Transformation".

Great catch! I forgot about the un-aired pilot.

I really hope that they do not bring the character of Lucy back.  I thought the character was boring.  I am interested to see what Yvette is going to be like. 

• Like 3

Comcast TV Guide Summary for 02/28/14 Show.

S7/Ep16 "The Table Polarization" 

Penny ponders the potential purchase of a dining -room table for Leonard's apartment, but Sheldon won't stand for it.

• Like 1

I do agree re walking over Leonard when it comes to Sheldon, he had been walking all over Leonard since Day One. But Penny? Really havent seen it, other then not committing to Leonard, or not considering Leonard as a viable option romantically, but thats not her fault if anything its society and iyd preposed conventions. Even early on she always did everyone when it came to Leonard in his best interest, if it was organising a bday party for him, o. Holding onto his inhaler ;). I actually think the show from the pilot has shown Leonard to be the strongest character. Ive never bought into thiis theory Penny has walked all over Leonard or is a horrible person because she diddnt commit to Leonard at first sight, or apparently she has put Leonard through a lot because she dared to break up with Leonard because she wasent ready, eveen then she did what was best for Leonard. Sure Penny has made some mistakes, but ppl forget even bk in s3, she was in her early twenties, no family, no amy and bernie :p, and she was re evaulating her priorities and life. Besides with Leonard being the first guy to intellectually challenge her, hence wen theh break up she tried to fall bk into her normal pre-disposition of dumb guys, which she couldent do anymore, and of course that drunk night which i dont kno yy was so surprising. Anyway i agree Leonards always had power just doesent kno wat to do with it, he has always o vercome adversigy ala having Bev as a mother, and still becoming a functioning adult, dating Joyce Kim even tho she was a spy i think, Priya even tho theur cultural differences and her parents prob diddnt approove, livinng with a maniac for seven years lol e.t.c Shows he takes on challenges.

With regards as to how penny can afford her rent now she isn't working at the cf maybe she's claiming welfare help?

rachel, check  I looked into it there. 

rachel, check  I looked into it there. 

But wasn't that assuming she was working at CF?   It seems by now her residuals are so low that there is no way she is able to pay her rent without her waitress job. I will say you cheated a little because the CF in real life is much higher end than the one they show on TV which is nicer than a Denny's but definitely not as nice as a real CF.   But it is close enough of a breakdown I think we get the idea of what you were stating there.  But Rachel's comment was more to do with now that she has quit the CF and no longer has that income coming in, and given we only know of one commercial she has made (and that was as you said, in early Fall of S5...we are now mid to late S7), her checks from the commercial far from cover her rent.   So I do think they are going to have to address this issue.  Since she quit, she cannot qualify for unemployment.   It is a question that the average fan is going to ask and I think they will have to explain it in some way in a future script. :girlwink:

But wasn't that assuming she was working at CF?   It seems by now her residuals are so low that there is no way she is able to pay her rent without her waitress job. I will say you cheated a little because the CF in real life is much higher end than the one they show on TV which is nicer than a Denny's but definitely not as nice as a real CF.   But it is close enough of a breakdown I think we get the idea of what you were stating there.  But Rachel's comment was more to do with now that she has quit the CF and no longer has that income coming in, and given we only know of one commercial she has made (and that was as you said, in early Fall of S5...we are now mid to late S7), her checks from the commercial far from cover her rent.   So I do think they are going to have to address this issue.  Since she quit, she cannot qualify for unemployment.   It is a question that the average fan is going to ask and I think they will have to explain it in some way in a future script. :girlwink:

She also had her NCIS pay.  I didn't  include that cause it wasn't pertinent when I originally wrote that.  I missed that when I referred rachel to that post.    That would have been about $3800, more than a months pay at TCF (~2800), and it just has been over a month.  Then possibly add up to two weeks pay (depending on her pay schedule).   Once she knew she was quitting, she probably would start watching her money. But anything past the first two weeks of March is really going to be stretching it and since after the first two weeks of March, the show doesn't come back until the first week of April, they almost have to address it.  

Of course, if they do the three month time jump for The Proton Transmorgrification" then it's really going to be hanging out there.  However, this is TBBT and there are several ways it  could go, continuity be damned.   Of the ways it could go, many would major things (Leonard moving in, Penny getting a big part, Penny moving in with the guys, etc) that will probably be held for a sweeps episode.

As for TCF pay, what I used was in the middle of the range posted by the TCF in several of their recruitment ads.   I used that specific figure mostly because it was specifically listed on the bottom of the high range and at the top of the low range.

I would love it if Raj found his complete opposite: a butch-type girl who looks like a boy BUT is really really pretty (kinda androgynous)

• Like 1

@tensor, I think its plausible that she and Leonard can stretch her resources for some period of time. It will come into the story when they need it to come into the story. No one (loudly) questioned that the USA spent $63 million sending Howard to the ISS at the drop of a hat. LOL.

btw that is an indication of what an absolute winner Howard is and how lucky Bernie is to have him. :)

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 2

I just zoomed into BP's pic from the taping .. 

tumblr_inline_n11ubicTpq1r5zf3v.jpg

:icon_cry:

Can't make out what I'm looking at..

they are khakis. Also Jim runs his lines and runs through his motions in between takes so i don't thin he is sad, but  getting in "the zone" here

• Like 1

they are khakis. Also Jim runs his lines and runs through his motions in between takes so i don't thin he is sad, but  getting in "the zone" here

Yes, that is what I thought when I saw Bill's tweeted photo...because the crew was off talking to Raj and Kaley (I think that was her off talking to them) at the time and he appeared like he was going through his lines and getting ready for the next scene.  I don't think it was him being "sad" as much as rehearsing, although sad would have been appropriate for this one since PP had died.

I would love it if Raj found his complete opposite: a butch-type girl who looks like a boy BUT is really really pretty (kinda androgynous)

This I'd love to see! It'd be a great foil to his feminine tendencies. Get a girl good with the martial arts, the kick-a*s type. I totally see their eventual relationship dynamics - Raj being more motherly and the girl being protective and all. 

• Like 1

I just want to say that I am happy about the spoilers for the upcoming Professor Proton episode...

I couldn't agree more!

You know, if I could have had my dream list of what I hoped would happen this season, so far this season almost every single one of them has happened.  The only thing I still want is Laurie Metcalf--fingers crossed it'll happen.  At the beginning of the season, I wanted (in no particular order) Howard and Amy to have scenes together, a development with Penny's career, SIK, Sheldon and Leonard friendship scenes, sweet relationship moments in the context of nerd stuff (the Bernadette song delivered that in spades), Amy's monkeys, Cinnamon, Raj playing the field, and some fun episodes that aren't supposed to contribute to any big arc.  And, oh yeah, CAPTAIN SWEATPANTS TO SPEAK!!  We've had all of that and more.  Now, Molaro, please call Laurie Metcalf and complete my list.

• Like 8