S7 Spoilers

bigbangsheldon

Agreed

Funny all the Shamys "liked" that. Can't refute what you said. End of story.

Last I recall terriblewaitress is a Lenny fan not a Shamy and she liked it too. So turns out you're wrong. Hmm, maybe people just don't like off-topic conversations in the spoilers thread?  :girlsmile:

In my opinion, this is perfection personified. And t-shirt-ified. Infinity beyond the last visible dog. (any Russell Hoban fans here?)

wil-wheaton.jpg

I often wonder if they’re ever going to revert Wheaton to his nemesis status. Now that Winkle’s gone and Bawwy’s a member of the Sheldon Cooper fan club, Sheldon’s Master Villain tendencies might turn inward. Woe betide the man who wars with himself...     

This threads is turning out to be like the Sheldon and penny shipper thread

A load of stuff and nonsense

Lets get things back on track

We work very hard on that stuff and nonsense.

(no we don't)

• Like 5

JRB tweeted "Wepowting fow duty."  I call that confirmation that he's in this episode.  Yay!

Also, Eric Kaplan tweeted "How many people in relationships give yoru partner a written biannual performance review? You should. Don't expect "mind-reading"!"

Hmmm, is that a spoiler of an upcoming Shamy plot?

Edited by tmp
  • Like 2

JRB tweeted "Wepowting fow duty."  I call that confirmation that he's in this episode.  Yay!

Also, Eric Kaplan tweeted "How many people in relationships give yoru partner a written biannual performance review? You should. Don't expect "mind-reading"!"

That absolutely sounds like Sheldon-- he gives Leonard roommate evaluations, so it stands to reason that he would do something like that with Amy. :p

Sounds like a Sheldon thing, but it could something else besides the Shamy.

Can't wait for the taping report.

"The Discovery Dissipation"

In plot A, Sheldon is still dealing with the fallout from the new element he discovered in "Romance Resonance". Yay for continuity! Wil helps Sheldon navigate his new found fame and he's happy until Leonard disapproves the existence of Sheldon's element once and for all. (Kripke and Wil have one scene each separately).

In plot B, Raj temporarily moves with Howard and Bernadette and interferes with their marriage by basically showing Howard all he's doing wrong. He gets kicked out of their house and then also basically gets kicked out of L/S' apartment when he gives Sheldon and Amy some unsolicited relationship advice.

PS: There isn't much Penny in this episode but, as far as I could tell, L/P are fine. No mention of the fake wedding.

• Like 1

In plot A, Sheldon is still dealing with the fallout from the new element he discovered in "Romance Resonance". Yay for continuity! Wil helps Sheldon navigate his new found fame and he's happy until Leonard disapproves the existence of Sheldon's element once and for all. (Kripke and Wil have one scene each separately).

In plot B, Raj temporarily moves with Howard and Bernadette and interferes with their marriage by basically showing Howard all he's doing wrong. He gets kicked out of their house and then also basically gets kicked out of L/S' apartment when he gives Sheldon and Amy some unsolicited relationship advice.

PS: There isn't much Penny in this episode but, as far as I could tell, L/P are fine. No mention of the fake wedding.

Yeah, Leonard is definitely going to be the one who gets tenure.

• Like 1

I like that they continue with Sheldon's discovery, but don't like that Leonard disproves him.

Very curious to Raj and his advice to Shamy...

I like that they continue with Sheldon's discovery, but don't like that Leonard disproves him.

Why? Because earning fame for a not existing element is better?

Why? Because earning fame for a not existing element is better?

The element was found by the Chinese, articles were written about it by others then Sheldon.

So I find it weird that it now is disproven, especially by a expiremental physisist who only works with lasers for the most part.

The element was found by the Chinese, articles were written about it by others then Sheldon.

So I find it weird that it now is disproven, especially by a expiremental physisist who only works with lasers for the most part.

Does Sheldon now lose his big grant and large raise since he didn't actually discover anything? :)

• Like 1

The Chinese were also running experiments, they hadn't confirmed it either.

Sheldon: "Oh, well, thank you.  Believe it or not, I just learned a Chinese research team at the Hubei Institute for Nuclear Physics ran a test on a cyclotron, and the results we extremely promising."

It has been pretty consistent that Sheldon and his conviction that he is the smartest person in any room makes him his own worst enemy at times. 

• Like 1

True, but people make mistakes all the time. And we have to remember, that Leonard pointed out in 7.06, that Sheldon discovered a new element. So, he is not clueless at all.

But we know basically nothing about 7.10, so we have to wait.

Based on this?

What has he done himself to earn tenure?

We have no idea if his research at the north sea had any succesfull results.

Not JUST because of this, but it's the icing on the cake.  It's true we don't know the results of the North Sea work, but it's Stephen Hawking, so there's a good chance it's good.  On top of that, Sheldon said the paper he collaborated on with PP was "inspired".  The general consensus (though I know not everyone agrees) around here for months has been that in terms of the show dynamics it would probably be Leonard who got tenure.  I just think this is yet another example of Leonard's research taking off, which points toward tenure.

• Like 2

Not JUST because of this, but it's the icing on the cake.  It's true we don't know the results of the North Sea work, but it's Stephen Hawking, so there's a good chance it's good.  On top of that, Sheldon said the paper he collaborated on with PP was "inspired".  The general consensus (though I know not everyone agrees) around here for months has been that in terms of the show dynamics it would probably be Leonard who got tenure.  I just think this is yet another example of Leonard's research taking off, which points toward tenure.

I thought Professor Proton wrote the paper and he asked Leonard's help conducting the experiment?

In the paper? No. In the experiment, yes. 

Not to belabor the point but doesn't scientific papers often show proof of their work so that the experimentation would be included in the paper? So while Leonard did not write the paper, his collaborative efforts are still noteworthy dontcha think?

It is not any weirder than a theoretical physicist working on a proposal for a fusion reactor.

I assume that Leonard felt bad that he disproved Sheldon's element existed. I wonder how Kripke reacted.

The next episode 7.11 that gets taped in 2 weeks should be either a Christmas or a New Year's one. :dancer:

Edited by carl1970