S7 Spoilers

bigbangsheldon

there is a guy on twitter that went to the taping yesterday. Just to add to the list, he confirmed Howard and Amy were dating in her dream

That's not cool. If Amy was initially attracted by the mind of Sheldon, then how and why she would be attracted to Howard? He only has a master's degree.

• Like 3

Looking forward to your examples why she should leave him for someone else...

Won't happen, the writers built the Amy character for Sheldon.  She is the only one that has the patience for him and she is attracted to him, so that is why she will never leave him.  Even if they break them up in the show temporarily, they will find their way back to each other, because the writers made her for him.  It is the same was with Leonard and Penny, and Howard and Bernadette, the writers made them for each other.  That is wuy alternate ships don't work unless you seriously change the characters, like romantic Shenny's do, when they give Sheldon, Leonard's characteristics or they completely change Penny and Sheldon.

That's not cool. If Amy was initially attracted by the mind of Sheldon, then how and why she would be attracted to Howard? He only has a master's degree.

We don't know that Amy is in any kind of long-term relationship with Howard.  Maybe she just went on one date with him.

In bed together at Howard's mothers house. The first guy she slept with was Howard.LOL

Oh I love the Amyhow and I could ship them if there wasn't for Sheldon but that's the point there is Sheldon!!!

And I really really wouldn't want to see that!!!My shamy heart aches!! I mean last shamy kiss was in 5th season!!!!!!!!!!No Amy and Howard all over each other!!!!

Thats a good point but one could make the counterargument that color is experienced by our brain through wavelengths and even though you can't see color, in cases of being blind or color blind etc, doesnt mean those wavelengths or the absence arent there.

that sounds a lot like the argument Sheldon gives to.his mother about subatomic particles now that i think about it. o.O

But anyways, this sounds like an interesting episode. :)

There seems to be a couple of Shamy fans falling apart over the Howard/Amy combination. Isn't suppose to be about what life would be WITHOUT Sheldon? Penny is supposedly to with Stuart and Lenny fans are not saying anything.

• Like 2

Because it is in an alternative universe. The same reason Penny is dating Stuart. You can't have a selective AU. :)

Edited by SodidIwin?
  • Like 3

I keep thinking of an "It's a Wonderful Life" kind of idea, where Sheldon is the one imagining all the AU scenarios, which would all be bad, including Amy seeing something in Howard.

If he wasn't there to befriend Amy, she might end up with someone like Howard, etc.

I'm just speculating, though.

We do know that Sheldon is skyping with Amy at the end while he's in TExas with his family.

There seems to be a couple of Shamy fans falling apart over the Howard/Amy combination. Isn't suppose to be about what life would be WITHOUT Sheldon? Penny is supposedly to with Stuart and Lenny fans are not saying anything.

Yeah because I don't care if Amy is with someone else.. It bothers me that we have seen nearly nothing shamy for a lot time and we get to see Amy with a guy in bed for the first time and it is with Howard??? It's the fact that we have nothing Shamy!!!! It doesn't seem fair even if it is AU..

Yeah because I don't care if Amy is with someone else.. It bothers me that we have seen nearly nothing shamy for a lot time and we get to see Amy with a guy in bed for the first time and it is with Howard??? It's the fact that we have nothing Shamy!!!! It doesn't seem fair even if it is AU..

Nobody said that Amy and Howard are in bed at any point.

The idea behind the AU is "What would life be if people hadn't met Sheldon." Amy, before meeting Sheldon, was uninterested in sex or relationships and found love to be an unnecessary construct. If Amy hadn't met Sheldon, she would have continued on that way: robotic, alone and weird.

Penny dating Stuart isn't comparable because they *did* date and Penny was never against relationships if it weren't for Leonard. Amy dating Howard would be the equivalent of Penny MARRYING Stuart. If Penny has such huge commitment issues that Leonard will be the only guy she can overcome those with and settle down, having her imagine a scenario where she marries some other guy would defeat the purpose of the fact that she met Leonard through Sheldon and that changed her for the better.

• Like 8