S7 Spoilers

bigbangsheldon

For the record, there won't be a full on report for the AU episode but I'll write a paragraph to give you an idea of it. Feel free to ask questions about it after I post though. I'll put it in the taping report thread with tomorrow's taping report. :)

Monique, we are all just grateful for whatever you are willing to tell us.  You are under no obligation to tell us anything, nor should anyone pressure you.  We appreciate all you do for us since we are spoiler addicts craving a fix.

By the way, those holiday-themed avatars several people have are really cute.  Are they online somewhere?

• Like 2

I doubt it's that, not big or important enough to entail any hesitation. I doubt they'd be moving Leonard and Sheldon out of their apartment anytime soon.  

For Penny co-habitation is a big deal. Every single major step in their relationship has always been a major deal for her. They always have her being very cautious and hesitant to take their relationship to the next level. From agreeing to simply go out with him for the first time right up to the the first mutual exchange of "ILY's". They've broached the co-habitation before with Penny revealing that she was simply wasn't ready for the relationship to go to that stage yet. The next step is for her to be ready to live with Leonard. This follows the exact pattern that show has established.

Given Penny's propensity to error on the side of caution, I can't see her even being ready embrace the idea of being married to Leonard without at least living with him for a period of time. Marriage represents the ultimate commitment, and while we do see them spend a lot of time together, until they start actually living together, they can still go "home" as it were at the end of the day.

Separating Leonard and Sheldon as roommates would give the show a good shake up and actually open door for interesting comical scenarios. The writers have addressed the co-dependency relationship between the two and have started laying the groundwork for the idea that these two can't be roommates forever. This would be the best time to do it to in the shows life. Given Raj's loneliness and the his changing relationship with Howard due to Howard being a married man, he could be the replacement roommate. That would have potential to open up new venues due to the fact that Raj has always dealt with Sheldon in a much different fashion than Leonard when it comes to Sheldon acting like...Sheldon. Whereas Leonard would always try to negotiate or satiate him, Raj has on more than one occasion shown that he has no qualms about fighting dirty.

For Penny co-habitation is a big deal. Every single major step in their relationship has always been a major deal for her. They always have her being very cautious and hesitant to take their relationship to the next level. From agreeing to simply go out with him for the first time right up to the the first mutual exchange of "ILY's". They've broached the co-habitation before with Penny revealing that she was simply wasn't ready for the relationship to go to that stage yet. The next step is for her to be ready to live with Leonard. This follows the exact pattern that show has established.

Yeah, I completely agree.

For Penny moving together is a big deal, not something trivial.

If it was, she would not have "flipped out" when he moved in last year in the Spoiler episode.

But I really hope that IF they have Leonard moving in with Penny (not the other way around), they don't replace Leonard with Raj as roommate.

Let Sheldon be alone for a few episodes, and then figuring out it doesn't work.

Then Amy can come in on Sheldon's request, after seeing that living with a girlfriend isn't that bad (from Leonard & Penny).

This could be a nice season ending imho.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who read the part that Penny's gig goes bust? :(

I already feel sad for her.. :(

Can't wait for the taping.

I don't think you're the only one, but maybe nobody is surprised by it?

I mean she hasn't been that succesfull in her acting career so far, no matter how much I would like to see her succeed.

Edited by Chiany

I don't expect her to have a big movie or tv career but it a shame that it doesn't work out for her. One of the things I wanted to happen this season was for Penny to have a decent acting job. Maybe nothing permanent that would have her leave TCF but something to keep her faith on her dream. I'd loce it if she has a part on a serious production about a play. IMO a good actor as an actor that can perform on stage. Theater is the greatest moment for an actor and it distinguishes the real talents. I'd love to see that for Penny!!!!

As far as the question maybe is something hypothetical. She may realized that Leonard isn't really comfortable with her being famous. Maybe she asked if he would see their relationship differently if she ever became well-known. He hesitates to answer and she is disappointed. I don't know it seems such a drastic change to gave them move together. And the writers don't seem really willing to shake things this season. Or maybe the wanted to save that for the second half of the season!!! I have no idea what to expect from them!!!!

I'm pretty sure that Penny is going  to asks Leonard the question that has puzzled her since the first season:

"Why do you love, Me?"

If Leonard hesitates to answer that questions then perhaps he is not the genius we thought! How could you not come up with more than 10 answers to that question on the spot! Whatever the question may be I hope this episode turns out to be sweet and happy for her and will give her the push she needs to get over her commitment issues! 

I don't think Penny is going to ask Leonard why he loves her. Sure you can make the argument that it is an issue that's been floating in the air since the beginning but that kind of question, for this show at least would almost qualify as a deep philosophical question and this show doesn't normally dig that deep.

While it might be nice for Penny to have more success with her acting, the writing has been on the wall for sometime that acting as a profession isn't going to be a viable option for her. She clearly knows it given that she's gone back to school and she exploring other areas of interest. I think the NCIS bust is going to be the push where Penny comes to accept this and realize that she's going to move on with her life.

Edited by DPK
  • Like 1

I think Penny's gonna ask Leonard something like:

"Do you think I'm a bad actress?"

or

"Do you think I'm ever gonna get anywhere with this acting gig?"

I don't think those are bold questions imho.

Like Leonard is gonna say Yes to the 1st and No to the 2nd one, even if he might feel it is the right answer.

• Like 1

Given Penny's propensity to error on the side of caution, I can't see her even being ready embrace the idea of being married to Leonard without at least living with him for a period of time. Marriage represents the ultimate commitment, and while we do see them spend a lot of time together, until they start actually living together, they can still go "home" as it were at the end of the day.

Separating Leonard and Sheldon as roommates would give the show a good shake up and actually open door for interesting comical scenarios. The writers have addressed the co-dependency relationship between the two and have started laying the groundwork for the idea that these two can't be roommates forever. This would be the best time to do it to in the shows life. Given Raj's loneliness and the his changing relationship with Howard due to Howard being a married man, he could be the replacement roommate. That would have potential to open up new venues due to the fact that Raj has always dealt with Sheldon in a much different fashion than Leonard when it comes to Sheldon acting like...Sheldon. Whereas Leonard would always try to negotiate or satiate him, Raj has on more than one occasion shown that he has no qualms about fighting dirty.

If Raj moves in with Sheldon, what does Raj do with Cinnamon? I give you two words "Jurassic Park". Sheldon will not allow the dog in the apartment except in her crate and Raj wouldn't live somewhere that his beloved Cinnamon was always relegated to her crate.

For the record, there won't be a full on report for the AU episode but I'll write a paragraph to give you an idea of it. Feel free to ask questions about it after I post though. I'll put it in the taping report thread with tomorrow's taping report. :)

Monique, thank you in advance for taking the time to write about the tapings you see. It's a big, time consuming job that you have no obligation to do, yet you still do. I, as all of us, are extremely appreciative of all your efforts!

• Like 4

I'm pretty sure that Penny is going  to asks Leonard the question that has puzzled her since the first season:

"Why do you love, Me?"

Leonard: Yes, you will, and she’ll be beautiful, and kind and sexy and funny and everything you ever wanted in a woman.

• Like 2

Moving in is not something where a hesitant reply would cause issues, and it is too mundane to word with this kind of secrecy. If that were the case it would read "Penny asks Leonard to move in with her", because that isn't exciting. It has little significance behind it, and with the way this season is playing out there's no way they'll separate LS. So it could be marriage, as that could logically catch Leonard off-guard (probably isn't though) or it could be something along the lines of "why do you love me?" If it is the latter than I hope they can write an answer sweet enough to shut the haters up (and those who want him with Alex Sue) once and for all. 

• Like 1

Moving in is not something where a hesitant reply would cause issues, and it is too mundane to word with this kind of secrecy. If that were the case it would read "Penny asks Leonard to move in with her", because that isn't exciting. It has little significance behind it, and with the way this season is playing out there's no way they'll separate LS. So it could be marriage, as that could logically catch Leonard off-guard (probably isn't though) or it could be something along the lines of "why do you love me?" If it is the latter than I hope they can write an answer sweet enough to shut the haters up (and those who want him with Alex Sue) once and for all. 

But isn't it possible the Hesitation could come from Penny herself, after she has asked Leonard.

The hesitation wouldn't come right away, but maybe after she talked to some of the girls (or maybe even Raj or Sheldon).

After she talks again with Leonard admitting her hesitation, he might offer some sort of solution (no idea what).

But isn't it possible the Hesitation could come from Penny herself, after she has asked Leonard.

The hesitation wouldn't come right away, but maybe after she talked to some of the girls (or maybe even Raj or Sheldon).

After she talks again with Leonard admitting her hesitation, he might offer some sort of solution (no idea what).

That sounds unlikely. Given the synopsis I definitely think it will be Leonard who's hesitating. 

I believe that the hesitation will come from Leonard. The reason I find it difficult to believe that she asks him to move in is that so far the writers seem reluctant to make big changes and that change would bring the upside down for Lenny and for Sheldon. But if she will ask him to move in with her I wouldn't be surprised if Leonard hesitated to say yes. Last time he had a fight with Sheldon and that was what triggered the whole I'll-go-leave-with-Penny-you-crazy-person thing. Now it is different. We had that Proton episode and we learned that Leonard loves Sheldon and alsp needs him. And we have 7.11 when everyone realize how good their lives are with Sheldon. It is natural for Leonard to think twice. He loves Penny but this is serious and he is not in an angry mode.

But what leads to that question??? Is Leonard struggling to help her after her disappointment. How is he helping her??? He is supportive or is he going to actually do something more drastic?? Thanks to Monique we will know soon!!!!! Can't wait!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I beg to differ. Leonard could easily hesitate about moving in with Penny if she asks him after suffering such an emotional set back such as having her arguably last chance at being a professional actress end badly. For all he knows she could just be asking him as a means of acting has an emotional bandage in order to make herself feel better about the situation instead of actually being ready for co-habitation with him. Leonard would want to be sure Penny is ready and actually WANTS to live with him. Especially after what happened last time.

As for the Sheldon and Leonard. Leonard has realized that having Sheldon in his life is a good thing but that doesn't nessessitate that they must live together. Sheldon can still be apart of his life without being his roomate, especially if they were to be simply living across the hall from one another.

First of all, advance thanks to Monique because well she's awesome!!!

Second, could Leonard's hesitation if Penny asks him to move in be that he might feel she is only asking because she sees her acting career failing?  I know he loves her, wants her and all that but I'm sure he wants to be loved and wanted as a first choice and not as a last resort. 

Just throwing that out there...

Edited:  DPK we read each other's minds...

Edited by Kasey

My theory (hinted at by someone else above): After the big flop on the NCIS gig, Penny decides that she will never become an actress and that it is time to give up on the whole actress career.  She wants to move (either back to Nebraska or somewhere else in the country) and asks Leonard to come with her.  Leonard obviously hesitates since his job and life are all well established in Pasadena.

My theory (hinted at by someone else above): After the big flop on the NCIS gig, Penny decides that she will never become an actress and that it is time to give up on the whole actress career.  She wants to move (either back to Nebraska or somewhere else in the country) and asks Leonard to come with her.  Leonard obviously hesitates since his job and life are all well established in Pasadena.

Won't happen. She once said in "The Closure Alternative":

"No, I’m serious. Look, I’ve always had these plans. I was gonna be in movies and live this glamorous life, and anything less than that just wasn’t worth getting excited about."

"I’ve got you, I’ve got Sheldon, all these wonderful friends. My life is exciting right now."