S7 Spoilers

bigbangsheldon

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

in 7.11 why amy dream about penny hit on sheldon ??? And why she try to kiss him

iPhone 'den Tapatalk aracılığı ile gönderildi

yeah it didn't make much sense to me either, why would she dream about that? other than the writers wanting to put it there, it doesn't really make much sense.

But the Shennys are seriously gonna love it.

Are we? I have mixed feelings. 

I think it depends on how it's played out by Jim & Kaley.

If Sheldon really is not interested, and this is clearly shown, then they will hate it.

If there is even a slightest hesitation in Jim's portrayal of that (which I don't expect) they will love it.

I have read hundreds of times how "at least a dream scenario would be great" so I don't think all of you are gonna love it, but a lot of you will. Just basing this on what I have read over the years.

yeah it didn't make much sense to me either, why would she dream about that? other than the writers wanting to put it there, it doesn't really make much sense.

It's seems to me it was a good dream for Amy. If Sheldon is uninterested in Penny her sexual frustration with him may be unwarranted. As to Shenny fans Sheldon rejected Penny.

Edited by Chrismo

I don't think they are going to love it at all. It's just another slap in the face that it is NEVER going to happen, and for that I am glad.

• Like 2

I don't think they are going to love it at all. It's just another slap in the face that it is NEVER going to happen, and for that I am glad.

the thing that bothers me is not the thing itself, is that it doesn't make sense. If they are dreaming of a "world where they don't know Sheldon" then how come Penny is trying to seduce Sheldon.. he's not supposed to exist..also, like I said before, why would Amy of all people dream that?.

so yeah, my thing is that the writers wanted to put that in but made very little effort in justifying it.

• Like 1

the thing that bothers me is not the thing itself, is that it doesn't make sense. If they are dreaming of a "world where they don't know Sheldon" then how come Penny is trying to seduce Sheldon.. he's not supposed to exist..also, like I said before, why would Amy of all people dream that?.

so yeah, my thing is that the writers wanted to put that in but made very little effort in justifying it.

Somehow I'm sure it'll make sense when we see the episode.  It's too early to say.

I think it speaks to her insecurities in her relationship with Sheldon, hence her expressing that shes not sure how much he cares for her. I think there are better ways they could have presented it but I think that was the point of the dream.

I think it speaks to her insecurities in her relationship with Sheldon, hence her expressing that shes not sure how much he cares for her. I think there are better ways they could have presented it but I think that was the point of the dream.

I disagree, if it was put in there to show Amy's insecurities, then why would she dream that Sheldon wasn't interested?

Wouldn't she dream he was interested, so that she had reason to be afraid of losing him to someone else?

I disagree, if it was put in there to show Amy's insecurities, then why would she dream that Sheldon wasn't interested?

Wouldn't she dream he was interested, so that she had reason to be afraid of losing him to someone else?

I don't think so. I think it reassured her that it isnt her. It's his fear of intimacy.

• Like 1

But why Penny???? I could see Alex, since she is already labeled a boyfriend stealer or another Grad Student, but why this sudden distrust of Penny. Is Amy digging the Shenny???

But why Penny???? I could see Alex, since she is already labeled a boyfriend stealer or another Grad Student, but why this sudden distrust of Penny. Is Amy digging the Shenny???

She thinks Penny is gorgeous and admires her beauty, as we know from the constant attraction jokes in Season 5. If Sheldon is uninterested in someone like Penny, who Amy views as the epitome of beauty, then is reassures her that it is Sheldon's issue not hers.

• Like 1

I think the writers did this scene because several people who watch the show want to see something happen between Sheldon and Penny (and I've also seen people wanting to be in the laundry). Then they put the scene in this episode because it's a bit AU, and therefore, the only way to have a scene like that. And they show how Sheldon is not interested for all those who haven't realized this.

What doesn't make sense to me is that Amy had the dream. Why did she imagine her best friend trying to get romantically involved with her boyfriend? Remember that he shouldn't even exist in her dream. I hope the reason is acceptable when I watch the episode tomorrow.

And thanks so much, Monique. :)

Edited by jennyferbrelaz

Although I do agree that it seems odd that she's thinking about Sheldon and Penny when they're talking about not having met Sheldon, I don't think this is saying that she's afraid of losing him or anything like that.  In fact, it's kind of the opposite--that she doesn't have to worry about losing him to any pretty girl, even Penny, who Amy probably considers the prettiest girl she knows.  Sheldon is immune to such come-ons.

Perhaps Amy is theorizing about Penny having met Sheldon in the building--not meeting him the way she did in real life, but meeting him because he already lived in the building (but without Leonard), and she moved in, therefore she sees him or runs into him in the basement.

Maybe Amy is thinking of Penny as a manchaser (especially if she never met Leonard), but it still turns out that Sheldon isn't interested in her.

She's not dreaming of Sheldon being tempted by Penny or anyone, but of the fact that he's not interested.

And as others have said, it underscores the fact that his non-response to Amy isn't about Amy, but about Sheldon, therefore Amy doesn't have to be insecure about being undesirable.

ETA: In this dream scenario, Penny wouldn't be Amy's best friend (going after her boyfriend) because she and Penny would not have met and Sheldon wouldn't be Amy's boyfriend because she and Sheldon would not have met.

But these are two people in her circle and she's perhaps imagining how they might have reacted to one another if they had met in different circumstances.

Since Amy thinks Sheldon is attractive and desireable, Penny is attracted to him.  And since Sheldon is who he is, he's not at all affected by Penny's come-ons.

Edited by phantagrae
  • Like 1

Although I do agree that it seems odd that she's thinking about Sheldon and Penny when they're talking about not having met Sheldon, I don't think this is saying that she's afraid of losing him or anything like that.  In fact, it's kind of the opposite--that she doesn't have to worry about losing him to any pretty girl, even Penny, who Amy probably considers the prettiest girl she knows.  Sheldon is immune to such come-ons.

Perhaps Amy is theorizing about Penny having met Sheldon in the building--not meeting him the way she did in real life, but meeting him because he already lived in the building (but without Leonard), and she moved in, therefore she sees him or runs into him in the basement.

Maybe Amy is thinking of Penny as a manchaser (especially if she never met Leonard), but it still turns out that Sheldon isn't interested in her.

She's not dreaming of Sheldon being tempted by Penny or anyone, but of the fact that he's not interested.

And as others have said, it underscores the fact that his non-response to Amy isn't about Amy, but about Sheldon, therefore Amy doesn't have to be insecure about being undesirable.

ETA: In this dream scenario, Penny wouldn't be Amy's best friend (going after her boyfriend) because she and Penny would not have met and Sheldon wouldn't be Amy's boyfriend because she and Sheldon would not have met.

But these are two people in her circle and she's perhaps imagining how they might have reacted to one another if they had met in different circumstances.

Since Amy thinks Sheldon is attractive and desireable, Penny is attracted to him.  And since Sheldon is who he is, he's not at all affected by Penny's come-ons.

My sentiments exactly.

I like Shenny, but I am not interpreting the dream as a big step for Shenny shippers. It might inspire some new fanfics or videos though, lol. I find two things more interesting about that dream though: why is Amy dreaming about Penny, her bestie, putting the moves on Sheldon, and why is there a dream with Sheldon in it in the first place if these dreams were all supposed to be about lives without Sheldon? Maybe this was the tag?

• Like 1

I have read hundreds of times how "at least a dream scenario would be great" so I don't think all of you are gonna love it, but a lot of you will. Just basing this on what I have read over the years.

Hhm. I've only seen about three plaintive hopes for a dream scenario, but I've only been observing for about a year, so I'm prepared to trust another's judgement.

However, I still don’t think shenny folk are going to be particularly scintillated by this.

A dream scenario would certainly be interesting if it originated from either Sheldon or Penny, but this is Amy’s dream, so it’s all her interpretation and psychology. It has, in that sense, no basis in either Sheldon or Penny’s “reality”.

It’s all in Amy’s mind. Like the near-kiss of the earlier episode. So both Penny’s seduction and Sheldon’s non-response isn’t “real”. It’s Amy’s imagined response. It could be indicative of her wishes, and Penny’s advance indicative of Amy’s fears. I’m starting to think the writers are a little sadistic….they give a half-arsed version of two of the various fandom’s most coveted moments (Sheldon kissing Amy and Penny kissing Sheldon) within an Amy daydream.

Am I the only one who feels like an utter berk talking about “kissing” like this?

Are we twelve? I bought dinosaur socks today, so perhaps…   

Should be an interesting episode regardless. I was hoping for something like this. TBBT writers do surrealism rather well when they're inclined to.

(O the simulated horror!)

• Like 3

Hhm. I've only seen about three plaintive hopes for a dream scenario, but I've only been observing for about a year, so I'm prepared to trust another's judgement.

However, I still don’t think shenny folk are going to be particularly scintillated by this.

A dream scenario would certainly be interesting if it originated from either Sheldon or Penny, but this is Amy’s dream, so it’s all her interpretation and psychology. It has, in that sense, no basis in either Sheldon or Penny’s “reality”.

It’s all in Amy’s mind. Like the near-kiss of the earlier episode. So both Penny’s seduction and Sheldon’s non-response isn’t “real”. It’s Amy’s imagined response. It could be indicative of her wishes, and Penny’s advance indicative of Amy’s fears. I’m starting to think the writers are a little sadistic….they give a half-arsed version of two of the various fandom’s most coveted moments (Sheldon kissing Amy and Penny kissing Sheldon) within an Amy daydream.

Am I the only one who feels like an utter berk talking about “kissing” like this?

Are we twelve? I bought dinosaur socks today, so perhaps…   

Should be an interesting episode regardless. I was hoping for something like this. TBBT writers do surrealism rather well when they're inclined to.

(O the simulated horror!)

Yeah, I agree, but as I said, the fandom is big and there is space for different interpretations. i just checked Tumblr and many Shennies are already in fits of joy so, like always, different strokes for different folks. :)

I mostly agree with what phanta said. I was wondering why whould Amy dream about Penny coming on to Sheldon especially if the point is what life would be like without Sheldon??? But then I read about Amy's insecurity and how she didn't think that Sheldon cares about her. And now it kind of makes sense. First she thought just like the others what life whould be without Sheldon and she pictured herself sad and lonely. So she started conparing that with her current life and felt grateful. But then she started thinking on the other way around which is how Sheldon's life would be without her???Would he be happy and carefree and maybe find a different SO someday??? Of course she finds Sheldon appealing and to quote her like a sexy praying mantis so in her head it isn't irrational that Penny whould be attracted to him. Remember when she showed her his photo and asked "how it is possible to work with that face all day and not fall in love with it?" Penny freaked out and laughed but Amy never understood that, she thought she made her point. So in her head it isn't peculiar that if she never existed Penny might have sexual interest in Sheldon. And that is exactly the point. She didn't dream about Sheldon hitting on her and Penny blowing him off. That would indicate that she is insecure. On the contrary, she dreamed of a Sheldon uninterest to the prettiest girl alive that has love in her heart in Amy's opinion. Deep down she knows that he loves her and that she is his exception.

Recently on the shamy thread koops made a very good point. She said that at this point even though we know that Sheldon cares about Amy a great deal Amy herself can't be so sure about that. At the end of the day we didn't know why she would stay(besides that she loves him because sometimes love isn't enough there must be some response). Now we know and Amy knows too what motivates her to continue giving without always receiving anything back. Sheldon can't express his feelings but that doesn't mean he doesn't have them. He is way more emotional than Amy!!! At least she expresses what she feels. If Sheldon was my friend and he had his SO as a screensaver I would mock him so much!!!!!! Good heartedly of course I actually find it really sweet. With that and with the stairs scene the writers gave me hope again!! I doubt that they did it on purpose but right at the point many of us started thinking "why Amy stays" they go on and do that!!!They show how affectionate Sheldon thinks of Amy AND he doesn't freak out when she is looking at him like a teen with a crush or when she says she missed him or when she asked if he missed her. He actually took it very well and he kind of said that ge did miss her and that he wanted to have her with him!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2