S7 Spoilers

bigbangsheldon

That wasn't really a secret though but you have a good idea therr

Sheldon never told Leonard that Penny was considering breaking up with him during the beginning of season 6. I think something that important between Penny & Leonard he could very eaasily keep a secret.

• Like 1

After reading the preliminary info last night, I woke up this morning thinking about Sheldon trying to get Leonard to take him to work. I wonder if he already asked Amy (offscreen) and she said no, since he's supposed to be on vacation.

Anyway, I think he needs to be left on the stairs so Penny could find him.

I think it's very funny that he just comes out and says that he's involved in their relationship and says, "where will we all live?" That's the question the fans have been bandying about for some time now. If Leonard and Penny move in together, what becomes of Sheldon? Which apartment will they live in? Who moves out? Who moves in? And so forth.

And here the writers kind of poke fun at that very round of speculation. :p

I don't think that Sheldon would normally think about Amy yet, when thinking about his living arrangements, because he's thinking kind of "inside the box", if you will. He's only thinking of his present situation, with certain variations--L/P living together in his apartment or the three of them living somewhere else, perhaps.

He's not quite ready, apparently, to imagine himself either living alone or living with Amy. He's lived with Leonard for so long that he can't imagine that he wouldn't any longer, even if L&P were to get married.

Perhaps they're planting a seed for a future episode where that question truly comes to the fore. We've had Amy talking about living alone, equating that with the status of her relationship, apparently wishing Sheldon were there with her, since she's gone so far as to create Rice!Sheldon.

So Amy is sad about living alone, Sheldon is wondering about his living arrangements should L&P get married or move in together. Seeds.

I'm not saying that there's necessarily going to be any major movement along these lines right away, but the issues have been raised.

I'm loving the Amy/Raj/Howard story. I wonder if Amy went ahead and accepted the Bert's invitation because she remembers what it was like to not have any friends, etc.. And I love that she's oblivious to the guy crushing on her--and that someone would indeed crush on her.

And I like that the guys want to go to bat for her.

I also like the Bernie/Stuart story. I'm glad that she sticks up for him, but of course, in the end, she still needs to replace that comic... :p

Edited by phantagrae

I'm gather the argument between L/P with Sheldon possibly being involved at the end of the episode was about Penny quiting her job and Leonard trying to explain why he thought it was a potential bad idea. If she quits the Cheesecake Factory how will she earn an income. I'm wondering if her scene in NCIS paid her an amount that will cover her expenses for a couple of months allowing her the opportunity to go to more casting calls.

That's what I'm thinking. She probably made enough from NCIS and has a little pay leftover from TCF to keep her afloat for a few months, but I think future episodes will have her needing to get another job once that runs out. Part of me hopes they have her end up taking some sort of position at the university, such as receptionist or Amy's assistant. Might not be thrilling, but at least it would give her regular hours and probably feel less menial (for her) than being at TCF. 

@ koops:

It´s not like Sheldon wouldn´t know how to get to work. It´s a forced vacation like in epsiode 5/16 "The Vacation Solution".

So Sheldon sees himself as a part of the Penny/Leonard-relationship and wants the whole thing to stay that way forever - What about Amy? Hasn´t Sheldon thought about her?

It seems to me the writers put Amy on the back burner this season to promote the Sheldon/Penny interaction, which they seem to think is more interesting. Because of this, there is no movement in Lenny or Shamy. Sheldon and Penny have teamed up at least four times against Leonard, but can't seem to do that with their own partners.

I think it seems like Sheldon is serving the same purpose in this episode for Lenny that Penny served in 6.14 for Shamy ... bringing up elephant in the room issues that wouldn't necessarily be addressed otherwise. Because of that, it doesn't bother me so much that Sheldon is inserted into the P/L plotline. 

Thank you, Dana.

Wow...I hope I am not seeing what I think I am but it appears like they set the stage for Penny to move in with Sheldon and Leonard? I would hate that to be honest. I really wouldn't like that at all.  Please say it isn't so, writers!   I really hope they don't go there.  Sheldon needs to learn independence and Lenny need time to be a couple (alone without an adult "child" on their hands).

The writers need to get Sheldon out of the Lenny relationship period and since when would Sheldon be willing to run errands while Penny delivers headshots and stuff.  He would be bored stiff doing that.   The writers work so hard at trying to keep Sheldon the same (with Amy), yet then they take him totally out of character and do something like this?  Makes no sense!  Boy are they pushing the envelope here.

I don't think it out of character, what bothers me is that it is not progress - Sheldon growing up. I liked the story line of L/P parents to Sheldon in season 3 but let's not regress --- again!.  What they are presenting here is not a genius with phobias, anxieties, lacking social skills et al but actually a person with intellectual DISability --- it seems they are negating his IQ entirely, and it's been bugging me all season.

I completely agree that it way past the time for Sheldon to get out of the L/P story!

@ koops:

It´s not like Sheldon wouldn´t know how to get to work. It´s a forced vacation like in epsiode 5/16 "The Vacation Solution".

So Sheldon sees himself as a part of the Penny/Leonard-relationship and wants the whole thing to stay that way forever - What about Amy? Hasn´t Sheldon thought about her?

That's the first thing I thought of when I read that part of  the report.  They make it sound as if he is not thinking of Amy in his future.  :girldevil:  :diablo:  :banghead: 

On the plus side ----- It appears we are finally getting an episode with 1) no fat momma jokes 2) sex --- " not getting/not giving any " jokes!  :party: 

Edited by dessertisserved

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

On the plus side ----- It appears we are finally getting an episode with 1) no fat momma jokes 2) sex --- " not getting/not giving any " jokes!  :party: 

Always look on the bright side of life for sure!

Now, my view, not that anyone cares anyway:

- I LOVED, repeat, I LOVED, Amy/Howard/Raj's storyline, and Bernadette/Stuart NICE TO SEE A NEW DYNAMIC FOR A CHANGE (same cannot be said for the Sheldon and their parents LP... old recycled stuff)

and by the LP story it seems to be it's heading onto making Sheldon, Leonard & Penny all living together and I'm not really enthusiastic about that on the least. I would rather have Amy living with Penny 10000 times before that. The Sheldon as Leonard & Penny's kid thing is not a dynamic I enjoy in the least. It was funny once, it was less funny next time and right now is not funny anymore. At all. And with all 3 of them living together I fear is the dynamic they will resort to and I'm not a fan, NOT A FAN.

Now, I repeat, the Amy/Howard/Raj thing with Amy's suitor and Amy not wanting to hurt his feelings and Howard & Raj being all protective older brothers towards her really warms my heart. And I would love to believe that such storyline would stop the naysayers saying that "Amy is just desperate for sex, she would do anyone", but sadly, those people will ignore it.  The good news is that I don't care anymore :p.

And Bernie/Stuart was awesome I just wish Stuart would have been there when Bernie said all of those nice things about him. Stuart could have definitely used the ego-boost.

Edited by Sursonica
  • Like 3

Where does the report indicate that they resolve the L/P/S story by saying, "Yes, Sheldon, when we get married the three of us are going to live together and Penny and I will be your parents!"?  I think they're poking fun at the idea, because obviously Sheldon intruding into their future plans is ridiculous.

I like what koops pointed out in the Shamy spolier thread--that Sheldon hates change and so he's constantly in denial about the idea of things in his life changing.  So, if L&P get married, things can't change too much, so he imagines the three of them living together in the guys' apartment.  And if Amy and he were to live together, he'd probably again imagine them in his same apartment.

Koops' post is much better than my attempt to explain, but the idea is that Sheldon recognizes that things are on the verge of change and though he's not against it (he wants their relationship issues to be resolved), he doesn't want anything (where he lives, and Leonard being there) to change.

• Like 6

Where does the report indicate that they resolve the L/P/S story by saying, "Yes, Sheldon, when we get married the three of us are going to live together and Penny and I will be your parents!"?  I think they're poking fun at the idea, because obviously Sheldon intruding into their future plans is ridiculous.

It doesn't. But is not a far fetched supposition that the writers don't want to split up the Big 3 and if they are gonna make Leonard & Penny live together is very plausible that they are gonna have Sheldon be there as well. And the LP as Sheldon's parents thing started when LP were practically living together back in S3. Therefore I don't think such supposition is that far fetched.

Even if LP move in together they are not gonna make Sheldon move in with Amy. Shamy is not ready for it, and most importantly, the writers are not ready for it. And IMO, LP are not ready for it.

One thing I think it's happening is the writers setting up different living arrangements. I don't think that is far fetched in the least considering several story-lines we've already had mentioning it, especially Habitation Configuration. And IMO the most plausible is LPS living together and the rest as they were. Because that would make LP stable where they are, and keep the Shamy on the freezer like the writers seem to be doing. But again, IF IT WERE to happen, it would surely facilitate the LP!Parents! Sheldon!Child interaction and not a fan of that. If they wanna spice it up, but keep the couples stagnated I would rather have Amy move in with Penny.

• Like 2

If they move Penny in to live with Sheldon and Leonard, then you can pretty much assume that the Shamy relationship isn't going to progress for a very long time.   That dynamic will put Sheldon back into his childish mode instead of him growing up to be a man like he was trying so hard to do off and on this season. He will be content in his homeostatic position of having is "pseudo parents" still in the apartment.  Instead the focus will be on the trio roommates and that will be a shame.  It will be a constant old-hat routine of Sheldon and Penny disagreeing on cleanliness, and every other thing they disagree on.  UGH!  Amy and Leonard will end up being vehicles to keep Sheldon and Penny from tearing each others hair out all the time.   How is that helping Lenny progress?  How is that helping Shamy progress?  It isn't.  It is putting us back to  S3.

I don't want to wait for four more years to see a possible new step in the Shamy relationship.  I don't want to see that Amy is only an after thought or an escape with/for him all the time.   I want to see progress in their relationship but I think that won't happen unless someone forces it.  The best way to force it is for him to have to learn some independence and to learn how to not be constantly kept in a "child" mode.   He won't be learning either of those things if Penny moves in with Sheldon and Leonard.  

• Like 4

Amy is not going to live with Penny. It's a one bedroom apartment. I think it's going to come down to Penny not being able to afford her apartment when she still doesn't get acting jobs. That will make Leonard move in with Penny. Leronard's always wanted to live with Penny anyways. I think that would both Shamy and Lenny fans happy.

• Like 1

Amy is not going to live with Penny. It's a one bedroom apartment. I think it's going to come down to Penny not being able to afford her apartment when she still doesn't get acting jobs. That will make Leonard move in with Penny. Leronard's always wanted to live with Penny anyways. I think that would both Shamy and Lenny fans happy.

If Leonard moves into Penny's apartment with her, yes, I agree...but not if Penny moves in with Sheldon and Leonard (as a third roommate).  That would be horrible.

• Like 5

If it comes down to what you think it will  .... it surely will be very romantic....

Edited by vasu

If Leonard moves into Penny's apartment with her, yes, I agree...but not if Penny moves in with Sheldon and Leonard (as a third roommate).  That would be horrible.

Agreed. If they writers are not ready to have Amy move in with Sheldon I'm totally OK with that. I would prefer to have Sheldon living alone than with L & P.

• Like 6

Agreed. If they writers are not ready to have Amy move in with Sheldon I'm totally OK with that. I would prefer to have Sheldon living alone than with L & P.

Exactly. I for one would prefer him living alone a bit.  I think it will make him appreciate Amy more and help him grow into and realize how much he wants her with him.  But if he has two other roommates living with him all the time, he won't ever even have to realize he needs her.   He will be occupied with his arguments with Penny about things and getting between Leonard and Penny about things all the time and just be a dang nuisance and pain all the time. Amy will only be an after thought or when he happens to "remember" that he has date night, etc.  I don't care for that dynamic at all.   If that is the case, I would rather she break up with him and find someone who will appreciate him and move on with her life.   Let him be alone the rest of his life in that case.  He would deserve it because eventually Leonard and Penny will move out on their own and won't live with him forever.

• Like 2

I hope Penny will get something in terms of career with this arc, if not there wouldn't be any point to it. Leonard moving in out of necessity is enough to make me cringe, the thought of Penny losing her independence that way. If she runs out of money before getting an acting gig, I can't see her not looking for a temporary job. The trio living together is more likely, there's no way Sheldon will be ready to live with Amy anytime soon. I'm not sure what people are referring to when they say he has progressed, after the way he acted in 7.10 and his coldness towards Amy in 7.11 I'd say he's completely regressed. I'm in the minority in that I actually enjoy seeing LP act as Sheldon's parents, it's good practice for the smart and beautiful babies they will one day have. 

• Like 2

Exactly. I for one would prefer him living alone a bit.  I think it will make him appreciate Amy more and help him grow into and realize how much he wants her with him. 

I've been saying this for sometime now, I so hope they go down this path.

I'm not sure what people are referring to when they say he has progressed, after the way he acted in 7.10 and his coldness towards Amy in 7.11

What coldness are you referring to in 7'11?

Did you watch a different episode then me?

• Like 3

Bunk beds...Besties forever! :)

• Like 3

I've been saying this for sometime now, I so hope they go down this path.

What coldness are you referring to in 7'11?

Did you watch a different episode then me?

I'm referring to the final scene. He made no real acknowledgement that he missed her, saying he wished he was there instead of him. He showed no affection and didn't have any interest in what she was saying.