The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bigbangsheldon

S7 Spoilers

Im in the middle of 'working' and I just realised something about the spoilers that makes me really happy. Since Sheldon and Penny are going to be 'bonding', Bernie and Amy are away on this trip and Leonard is at sea, that only leaves Howard and Raj, which I'm hoping means we will get some good scenes between them. If there is one thing I feel had been missing in season six it's some of the good old banter between those two. I can imagine Howard taking Raj out to all these sleazy bars that he would have gone to when he was single and try to show Raj all of his 'moves'. I dunno I think that could be funny, I was kinda getting sick of how pathetic they were making Raj in season six, it just wasn't that funny. So I'm hoping that will change in season 7.

I would love to see more Howard/Raj interaction and yes, I could envision this scenario, especially with Raj wanting to test his new found ability to speak to women.   Should be hilarious.

I'm curious to see how Howard might do as Raj's "wingman" without being able to hit on any women himself!  We've seen him acting as Raj's "hand monkey" when he was dating the deaf girl, and we've seen Raj using a disinterested Sheldon as a wingman on a couple of occasions, but I wonder if Howard will miss his "good old days" of hitting on women with every bad pick-up line in the book--and what kind of advice he might end up giving poor Raj... :p

• Like 4

Thanks Stardustmelody.

Leonard seems to be having a great time.  Freedom from all the madness he deals with in his everyday life.

Nice to see Bernie and Amy having fun and I'm sure it will go down hill from there.

• Like 1

Berg, berg, berg!

And Raj as cougar bait.

Amy and Bernie wooping it up.

And then there's Sheldon and Penny.......

..strifedemotivator.jpg

I think Lenny fans may be upset about Leonard having the time of his life away from Penny.   I guess I could see him having a good time and all, but he was partying pretty hard from the scene.  I also think that Penny has to feel a bit sad about the fact that he seems like he is doing so well when she was missing him so much.   Sort of sad really.

I think the writers have set it up for Sheldon to comfort Penny (not be antagonists like many tried to convince us).  It seems like they have set it up that Penny cries on Sheldon's shoulder and he comforts her.  I predict they will likely have him hold her or hug her, which is going to annoy Shamy fans for certain because Amy gets NOTHING.   I also think the Amy/Bernie scene is nothing like they presented in that it sounded like Amy/Bernie were going to get in a fight, but now it sounds like that they are enjoying being hit on. I hope the fight isn't over a guy, or Bernie trying to reason with Amy to let the guys go because she has Sheldon and Amy fights her. I really don't want them making Amy look desperate and that she would go off with anyone kind of thing.   It was a bit disturbing and I could be way off, but it wasn't sounding like it was going on a good path.

Raj's scene wasn't interesting either.   His came across pretty boring.    So far, I hope the taping report shows it better than the sides are revealing.  There definitely isn't any Shamy likely in the first episode on premiere night.   Guess we will see if any sides show up for the second episode (taping week).

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 1

I think Lenny fans may be upset about Leonard having the time of his life away from Penny. I guess I could see him having a good time and all, but he was partying pretty hard from the scene. I also think that Penny has to feel a bit sad about the fact that he seems like he is doing so well when she was missing him so much. Sort of sad really.

I think the writers have set it up for Sheldon to comfort Penny (not be antagonists like many tried to convince us). It seems like they have set it up that Penny cries on Sheldon's shoulder and he comforts her. I predict they will likely have him hold her or hug her, which is going to annoy Shamy fans for certain because Amy gets NOTHING. I also think the Amy/Bernie scene is nothing like they presented in that it sounded like Amy/Bernie were going to get in a fight, but now it sounds like that they are enjoying being hit on. I hope the fight isn't over a guy, or Bernie trying to reason with Amy to let the guys go because she has Sheldon and Amy fights her. I really don't want them making Amy look desperate and that she would go off with anyone kind of thing. It was a bit disturbing and I could be way off, but it wasn't sounding like it was going on a good path.

).

I'm gonna say for myself I'm not perturbed, at all. They have suffered everthing that one could think of and rebounded. Let the guy have some fun. NOT that Penny should suffer. They have been through the mill already.

Edited by Nogravitasatall

Three sides are up. I am attaching the files to this message for those who want to see them. BBT_7x01_Waitertsides.pdf BBT_7x01_Scientistsides.pdf BBT_7x01_Gracesides.pdf

My stupid phone won't let me look, if I could be bothered to get out if bed I would look on my PC but that will have to wait till morning

I think Lenny fans may be upset about Leonard having the time of his life away from Penny. I guess I could see him having a good time and all, but he was partying pretty hard from the scene. I also think that Penny has to feel a bit sad about the fact that he seems like he is doing so well when she was missing him so much. Sort of sad really.

I think the writers have set it up for Sheldon to comfort Penny (not be antagonists like many tried to convince us). It seems like they have set it up that Penny cries on Sheldon's shoulder and he comforts her. I predict they will likely have him hold her or hug her, which is going to annoy Shamy fans for certain because Amy gets NOTHING. I also think the Amy/Bernie scene is nothing like they presented in that it sounded like Amy/Bernie were going to get in a fight, but now it sounds like that they are enjoying being hit on. I hope the fight isn't over a guy, or Bernie trying to reason with Amy to let the guys go because she has Sheldon and Amy fights her. I really don't want them making Amy look desperate and that she would go off with anyone kind of thing. It was a bit disturbing and I could be way off, but it wasn't sounding like it was going on a good path.

Raj's scene wasn't interesting either. His came across pretty boring. So far, I hope the taping report shows it better than the sides are revealing. There definitely isn't any Shamy likely in the first episode on premiere night. Guess we will see if any sides show up for the second episode (taping week).

I hope there is no hugging because then how is it that he can hug penny but not Amy, I think there will be mass shamy despair going on if that happens!

• Like 1

And maybe some new teeth cos I feel I will grind my teeth in despair if the writers ignore all of Sheldon's physical contact issues just so he can comfort penny

Fcol

Dear Sheldon,

Please Hug Penny. It would benefit you a lot.

Regards,

Vasu.

Dear Sheldon,

Regards,

Vasu.

How would it exactly benefit Sheldon, he hates physical contact lol? Good for Leonard having a great time, but kinda feel sorry for Penny missing Leonard and he hangs up haha, but it nice to see the dynamics shifted a bit now between Lenny.

I think Lenny fans may be upset about Leonard having the time of his life away from Penny.   I guess I could see him having a good time and all, but he was partying pretty hard from the scene.  I also think that Penny has to feel a bit sad about the fact that he seems like he is doing so well when she was missing him so much.   Sort of sad really.

I think the writers have set it up for Sheldon to comfort Penny (not be antagonists like many tried to convince us).  It seems like they have set it up that Penny cries on Sheldon's shoulder and he comforts her.  I predict they will likely have him hold her or hug her, which is going to annoy Shamy fans for certain because Amy gets NOTHING.   I also think the Amy/Bernie scene is nothing like they presented in that it sounded like Amy/Bernie were going to get in a fight, but now it sounds like that they are enjoying being hit on. I hope the fight isn't over a guy, or Bernie trying to reason with Amy to let the guys go because she has Sheldon and Amy fights her. I really don't want them making Amy look desperate and that she would go off with anyone kind of thing.   It was a bit disturbing and I could be way off, but it wasn't sounding like it was going on a good path.

Raj's scene wasn't interesting either.   His came across pretty boring.    So far, I hope the taping report shows it better than the sides are revealing.  There definitely isn't any Shamy likely in the first episode on premiere night.   Guess we will see if any sides show up for the second episode (taping week).

My stupid phone won't let me look, if I could be bothered to get out if bed I would look on my PC but that will have to wait till morning

I hope there is no hugging because then how is it that he can hug penny but not Amy, I think there will be mass shamy despair going on if that happens!

Yeah I think Leonard is going to come off having the time of his life and hasen't thought about Penny at all, but to be fair he is probably having the time of his life, Penny may have just rang him at the wrong time. If she rang him when he was alone in his cabin it could of been different. It is ironical because how many times through out the series has Leonard been available accross the hall, while Penny was intent on dating these loosers, now he is actually gone for a while anyway, she now misses him. So it kinda sad but thats good, because I think alot of people are going to feel sorry for Penny and that is a good thing.

Thanks Stardust for the sides. Again I'm missing all the distress some people are having in regards to Lenny and Shamy. Being a Lenny fan I think its good he's having a good time on the boat. Considering all the grief Leonard has put up with Penny (and Sheldon) through the years its probably deserved. I think Penny and Sheldon should reflect on how lucky they are to have Leonard. They should miss him.

In regards to the Shamy. Amy (and Bernadette) getting drinks bought for them by two guys is no big deal. I think Amy deserves that attention after putting up with Sheldon.

As to Penny and Sheldon getting closer (and possibly hugging) in regards to Leonard being gone it seems to be a natural reaction. They are affected the most. If Sheldon and Penny hug does that really take away from the Shamy? No!!! Sheldon and Penny have been friends long before they knew Amy. It's not like they haven't hugged before. 

I sense battlefield In the beginning of the season.... Get your armours ready people. It's gonna get rough.

Rough in the sense that the show is going to be a little challenging at the outset because TBBT are going broad with their appeal for the grand opening and saving their big guns for latter in the season, maybe, perhaps? They are still aiming to grow their audience. Hook the some new audience and then play them. The fans are already hooked, I'd humbly suggest.

The point I was trying to make is that Sheldon very rarely intiates hugs

He accepted a consoling hug from Amy in the cooper kripke episode and he negotiated with her in the isolation episode with that cuddle

Then he refused to give penny a hug in the transformer episode and the two times he hugged her in the previous seasons were awkward and forced, he just doesn't like hugging

I can see him giving penny an awkward pat on the shoulder or something similar to the hospital scene when penny hurt her shoulder

Edited by rachelshamyfan
  • Like 1

How would it exactly benefit Sheldon, he hates physical contact lol? Good for Leonard having a great time, but kinda feel sorry for Penny missing Leonard and he hangs up haha, but it nice to see the dynamics shifted a bit now between Lenny.

Yeah I think Leonard is going to come off having the time of his life and hasen't thought about Penny at all, but to be fair he is probably having the time of his life, Penny may have just rang him at the wrong time. If she rang him when he was alone in his cabin it could of been different. It is ironical because how many times through out the series has Leonard been available accross the hall, while Penny was intent on dating these loosers, now he is actually gone for a while anyway, she now misses him. So it kinda sad but thats good, because I think alot of people are going to feel sorry for Penny and that is a good thing.

I'd suggest he may have momentarily forgotten himself. I'm skeptical that he'd forget Penny after six years. Bur I get your drift.

I'm not too concerned right now. What's in the sides (and sometimes what's taped) doesn't always make it to the screen

Dear Sheldon,

Regards,

Vasu.

No, it will just annoy the Shamy (not always a bad thing) and embolden the Shennys (not that they need any encouragement, since they live in their own alternate universe).

Rough in the sense that the show is going to be a little challenging at the outset because TBBT are going broad with their appeal for the grand opening and saving their big guns for latter in the season, maybe, perhaps? They are still aiming to grow their audience. Hook the some new audience and then play them. The fans are already hooked, I'd humbly suggest.

Nogravitas, if I might quietly ask, what are these "sides" and what did they say exactly? Everybody seems a little alarmed. My computer has some sort of artistically temperamental difficulty with showing the links. I have surmised thus far, from everyone's conversation, that Leonard is having a whale (!) of a time on the boat, and is playing some sort of drinking game concerning icebergs. Also Amy and Bernadette are having larks together, and having drinks bought for them. And Penny is missing Leonard. (as she should!) Is this all correct? Are these sides like early scripts? They often change things about though, don't they...

Wally, sides are portions of the episode script that have lines for guest actors to be used to audition. For instance, in the bar scene, there's a line for the waiter. So whoever wants to audition for the waiter role, would need the side to know the scene, etc.

I'm not alarmed by these scenes. I think some people are reading way too much into them, or extrapolating some kind of worst-case scenario.

For instance, in the bar scene, we're just seeing the beginning of Bernie and Amy's trip, not the whole thing. So they let some guys buy them drinks and they enjoy the moment of attention. That's ALL that one little moment shows. There's obviously going to be more to their trip than that one moment. That's only the beginning of the trip.

And I don't think that Leonard having a good time and not being all down in the dumps means that Sheldon is going to all of a sudden be hugging it out with Penny. I'm not saying that she won't try to cry on his shoulder, but I don't think that Sheldon will suddenly become Mr. Compassion, even if he also feels hurt by Leonard not missing him, etc.

As for Howard and Raj, again, all we're getting here is a glimpse of Raj attempting to talk to one girl--and we see that the HR lady is back. I think that's interesting. Howard mentions that her husband left her--I predict that Raj might end up hitting on her... And I'm guessing that her reappearance isn't necessarily about the tenure issue...

Edited by phantagrae
  • Like 1

Nogravitas, if I might quietly ask, what are these "sides" and what did they say exactly? Everybody seems a little alarmed. My computer has some sort of artistically temperamental difficulty with showing the links. I have surmised thus far, from everyone's conversation, that Leonard is having a whale (!) of a time on the boat, and is playing some sort of drinking game concerning icebergs. Also Amy and Bernadette are having larks together, and having drinks bought for them. And Penny is missing Leonard. (as she should!) Is this all correct? Are these sides like early scripts? They often change things about though, don't they...

When the show needs bit part actors, they send the part to a site that distributes them to would-be actors. The script only contains the relevant section for the bit part.

So, you can get a hint of what will happen from them.

It should be noted that the "sides" site is for registered members (actors) only. It seems there are a few "moles".

You have to log in here to download the pdf's to read.

• Like 2

When the show needs bit part actors, they send the part to a site that distributes them to would-be actors. The script only contains the relevant section for the bit part.

So, you can get a hint of what will happen from them.

It should be noted that the "sides" site is for registered members (actors) only. It seems there are a few "moles".

You have to log in here to download the pdf's to read.

I just hit the link and read the doc on my iPad.

I see. Very helpful! Thank you Phantagrae and Disgusted! (that sounds odd....what about thank you Hooligan Minstrel and Unforgiven? No, that sounds like a cult....Er, thank you BOTH)

As for being unhappy about Sheldon potentially hugging Penny, I really don't think folk need fret. I understand that Sheldon is generally very retentive with his physical affection towards Amy, but it is potentially a bigger "deal" to hug someone you're romantically involved with, so perhaps that's why he's been avoiding it. I mean, he's hugged Wil Wheaton for goodness sake! AND Professor Proton. I presume that's not romantic. In the latter case I certainly HOPE not.....If he does comfort Penny, well that's grand! They've been too uppity with each other lately. And it shows he's getting better at expressing himself and becoming more empathetic. That can only be good for the S/A situation.

Leonard and the whole boat farrago sounds hilarious. But what the devil actually happens? He's talking to Penny on the phone, gets distracted, and...hangs up? Elaboration please, anyone, when you have the chance....

Ta very much again.

• Like 3

Leonard and the whole boat farrago sounds hilarious. But what the devil actually happens? He's talking to Penny on the phone, gets distracted, and...hangs up? Elaboration please, anyone, when you have the chance....

Ta very much again.

Count, we don't know what happens, the side ends there.

Count, we don't know what happens, the side ends there.

Hhhm. Why are people saying Penny is miserable? All this 'crying on Sheldon's (bony) shoulder' etc? I suppose I should just shift my brain into "adult" gear, and patiently wait for the new episode.

I've mentally tacked a Bazinga onto the end of that sentence...

Thank you Tensor.

Edited by Count Wally de Honk

Hhhm. Why are people saying Penny is miserable? All this 'crying on Sheldon's (bony) shoulder' etc? I suppose I should just shift my brain into "adult" gear, and patiently wait for the new episode.

I've mentally tacked a Bazinga onto the end of that sentence...

Thank you Tensor.

correction. He hangs up, and he may have (probably is) distracted by the drinking game. Penny says she misses him, other than that I don't see where she's miserable. Now, losing the connection (there's a Hello, Hello from Penny for the last words on the side)may make her sad because it doesn't seem like Leonard is missing her. But, it really isn't clear. What you're seeing are extrapolations and guesses to what the sides say.

You're quite welcome.

• Like 3

Holly crap how/where did you find these?! I bet this was classified. But now I have an idea of what's gonna happen!

I don't think shamys are gonna appreciate the bar scene lol

It is obvious what is going to happen, AMy will sleep with a stranger, cheating and destroying Shamy. Penny will seek comfort in Sheldon, because like she always feared, Leonard is tired of her. Sheldon will hug Penny because he has always loved her. SHENNY

TPTB will do this because of the very vocal Shenny minority, who they must appease.

Of course I don't belief this, but sometimes I do get nervous.