• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, Heres what happened,   Originally, I wasn't planning on going on the tour.. But since Its a weekend, theres no filming and we are dying to know about this set, I thought I would give it a try.

It was a pleasure meeting you, Nog ♥♥♥ Yesterday, was a great day, starting off with the great people Nog and I befriended while waiting in line. Haha. I was very glad they did the tag scene fo

Hey guys, I went to the taping today!!! It was so surreal to see the actors live on stage.... Anyways I intended to do a proper detailed taping report but I lost my pen in the beginning of the taping

Posted Images

Really dude. That was uncalled for.

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask the question, given the air date schedule. Since the Star Wars ep is apparently airing on the 30th, that does leave the 13th in an interesting position. Will they air a non-valentines day episode on the day before VD? While it's certainly possible, it's also possible that they could continue the story into the next episode. Maybe not exactly a two-parter, but a hard-on-the-heels episode that ties up the ideas begun in the LM episode.

Either way, it's all good.

I think the whole two part thing started with Leia although I liked immediately afterwards because I was thinking the same thing. I don't know what the deleted post said but I'm an actual Lenny fan so my angle wasn't from the Shamy perspective. TBH  I think anything more from the Shamy in a second part probably would take away from the big moment. I was thinking more from the perspective of an ending for the Lenny and Raj and the vet.

I agree Chrismo, and as Bangermain said it kind of ended odd and left Howardette kind of uneventful. I don't think most, if any, Shamys think the "2nd part" (if one was to occur) will be Shamy focused but as I said in the Shamy thread why would they make it a point to do an overnight trip, mention the separate bedrooms, bring along Howardette if they could of had the same episode with out all that. They could have had Shamy on a dinner train and still had the creeper guy for Sheldon to talk to all night. 

Also I don't think it would be a "to be continued" type of episode but as i mention in the Shamy thread, last year we had Raj meet Lucy in the Vday episode and the next episode continued their same coffee date. So they could finish out Napa Valley in the next and the vet story line. 

• Like 1

I think the whole two part thing started with Leia although I liked immediately afterwards because I was thinking the same thing. I don't know what the deleted post said but I'm an actual Lenny fan so my angle wasn't from the Shamy perspective. TBH  I think anything more from the Shamy in a second part probably would take away from the big moment. I was thinking more from the perspective of an ending for the Lenny and Raj and the vet.

I wasn't creaming my Shamy pants, just thinking from a rationnal point of view that doors had been let open for all couples, and that the airing schedule seemed a week too early for a Valentine Episode, thus the possibility of a continuation of that episode.

Some people need to stop thinking of others as crazy fangirls out of their mind and not being able to think because of a SIK.

And this two-part things had already been evoked (<= does this word exists ?) by others, maybe on other threads.

I wonder if TPTB ever thought that the news about JEJ and CF would be trumped by little ol' Shamy...and a kiss on a train.  Tears, indeed, Mr. Molaro!! :biggrin:

You mean for a certain subset of the fanbase.  I am much more excited about the Star Wars episode... the general watching populous may be too.

I agree Chrismo, and as Bangermain said it kind of ended odd and left Howardette kind of uneventful. I don't think most, if any, Shamys think the "2nd part" (if one was to occur) will be Shamy focused but as I said in the Shamy thread why would they make it a point to do an overnight trip, mention the separate bedrooms, bring along Howardette if they could of had the same episode with out all that. They could have had Shamy on a dinner train and still had the creeper guy for Sheldon to talk to all night. 

Also I don't think it would be a "to be continued" type of episode but as i mention in the Shamy thread, last year we had Raj meet Lucy in the Vday episode and the next episode continued their same coffee date. So they could finish out Napa Valley in the next and the vet story line. 

I think the only reason Howardette was there, because otherwise Amy would be seated all alone when Sheldon was off with that guy, and Amy had only to kick that stranger out when she wanted to be alone with Sheldon.

Now she had to ask Howardette to leave, which could lead to Bernie asking what happened after she had left.

I can't imagine how he'll say "I love you" but then again, I couldn't imagine him planting a passionate kiss on Amy (let alone anyone) either. Hahah

I've always picturing him saying ' I Love you' the same way he said "but i need you" in the first episode of s6. With her leaving and him simply just spit it out like its the most obvious thing.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

You mean for a certain subset of the fanbase.  I am much more excited about the Star Wars episode... the general watching populous may be too.

According to the people who went to the taping the reaction to the kiss was massive and nothing like they'd experienced before. People were stomping, clapping, screaming, yelling, cheering for the entire length of the kiss with quite a few people requesting to watch the kiss again but yeah keep telling yourself that only a "certain subset" of people care about Shamy with that reaction.

I'm not sure why some people, in this instance, apparently a Shamy fan has to be insulting when someone doesn't share their view. BTW did you interview everyone in the studio? Did you take a poll out in the parking lot? How many exactly were requesting to see the kiss again? All I.H.F.S.C was stating their point of view of this compared to an upcoming episode. They have a right to do that. I'm sure it was a very exciting moment to see for fans. You just can't assume that since you loved it everyone else will.
  • Like 2

I'm not sure why some people, in this instance, apparently a Shamy fan has to be insulting when someone doesn't share their view. BTW did you interview everyone in the studio? Did you take a poll out in the parking lot? How many exactly were requesting to see the kiss again? All I.H.F.S.C was stating their point of view of this compared to an upcoming episode. They have a right to do that. I'm sure it was a very exciting moment to see for fans. You just can't assume that since you loved it everyone else will.

Umm, except he's doing the same by presuming the general populace will be much more excited about the Star Wars episode than the SIK. But, even aside from that, Sheldon and Amy are both popular characters and a popular couple --- the kiss has been long-anticipated and is a MASSIVE moment for both of them, especially Sheldon. Are you seriously telling me that the general audience will be more invested in celebrity guests than characters they have been following since the beginning of the show, especially with such a huge milestone? It's honestly surprising to me - it's like saying the general audience are going to care more about Bob Newhart appearing on the show than Penny saying ILY to Leonard for the first time, a huge scene for both characters development.

Also, no I didn't take a poll of everyone's reactions. But so far I have talked to three people who went to the taping, 2 shamy fans and 1 neutral and all 3 of them talked about the massive reaction to the kiss --- given that all 3 of them corroborated on the audience reaction I choose to believe them and conclude that it was a popular scene at the tapings. :)

Edited by menamena
  • Like 1

Umm, except he's doing the same by presuming the general populace will be much more excited about the Star Wars episode than the SIK. But, even aside from that, Sheldon and Amy are both popular characters and a popular couple --- the kiss has been long-awaited and is a MASSIVE moment for both of them, especially Sheldon. Are you seriously telling me that the general audience will be more invested in celebrity guests than characters they have been following since the beginning of the show, especially with such a huge milestone? It's honestly mind-boggling to me - it's like saying the general audience are going to care more about Bob Newhart appearing on the show than Penny saying ILY to Leonard for the first time, a scene that was long-awaited by most people following the show.

I think the point is that not everyone watches the show for the same reason - there is no right or wrong. Just sayin'..

• Like 3

I think the point is that not everyone watches the show for the same reason - there is no right or wrong. Just sayin'..

Agreed. Had IHSFC said he didn't care much for the SIK I wouldn't have argued. He was presuming the general populace would feel the same way as he does which to me was laughable. Sorry, but I happen to think that the general audience cares more about the main characters and their development than celebrity guests --- I didn't know that was such a radical idea. 

Edited by menamena

Yes, everyone watches for different reasons. It's nothing to argue about or diminish anyone's feelings about what they prefer.

But, to make an assumption (with no basis or facts, mind you) regarding what the 'general' audience will enjoy or what episode they will prefer is a little ridiculous. Let's wait for the ratings.

Everything is 'The Shamy's say blah blah and freak out'. Seriously, we get ONE fantastic episode and all of you are butthurt over it.

Edited by denajeanx
  • Like 7

Yes, everyone watches for different reasons. It's nothing to argue about or diminish anyone's feelings about what they prefer.

But, to make an assumption (with no basis or facts, mind you) regarding what the 'general' audience will enjoy or what episode they will prefer is a little ridiculous. Let's wait for the ratings.

Everything is 'The Shamy's say blah blah and freak out'. Seriously, we get ONE fantastic episode and all of you are butthurt over it.

I'm sorry but are you referring to me?  

I wasn't taking sides.  I was simply stating basically what you said in your first two sentences quoted above.  

So you can retract your "all of you" third statement because I have just proven that one false ...

I'm sorry but are you referring to me?  

I wasn't taking sides.  I was simply stating basically what you said in your first two sentences quoted above.  

So you can retract your "all of you" third statement because I have just proven that one false ...

I wasn't even talking about you. This has been going on since the taping report came out.

All I was saying, to begin with, is that, yes, there was plenty of excitement when the news about JEJ and CF came out--there was plenty of "woohoo"ing and all of that, from probably pretty much everyone, Lennys, Shamys, etc.

But it was pretty mild compared to the wildfire that was set off by this taping report--we're not the only ones talking about it.

And while I'm sure there will be plenty of excitement about JEJ and CF appearing on the show, their appearances are just guest shots, kind of how we got to see Brent Spiner and LeVar Burton and Stephen Hawking.

As fun and cool as all of that was, even Bob Newhart and Bill Nye, it's simply a cool guest star--it's not as if the gang is going to be starring in a Star Wars film or whatever.  I'm sure it will be funny and cool.

But as mena pointed out, the SIK is a major character development that has been in the works since S4, really, and it will be part of the ongoing story for these characters.  It's a milestone that will impact, in some way, the future of these characters much more than will a meeting with a famous person.  They've met lots of interesting people on this show (because lots of cool people are willing and interested in being on it) and it's always fun, but I think that things like the Howardette marriage, L&P saying ILY and finally being really together, the SIK, and probably if Raj ever gets a real girlfriend--these are the things that the fans will dwell on and root for.

Of course any individual's personal enjoyment may come from other things--especially if they're not into the relationships or whatever, but that doesn't mean that there won't be a lot of fans burning up the interwebs from now until that kiss hits the airwaves.

There's already a lot of excitement, apparently, and the show hasn't even aired yet.  Hardly anyone is swooning over JEJ at this point.

Edited by phantagrae
  • Like 7

All I was saying, to begin with, is that, yes, there was plenty of excitement when the news about JEJ and CF came out--there was plenty of "woohoo"ing and all of that, from probably pretty much everyone, Lennys, Shamys, etc.

But it was pretty mild compared to the wildfire that was set off by this taping report--we're not the only ones talking about it.

And while I'm sure there will be plenty of excitement about JEJ and CF appearing on the show, their appearances are just guest shots, kind of how we got to see Brent Spiner and LeVar Burton and Stephen Hawking.

As fun and cool as all of that was, even Bob Newhart and Bill Nye, it's simply a cool guest star--it's not as if the gang is going to be starring in a Star Wars film or whatever.  I'm sure it will be funny and cool.

But as mena pointed out, the SIK is a major character development that has been in the works since S4, really, and it will be part of the ongoing story for these characters.  It's a milestone that will impact, in some way, the future of these characters much more than will a meeting with a famous person.  They've met lots of interesting people on this show (because lots of cool people are willing and interested in being on it) and it's always fun, but I think that things like the Howardette marriage, L&P saying ILY and finally being really together, the SIK, and probably if Raj ever gets a real girlfriend--these are the things that the fans will dwell on and root for.

Of course any individual's personal enjoyment may come from other things--especially if they're not into the relationships or whatever, but that doesn't mean that there won't be a lot of fans burning up the interwebs from now until that kiss hits the airwaves.

There's already a lot of excitement, apparently, and the show hasn't even aired yet.  Hardly anyone is swooning over JEJ at this point.

Nailed it.

• Like 3

I didn't presume shit, but keep ranting and making yourself look a fool.  It is rather entertaining.

To be honest, That comment and previous comments made you look like a fool... EVERYONE watches the show for different reasons, Everyone has their own attraction to the show. Just because whats happened isn't exactly your cup of tea, gives you no reason to act in the way you do.

• Like 2