In Memoriam: Mike (walnutcowboy) has passed away

S7 Spoilers

bigbangsheldon

If the next titles is really table 4 polarization it more then likely has something to do with the tenure, and the guys arguing after Leonard (yeah I'm guessing Leonard tptb like to stroke Leonard so it's definetly Leonard) gets the tenure because of his disproving Sheldon's element. And his exepidtion with Hawking (nobody around to fuck with his work)

Edited by sECUREij

If the next titles is really table 4 polarization it more then likely has something to do with the tenure, and the guys arguing after Leonard (yeah I'm guessing Leonard tptb like to stroke Leonard so it's definetly Leonard) gets the tenure because of his disproving Sheldon's element. And his exepidtion with Hawking (nobody around to fuck with his work)

Oh someone disapproved of Sheldon's element poor Sheldon, for the record I dont think stroak or favor Leonard if thats what you meant, I think Leonard would be deserving of tenure more then Sheldon, he has kinda been in his shadow and always get's undermined by Sheldon for thinking his work is supeior.

Oh someone disapproved of Sheldon's element poor Sheldon, for the record I dont think stroak or favor Leonard if thats what you meant, I think Leonard would be deserving of tenure more then Sheldon, he has kinda been in his shadow and always get's undermined by Sheldon for thinking his work is supeior.

Actually it's the electric can opener "Prank" I don't care if Leonard disproved Sheldon's element. The arctic prank IRL that would get the entire arctic team canned and ostracized from the scientific community. But it's as simple as "Not messing with another mans work"

Leonard's job is testing other peoples theories to see if he can get the same results. His job isn't screwing around for 2 months with an electric can opener

Edited by sECUREij
  • Like 2

Actually it's the electric can opener "Prank" I don't care if Leonard disproved Sheldon's element. The arctic prank IRL that would get the entire arctic team canned and ostracized from the scientific community. But it's as simple as "Not messing with another mans work"

He didn't. All the data was available. Now, if Leonard had only kept the false data, you might have point. It was Sheldon who was trying to do something similar to science by press release, who screwed up. You don't announce anything until you've checked your data, written the paper and have others you work with review it and then submit it for peer reviewed, anything less brings condemnation, ask George Smoot about how things went with his release of the COBE data. Let's see, did Sheldon check his data for possible errors before announcing? Nope. Did he write the paper before announcing? Nope. Did he have others look over if before announcing? Obviously not, since he didn't write it. Did he submit for peer review? Again, obviously not. But I can understand how it might seem otherwise as Sheldon was such a nice and understanding expedition leader, looking after his teams best interests while he headed the expedition. You know, as duties of the expedition leader require.

Leonard's job is testing other peoples theories to see if he can get the same results.

Actually, his job is to get results from experiments he designs, not necessarily the same results for different experiments.

His job isn't screwing around for 2 months with an electric can opener

Just as Sheldon's job wasn't being a complete asshole as the leader of the expedition, what's your point? The data was available, and if Sheldon hadn't skipped several steps of the protocol for making an announcement, there wouldn't have been any problems.

And before any Sheldon fans jump on me, I'm answering specific accusations of Leonard, by pointing out Sheldon's own errors. That whole expedition turned out wrong in so many different ways, with each of the four guys contributing to the wrongness.

Edited by Tensor
  • Like 5

He didn't. All the data was available. Now, if Leonard had only kept the false data, you might have point. It was Sheldon who was trying to do something similar to science by press release, who screwed up. You don't announce anything until you've checked your data, written the paper and have others you work with review it and then submit it for peer reviewed, anything less brings condemnation, ask George Smoot about how things went with his release of the COBE data. Let's see, did Sheldon check his data for possible errors before announcing? Nope. Did he write the paper before announcing? Nope. Did he have others look over if before announcing? Obviously not, since he didn't write it. Did he submit for peer review? Again, obviously not. But I can understand how it might seem otherwise as Sheldon was such a nice and understanding expedition leader, looking after his teams best interests while he headed the expedition. You know, as duties of the expedition leader require. Actually, his job is to get results from experiments he designs, not necessarily the same results for different experiments. Just as Sheldon's job wasn't being a complete asshole as the leader of the expedition, what's your point? The data was available, and if Sheldon hadn't skipped several steps of the protocol for making an announcement, there wouldn't have been any problems.And before any Sheldon fans jump on me, I'm answering specific accusations of Leonard, by pointing out Sheldon's own errors. That whole expedition turned out wrong in so many different ways, with each of the four guys contributing to the wrongness.

Lets start with the simple. The data was currupt no matter how you swing it. You don't take a bite of a rancid steak, realise it's bad then look for "good" piece of meat. No do you throw it out, and that's what would happen to the month worth of negative results.

Next let's go ontoSheldon jumped the gun, yeahhe jumped the gun. But imagine you're in Sheldon's position, you have month worth of positive results. All proving that you have your ultimate goal within your sights. What are you going to do, send a notice let people know. Yeah I theory Sheldon should've waited, but it was proof of string theory his Nobel.

Let's continue on, Leonard hooward and rajs actions wasted so much money and time.rather then giving Sheldon the full amount of time to tweak his exepremnt, test all the virables, he'll maybe even shifting his hypothesis. They took all the potential of the entire trip away from Sheldon

And finally Loenard Howard and raj all knew Sheldon. They all knew how insane he is. Remember the running joke of the final episode pf s2. Howard knew immediately how stupid the decision was to go to arctic with Sheldon was. Yet Leonard chose to piggy back of Sheldon, and then when thinks weren't looking all that great he tossed Sheldon under the bus.

Edited by sECUREij

Lets start with the simple. The data was currupt no matter how you swing it. [snip]

Not true. Leonard stated he kept the real data.

Leonard: No, the overreaction was the plan to tie your limbs to four different sled dog teams and yell mush. Look, we kept the original data. You can still publish the actual results.

Not true. Leonard stated he kept the real data.

Leonard: No, the overreaction was the plan to tie your limbs to four different sled dog teams and yell mush. Look, we kept the original data. You can still publish the actual results.

Maybe so, but the point that Secure made that Sheldon might have changed his expiriment if they hadn't faked the results.

But after 3 weeks they started faking it, making Sheldon believe he was proving his theory, and therefor he continued on down that path.

They all made mistakes (including Sheldon), but I don't understand how people can still try to defend Leonard by simply stating he kept the original data.

• Like 1

Lets start with the simple. The data was currupt no matter how you swing it. You don't take a bite of a rancid steak, realise it's bad then look for "good" piece of meat. No do you throw it out, and that's what would happen to the month worth of negative results.

No, it wasn't all corrupt. All the original data was kept separately, without any of the can opener input. Go back and watch it. Leonard offered to give Sheldon the correct data. Sheldon declined because he had already prematurely announced that he discovered something.

Next let's go ontoSheldon jumped the gun, yeahhe jumped the gun. But imagine you're in Sheldon's position, you have month worth of positive results. All proving that you have your ultimate goal within your sights.

Ok, Imagine you in Leonard, Raj, and Howard's position and Sheldon is being a dick and driving everyone crazy because he can't find anything? What are you going to do?

What are you going to do, send a notice let people know. Yeah I theory Sheldon should've waited, but it was proof of string theory his Nobel.

The two guys who won the 1993 Nobel prize (Hulse-Taylor) discovered their pulsar in 1974, collected data for 8 years before writing their first paper in 1982 and another 7 years before writing their second in 1989. The Supernovae data collection that led to the discovery of Dark Energy took five years to gather and won the 2001 nobel, (Perlmutter). So, no, you just don't sent an email out, you verify. Sheldon had no reason to rush, the data they collected was the ONLY DATA AVAILABLE, no one else could have published without the data from their expedition, and the data was proprietary, to the four, for a whole year before anyone else could see it. That is the way those grants work. Oh, and it wouldn't have been a noble. Magnetic monopoles are predicted in more than just string theory. It would have been a major piece of support, but not enough for a Noble without other confirmations.

Let's continue on, Leonard hooward and rajs actions wasted so much money and time.rather then giving Sheldon the full amount of time to tweak his exepremnt, test all the virables, he'll maybe even shifting his hypothesis. They took all the potential of the entire trip away from Sheldon

He wasn't going to be able to tweak the experiment, the equipment is designed and built before it get taken to research stations, assembled there and then placed where data could be collected. They had what they had brought with them and nothing was going to change that, That was simply a data collection trip, using the equipment previously built.

Listen, dislike Leonard all you want, and I'll only defend him, in this case, using the same arguments that you are using to try to defend Sheldon, but try not build straw men or try to twist things into something they're not. Let's face it, Sheldon's being a dick and his premature announcement were the biggest problems.

Edited by Tensor
  • Like 2

Maybe so, but the point that Secure made that Sheldon might have changed his expiriment if they hadn't faked the results.

But after 3 weeks they started faking it, making Sheldon believe he was proving his theory, and therefor he continued on down that path.

They all made mistakes (including Sheldon), but I don't understand how people can still try to defend Leonard by simply stating he kept the original data.

I think theirs this perception that Sheldon can do no wrong, so people feel compelled to defend Leonard. as for Leonard faking the experiement after 3 weeks, but still providing the original data that was useless. Fair enough but I think the conclusion was that the only way to stop Sheldon from being a unstoppable douche lol, was to make him happy by making it look like he was making relevant progress, I think anyone being stuck with Sheldon for 3 months can relate to that, I Think its just the way they went about it was wrong thats all. 

• Like 1

I think theirs this perception that Sheldon can do no wrong, so people feel compelled to defend Leonard. as for Leonard faking the experiement after 3 weeks, but still providing the original data that was useless. Fair enough but I think the conclusion was that the only way to stop Sheldon from being a unstoppable douche lol, was to make him happy by making it look like he was making relevant progress, I think anyone being stuck with Sheldon for 3 months can relate to that, I Think its just the way they went about it was wrong thats all. 

Fair enough.

He couldn't change it. The equipment for that experiment is designed and built before it's taken to the research station. About the only thing that could have been changed would be the positioning of any antennas, which would have been the first thing they tried.

Well, because he did keep it. If all he had was the fake data, you (and sECUREij)would have a point. But, the actual data was available. Like I said, I'm not trying to defend Leonard for this, but neither did he do something as bad as sCUREij made it out to be. The biggest errors were Sheldon's behavior as the expedition leader and his premature announcement.

I'm an SF nut, and not a gigantic Star Wars fan (though it's a fun romp except for Ep 1), but to have two of the royal family from that franchise in this show is an extraordinary event to me. It will be meaningful to a huge number of viewers, particularly young men who grew up embedded in the Lucas oeuvre. Huge. And that JEJ out-crazied Sheldon is delightful. He (Sheldon) would have been sooooo conflicted about the strip club. LOL.

I really don`t know those two guest stars thats the other reason why I`m not that excited. I only know Epsiode 1-3 and I didn`t love them. But the thrid was the best if I had to choose even if it wasn´t great.

Edited by BlackWhiteRose

I hope they keep the excitement from the audience and don't tone it down

I kinda hope they do tone it down, and quite a bit, the only reason being is that it is such an intimate moment for them. The screaming, shouting, stomping would put a little bit of a damper on the intimacy of such a pivotal moment.

• Like 7

I kinda hope they do tone it down, and quite a bit, the only reason being is that it is such an intimate moment for them. The screaming, shouting, stomping would put a little bit of a damper on the intimacy of such a pivotal moment.

I'll just hit mute when I watch it the second time.. And third and 586th time.

• Like 9

I'm pretty sure they're going to have to tone it down. Sounds like it went absolutely crazy in there.

• Like 4