S7 Spoilers

bigbangsheldon

Aren't we all on the same team anyway lol? It's like telling your teammate score for the other team!! But But But I'm on your team. Even with Shenny, it should of never started in the first place, and it's not real it's all in their heads, but they are so passionate with it even now, they well never realize it, but they still play for Team Big Bang Theory so who am I to question them, even if they are bit nutty.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 2

Sheldon's head will be spinning. One crazy night with JEJ one week, a long train ride the next week and a long kiss that he actually likes with Amy.

This is the guy who started playing bongo's in the middle of the night after a few days of not having his hair cut.

How could he go back to the old Sheldon now?

• Like 2

I'm more into Leonard & Penny, but I love the Shamy too - and I agree, it's their time to shine! 

I really like Shamy, but I started watching because of Lenny, well I actually watched since the pilot, but I started reguarly watching in S3 because of them, so I well always have a soft spot for Lenny, to me they are the whole premise of the show. 

Sheldon's head will be spinning. One crazy night with JEJ one week, a long train ride the next week and a long kiss that he actually likes with Amy.

This is the guy who started playing bongo's in the middle of the night after a few days of not having his hair cut.

How could he go back to the old Sheldon now?

Question should be does Sheldon want to go back to the old Sheldon? Answer I don't know at this point. 

To quote Rodney King: "Can't we all just get along?"

I understand that some people were not amused by the prank. If it offended you, I'm sorry. But, I definitely think the entire topic should be dropped as it just causing fighting, which is completely absurd.

We are all on this forum because we love the show. We do not need to battle each other over which couple is better and why. I like all the couples, although obviously I favor Shamy. That doesn't give anyone the right to put others down because of who their ship is. Why can't we all just enjoy the show and respect each others ships? Of course, it is perfectly fine to express your opinions, even if it is not a "popular opinion", the problem comes in when we start battling each other over it. It reminds me of cliques in high school that talk about each other behind their backs. Is that really mature?

Bottom line, we all love the show. We can have respectful conversations like adults. We all have our ships. Let's just respect each other even if we disagree.

Edited by denajeanx
  • Like 4

All this talk about Shamy vs. Lenny...we should just all agree that Howardette is the best.  :)

They're not so crash hot either, giving your husband an allowance is almost like a mother/son relationship lol. In terms of an actual status quo, functioning, conventional relationship, yeah sure Howardette are the best. But you forget Howard would still be hitting on Penny if it wasen't for Penny. 

They're not so crash hot either, giving your husband an allowance is almost like a mother/son relationship lol. In terms of an actual status quo, functioning, conventional relationship, yeah sure Howardette are the best. But you forget Howard would still be hitting on Penny if it wasen't for Penny. 

TBBT likes to reverse previous generations conventional roles.

• In L/P Leonard is the committed one and Penny is not so sure she wants to settle down.
  • In S/A it is Sheldon that is not interested in being physical
  • In H/B it is Bernadette that brings in the big money and controls her husbands spending.
  • Like 8

It's weird I think the writing this season has been some of the best, a bit inconsistent here and their, but definately not burnt out or lacking balance. The continuity has been off this season thats the problem, I feel too much emphasis on progress with Lenny and Shamy, just leave them be writers they are together and happy. They make some improovement with Penny with Leonard like telling Leonard she's happy with her life because she has great friends, now one moment she is depressed with her life and drunk proposes, stuff like that it lacks continuity. Hate to say it but I am seeing a familiar tone here, the general consensus seems to be people beleive the show has declined or gone down hill in some massive way, I don't agree but I also beleive everyone is entitled to an opinion but in reason. I have watched since the begginning, became a fan since Season 3, do I think the show is as original as it was in 1-3 of course not, after so many years you cannot have the same impact you used too. But if Amy and Bernadette were not introduced to the show post Season Four, they would of ran out of original ideas with the original ensemble, you would be hearing comments like sick of seeing Leonard pining after Penny, sick of that douche Sheldon lol, sick of selfish Raj, sick of creepy Howard e.t.c. Change is the only way a sitcom grows over time and does not get stagnent.

Maybe too much of a focus on the relationships, and not enough on the actual comedy, maybe that's it. I have said this before though I feel this show has turned into Battleships, ever since Shamy, it's been oh Shamy's don't what its like to stress about their ship because they haven't been through it as long as Lenny's. I am a Lenny but I think that's riduclous is this war? When did watching this show become about everyone raise their battons the Shamy's are coming at us Attack!! lol, I mean like I said were on the same team we are all in the Big Bang Theory fandom. From a mainstream perspective Lenny is the most well known arch in the show, TBH the whole premise of the show was based on their relationship, but since then the show has undergone a massive transformation. So really I don't think the writings declined substantially, it has just evolved to suit where the show is now, it's style has changed. I guess some viewers just diddn't change with the show, some people well always enjoy it more when it was four eggheads and the hottie neighbour, you could say its a nerded Friends now, and that's okay different is good. That's what I love about TBBT, most shows resist the urge to change, the writers diddn't. Season 3 is my all time fav season tho, the show was just at its best then, it's funny you see it in every sitcoms, continuity in the writing was just much more seemless and progressive early on, but then it declines it's called stagnitism, something TBBT has managed to avoid IMO.

Edited by 3ku11

I realize that the term "bashing" has come to mean "someone said something I don't agree with," but perhaps some people should work on growing a thicker skin instead of taking everything said about their favorite ships personally. If someone can't do that, then perhaps they should do as the man said and retreat to the safe coccoon of the shipper threads, rather than attempt to deal with someone saying something less than flattering about their ships.

I didn't mean about any ship specifically. I meant that if people are getting upset when someone says a bad thing about their ship then to avoid unnecessary discussions, maybe some rules would come in handy or one thread where you can say anything you want without having an army throwing rocks at you. Maybe I used the term bashing incorrectly, english isn't my first language as you probably noticed by now.

I ship Lenny and Shamy and Shenny friendship...The fact that I'm more inclined to  Shamy right now has to do with the recent developments. I'm more than certain Lenny is endgame and now they're in a stage of their relationship that, if the writers don't screw up, will give us great joy. They can move in together, can get married, have babies or can just stay as they are but being more honest about their feelings. I also wish they stopped making Leonard look like a jerk whenever the subject of Penny's career comes up. 

I also wish they stopped making Leonard look like a jerk whenever the subject of Penny's career comes up. 

I've never interpreted Leonard as being a jerk about Penny's career.  It's like Sheldon said, Penny is a dreamer while Leonard is a realist.  Leonard knows the odds of becoming a successful actor are slim, even for someone who is talented and attractive.  It's not that he doesn't believe in her, but he knows what she's up against.  He would like to see her choose a goal that is less of a long shot and more likely to give her financial security.

• Like 3

Not sure where this perception that Leonard is pretty hostile when it comes to Penny's career, it's more a natural reaction too seeing someone you love fail. He is a realist like above said, he has probably being in the Scientific Community, calculate the risks of being an actress. He knows as Penny knows it's not easy, and the chances of stardom is one out of a million. Penny can act and she is hot, but remember back in S2 Barbarian Sublimation, Penny revealed to Sheldon they said she was too much of a "type", which means their is tons of pretty girls like her hoping too be a star, but at the end of it, its down to luck. It's like their are probably thousands of talented singers in LA, but these days it's much harder to get "discovered", I feel getting discovered, is kinda a lost art. You really need to push your self now, with social media e.t.c. Either you have a large following and fanbase, or it's not happeing. Maybe Penny should contact an agent or manager I don't know. To me Leonard has always offered a real perspective, which I think Penny has appreciated, like the thing that she hasen't had one paid acting job once, and Leonard was like techniquely it's not paid if your not paid. I think at this point in her career and life, he wants more financial security for her, and being an actor is not bringing it. 

Edited by 3ku11

I agree with you about Leonard's motivation and also that Penny can act and is hot, but just wanted to add that I don't believe the show intends her to be an amazingly talented actress, more just another pretty Hollywood hopeful. In the brief snippet of Streetcar they showed, I didn't see 'Blanche DuBois', I saw 'Penny' reciting Tennessee Williams' lines with the correct inflections and feeling, and that's the difference. Should just add that this is praise of Kaley's talent, I think we saw exactly what she was directed to portray.

It's not really what he says, but how he says it. They may not have the intention of making him sound like a jerk but to me he just comes out like that. I'm saying this is pretty much how I would feel if my husband did that to me. Whether or not she will succeed in her career, part of being a good boyfriend is supporting your girlfriend. He may not believe she's making the right choice, but as long as she feels good about what she wants to with her life he just needs to be there for her, not criticize every single choice she makes. Once again, this is just MY opinion.

Mena showed us this picture of the table yesterday!   Thanks Mena for being a top stalker and finding it. :p

tumblr_inline_n0drisO7JP1r5zf3v.jpg

The table fits so much better than I thought it would.  Thanks for posting Chloe.

Table was needed since the group has grown even though it's still one or two seat/chair short.  

Edited by ArmyGirl
  • Like 2

Still think it will either be gone the next episode, or found a new home/spot.

I don't know, they haven't used that spot on the stage very much, the whole show, it is like dead space.  If you just put a big picture there it would bern just as effective as what they had there, so now with the table they can use that space for the show.  It will allow Penny, Leonard, and Sheldon to sit and eat in the morning and it even gives all three couples a place to have evening meals together.  You can think of it as a new get together place, they can all sit, talk and look at each other, now that they have gotten rid of TCF location.

If you look to the right in that picture, isn't that picture under the lamp new too?

It also makes the apartment look more mature and not occupied by a couple kids, which I know is both good and bad.  It almost looks like they are preparing it for Penny to move in with Leonard and Sheldon, by making it less geeky.

I don't mind the "maturing" of the apartment, and couples dinner/dates etc. Sound a good way to go.

But now we know the SIK is coming, and it comes up again the following episode again, Combined with the rift growing between L & S as room mates (not as friends) I really doubt Penny will move in in 4a.

The table seems to be in a too awkward position for filming. And yes, I'm not too fond of getting rid of nerdy/geeky stuff for a dining table.

If Penny moves in it won't be for long. They won't get rid of her apartment set. They need it every time they have separate girls and boys plots.

• Like 5

The table seems to be in a too awkward position for filming. And yes, I'm not too fond of getting rid of nerdy/geeky stuff for a dining table.

If Penny moves in it won't be for long. They won't get rid of her apartment set. They need it every time they have separate girls and boys plots.

I don't like the table, so I hope it is gone soon. I agree it is in a terrible position for filming as well.

I agree if Penny moves in it won't be for long.  She and Leonard would never, ever have privacy or peace.  It couldn't last long.  While some think it would bring comedy by having her there, it would grow tiresome and weary real quick.  Now at least, she and Leonard can escape back to her place when things get too bad between Sheldon and them.  But if she lives with them and someone else has her apartment, that won't be the case.  I know many say Sheldon can go escape at Amy's, but I don't see that happening.  He is stubborn and feels that is his home.  He would not want to be run out of his own place. 

Like you said, Penny's apartment is instrumental for girls night out plots as well.   And while they could continue with that if Amy moved there, I don't think that is where they want to head with Amy.   I get the feeling they are wanting Sheldon to have his place to himself so that eventually Amy can move in with him.   She would be trading "living alone" for one spot to another if she just moved into Penny's.  She doesn't want to live alone.  She wants to live with him.  If she lived across the hall while the rest lived in 4A, it would only bring it to her attention more that she is "outcast" into her own apartment.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 1