The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bigbangsheldon

S7 Spoilers

I don't know.... Sheldon seemed pretty sure when he was saying that... and Penny and Sheldon seem to get along easily this season...

infact  I think the whole Leonard going to North pole and Sheldon and Penny bonding seemed to be a stepping stone for Penny to move in Leonard and Sheldon

Well they may be headed that way but I really, really hope it is only for an episode or two at most.  I personally have lots of reservations about it:

1)  I personally am way overloaded with too much S/P/L interactions and scenes as it is already this season and this will make things far more of them.  That does not make me happy.  They are funny in small doses, but not when in your face week after week.

2)  I don't see how this is helping Sheldon in any way develop into a man.   They are always acting like his parents and this is where his comfort zone is with them.  

3)  If he stays always in that "childish" state because of being comfortable there with his now pseudo-parents, I think it will stall the Shamy relationship big time, which can't go much slower than it already has.  

4) I don't understand how Lenny are getting any privacy this way.  They are always going to have child-Sheldon around and in the middle of their business so it also does not help their relationship much either.

I think if they go there, it better be super temporary or there will be way too much drama ahead.  I personally hate the idea.

• Like 3

Well they may be headed that way but I really, really hope it is only for an episode or two at most.  I personally have lots of reservations about it:

I think if they go there, it better be super temporary or there will be way too much drama ahead.  I personally hate the idea.

I agree with all your points, but everytime someone brings up Penny moving in with L & S, I think back to this statement from Sheldon.

May I point out that for eight long months, I suffered in silence as your female companion filled our apartment with her off-key country music caterwauling, the unappetizing spectacle of her grinding a pumice stone against her calloused feet in our living room, and night after night of uninformative TV documentaries about the Jersey Shore.

I know this was in the beginning of season 4, and that Sheldon and Penny have gotten closer, or maybe simply learned to tolerate each other to a degree.

but we still have a lot of comments from both (especially Penny) that they are very suitable as friends, but not as roommates.

Same goes for Leonard, to me it seems pretty clear they are dropping hints that he is drifiting away from Sheldon as a roommate.

• Like 1

Ugh why???

the two episodes he was in, his part was only a filler role.

I know in the last one he was in Leonard was about to tell why he remained friends with Sheldon, but never got the chance, only hinted at why.

So not happy about this.

Oh, I love him.  The first episode with him was one of my favorites of s6.  The second, less so, but I'm still looking forward to his return.  If worse comes to worse, it's still just one episode and not everyone is going to love every episode.

Oh, I love him.  The first episode with him was one of my favorites of s6.  The second, less so, but I'm still looking forward to his return.  If worse comes to worse, it's still just one episode and not everyone is going to love every episode.

my "problem" with him is, like Melody said so much better in the Shamy thread, he doesn't bring anything storywise.

There is only so much they can do with a guest character like this.

I would like it if they brought some family members back, like Mary of Beverly (although we have seen her this season).

But now we know we will be getting more of Arthur (I don't think he'll be there as PP) I hope they come up with a good story and reason for him being on.

• Like 1

my "problem" with him is, like Melody said so much better in the Shamy thread, he doesn't bring anything storywise.

There is only so much they can do with a guest character like this.

I would like it if they brought some family members back, like Mary of Beverly (although we have seen her this season).

But now we know we will be getting more of Arthur (I don't think he'll be there as PP) I hope they come up with a good story and reason for him being on.

They said when they first got him that the only way he would agree to be on the show was if they gave him a recurring role with at least three episodes, so this may be the last one.  They may surprise us and have PP add to one of the arcs.  I could see him talking to Penny about his TV career. 

I have so missed Mary Cooper. 

Speaking of Penny's aspirations, that arc will almost certainly be revisited soon.  She has only so long to see if her career is going anywhere before running out of money if it doesn't.  Either they'll show some success soon or it will reach a crisis point and she'll figure something else out.

• Like 1

To be honest I'm not very happy with another professor proton episode either. The ones he's in already is the ones i usually skip over when watching a season. Don't find any joy in them.

And it stresses me out knowing that another "filler episode" is coming up.. we dont have that many episodes left this season and there is soo much else i would like to see, some characters development etc.

And yes, bringing a familymember of just anyone from the show would have been much more interesting imo

Edited by Jaime
  • Like 4

I think Proton is hilarious. Episode 6.22 and 7.07 were one of the funniest episodes of the series, IMO. And there is no such thing as a "FILLER" episode, just because there's no character development. This is still a comedy show, let's not forget that.

I agree, I like Proton a lot. He and Sheldon interacting together can be very funny. As well as his interactions with Penny!

• Like 1

I like PP, I liked his episodes. I liked that in the end he gave his paper to Sheldon (even though he hacked into his e-mail account anyway lol) 

I'm still trying to figure out if they're going to use this table in any way after the TFP episode. I can't see how they're going to fit everybody in that corner. 

I think Proton is hilarious. Episode 6.22 and 7.07 were one of the funniest episodes of the series, IMO. And there is no such thing as a "FILLER" episode, just because there's no character development. This is still a comedy show, let's not forget that.

I agree that these are not filler episodes. After all Bob N got an Emmy award for 6.22. I had kind of high expectations for these episodes and perhaps I did not find them as funny as I expected. My expectations were probably a little unrealistic. Still his appearances are good for TBBT. His endorsements are very good for TBBT. Guests like Bob N and JEJ bring a lot of attention.

• Like 3

And we are back to Co njunction junction for 7.16. The Google side bar list this as the title. And the air date is incorrect as far as the information from before. Nevermind. Maybe well know by Wednesday

Edited by notchinc

If I remember correctly, when Bob Newhart signed on to play Prof Proton, he did so with the stipulation that he would be in a "few" episodes.  He is an iconic comedic talent (your opinion may vary) and I'm sure TBBT is happy to have him on their show...

And we are back to Co njunction junction for 7.16. The Google side bar list this as the title. And the air date is incorrect as far as the information from before. Nevermind. Maybe well know by Wednesday

No it's not back to that. Google is incorrect. Check the ratings thread for dates and titles.

Oh, yes, indeed, you were so heartbroken for the Shamys.  I didn't find anyone expressing much caring or sympathy or whatever.

It's already ancient history.

Whether you believe me or not I was, and as said before I believe it was a stupid prank, and I'm pissed at myself for having been so gullible, But, whatever. If you want to believe me, do, and if you don't , don't , but don't put my word in question. Eventhough I'm a Lenny I wsih good things for the Shamy even if they are not my primary point of interest, and I'm indeed a fan a Mayim because she elevates the character Amy making it good even if sometimes the writing is not the best.

• Like 4

As far as a future Professor Proton episode, I'm a little bit bummed, since I don't like the character too much, or what it brings to the table. I like Bob Newhart, though, just no so much in this role.

• Like 1

We have lift off for the 7.18 taping. The person will remain anonymous for his own protection...or.......her....own protection. 

;)

Do we have anyone going to 7x17?

As far as a future Professor Proton episode, I'm a little bit bummed, since I don't like the character too much, or what it brings to the table. I like Bob Newhart, though, just no so much in this role.

haha. Table... damn it.

• Like 6

Which is being taped a week from tomorrow, yes?

Pass that around, it's in the taping thread.

I really wonder where the rest of the season is going.  I really hope it has a little more direction then it has shown so far.  They have had some very significant things happen this season, Penny quiting TCF, the new table, Penny and Sheldon being more friendly and recently Sheldon talking about them all living together.  I hope these are all going to come togther into something.

I really wonder where the rest of the season is going.  I really hope it has a little more direction then it has shown so far.  They have had some very significant things happen this season, Penny quiting TCF, the new table, Penny and Sheldon being more friendly and recently Sheldon talking about them all living together.  I hope these are all going to come togther into something.

Penny quitting TCF and the SIK are the two big developments in my mind.  Yvette the vet may end up being another one.  (Please, writers, let poor Raj get some action this time.)

I think it's hard for us to see the direction of a season when we're looking so closely at every episode.  We probably won't be able to see it until the season is over and we can put it into perspective.

• Like 3