Oh, it's more than reasonable to expect the pace to pick up a little more now that he's kissed her. ^_^ I think a lot of people, myself including, kinda saw the SIK as a big catalyst in this relationship. Will we get immediate results? No I don't think so. Will they be kissing all the time now? Probably not. I think it would be really lovely if we saw them hold hands again, or a hug, or even if they sat on the couch with their shoulders touching. But I think their system of having big moments every now and then with smaller moments sprinkled in between has worked really well. If they gave us something big every other episode, it would get boring really fast.

Ooh... I so want them kissing all the time, but they won't. I know. So I keep it for my daydreaming :girlglasses:

• Like 1

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, Heres what happened,   Originally, I wasn't planning on going on the tour.. But since Its a weekend, theres no filming and we are dying to know about this set, I thought I would give it a try.

It was a pleasure meeting you, Nog ♥♥♥ Yesterday, was a great day, starting off with the great people Nog and I befriended while waiting in line. Haha. I was very glad they did the tag scene fo

Hey guys, I went to the taping today!!! It was so surreal to see the actors live on stage.... Anyways I intended to do a proper detailed taping report but I lost my pen in the beginning of the taping

Posted Images

I am not arguing about what I specifically want to see or what I would like to see. I am arguing about lines that contradict what we see on screen or viceversa (unless one makes up tons of headcanons, which I'm sure the general audience does not). It has never been claimed that Shamy kiss on the cheek offscreen or anything like that, and they have never done that before on screen, so I do not expect to see any of that because that's not a stage they are at, and maybe not even something that suits them as characters and as a couple. That's for the writers and the future to decide.

But it is being claimed that Sheldon and Amy hug and hold hands. When they really do not. It's simple as that. Other than those four times, all initiated by Amy, we have never seen that on screen, let alone to a degree that would freak Sheldon out because he "has changed" so much, since he has been shown willingly hugging other people plenty, even before Amy. I understand that this is a comedy and the primary purpose is to make people laugh, but I don't think asking for a bit of coherence and consistency is too much. Which does not mean once Shamy hug for the first time (5x08) they have to hug every single episode but, I don't know, at least let him return her hugs, especially after he specifically claims to be working on his issue (6x16?) or don't have ONE WHOLE YEAR in between physical contact (6x16 to 7x15), or don't have him count down so he doesn't hug her when you *do* write a hug scenario in? Or at the very least stop making Amy pine for affection all the time? 

I don't like to cherry pick every episode for things that I want to ignore and things that I want to magnify. 90% of the time the jokes about Shamy from S6 onwards are built around the fact that Amy pines for sex and affection and Sheldon ignores her or rejects her. Or that she's frustrated with him. That's what most of the viewers nowadays are exposed to, and that's what defines their relationship to them. So I'm supposed to ignore 90% of the jokes just because they are together and that's all that matters? A big picture has to be built up on something. I guess I'm just not the type of viewer that gets satisfied with a big moment here and there. Or is happy just because I know my couple is together and end-game. To me, the D&D has already been cheapened because it had no impact on their relationship. I'm not saying I expected a cliffhanger, or for them to suddenly have D&D sex every other episode, or even to ever repeat that experience. But that kind of intimacy between two people is a huge huge deal. They had fantasy sex for cod's sake, the writers said so. They spent god knows how long in that room "nibbling" on each other's 14s, erotically caressing noses and who knows what else. How can it not have affected their relationship at all? How can that never be spoken of, even if it is to point out that Sheldon was overwhelmed or freaked out or whatever they need to do to drag things out? If they make such a big deal of the "possibility" and Sheldon "working on it" they need to back it up with evidence, or it's just empty words.

I'm not asking for huge moments or constant forward movement every single episode, because this is not a romcom and that's also not realistic. But I think if a big moment happens something HAS to change in the dynamic, even if it is to a small degree. As far as the day-to-day stuff, other than Sheldon now proudly showing her off, their relationship hasn't really changed much from S5. More often than not, when some event gets brought up again, is to show us that Sheldon is still stuck where he was 2 years ago. It can't be big moments and then reset to the same damn baseline we've been on for 4 years. The baseline needs to rise a tiny bit every time a big moment happens. Otherwise these "big moments" are just cookies to keep us watching. 

Do I enjoy the cute tiny moments, the little lumps of wool, the Skype calls and the tea dates and Sheldon asking for and listening for her opinion and Amy defending Sheldon against everyone? Of course! I love that. But, to be honest, we got a lot of that ever since S4. It's nothing new, and what's "new" (the whole Amy-is-desperate/Sheldon ignores her dynamic) is not exactly enjoyable or cute or sweet or even interesting. We shall see how they handle the kiss and its aftermath now, but I'm not going to bet a kidney on it just yet. I need to see how 7x16 plays out. 

JMO.

• Like 8

Lots of interesting discussion here guys.

For me personally the issue right now is not with the 7x16 episode, since I'm not going to make an issue of an episode that is still very vague and where small things could make a huge difference, but other things that frustrate me and make me worry about whether I will enjoy the journey.

The main thing is the total contradiction we see in the way they write Shamy, especially Sheldon. For example, I just cannot buy into a story where I am told Sheldon's hugs are special because he doesn't hug people and that he hugs Amy therefore she is special and has changed him, when Sheldon has actually hugged more people on the show than even some of the other characters, has hugged Penny as many time as he hugged Amy, has initiated 4 of the hugs with other people but never with Amy and the one time they write in a moment where Sheldon is so happy he could hug her they have him count down to refrain from doing so. So much for working on it. It feels like there are two stories afoot here, the one I see and the one I get told in lines by the writers.

And this is just one example, but I could write an essay about this type of contradictions that I see happening this season.

As much as I adored the small moments of connection this season, let's face it, they were nothing new. We had tons of those in S4 and 5 and way more memorable. In fact, one of, imo, the newest and better moments this season, 7x05, pissed off a lot of the general audience from the comments and reviews I've read.

The other thing is this tendency to write big moments and then invalidate them (handholding in S5, "I'm working on it") or ignore them like they never happened (D&D). How is it possible to sweep the D&D sex under the rug when it was meant to be such an important moment in their relationship? It's like that never happened. In the season premiere we get references to Lucy, obviously to Lenny's current status, but nothing about the important events of the previous season for Shamy.

Another thing I am starting not to enjoy is how Sheldon and Penny are written. Sheldon is starting to turn into a deliberately selfish and mean person who only rips the benefits of his relationships without giving anything back (both with Leonad and Amy). I find that Sheldon and Leonard are not as sweet and adorable as they used to be, Leonard can hardly stand being around the guy most of the time. And the lazy, alcoholic, promiscuous jokes with Penny have frankly gone out of hand now. Again, lines with no evidence. We have never seen Penny sleep around, yet we have to believe it because we are told so?

The thing about S7 is that it started off with a lot of the cute, fun, fluffy humor of previous seasons, but nothing really new. And now that we are halfway through we got some big moments like Penny quitting her job and the SIK. The question is whether this will actually impact the characters on a day-to-day basis or, like Star said, will just be forgotten until May, where we get another big moment that then, in turn, changes nothing. It's just hard to be invested even in the big moments if you know they never have any impact.

Yes, yes, yes, and more yes!   I totally agree with all of this.  I have not been happy with the Penny/Sheldon relationship, have not liked the Lenny/Sheldon relationship and I have not liked how Leonard/Sheldon have been in these last two seasons, especially this season.   It hasn't been helpful to any of the three main characters and I believe it has brought up more inconsistencies than anything.   That is why I cringe now when I hear that an episode is going to focus with Sheldon/Penny again or Sheldon/Lenny again.  I don't even enjoy them in scenes together anymore.  I used to love them, but this season, coupled with some of last season,  made me loathe them together.  I know that is a strong word, but that is how I feel.  

I miss the Sheldon that didn't understand Penny and Penny didn't understand him and that both really were polar opposites.  Now they are very much alike.  I miss the Sheldon that found Leonard to be like a brother to him that he "loves platonically" and always stood up for when it was a choice of Leonard vs. Penny.   Now they have Sheldon being Penny's best friend and Leonard is more the outcast in the trio.   I hate that.

I also hate that big moments are swept under the table as if they never happened.   I realize Sheldon is not going to change overnight.  No one expects that.  But if the writers are telling us, using Sheldon's own words, that he is in a "physical relationship that includes hand-holding and hugs even on hot days" where are they?  How come we can't see any of them?  How come we see him hug Penny plenty but never Amy?   It makes no sense. I have found it harder and harder to believe the writers words because lately because they have been so inconsistent.

I also find it harder and harder to enjoy big moments because I know that that moment isn't leading anywhere.  It will go right back to no where again.   Sheldon won't be touching Amy, Amy will remain normalized and not the adorable quirky girl we like, and will be "mothering" Sheldon again.  Sheldon will go back to being childish and focusing more on Lenny's business and causing friction between Lenny by injecting himself in their relationship.  

I much preferred the relationship in S4-5 where Sheldon and Amy were equals.   Both were navigating their relationship on equal levels and no one was acting like a parent to the other.   Both were quirky, and looked at everyone else as if they were an experiment.   They understood each other.  Both were geniuses and successful and everyone knew it.  Most of all they knew how to have fun with each other.  They really enjoyed each other.

These past two seasons we have seen them lose quirkiness, Sheldon regress and lose his ability to be successful at anything at work, Amy become normalized and coming across motherly in many ways (even though I don't think she is...but I have seen comments about her scolding Sheldon around), she has often failed to understand him and him her, I can't remember the last time the two of them truly had fun together, and I feel like they are dancing around each other instead of with each other anymore.   While I agree that in many ways there are cute things that show they are super close, like sharing tea moments, etc.,but the jokes and innuendo and everything else they are showing actually to me magnifies a large gap between them.   Many times his mind has been focused on Lenny even in her presence.   It just seems to me that this season in particular (but some of last season as well), they have really shown a distance almost as much as the little things showing a closeness.   

Overall I almost feel a bigger drifting apart than growing together. I feel a stronger growing together with Sheldon and Penny in this last season than anything.   It seems to me that they have made them best friends and he depends more on Penny than anyone.  He seems freer to discuss and give Penny sexual innuendo than he does talking to Amy about them and their relationship.  I feel they started off this season with the whole focus on the Sheldon/Penny relationship and that has been what they have built this season more than the Lenny relationship or the Shamy relationship.  S/P continually is the relationship that gets the most focus and also that they have woven to be super close.  Most of the quotes this season have truly been about how close those two have grown and it is clear that was their focus.   I don't know why that was even important to be frank. 

So the true test will be int the remaining episodes.  Will the kiss be just like D&D and something never talked about or revisited this season or will they actually start to show us that Amy is getting some affection finally?   I just don't care for these big moments twice a year and then everything goes back to normal again only to be ignored until the next big moment.  I find that totally unsatisfying as a viewer.

I am not arguing about what I specifically want to see or what I would like to see. I am arguing about lines that contradict what we see on screen or viceversa (unless one makes up tons of headcanons, which I'm sure the general audience does not). It has never been claimed that Shamy kiss on the cheek offscreen or anything like that, and they have never done that before on screen, so I do not expect to see any of that because that's not a stage they are at, and maybe not even something that suits them as characters and as a couple. That's for the writers and the future to decide.

But it is being claimed that Sheldon and Amy hug and hold hands. When they really do not. It's simple as that. Other than those four times, all initiated by Amy, we have never seen that on screen, let alone to a degree that would freak Sheldon out because he "has changed" so much, since he has been shown willingly hugging other people plenty, even before Amy. I understand that this is a comedy and the primary purpose is to make people laugh, but I don't think asking for a bit of coherence and consistency is too much. Which does not mean once Shamy hug for the first time (5x08) they have to hug every single episode but, I don't know, at least let him return her hugs, especially after he specifically claims to be working on his issue (6x16?) or don't have ONE WHOLE YEAR in between physical contact (6x16 to 7x15), or don't have him count down so he doesn't hug her when you *do* write a hug scenario in? Or at the very least stop making Amy pine for affection all the time? 

I don't like to cherry pick every episode for things that I want to ignore and things that I want to magnify. 90% of the time the jokes about Shamy from S6 onwards are built around the fact that Amy pines for sex and affection and Sheldon ignores her or rejects her. Or that she's frustrated with him. That's what most of the viewers nowadays are exposed to, and that's what defines their relationship to them. So I'm supposed to ignore 90% of the jokes just because they are together and that's all that matters? A big picture has to be built up on something. I guess I'm just not the type of viewer that gets satisfied with a big moment here and there. Or is happy just because I know my couple is together and end-game. To me, the D&D has already been cheapened because it had no impact on their relationship. I'm not saying I expected a cliffhanger, or for them to suddenly have D&D sex every other episode, or even to ever repeat that experience. But that kind of intimacy between two people is a huge huge deal. They had fantasy sex for cod's sake, the writers said so. They spent god knows how long in that room "nibbling" on each other's 14s, erotically caressing noses and who knows what else. How can it not have affected their relationship at all? How can that never be spoken of, even if it is to point out that Sheldon was overwhelmed or freaked out or whatever they need to do to drag things out? If they make such a big deal of the "possibility" and Sheldon "working on it" they need to back it up with evidence, or it's just empty words.

I'm not asking for huge moments or constant forward movement every single episode, because this is not a romcom and that's also not realistic. But I think if a big moment happens something HAS to change in the dynamic, even if it is to a small degree. As far as the day-to-day stuff, other than Sheldon now proudly showing her off, their relationship hasn't really changed much from S5. More often than not, when some event gets brought up again, is to show us that Sheldon is still stuck where he was 2 years ago. It can't be big moments and then reset to the same damn baseline we've been on for 4 years. The baseline needs to rise a tiny bit every time a big moment happens. Otherwise these "big moments" are just cookies to keep us watching. 

Do I enjoy the cute tiny moments, the little lumps of wool, the Skype calls and the tea dates and Sheldon asking for and listening for her opinion and Amy defending Sheldon against everyone? Of course! I love that. But, to be honest, we got a lot of that ever since S4. It's nothing new, and what's "new" (the whole Amy-is-desperate/Sheldon ignores her dynamic) is not exactly enjoyable or cute or sweet or even interesting. We shall see how they handle the kiss and its aftermath now, but I'm not going to bet a kidney on it just yet. I need to see how 7x16 plays out.

Also this!!!!  YES to ALL!

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 2

We shall see how they handle the kiss and its aftermath now, but I'm not going to bet a kidney on it just yet. I need to see how 7x16 plays out. 

This is the best thing we can all do atm.

• Like 2

I never thought that it would be any sort of outcome from the D & D coitus. It wasn't a cliffhanger. Leonard going away was the cliffhanger. And penny and Leonard saying they love eachother was sort of their final, as D & D was Shamy's final. I've kind of always looked at these two events like it was the writers gifts to both of the ships of these couples. They're giving us something as a sort of thank you for kept watching all season, and to ofcourse get us to watch the next season.

By giving both of the couples a sweet last moment of the season, just to let us know that they will still be together when they come back. And to give us something sweet to think about during the wait. That's how I always seen it. Like a gift.

I don't mind either that there was no follow-up to the Dungeons and Dragons scene. The kiss is the follow up for me, because if you think about it if Sheldon hadn't been intimate with Amy, it would have been kind of odd for him to kiss her after no relationship development in a whole year. Though the characters don't mention it, it doesn't mean it didn't happen. And and it's still a possibility that Amy might ask Sheldon "Where's the relationship going?" and he could mention all the sweet moments they had together (the kiss, the d and d, ect...).
  • Like 1

Yep, exactly this. When Shamy do have a big moment that surprises them it's annoying we get no follow-up or we end up getting scenes that contradict the previous canon. Once you establish say in the S05 finale that Sheldon held Amy's hand of his own accord, then a cruel line like "bear-paw" in 6x18 ends up demeaning that moment as we all assumed that after the handhold Sheldon will get more physically comfortable with Amy, not that he would regress backwards to his earlier self who hated handholding.

I just want the same for the kiss but my expectations are low as all the big moments TPTB puts out between Shamy are either ignored or contradicted in the next few episodes. How can their dynamic stay exactly the same throughout 4 years? I do think that one reason we all look forward to these milestones because we think it will push the status quo and make Sheldon more comfortable with being physically affectionate with Amy. But instead the writers want to hammer home a "paradox" plot every episode so we get a Sheldon who doesn't want to get physical at all (despite having D&D sex) versus Amy who is thinking of marriage and moving in. Now I don't want or think that Sheldon will change 180 degrees, but surely that's as unrealistic as Sheldon not changing at all.

Edited by menamena
  • Like 5

Yep, exactly this. When Shamy do have a big moment that surprises them it's annoying we get no follow-up or we end up getting scenes that contradict the previous canon. Once you establish say in the S05 finale that Sheldon held Amy's hand of his own accord, then a cruel line like "bear-paw" in 6x18 ends up demeaning that moment as we all assumed that after the handhold Sheldon will get more physically comfortable with Amy, not that he would regress backwards to his earlier self who hated handholding.

I just want the same for the kiss but my expectations are low as all the big moments TPTB puts out between Shamy are either ignored or contradicted in the next few episodes. How can their dynamic stay exactly the same throughout 4 years? I do think that one reason we all look forward to these milestones because we think it will push the status quo and make Sheldon more comfortable with being physically affectionate with Amy. But instead the writers want to hammer home a "paradox" plot every episode so we get a Sheldon who doesn't want to get physical at all (despite having D&D sex) versus Amy who is thinking of marriage and moving in. Now I don't want or think that Sheldon will change 180 degrees, but surely that's as unrealistic as Sheldon not changing at all.

Agree, although this highlighted line is partially true.  Sheldon has done pretty much a 180 degree on Penny.  Just food for thought.   So it is Amy he loves or Penny more?   Lately I really do wonder.  

I don't see Sheldon becomes closer friends with Penny as a "problem" , or that it's strange that he is now becoming closer to her.

I like to think it's because he is starting to realize the importance of Amy in his life, but not sure how to continue with that new, uncharted part of the relationship.

Penny is someone who has much more experience in that area, as she told him when they went to pick up Amy for their first date.

They've had some serious talks this season, who knows what they talked about offscreen.

I know it's stretching, but I just don't think it's all that bad as some of you try to point out.

And the question about who he loves more? come on.

Yes he loves both, but in completely different ways.

• Like 4

Wooah some big analyzing in this thread today. My head is all messed up now.

But if we're gonna start analyzing wheather Sheldon loves Amy or Penny the most I think i'll just slowly crawl back out...

Edited by Jaime
  • Like 1

Aah, star, I'm not really insecure about Sheldon/Penny. Infact I don't even mind a scenario where Penny moves in with Sheldon/Leonard temporarily (I'm saying temporary because that living situation will definitely end up driving one of them crazy). I guess I just want actual and not just verbal acknowledgement of Amy's importance to Sheldon. Like for example, 5x18 where the bongos lead him to Amy and he ends up getting peaceful sleep at her house was a really good way of showing us how Sheldon has changed with his relationship - Amy is definitely in the mix.

But in S06 we have him almost disregarding Amy in certain eps, and season 7 while much much better has this weird vacuum when S/P/L hang out as if Amy doesn't factor in, I mean look at 7x13 where Sheldon's not even thinking of Amy but anticipating living with Lenny as a child. I guess even that I can ignore as Sheldon wanting homeostasis, it just gets really annoying when the show talks about how Sheldon has gotten so much more physically affectionate with Amy with handholding and hugs and there is no evidence for that on screen --- infact I would say the evidence we do get contradicts that line because we see that when Sheldon wants to hug Amy he uses kohlinar to curb his desires.

Edited by menamena
  • Like 2

Why do we keep coming back around to who Sheldon loves more--Penny or Amy, Penny or Leonard?  Relationships are different and love doesn't follow a hierarchy.  It can't be quantified that way.

And I'm a college math professor who likes to quantify things.

Edited by tmp
  • Like 5

I just want to ask something about the off-screen hand holding/hugging. We have seen them holding hands a few times. We've seen them hug a few times, too. Couldn't it be that Penny (in 7x16) is referring to those times we've seen them and not even suggesting they've been doing this off-screen? In Workplace Proximity, Sheldon tells her colleagues about hugs and hand holding, but couldn't he also have been talking about those few times on-screen? Or maybe he could lying to them? There's just a lot of discussion about off-screen affection, and I don't think them being affectionate off-screen is necessarily a given. Correct me if I'm wrong and missed something.

• Like 3

Ah ,thank you, I was starting getting depressed with all those " we don't get enough" stuff.

I don't need them to show more physical affection than they actually do. We see it once or twice, then we know that it happens from time to time, and that's it. You know they are different, why do you expect them to behave like a normal couple? That doesn't make sense to me.

• Like 1

I just want to ask something about the off-screen hand holding/hugging. We have seen them holding hands a few times. We've seen them hug a few times, too. Couldn't it be that Penny (in 7x16) is referring to those times we've seen them and not even suggesting they've been doing this off-screen? In Workplace Proximity, Sheldon tells her colleagues about hugs and hand holding, but couldn't he also have been talking about those few times on-screen? Or maybe he could lying to them? There's just a lot of discussion about off-screen affection, and I don't think them being affectionate off-screen is necessarily a given. Correct me if I'm wrong and missed something.

This is what I also has been thinking. Before getting in to this forum.. I watched that workplace episode and just assumed that when he talked about hugging and handholding he meant those that we had seen. I didn't question it. And also.. people say that only Amy initiated all of these things but in the Kripke-episode i've always kind of thought both of them initiated the hug. Yes Amy suggested it, but imo that's what Sheldon wanted.. he did sort of ask for it.

Maybe what Maddie and I thought about when we saw the workplace episode (that the hugging and handholding were referces to what had been shown onscreen) was what the writers assumed people would think. Its worth considering.. we need to remember that the shows average-viewer don't analyze it the way we do here. And its for those averages the show is mainly written for. Even though I agree that the writers do have to think stuff through and consider what messages they're sending out from time to time

Edited by Jaime
  • Like 2

I wrote something like that on Shamy-thread, so I do believe they didn't have any of the told affection off-screen. Otherwise, why had Amy fear to touch Sheldon in 7x11 ^^

IMO

Edited by Frieda Rainstorm
  • Like 2

Agree, although this highlighted line is partially true.  Sheldon has done pretty much a 180 degree on Penny.  Just food for thought.   So it is Amy he loves or Penny more?   Lately I really do wonder.  

thanks for making my day

I am still not sure he loves Amy.  He loves her as a friend still and Penny as a friend.  He may like Amy as a girfriend, but there is no evidence he is in love with her yet to me.  They have only shared friendship this season.   Back in S4-5 I felt more of his falling for her than I have felt in S6-7.   I have felt him feeling more friendship with her and compansionship but not really romantic love.   I think that is the fundamental issue here.  He has finally wrapped his mind around that he has a girlfriend and all, but we see no evidence that he means it in terms of romance.  

Maddie, Sheldon's words were that he and Amy were in a "physical relationship now that included hand-holding and hugs even on hot days".  I guess those could have all been what we have seen, but would you really call those romance?   She held his hand twice in S6 and then he said holding hands was like being pawed by a bear and he as not a fan of it.   Then the hugs have all been primarily consoling hugs initiated by Amy when Sheldon was unhappy or as a thank you to him.  Again, he said it was like having a boa constrictor and then he told her she was ruining V-day by continuing the hug.  Again, that isn't what he was basically describing to those in the cafeteria.   Yes, this all may be another example of the inconsistency in the writing here.   Maybe he was referring to those or maybe there were actually returned, romantic hugs going on.  We just don't know if what we saw is what he mentioned or we are missing out on seeing them.   Either way it is rather dismal state of saying that it is a physical relationship when it really has nothing to do with romance.

I agree that I do think Sheldon sees Amy more in terms of "girlfriend" and Penny more in terms of "sibling", but they do tend to blend the lines to where it is getting harder to tell because there is little he has given Amy to prove to us he is having romantic feelings for her.  We know he likes her and she means a lot to him, but one could argue the same for Penny.  She means a lot to him too and he likes her.  I think therein lies the problem.  We need more evidence that Amy is different and she is more than a friend and that she is someone he is having romantic feelings toward and that he does desire her.   Until they are willing to show that and give us more evidence of that, it is hard to think of them really as in a romantic relationship.  Right now they are just really, really good friends on screen.  

Maybe we just disagree there.

And thats ok.

I think for example Sheldon telling Leonard he is having inappropriated feelings for Amy in the end of s5 was a great sign of that he has romantic feelings for, compared to his feelings for Penny.

Same as in 7.05 where he tells her he likes her, quirks and all.

• Like 4

This sure is a lot of negativity for a show we all claim to love.

I don't know who's posts you refere to, but if they are Star's and Koop's posts, let me respectfully say I think you are wrong. I am respoding to your post because I happen to think exactly as they do. To critisize is not to be negative if the critisism is justified and examples are given as is the case with their posts. The fact that we all love TBBT doesn't mean that the love has to be unconditional, or that we should not try to be somewhat objective.

• Like 4

Maybe we just disagree there.

And thats ok.

I think for example Sheldon telling Leonard he is having inappropriated feelings for Amy in the end of s5 was a great sign of that he has romantic feelings for, compared to his feelings for Penny.

Same as in 7.05 where he tells her he likes her, quirks and all.

If you will notice, I said that he showed more signs of having romantic feelings for her in S4 and 5 so I agree with the bold here.   Telling her he likes her quirks and all is fine.  I like a lot of  people quirks and all.   The point is it was sweet, but it wasn't necessarily a romantic declaration either.   It was a step in the right direction, but by no means did it prove he is in love with her or has romantic feelings for her.   It was more that he was bothered by her being upset than anything and he really wasn't sure what had made her upset.  

I don't want to belittle good things that have happened such as that moment in 7.05, but my point is that we really need more than they are giving us to truly believe he is in this relationship as much as Amy is.  To show that he too has feelings of love for her and that he can give her what she will want ultimately (which is a true romantic relationship).   So far we haven't seen that proven.   Baby steps are fine as long as they are consistent.   But hand hold one minute and then say it feels like a bear pawing at you isn't exactly reassuring.   I know those are "for laughs" but it fails to be funny when the relationship is always the punt of the joke. 

I think there have been good things, but none of them prove much, especially when they are never heard of or referenced again.   I remember all of us gushing about the D&D game last year and we were convinced it was a step forward.  But then it wash brushed under the table as if it never happened.   I would hate to see that with the kiss, but the writers have proven they do have the ability to do that.  I hope they don't.  I want to enjoy it and feel like it is a "breakthrough" point for Sheldon and that from thereon forward we will start to see more signs of his romantic feelings for Amy.   We will just have to wait and see where they take us the rest of the season, but I am not sitting here in dreamland thinking it will be great, because I have been disappointed too many times in what I think is a giant step forward only to have it ignored and cheapened or invalidated later.  Let's pray this time they surprise me and actually to let this be a breakthrough.