• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, Heres what happened,   Originally, I wasn't planning on going on the tour.. But since Its a weekend, theres no filming and we are dying to know about this set, I thought I would give it a try.

It was a pleasure meeting you, Nog ♥♥♥ Yesterday, was a great day, starting off with the great people Nog and I befriended while waiting in line. Haha. I was very glad they did the tag scene fo

Hey guys, I went to the taping today!!! It was so surreal to see the actors live on stage.... Anyways I intended to do a proper detailed taping report but I lost my pen in the beginning of the taping

Posted Images

I would agree with you. We saw a lot of Amy enjoying herself with Sheldon in S04 with the herb garden germination and the agreement dissection as well in S05 with that tiara episode and fun with flags. We do not get to see that much these days and that's because the writers continuously choose to highlight the "paradox" in their relationship instead of their compatibility. I really hope we get some more fun mad-caper episodes for Shamy this season but I have to say given the trend of 7x16 I'm starting to lose hope.

I would agree saw a lot of Amy enjoying herself with Sheldon in S04 with the herb garden germination and the agreement dissection as well in S05 with that tiara episode and fun with flags. We do not get to see that much these days and that's because the writers continuously choose to highlight the "paradox" in their relationship instead of their compatibility. I really hope we get some more fun mad-caper episodes for Shamy this season but I have to say given the trend of 7x16 I'm starting to lose hope.

I loved them conspiring and creating mischief together. More please!

• Like 3

And also if you remember The Cooper Extraction you see how Amy would be if it wasn't for Sheldon (and the gang of course)

The cooper extraction is also a perfect example on how happy sheldon makes Amy. I mean the reaction when she sees that he made her his screensaver. That's close to Tiara-happy imo. And the smile on her face when they are walking up the stairs is just something you can't put a price on. That's love.

• Like 3

I loved them conspiring and creating mischief together. More please!

Right? To me, THAT intellectual compatibility is the foundation of the Shamy relationship, not the "paradox". The "paradox" or whatever to me is incidental to their awesome compatibility. So it saddens me that the writers choose to entirely focus on the conflicts without much emphasis on that foundation. There should be some balance atleast, though I think this season is the on the whole way more balanced shamy-wise than last season.

Edited by menamena
  • Like 5

I would agree with you. We saw a lot of Amy enjoying herself with Sheldon in S04 with the herb garden germination and the agreement dissection as well in S05 with that tiara episode and fun with flags. We do not get to see that much these days and that's because the writers continuously choose to highlight the "paradox" in their relationship instead of their compatibility. I really hope we get some more fun mad-caper episodes for Shamy this season but I have to say given the trend of 7x16 I'm starting to lose hope.

and...

Right? To me, THAT intellectual compatibility is the foundation of the Shamy relationship, not the "paradox". The "paradox" or whatever to me is incidental to their awesome compatibility. So it saddens me that the writers choose to entirely focus on the conflicts without much emphasis on that foundation. There should be some balance atleast, though I think this season is the on the whole way more balanced shamy-wise than last season.

Yes...agree here!

Edited by stardustmelody

youpickedme.gif

OMG I never realized how choked up she gets right here!! Her FACE. OMG. I literally just teared up. She's so touched. And her hand is shaking. AHJJJJJJAahfhhfdshasa

tumblr_lrspquaXHj1qafrh6.gif

tumblr_m1d40jj72r1r5mu8r.gif

tumblr_m1d450uO5B1r5mu8r.gif

tumblr_m1d47m5OO71r5mu8r.gif

Edited by Maddie21
  • Like 5

youpickedme.gif

I loved this moment but even that scene though is Amy happy because of what Sheldon gave her, but in S04/S05 she was excited to be around Sheldon simply because of who Sheldon is, because she enjoys spending time with him and playing counterfactuals and fun with flags and experimenting on other people. That's what I think Ibid means when she talks about Amy getting excited. We hardly see Shamy bond over their common interests like we did before and out of all the couples, they do have the most in common so I don't think it's an unreasonable observation.

• Like 2

OMG I never realized how choked up she gets right here!! Her FACE. OMG. I literally just teared up. She's so touched. And her hand is shaking.

You're right her hand is shaking just look at the paper why haven't I noticed that??!! Awww such a sweetheart!! And wonderful Mayim acting all the way to her fingertips, thats how you do it! Edited by Jaime
  • Like 2

I loved this moment but even that scene though is Amy happy because of what Sheldon gave her, but in S04/S05 she was excited to be around Sheldon simply because of who Sheldon is, because she enjoys spending time with him and playing counterfactuals and fun with flags and experimenting on other people. That's what I think Ibid means when she talks about Amy getting excited. We hardly see Shamy bond over their common interests like we did before and out of all the couples, they do have the most in common so I don't think it's an unreasonable observation.

Agree...while the scene was sweet and Mayim nailed it for Amy, there still is a difference of that excitement that you are just going to be able to see the guy you love just to be with him thing than because he did something nice.   I loved the gooey-eyed eye-coitus that happened all the time in S4-5. It is rare now and I do see where ibid is coming from.   Her relationship with Sheldon has become more exhausting because it is a constant give and or "correct" kind of relationship.   I would love to see them just do something fun for them again, like go to the zoo and be all gooey-eyed for each other, holding hands looking at cute animals.  Or anything, but just be laughing and having fun together again.   Emotional touching scenes are  great too, which is what this scene is...but at some just pure fun moments as well of them being quirky again.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 1

And about Shamy doing experiments and stuff together. They did still do fun with flags in s6. And when Amy helped Sheldon with his closure addiction.. I kind of thought of that as an experiment. Aswell as the D & D coitus.

@kazzie you're sig just kills me!!! I keep thinking of it!!!!! SO GOD DAMN FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!

11112021182b70384a3b67c03c.gif

And guys I think everybody has a point. Some things can be seen from various prespectives. I happen to enjoy the forum when we are insanely crazy cause of the SIK or really discuss anything we believe should be discussed. And I just found a gif that is not the best for the situation but I really wanted to use it so

tumblr_m8qjm5QHFI1qj74sxo1_500.gif

• Like 4

"That's what I think Ibid means when she talks about Amy getting excited. We hardly see Shamy bond over their common interests like we did before and out of all the couples, they do have the most in common so I don't think it's an unreasonable observation."

"It is rare now and I do see where ibid is coming from.   Her relationship with Sheldon has become more exhausting because it is a constant give and or "correct" kind of relationship.   I would love to see them just do something fun for them again..."

Thank you both for clarifying what I was trying to say.

And he knows exactly what to do to make her happy

Tickle her? Might be interesting!

• Like 5

"That's what I think Ibid means when she talks about Amy getting excited. We hardly see Shamy bond over their common interests like we did before and out of all the couples, they do have the most in common so I don't think it's an unreasonable observation."

"It is rare now and I do see where ibid is coming from.   Her relationship with Sheldon has become more exhausting because it is a constant give and or "correct" kind of relationship.   I would love to see them just do something fun for them again..."

Thank you both for clarifying what I was trying to say.

Tickle her? Might be interesting!

Can you imagine?

Plz can we haz this? plz?

Edited by kazzie
  • Like 2

And guys I think everybody has a point. Some things can be seen from various prespectives. I happen to enjoy the forum when we are insanely crazy cause of the SIK or really discuss anything we believe should be discussed. And I just found a gif that is not the best for the situation but I really wanted to use it so

Exactly, just because I'm critical about Shamy does not mean I'm overanalyzing or trying to spoil people's moods. I'm just honestly stating my POV for this storyline. It's not like I'm some negative nancy who just bashes the show. I praise the show to high-heavens when I like the storyline so conversely why can't I criticize it when I dislike something!?!

• Like 6

I think what has happend between season 5 and season 6 is that Shamy has gone from playmates to partners. And I think the writers are really trying to prove that. Just compare the two fun with flags episodes. The one in season 5 was all about the flags and how they were gonna portray the show. The fun with flag episode in s6 ended up being about wheather Sheldon should stand up for Amy or not, which he ended up doing. It was about them this time, moving forward in their relationship and how they deal with obstacles like this. Which I think are really important to see from time to time. Even though the amy and sheldon all fun time is great aswell.. there is just not room enough to have both of this since as you know, there are other characters on the show aswell. So they have simply cut back on some of those moments for shamy to simply make room for some relationship obstacles.

But there still is those sweet Shamy just being shamy moments. Just not as much as before. And im fine with that. I like to see how they work on their relationship, cause as someone already stated, realtionships are exhausting and demands work. I wouldn't want them to beautyfy that with all smooth sailing and all happy time

Edited by Jaime

It's not too much to ask, Koops. <3 I just give the writers credit because they're walking a fine line with Shamy. I just learn to roll with the punches.

There's a lot of contradiction that goes on. Sheldon being germaphobic is a fine example. I guess the Shamy contradictions don't bother me, but I can't blame you if it bothers you.

My mantra is that the SIK is gonna be a huge breakthrough. It's gonna make the gears start turning. I know I've used that saying many times before, but that's what I believe. Anyway, we don't know what's gonna happen after the SIK, from 7x17 onwards (and not even really 7x16). But I have faith in the writers. It's not gonna always be great or even make sense, but in the end, I think we'll all be happy with the way the Shamy ends up, and with their journey.

Ya know, this is the thread to point out errors or things you dislike about a particular ship.   If all you want is good stuff,you should go to that particular ship's thread.  That's supposed to be for celebration of  a particular couple.  Here or in Shipping wars is the place to point out negative things or things you don't like.  So those who are pointing out things they don't like are in the right place.  

• Like 6

All I'm saying is that if you want to make a point about a development, you can't have such contradictions. Scenes on screen need to match the lines. Sheldon should refrain from hugging other characters if they want to make the point that he hugs Amy and therefore it's special and he's changed. Not the other way around.

As usual, ITA with you. This part reminds me of the Speckerman Recurrence after Penny gives Sheldon a gift:

Penny: Ooh, am I about to get a rare Sheldon Cooper hug?

Sheldon: Not this time. Then they wouldn’t be special. Thanks Penny.

When earlier in S05, he easily accepted Amy's hugs and even cuddled her when she was sad. Again I thought that scene did a great job to underline how important Amy is to Sheldon. Right now, though, the show is pretty inconsistent with what they tell us and what they show. We get told Amy is important to Sheldon then why don't they show that the way they did in S05 on a consistent basis?

Edited by menamena
  • Like 4

"And I totally agree with Ibid about wanting to see the two have a blast together again like they used to. Grown-up, mature relationships and fun playmates and best friends are not mutually exclusive things."

Thanks koops! And being playmates only add to the excitement ;-)

• Like 5

I think seeing them have fun together is crucial for me because their relationship is first and foremost a relationship of the mind. It would placate me a lot more on the physical inconsistency too, if I saw that even though Amy might not yet get the amount of affection she craves and deserves, she gets the intellectual camaraderie and fun. That's showcased too little in the past two years.

• Like 7

I agree. In case I caused some confusion, I did not in any way try to compare the two relationships in terms of who has what feelings for whom or anything like that. I love Sheldon and Penny as friends a lot. A lot, a lot. I'm just looking at the writing and the points the writers are trying to make. All I'm saying is that the writers are trying to make a point about how much Sheldon has changed because of Amy. They gave a line to Penny about "You've changed: you hold hands, hugs, and even kissed her". Those three things are brought up as an example that Sheldon has changed. I took the hugging example in particular because it is the most contradictory. TPTB tell us that Sheldon does not hug people but he has been hugging Amy, therefore Sheldon has changed. But that's not true. Sheldon HAS hugged people before. In fact, we have never seen him initiate a hug with Amy but we have seen him initiate four with other characters. That is contradiction.

They also had Sheldon say he's working on his issues with, amongst other things, hugging, so he can give Amy the physical relationship she craves. But they have never shown him "work on it" when given the opportunity to. Not only that, we have seen him do the exact opposite: refrain from hugging her. Another contradiction.

All I'm saying is that if you want to make a point about a development, you can't have such contradictions. Scenes on screen need to match the lines. Sheldon should refrain from hugging other characters if they want to make the point that he hugs Amy and therefore it's special and he's changed. Not the other way around. 

How can Penny know about those hugs since 3 of them she was not present for? Sheldon tells Amy's colleagues about these hugs with Amy standing right there, he cannot be lying. And he mentions "even on hot days" like it's a regular occurrence. That not only they hug on regular days, but also on hot ones. Same with the handholding, and the way it's brought up in 6x19. That's why I always took those lines to hint at off-screen stuff. I'm not saying they hug every day or anything like that, of course, but that it has happened more than the 4 times we saw on the show.

I don't know how I feel about these lines if the writers are simply referring to the times we saw them touch on screen for two reasons. 1) That's hardly progress, when the last time they touched was over a year ago and 2) they constantly make the point of Amy wanting affection. For someone that starved of affection, 4 hugs in 4 years is probably very very little. She bends over backwards to make Sheldon happy, I'd like to think she gets more than what we see. 

Can I ask when did I or anyone else ever state we want Shamy to be constantly wrapped around each other or have them "behave like a normal couple? I never said that. Is seeing it more than once a year, especially when the relationship is meant to be progressing and they constantly make jokes about one of the parties being desperate for affection, really that much to ask? 

I would have been totally fine with Shamy being a completely, 100% asexual and non-physically-affectionate relationship. The writers decided to change that and make one of the two affection-starved. I just want to see that Amy is getting her share of needs fulfilled in the relationship, just like she bends over backwards to meet Sheldon in the middle and be patient with him. And I want to see that Sheldon wants to make her happy, that's all. Since they have had Sheldon state on screen that he is "working on it" I would like to see the results on screen. I do 100% agree with Mayim's recent quote that you have to learn to accept the way the other person wants to love you, rather than the way you want them to love you. But that has to be mutual.

And I totally agree with Ibid about wanting to see the two have a blast together again like they used to. Grown-up, mature relationships and fun/being playmates and best friends are not mutually exclusive things.

Oh, and YAY SIK IN 2 DAYS! WOOT WOOT. 

---

I think seeing them have fun together is crucial for me because their relationship is first and foremost a relationship of the mind. It would placate me a lot more on the physical inconsistency too, if I saw that even though Amy might not yet get the amount of affection she craves and deserves, she gets the intellectual camaraderie and fun. That's showcased too little in the past two years.

Yes, yes, and more yes!   Agree with all of this!  I think Sheldon himself would find that he actually would be happier if he was trying to make Amy happy as well.   When you give of yourself, and the other person is giving back and responding positively, it is so much greater than being selfish. You find it is far more satisfying.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 1