• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, Heres what happened,   Originally, I wasn't planning on going on the tour.. But since Its a weekend, theres no filming and we are dying to know about this set, I thought I would give it a try.

It was a pleasure meeting you, Nog ♥♥♥ Yesterday, was a great day, starting off with the great people Nog and I befriended while waiting in line. Haha. I was very glad they did the tag scene fo

Hey guys, I went to the taping today!!! It was so surreal to see the actors live on stage.... Anyways I intended to do a proper detailed taping report but I lost my pen in the beginning of the taping

Posted Images

Can someone come and get me when all the Shamy-ness dies down here? On second thought, that'll probably be some time around half past never, so... :biggrin:

When the Shamy-ness dies down from the SIK, we'll be finding out about the next big moment. lol

Edited by MariaAlbina723
  • Like 7

I just have an observation. I have only seen Amy joyous twice. When she was with Howard during the scavenger hunt and at the lunch table at Cal Tech with her colleagues. I know she was excited about the tiara, but I just see no joy in her when she's with Sheldon. She seems exhausted more than joyful.

Discuss. I look forward to your replies.

There are lots of different kinds of excitement, and a lot of good examples have been posted already.

I loved her excitement when she invited herself to live with Sheldon in 6x15 (before Sheldon told her she couldn't live there).

Her smile was just so sweet and bursting with excitement.

THE-BIG-BANG-THEORY-Season-6-Episode-15-

I think seeing them have fun together is crucial for me because their relationship is first and foremost a relationship of the mind. It would placate me a lot more on the physical inconsistency too, if I saw that even though Amy might not yet get the amount of affection she craves and deserves, she gets the intellectual camaraderie and fun. That's showcased too little in the past two years.

This is the way it goes on TBBT.

In the fall of S7 one could have missed one episode and not know that Penny was taking a physiology course. When a person is taking a course it becomes a preoccupation for a few months. There was no "i'm off to class" or "My final is coming up in two weeks". Much less "I can't do that tonight because I have got to read another two chapters".

It seems we are expected to assume stuff is going on that we don't see. They only show it when it is funny.

• Like 3

There are lots of different kinds of excitement, and a lot of good examples have been posted already.

I loved her excitement when she invited herself to live with Sheldon in 6x15 (before Sheldon told her she couldn't live there).

Her smile was just so sweet and bursting with excitement.

THE-BIG-BANG-THEORY-Season-6-Episode-15-

She looks sweet there. And then right after, her "WTH Sheldon!" line was great. Mayim nails even the most seemingly mundane lines with her delivery and nonverbal communication.

• Like 4

In the fall of S7 one could have missed one episode and not know that Penny was taking a physiology course. When a person is taking a course it becomes a preoccupation for a few months. There was no "i'm off to class" or "My final is coming up in two weeks". Much less "I can't do that tonight because I have got to read another two chapters".

It seems we are expected to assume stuff is going on that we don't see. They only show it when it is funny.

I work full time and study and I can tell you I have no weekends sometimes, so yes it would be good if they showed some of this more realistically.

Are they taping tonight?  

Sheldon and Penny never had a relationship, it was always vicarousley through Leonard, similar to Sheldons relationship with Howard. Ive actually seen the oppssite, I thin this season is showing the very little thley hav le in common. Even when they did yoga, I kmmean I kno the have had great comedic moments in the past, like season four thsy went running. But this arch has done, if they are not sure why they are ging to such eloborate efforts to proove it. I do agree compared to their romantic relationships, they have put more effort into Sheldon and Pennys friendship. I guess its best to remember this is not a romcom, si while progressing the relationships at this point of the series is very important, having small to semi archs 22 mins a week, they can only do so much, so its meticlous. Lack of continuty has been apparent since S4. Sheldon does seemed dumbed down, to the point he can almost relate to Penn, when the whole purpose is they are polar oppossites, I get they are closer now due to knowing each other for seven years, but still. And why are we dredging Shenny up again, that ship sailed five years ago, well actually aftee Leonard said "our babies well be smart and beautiful". No guy had a shot after that.

Edited by 3ku11

She looks sweet there. And then right after, her "WTH Sheldon!" line was great. Mayim nails even the most seemingly mundane lines with her delivery and nonverbal communication.

Yes!!!The episode in general is quite funny and I like it but with the way Mayim deliveres every line I just love it!!!!!!

Edited by Cecilia
  • Like 2

Yes!!!The episode in general is quite funny and I like it but with the way Mayim deliveres every line I just love it!!!!!!

It's my favorite episode and scene, because one moment she is so smitten by him, and then completely flips on him.

She really should have gotten an Emmy for that scene (or get one if it's still possible for nomination).

• Like 3

While I have always maintained kaley is very underrated and deserves emmy recognition, mayaim imo is the best comedic actress on tv.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 9

Oh I don't disagree. I didn't mean I want that every episode. I meant that instead of having them bicker even in the episodes where they are doing random crap, like the pranks one or the humor one, they could have them have fun together for once. That would be a funny plot.

I was really happy with them bringing up Penny and her class again this season btw. I hope that's going to come into play now that she's jobless. Although I wonder if we are meant to assume she's dropped that too to focus on acting.

• Like 1

Also you can be happy without showing it visually

My main issue is I am tired of the writing style for Shamy the majority of the time that really is just full of empty words with no action behind them. A few times with them just talking about a behind the moments scene, sure. That's all fine and good. But what I am not okay with is for Sheldon to say lines that say they hug, even on hot days and then a few episodes later we see that Amy cannot even bring herself to rest her hand fully on his shoulder when they are walking up the stairs. That just simply does not make sense to me.

Edited by AndyRenee
  • Like 6

Oh I don't disagree. I didn't mean I want that every episode. I meant that instead of having them bicker even in the episodes where they are doing random crap, like the pranks one or the humor one, they could have them have fun together for once. That would be a funny plot.

I was really happy with them bringing up Penny and her class again this season btw. I hope that's going to come into play now that she's jobless. Although I wonder if we are meant to assume she's dropped that too to focus on acting.

I think the fact that the writers force the fans to fill in the blanks so much is part of the reason there are so many completely different interpretations of what is going on on this site. ?When it seems like someone has been watching a different program perhaps it is because we are all filling in blanks in different ways.

• Like 6

I agree. In case I caused some confusion, I did not in any way try to compare the two relationships in terms of who has what feelings for whom or anything like that. I love Sheldon and Penny as friends a lot. A lot, a lot. I'm just looking at the writing and the points the writers are trying to make. All I'm saying is that the writers are trying to make a point about how much Sheldon has changed because of Amy. They gave a line to Penny about "You've changed: you hold hands, hugs, and even kissed her". Those three things are brought up as an example that Sheldon has changed. I took the hugging example in particular because it is the most contradictory. TPTB tell us that Sheldon does not hug people but he has been hugging Amy, therefore Sheldon has changed. But that's not true. Sheldon HAS hugged people before. In fact, we have never seen him initiate a hug with Amy but we have seen him initiate four with other characters. That is contradiction.

They also had Sheldon say he's working on his issues with, amongst other things, hugging, so he can give Amy the physical relationship she craves. But they have never shown him "work on it" when given the opportunity to. Not only that, we have seen him do the exact opposite: refrain from hugging her. Another contradiction.

All I'm saying is that if you want to make a point about a development, you can't have such contradictions. Scenes on screen need to match the lines. Sheldon should refrain from hugging other characters if they want to make the point that he hugs Amy and therefore it's special and he's changed. Not the other way around. 

How can Penny know about those hugs since 3 of them she was not present for? Sheldon tells Amy's colleagues about these hugs with Amy standing right there, he cannot be lying. And he mentions "even on hot days" like it's a regular occurrence. That not only they hug on regular days, but also on hot ones. Same with the handholding, and the way it's brought up in 6x19. That's why I always took those lines to hint at off-screen stuff. I'm not saying they hug every day or anything like that, of course, but that it has happened more than the 4 times we saw on the show.

I don't know how I feel about these lines if the writers are simply referring to the times we saw them touch on screen for two reasons. 1) That's hardly progress, when the last time they touched was over a year ago and 2) they constantly make the point of Amy wanting affection. For someone that starved of affection, 4 hugs in 4 years is probably very very little. She bends over backwards to make Sheldon happy, I'd like to think she gets more than what we see. 

Can I ask when did I or anyone else ever state we want Shamy to be constantly wrapped around each other or have them "behave like a normal couple? I never said that. Is seeing it more than once a year, especially when the relationship is meant to be progressing and they constantly make jokes about one of the parties being desperate for affection, really that much to ask? 

I would have been totally fine with Shamy being a completely, 100% asexual and non-physically-affectionate relationship. The writers decided to change that and make one of the two affection-starved. I just want to see that Amy is getting her share of needs fulfilled in the relationship, just like she bends over backwards to meet Sheldon in the middle and be patient with him. And I want to see that Sheldon wants to make her happy, that's all. Since they have had Sheldon state on screen that he is "working on it" I would like to see the results on screen. I do 100% agree with Mayim's recent quote that you have to learn to accept the way the other person wants to love you, rather than the way you want them to love you. But that has to be mutual.

And I totally agree with Ibid about wanting to see the two have a blast together again like they used to. Grown-up, mature relationships and fun/being playmates and best friends are not mutually exclusive things.

Oh, and YAY SIK IN 2 DAYS! WOOT WOOT. 

Can I suggest that hugging Amy is for Sheldon, like saying ILY to Leonard was to Penny.  Penny, we know, told other men she loved them, but she had so much trouble saying it to Leonard because she knew with him, it was like forever.  Sheldon might be the same way with Amy, he is a genius, so even he knows hugging Amy means so much more than hugging Penny or other people, for Amy it is a sign of commitment.  Anyway my two cents.

• Like 8