The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bigbangsheldon

S7 Spoilers

Did I watch another episode last night? Yes, the SIK was a great moment, expected and some could say deserved. But the whole rest of the episode Sheldon was a complete jerk to Amy, and even when Leonard told him he was a "daaaawg" he misinterpreted and he felt that kissing Amy was no more important or even different than the other things he mentioned he had done.

Of course he was a"jerk" in the first part, that was needed for the confrontation from Amy, which lead to the kiss from Sheldon, first to prove a point, and then realizing he actually liked it.

About that last scene, I guess you can see it that way, and maybe we "Shamies" just want to see Sheldon's underlying knowledge of knowing full well the kiss was far more important to himself.

But to me it's clear without a doubt the kiss meant more then the other two examples.

Edited by Chiany

Did I watch another episode last night? Yes, the SIK was a great moment, expected and some could say deserved. But the whole rest of the episode Sheldon was a complete jerk to Amy, and even when Leonard told him he was a "daaaawg" he misinterpreted and he felt that kissing Amy was no more important or even different than the other things he mentioned he had done.

Apparently it was just me and you. Although he seemed to like the banjo guy more. Edited by Chrismo

I am also very much looking forward to the next episode. I think a lot of Shamys, including myself, were nervous that they would ignore the kiss like TBBT does after big events (Penny's ILY, the D&D Role playing) and they don't follow up for a long time or even at all. But we got a talk about it the very next episode! Also many Shamys were expecting Sheldon to panic about change and the kiss, and even though he thought about a "break up" , he apologizes and its over in one episode. Also, what i love the most, we finally got Sheldon to be aware of how he has changed. It has been told to the audience, Amy and the whole group how much Amy has changed Sheldon but we have never been shown that Sheldon is aware,acknowledges or even accepts that he has changed. And I really think that's what 7.16 is about. They need Sheldon to accept that he has changed, and realize nothing bad will happen if they even want to move Shamy forward. I think this episode may be that realization for Sheldon because in the end they are sitting on the couch in their "spots". I also noticed an interesting Leonard vs Amy struggle in the taping report, that I dont think we have really seen in past episodes. Also hinting to Sheldon there may be a decision to make here. And one that could benefit both Lenny and Shamy. 

Oh del!!!! I already had feels...But I loved yur comment!!! Oh my I depserately want for you to witness a super good shamy ep!!! Please God make Sheldon collect more data on 7x17!!! Please please please please!!!!!!!!!tumblr_m6bac9Ma6P1r4qo34.gif

• Like 1

They sort of used the same idea as they did in the Lenny ILY episode, conflict that allowed true feelings to come out. The similarities between these two episodes are quite extensive and they have about the same meaning to the couples. I mean look at Amy's s face, she is in a similar mental state as Leonard after the ILY.

They sort of used the same idea as they did in the Lenny ILY episode, conflict that allowed true feelings to come out. The similarities between these two episodes are quite extensive and they have about the same meaning to the couples. I mean look at Amy's s face, she is in a similar mental state as Leonard after the ILY.

The difference though was Leonard caused the problems in the ILY episode. Sheldon caused the problems in this episode. I agree though that Penny's and Sheldon's actions were way overdue.

Apparently it was just me and you. Although he seemed to like the banjo guy more.

tumblr_mcoi4f60CO1rsk5lgo1_500.gif

• Like 1

I'm sorry, I got a little confused and thought I had clicked on the episode thread.  Folks, there's no need to ridicule me.  Frankly, I thought people around here were a little kinder.

If you're gonna keep doing this posting on the Internet thing, I suggest developing thicker skin.  I can't speak for Martin, but I was definitely playing around when I called you out for trying to shut down Chrismo for posting spoilers in a spoiler thread.

The difference though was Leonard caused the problems in the ILY episode. Sheldon caused the problems in this episode. I agree though that Penny's and Sheldon's actions were way overdue.

There wasn't a difference.  Leonard caused problems, but so did Penny by not telling him about Cole (look at Penny's reaction when Leoanrd didn't tell her about Alex's invitation).   Amy wasn't so innocent last night.  She flat out admitted that she tricked Sheldon.  So, in both situations, both members of the couple contributed to the confrontation, prior to the big moment.  

• Like 1

There wasn't a difference.  Leonard caused problems, but so did Penny by not telling him about Cole (look at Penny's reaction when Leoanrd didn't tell her about Alex's invitation).   Amy wasn't so innocent last night.  She flat out admitted that she tricked Sheldon.  So, in both situations, both members of the couple contributed to the confrontation, prior to the big moment.

Cole never hit on Penny and was there for a class project. Leonard spied on her and Cole. Four episodes later Alex totally hit on Leonard and he knew it. Alex and Cole were two different stories. You are right though about Amy but I think Amy deserved a break after all she's been through.

I also think that Amy probably did deserve romance, she gave up her plans last year for Sheldon and decided she wasn't going to miss out this year

I don't think its about tricking Sheldon either, she obviously wanted to spend time with him but he found a friend with similar enthusiasm and felt a bit left out

• Like 1

That really annoyed me on the episode. I really don't believe Amy tricked him or did anything wrong. It was only natural to want romance. She did last year and she called everything off for him while she could have everythink. The same with this year she could have made him do things he didn't like and be all happy but she actually tried to make it good for both of them. Anyway that is just how I felt.

• Like 2

Of course Amy deserved romance, not just because she has put up with Sheldon for so long, but because Sheldon himself stated they are in a romantic relationship.

Hence there should be romance (not all the time obviously) on a valentine's date.

To quote Spock (and Sheldon): "It's only Logical"

Also, what i love the most, we finally got Sheldon to be aware of how he has changed. It has been told to the audience, Amy and the whole group how much Amy has changed Sheldon but we have never been shown that Sheldon is aware,acknowledges or even accepts that he has changed. And I really think that's what 7.16 is about. They need Sheldon to accept that he has changed, and realize nothing bad will happen if they even want to move Shamy forward. I think this episode may be that realization for Sheldon because in the end they are sitting on the couch in their "spots".

YES. YES TO ALL.

I am so looking forward to this episode now. I'm excited to see his freak out. I'm excited to see Amy bring him back down to earth and I'm excited to see Sheldon apologize. Is this still considered a sweeps episode? Because if so, I think this means BIG things for Shamy.

Edited by MariaAlbina723
  • Like 2

Cole never hit on Penny and was there for a class project. Leonard spied on her and Cole. Four episodes later Alex totally hit on Leonard and he knew it. Alex and Cole were two different stories. You are right though about Amy but I think Amy deserved a break after all she's been through.

And why was Leonard spying on Penny?  Because didn't tell Leonard about Cole, nor did she tell Cole about Leonard.  Leonard's actions were more overt, but Penny's non-actions contributed.  Neither was innocent. 

That really annoyed me on the episode. I really don't believe Amy tricked him or did anything wrong. It was only natural to want romance. She did last year and she called everything off for him while she could have everythink. The same with this year she could have made him do things he didn't like and be all happy but she actually tried to make it good for both of them. Anyway that is just how I felt.

I'm not arguing that Amy did anything wrong.  Just pointing out that she herself was aware, and Sheldon caught the part about, her telling him they were supposed to both enjoy this trip.  Amy made the case, at the beginning, that her enjoyment was the Bed and Breakfast and the train was for Sheldon's.  That she then expected him to enjoy the train according to her desires, not his, was the fly in the ointment.  It was fine, it all worked out.    

• Like 2

That she then expected him to enjoy the train according to her desires, not his, was the fly in the ointment.  It was fine, it all worked out.    

True, I guess up to the point Eric started talking, they were still physically at least "together", meaning sitting at the same table, but who knows what would have happened then.

But it is all water under the bridge, it turned out great :D

And why was Leonard spying on Penny?  Because didn't tell Leonard about Cole, nor did she tell Cole about Leonard.  Leonard's actions were more overt, but Penny's non-actions contributed.  Neither was innocent.

But what reason did she have to? The classmate could of been a woman. Would she had to tell Leonard then? On top of that after Leonard found out she texted him she had a boyfriend and Leonard's picture was on her refrigerator. Granted conversations with Alex and Sheldon didn't help Leonard's state of mind but I don't see how this was Penny's fault. Leonard acted like he didn't trust her and Penny deserved to me mad. In the Alex incident Alex asked him out, he told the guys and admitted he liked the attention. Sheldon told the girls what happened and Penny was jealous and deservedly so. He was getting hit on by a coworker who was smarter than Penny and equally as(opinion)hot.

I actually really liked this ^ because it made the conflict so realistic, unlike a lot of artificial Shamy conflict. I think both Amy and Sheldon had a right to be annoyed, and it kind of relates very very well to Raj's statement in 7x10: she expected him to be romantic on her terms and he had to learn to give a little attention to her. Like I said in the episode thread, I don't think Amy would have been as annoyed if he hadn't ignored her for Eric (she was so happy to go to the engine room with her, she just wanted to be with him), but, at the same time, it would have been rather selfish of Amy to bring him on a train and expect him not to get excited about all the train stuff. I thought the whole drama was very human and real.

Exactly that's what I mean. She wanted to do something he likes with him. Did she enjoy the kiss?? Of course but she never expected that and IMO she didn't expect anything else either. @Tensor my post was more of a comment on the writing of those lines. I don't know the way I see it Amy's idea of romantic was just them having dinner together and the chance to talk and hang out. I could be completely wrong here but I feel that the way it was shown it was a bit unfair to Amy.

As for Sheldon I am really glad he let it all out cause frankly the Vday romance wasn't the whole problem. All the sex comments Amy made were irritating and I really am with Sheldon on that. Like 7x10 he burst by a completely innocent comment and in that ep too he made a big deal out of nothing. I mean all he could do was apologize and spend some time with Amy. But he obviously felt really pressured. That is where I blame Amy. She put a lot of pressure on him for something even she isn't ready for!!!!! I mean did you guys see how she reacted??? Nearly every Shamy fic that include a SIK have Amy being startled at first and then hug him and kissing him like she was doing that forever. But she actually was starlted and she didn't know what to do with her hands and she didn't touch him and she was kind of pulling back. So I am with Sheldon there he knows better what he can or cannot handle.

• Like 1

But what reason did she have to? The classmate could of been a woman. Would she had to tell Leonard then?

And if a guy hit on Leonard, should he tell Penny?

On top of that after Leonard found out she texted him she had a boyfriend and Leonard's picture was on her refrigerator.

That's the point, AFTER LEONARD FOUND OUT. Why didn't Penny tell him right away?

Granted conversations with Alex and Sheldon didn't help Leonard's state of mind but I don't see how this was Penny's fault.

Can you point to where I said it was Penny's fault? I said each contributed. In Penny's case by not being upfront with Leonard.

Leonard acted like he didn't trust her and Penny deserved to me mad.

Yeah, I agree she was allowed to be mad. But, her not telling Cole about Leonard and not telling Leonard about Cole contributed to the way Leonard was acting.

In the Alex incident Alex asked him out, he told the guys and admitted he liked the attention.

And he also told them he wasn't going to do anything because he loved Penny.

Sheldon told the girls what happened and Penny was jealous and deservedly so. He was getting hit on by a coworker who was smarter than Penny and equally as(opinion)hot.

And Penny was getting hit on by a guy who was much better looking than Leonard (in Leonard's mind)

Neither one was fully at fault or totally innocent. They both contributed to the confusion in both cases.

And if a guy hit on Leonard, should he tell Penny?

That's the point, AFTER LEONARD FOUND OUT. Why didn't Penny tell him right away?

Can you point to where I said it was Penny's fault? I said each contributed. In Penny's case by not being upfront with Leonard.

Yeah, I agree she was allowed to be mad. But, her not telling Cole about Leonard and not telling Leonard about Cole contributed to the way Leonard was acting.

And he also told them he wasn't going to do anything because he loved Penny.

And Penny was getting hit on by a guy who was much better looking than Leonard (in Leonard's mind)

Neither one was fully at fault or totally innocent. They both contributed to the confusion in both cases.

I don't remember Cole ever hitting on Penny or it being stated he did.

I don't remember Cole ever hitting on Penny or it being stated he did.

I don't recall saying he did.

I don't recall saying he did.

I'm just confused why Penny needed to say anything about Cole to Leonard especially since he didn't hit on her. It seems to me that's all on Leonard. Penny found out about Alex from Sheldon and asked him in the hallway how was his day and said nothing until he had to. Leonard did admit he should of said something.

I'm just confused why Penny needed to say anything about Cole to Leonard especially since he didn't hit on her.

Well, I would tell my wife who I was working with in school and in theatre, especially if it was a woman. I always looked at it as communicating with her to prevent misunderstandings. I suppose if you don't look at it that way, you wouldn't think Penny would need to tell Leonard.

It seems to me that's all on Leonard. Penny found out about Alex from Sheldon and asked him in the hallway how was his day and said nothing until he had to. Leonard did admit he should of said something.

And I think it's both. She knows he was insecure about the relationship. It appears that you think the best way to allay that insecurity is to hide the fact that she is working with a good looking guy and not tell the guy she has a boyfriend.

• Like 1