And I think it's both. She knows he was insecure about the relationship. It appears that you think the best way to allay that insecurity is to hide the fact that she is working with a good looking guy and not tell the guy she has a boyfriend.

I'm not sure she really thought about it that much. It appears no matter what she did though it wouldn't of mattered.

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, Heres what happened,   Originally, I wasn't planning on going on the tour.. But since Its a weekend, theres no filming and we are dying to know about this set, I thought I would give it a try.

It was a pleasure meeting you, Nog ♥♥♥ Yesterday, was a great day, starting off with the great people Nog and I befriended while waiting in line. Haha. I was very glad they did the tag scene fo

Hey guys, I went to the taping today!!! It was so surreal to see the actors live on stage.... Anyways I intended to do a proper detailed taping report but I lost my pen in the beginning of the taping

Posted Images

I am really hoping they start giving us a little on Penny's progress, since she made such a major change a few episodes ago. Her quiting TCF was a major move, so I can't see them just forgetting it and when tonight's episode is shown, it will be over a month since she quit. They have to let us know how she is doing.

• Like 3

Exactly that's what I mean. She wanted to do something he likes with him. Did she enjoy the kiss?? Of course but she never expected that and IMO she didn't expect anything else either. @Tensor my post was more of a comment on the writing of those lines. I don't know the way I see it Amy's idea of romantic was just them having dinner together and the chance to talk and hang out. I could be completely wrong here but I feel that the way it was shown it was a bit unfair to Amy.

As for Sheldon I am really glad he let it all out cause frankly the Vday romance wasn't the whole problem. All the sex comments Amy made were irritating and I really am with Sheldon on that. Like 7x10 he burst by a completely innocent comment and in that ep too he made a big deal out of nothing. I mean all he could do was apologize and spend some time with Amy. But he obviously felt really pressured. That is where I blame Amy. She put a lot of pressure on him for something even she isn't ready for!!!!! I mean did you guys see how she reacted??? Nearly every Shamy fic that include a SIK have Amy being startled at first and then hug him and kissing him like she was doing that forever. But she actually was starlted and she didn't know what to do with her hands and she didn't touch him and she was kind of pulling back. So I am with Sheldon there he knows better what he can or cannot handle.

I understand your point, but I just can't blame Amy for anything. Oh yes, poor little Sheldon is not ready yet for a lot of things! (sorry for the sarcasm, I'm not taking it at you, really, it's just that I'm not in total good terms with him yet ;)), but I think Amy is extremely patient with him and we can't blame her for feeling the way she feels and doing the things she does, because even when she is trying to advance, she keeps being extremely respectful to him. How on earth is she supposed to know what he is ready for?, she keeps testing the waters and he keeps sending mixed signals. Or how is she supposed to take his "I've not ruled it out" when she asked if there was any chance for them to get intimate some day? I mean, when she can't see him taking any intentional steps to finally get there?

Yes, she planned a whole trip that her boyfriend could truly enjoy with the awfully hidden intention of them to spend a little time together, and he neglected her the only thing she was asking for: attention and company.

I'd be more willing to accept putting a blame on her if the other guy hadn't showed up, if it were just Sheldon wanting to share WITH HER his excitement about the train, and her being annoyed by it, then I would say, yes, Amy was all in the wrong, but I think it was pretty clear she was sad and angry for the way he was ignoring her, and she was in all her right to be, because the least thing Sheldon could do in exchange of all the trouble she went into just to please him (not only this year, but also the last one) was to think how could he thank her for it and try at least to make her happy.

I think the writers are making a big mistake by not showing us any little hint of effort by Sheldon's side, yes he once said "I'm working on it", but that's it, just words. We never see him struggling or asking himself, "how could I make Amy feel good?" And I'm not just talking about romance or physical affection, I'm talking about, well, anything!

And yes, I know it would be unlikely for Sheldon, who we all know always thinks first in foremost about himself, but if they are also putting him into a relationship, they need to concede a bit and let him loose himself just a little when it comes to Amy, who undoubtedly is special for him, just as they brilliantly did in Isolation permutation, where Sheldon never stopped being himself, but showed true concern and willingess to do things very uncharacteristical of him in spite of her.

Yes, I liked the kiss a lot, it was beautifully done and acted and I like what it could mean for the future (if it's not swept under the rug, of course), but now that we shippers keep thinking which could be the next big step in their relationshio could be, well, what I reallay want: the next big step I'm expecting for them as a couple is that one: I want him to think about making her happy somehow, him conciciously thinking for once in their relationship in terms of her, and acting accordingly, because until now, everything had been about him, his wants and needs, and I don't think that's fair at all.

• Like 3

And yes, I know it would be unlikely for Sheldon, who we all know always thinks first in foremost about himself, but if they are also putting him into a relationship, they need to concede a bit and let him loose himself just a little when it comes to Amy, who undoubtedly is special for him, just as they brilliantly did in Isolation permutation, where Sheldon never stopped being himself, but showed true concern and willingess to do things very uncharacteristical of him in spite of her.

While I agree that they should have Sheldon show what we all know he is feeling, I think Sheldon intention is not to be selfish, but rather that he doesn't know how to show his feelings to Amy.

That's why (to me) he started ranting about her deserving romance right before the kiss.

Now that he knows he can be romantic in a way that Amy likes, and he does too, it opens up many new possibilities, just like Jim said in the interview about the kiss.

The question is are the writers going to make use of those possibilities.

• Like 2

I understand your point, but I just can't blame Amy for anything. Oh yes, poor little Sheldon is not ready yet for a lot of things! (sorry for the sarcasm, I'm not taking it at you, really, it's just that I'm not in total good terms with him yet ;)), but I think Amy is extremely patient with him and we can't blame her for feeling the way she feels and doing the things she does, because even when she is trying to advance, she keeps being extremely respectful to him. How on earth is she supposed to know what he is ready for?, she keeps testing the waters and he keeps sending mixed signals. Or how is she supposed to take his "I've not ruled it out" when she asked if there was any chance for them to get intimate some day? I mean, when she can't see him taking any intentional steps to finally get there?

Yes, she planned a whole trip that her boyfriend could truly enjoy with the awfully hidden intention of them to spend a little time together, and he neglected her the only thing she was asking for: attention and company.

I'd be more willing to accept putting a blame on her if the other guy hadn't showed up, if it were just Sheldon wanting to share WITH HER his excitement about the train, and her being annoyed by it, then I would say, yes, Amy was all in the wrong, but I think it was pretty clear she was sad and angry for the way he was ignoring her, and she was in all her right to be, because the least thing Sheldon could do in exchange of all the trouble she went into just to please him (not only this year, but also the last one) was to think how could he thank her for it and try at least to make her happy.

I think the writers are making a big mistake by not showing us any little hint of effort by Sheldon's side, yes he once said "I'm working on it", but that's it, just words. We never see him struggling or asking himself, "how could I make Amy feel good?" And I'm not just talking about romance or physical affection, I'm talking about, well, anything!

Yes, I liked the kiss a lot, it was beautifully done and acted and I like what it could mean for the future (if it's not swept under the rug, of course), but now that we shippers keep thinking which could be the next big step in their relationshio could be, well, what I reallay want: the next big step I'm expecting for them as a couple is that one: I want him to think about making her happy somehow, him conciciously thinking for once in their relationship in terms of her, and acting accordingly, because until now, everything had been about him, his wants and needs, and I don't think that's fair at all.

I can't see the value of finger pointing here.

S/A had a great unexpected moment in contrast to their disagreement. That was the point. The rest is just detail.

S/A had a great unexpected moment in contrast to their disagreement. That was the point. The rest is just detail.

Well, yes, nobody is denying that, but the details are important too, at least for me ;)

While I agree that they should have Sheldon show what we all know he is feeling, I think Sheldon intention is not to be selfish, but rather that he doesn't know how to show his feelings to Amy.

But during his rant he listed those cliched romantic things people do, so, he knows, thing is, he doesn't want to do any of those things, even when he supposes those will make Amy happy.

See, I understand he doesn't like that stuff, but I know he could think something unconventional o a more 'sheldony' way of showing his affection, could even be used for comical purposes, because it could be something so weird not even Amy could get at first.

I agree that he must have a lot of trouble to show or express his feelings, but I stand by my point that he is just too selfish. I know it's one of the character's main personality traits and I don't want an overnight or 365 degrees change, I just want to see the effort from his part.

Maybe for next valentine's day! :sigh:

Edit: Oh!, and now that we use the word "detail", you know what I would have really, really liked? Just one little change: that the trip had been  Sheldon's idea, not Amy's.

I mean, out of obligation he knows he had to plan something for V-day, so he makes a plan that suits his needs. He overheard Howard taking Bernie in the wine train, he thinks it's the perfect way to cater Amy's need of "ridiculous romantic squishy stuff", he knows he won't be alone with her, he won't be with strangers and, top of all, he will be on a train!

So everything goes as we saw at the episode, he meets his friend, ignores everything else and Amy could get pissed and equally confronts him, he could be angry because she acts that way even when "he got into all that trouble for her" and that she doesn't care and just wants him to do the estupid things classic lovers do and so on.

That's it, everything is essentially the same, he remains the same self-centered Sheldon, the only little big difference is he would have done an effort in the first place, even if he derails in the way.

But, again, maybe next time.

Edited by sarah7
  • Like 5

I actually think in the Locomotive Manipulation Sheldon did realize as soon as Bernie told him that he was being rude for leaving Amy alone.  While at the table he tried to include her in his enthusiasm.  He truly did think that she wanted him to enjoy himself while on the train. I think he figured her fun came at the B&B because he had no interest in that place or Napa.  He was only interested in the train stuff.   Since she said it would be fun for both, he took it literally.   Sheldon is like Amelia Bedelia....takes things pretty literally a lot of the time.   So in this case I cannot fault him because he was truly being clueless. 

Now about the way he got angry, I think it was a combination of some pent-up frustration from years of repressing feelings, but also I think it was momentary anger from the situation. He was having fun and thought she was having fun with him because she had said he would have fun.   He thought he had been including her when he kept turning to her enthusiastically when he would learn something new from his new friend.   It wasn't as if he completely ignored her.   He just didn't give her what she wanted on her terms.   But with Sheldon you have to spell out things.  He isn't going to read her mind on such matters.

I do think he has been having sexual frustration for a while though.  I think he is attracted and afraid to express what he is feeling.  So when he said "kissing is romantic" it was clearly something he has had on his mind.  Sure it started out in anger, but he clearly enjoyed it and not only enjoyed it but was affected by it.  He stepped in very close to her and when he placed his hand on her waist he pulled her even closer.   It was like he was finally able to just let the true emotions of what he feels for her come out through the kiss. He clearly wanted her with him after by asking if she wanted to go with him to the engine room.  She was more than willing to just let him go (and probably recover from what she was feeling at the moment), but he wanted more of her...he wanted her with him and was happy she wanted to join him.  

So overall, I think it ended up great, even though I think there was a misunderstanding up front.   Amy obviously was able to forgive him for the situation.  I would ilke to think that the  had a really enjoyable weekend before the weekend ended. It appeared like Sheldon was super happy from it and clearly kissing her was high on his list of activities.

Now about the coming episode that is being taped tonight.  While I doubt PP will be related to the Penny story, I am hoping that if they are doing a boys story and girls story that the girls story will be related to Penny's career. I hope it means that they are joining her on an audition or discussing it or something where there is some sort of follow-up on her career.

I know some are hoping she goes to PP for career advice, but I don't see that as likely.  First, he is a scientist more than an "actor".  He had a show, yes, but I don't think he considered that a career, and honestly it was one he would rather forget.   So he probably wouldn't feel qualified to discuss how to deal with that industry.  Likewise, he is retired and winding down career-wise instead of trying to ramp up. I think he would not have a "job" to give her.  So I honestly don't see his story really having anything to do with her career.  He may have a quick quip to her (his flirting) in a brief scene somehow, but beyond that I doubt that he will be involved in her story. I think it is more likely he will be doing something with the boys.

• Like 1

First of all no offense for the sarcasm I know it is about Sheldon!!! :) Tbh I love Amy most of all and I am a bit overprotective towards her. But I think that in the big picture Sheldon is right on some points. A lot of that has to do with the way the Shamy is being written. That is why I hate that they forgot the D&D scene. Sheldon stated then that he hasn't rule intimacy out and told it before so I guess he is working on it. But after that we just went back to the previous situation and that makes me wonder. Does he work on it and Amy is so senseless that she keeps making those sex jokes??? Or Sheldon implied he is working on it and then left her waiting for a change that never came?? So we really do have to fill in the blanks.

As for the episode personally I think that Amy was mostly right but Sheldon had a point too. Considering how much she has done for him and how respectful she is then I really cannot blame her. But if that burst was what was needed for her to understand that she shouldn't push then it is welcome. I mean if Sheldon doesn't want to move pushing him is pointless. So, I too am waiting for the moment when Sheldon will start moving on his own(well actually he kand of has so I hope for him to continue) and I would love if he for once was the one to push a little even with his own full of denial way.

• Like 3

I just think this episode will be another Shelly annoys PP - blah blah blah. :(

Pretty sure about that too. Let's hope there is some other story in this episode so it's more than just a "filler".

I thought about what Mayim said in her article about some moments being left off and then picked back up as the producers see fit, so it's possible that the D&D moment could be brought up later when Shamy is closer to that point in their relationship. Idk just a thought.

• Like 4

Regarding Shamy in Locomotive, I agree with both Sarah and Cecilia/Chiany/Stardust. To be honest, I think the episode was almost flawless because the argument between the two was very realistic and, like DJ says, there's no real finger pointing to be had.

I think the fact that Sheldon *has* acted like a total selfish jerk in recent times since late S6 kind of makes the fact that he actually wasn't that big of a jerk this time to go unnoticed. He wasn't that big of a jerk for a number of reasons people have pointed out: 1) as soon as Bernie called him off on his behavior he admitted he was being insensitive (Sheldon! That is pretty big for him) and simply was his usual clueless self who thought inviting Eric along was a great compromise, 2) he *was* trying to engage Amy in his enthusiasm from the moment they got on the train, the problem is that Amy hoped to woo him with the train in other ways and 3) he did have a point that the dinner on the train was the only part of the whole weekend that was meant to be for his enjoyment, out of the whole 2, 3 days they were probably out there. 

I said this before, and I strongly believe, that the issue with Shamy is to find the type of romance that works for them, not the stereotypical "wine and candles" stuff, and that they always manage to reach in the end: last year by having that domestic Vday date and unique gifts and this year at the end of the kiss by sharing the experience in the engine room together. Raj is spot on in his assessment in 7x10, with the only difference being that Amy isn't pressuring Sheldon into *intimacy* on her own terms but, rather into *romance* on her own terms (and which seems to come mostly from her friends and romantic comedies, since she was never into this stuff before). And Sheldon does have to learn to give back too and be shown to want to make her happy, I totally agree with Sarah on that. I think a relationship where he never wants to see her or make her happy and make any effort to do so will be very hard to buy any longer, and I hope the music will change soon.

About tonight's taping: well, last time with JEJ people were predicting that Sheldon would piss off JEJ and end up with another restraining order. Instead, we got the total opposite. Maybe this time we will get a different Proton plot too? I'm not saying Proton being all over Sheldon, necessarily, but I don't think it's going to be the exact same storyline for the third time, I'm hopeful that they've come up with something new this time. 

Edited by koops
  • Like 6

tumblr_n0a3xjAH9z1sp0cpeo9_250.gif

You realise that TBBT is a comedy, right ? Good troll

Since you apparently aren't through wetting yourself from last week , I'll explain. On How I Met Your Mother Marshall's father died in an episode a couple years ago and last time I checked HIMYM is a comedy. The point is that this is likely Proton's last episode and myself and I believe others seemed to be happy over this. Considering Prpton has health issues(pacemaker) why not have him die.? he does one last show, gives advice to L/P/S, or something else funny. He has had a long life and really it wouldn't be that sad. the gang could be part of that.

Death in a show can be handled with comedy believe it or not.  I remember years ago Northern Exposure had Maggie dating a guy who died because a satellite fell out of the sky and meshed with his body and the show as all about how she felt she was a jinx to guys she dated (they had all died in very strange bizarre ways like his death).  It was how they had to make this guy a special casket to go around the satellite and it was done very funny.   :laugh:

Since Amy's cousins died before a wedding, it seems that they could definitely find ways for Amy to think she is a jinx as well.   If done right, it can be tasteful and funny at the same time. :girlwink:

I just don't know if the show is really done with PP.  While they gave him three episodes this season, it does not mean that they may not offer him more.   We just don't know what they will do. I do agree that many fans didn't take to his story, but I think that is because they wrote his character narrowly.  If tonight they reveal he has a bigger tie to the gang, then I could see them inviting him back for further episodes.  If not, then I do think he could have run his course.  I guess time will tell if his character still has a future on the show or not. :unknw:  

The other issue would be the public in general may have a huge issue killing off Bob Newharts character even if done in a funny way. I think that actually would be a larger issue.

Edited by stardustmelody

Death in a show can be handled with comedy believe it or not.  I remember years ago Northern Exposure had Maggie dating a guy who died because a satellite fell out of the sky and meshed with his body and the show as all about how she felt she was a jinx to guys she dated (they had all died in very strange bizarre ways like his death).  It was how they had to make this guy a special casket to go around the satellite and it was done very funny.   :laugh:

If I remember, The Mary Tyler Moore show did this very well at one point. There are other examples.

Conversely, M*A*S*H handled the death of Henry Blake quit well, albeit seriously. Not surprising given the overall subject matter of the series.

Technically it was one last season two this season. One episode was fine, two was pushing it, three was too much. At this point what else can you do with PP?

I dunno, what else can you do with Kripke at this point? Every time we see him, it's basically him versus Sheldon. How much longer can they milk that particular dry cow? My point is, if they can trot out other recurring characters and have them do basically their same old schtick, they can find things for Professor Proton to do.