I dunno, what else can you do with Kripke at this point? Every time we see him, it's basically him versus Sheldon. How much longer can they milk that particular dry cow? My point is, if they can trot out other recurring characters and have them do basically their same old schtick, they can find things for Professor Proton to do.

But PP seems to be the main story when he is on. Kripke isn't typically the main part of the story. bob Newhart isn't going to be on as supporting cast.
  • Like 1

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, Heres what happened,   Originally, I wasn't planning on going on the tour.. But since Its a weekend, theres no filming and we are dying to know about this set, I thought I would give it a try.

It was a pleasure meeting you, Nog ♥♥♥ Yesterday, was a great day, starting off with the great people Nog and I befriended while waiting in line. Haha. I was very glad they did the tag scene fo

Hey guys, I went to the taping today!!! It was so surreal to see the actors live on stage.... Anyways I intended to do a proper detailed taping report but I lost my pen in the beginning of the taping

Posted Images

But PP seems to be the main story when he is on. Kripke isn't typically the main part of the story. bob Newhart isn't going to be on as supporting cast.

Well the first time PP was on it was an introduction. The second time he was on he actually asked L the big question of why he is friends with S. L's answer was cut short but it was by far the most complete answer ever given on the series.

I actually did not find the second PP episode particularly funny and I was somewhat disappointed but it was nice to hear half of an answer from L.

The question and answer were out of the blue. Who can say what PP might bring this time?

That's true, it's not like any of the main storylines consists of Kripke competing with Sheldon for an office, or working with him on a fusion reactor proposal, or having Sheldon try to befriend him in order to get computer time, or... ;) Face it, Chrismo, you're reaching for excuses in order to justify your desire to not have Professor Proton on the show. You speak with conviction, yet you do not convince.

That's true, it's not like any of the main storylines consists of Kripke competing with Sheldon for an office, or working with him on a fusion reactor proposal, or having Sheldon try to befriend him in order to get computer time, or... ;) Face it, Chrismo, you're reaching for excuses in order to justify your desire to not have Professor Proton on the show. You speak with conviction, yet you do not convince.

If I remember correctly the deal Newhart had with Lorre was he would be on for three episodes. So if I am correct this may be it no matter what. Edited by Chrismo

If I remember correctly the deal Newhart had with Lorre was he would be on for three episodes. So if I am correct this may be it no matter what.

The Hollywood Reporter said it was a three episode deal with Newhart and Lorre.

The Hollywood Reporter said it was a three episode deal with Newhart and Lorre.

And Newhart, in an interview, said more were possible, it was up to the producers, leaving the door open, no matter what.  Melissa  and Mayim started out as one shot deals.  As a matter of fact, all the recurring roles originally started with one shots, except for Sarah Rue (Stephanie).   Now, there may have been intent to use them more (such as introducing Stewart), but they were just signed for one show.   Which means if they want him back, they'll have him back, because he's open to it.

Edited by Tensor

I don't know, but I think that one photo has Raj in an apron talking to a bunch of the crew folks and Jim(Sheldon) appears to be sitting in his "spot" on the couch.  The way the cameras are angled you can't see if the table is still there or not.  

Also, the run sheets hanging off the cameras show Penny's apartment so there are evidently some scenes there.  I think this is likely what I thought...a boys story and a girls story.  The woman in black dress you can just catch part of her dark long hair (don't think it is Mayim though...a crew member likely). 

Edited by stardustmelody

So there's a lot of bread on the island and Jim sitting in Sheldon's spot.  It kinda looks like Kunal wearing an apron with his back to the camera, which would make sense with the food.  The coffee table appears to be set for dinner, implying that perhaps they didn't keep the dining room table.

Regarding Shamy in Locomotive, I agree with both Sarah and Cecilia/Chiany/Stardust. To be honest, I think the episode was almost flawless because the argument between the two was very realistic and, like DJ says, there's no real finger pointing to be had.

I think the fact that Sheldon *has* acted like a total selfish jerk in recent times since late S6 kind of makes the fact that he actually wasn't that big of a jerk this time to go unnoticed. He wasn't that big of a jerk for a number of reasons people have pointed out: 1) as soon as Bernie called him off on his behavior he admitted he was being insensitive (Sheldon! That is pretty big for him) and simply was his usual clueless self who thought inviting Eric along was a great compromise, 2) he *was* trying to engage Amy in his enthusiasm from the moment they got on the train, the problem is that Amy hoped to woo him with the train in other ways and 3) he did have a point that the dinner on the train was the only part of the whole weekend that was meant to be for his enjoyment, out of the whole 2, 3 days they were probably out there. 

I said this before, and I strongly believe, that the issue with Shamy is to find the type of romance that works for them, not the stereotypical "wine and candles" stuff, and that they always manage to reach in the end: last year by having that domestic Vday date and unique gifts and this year at the end of the kiss by sharing the experience in the engine room together. Raj is spot on in his assessment in 7x10, with the only difference being that Amy isn't pressuring Sheldon into *intimacy* on her own terms but, rather into *romance* on her own terms (and which seems to come mostly from her friends and romantic comedies, since she was never into this stuff before). And Sheldon does have to learn to give back too and be shown to want to make her happy, I totally agree with Sarah on that. I think a relationship where he never wants to see her or make her happy and make any effort to do so will be very hard to buy any longer, and I hope the music will change soon.

About tonight's taping: well, last time with JEJ people were predicting that Sheldon would piss off JEJ and end up with another restraining order. Instead, we got the total opposite. Maybe this time we will get a different Proton plot too? I'm not saying Proton being all over Sheldon, necessarily, but I don't think it's going to be the exact same storyline for the third time, I'm hopeful that they've come up with something new this time. 

I kind of think this episode may well give a point to the PP arc. No idea what that might be. These writers are actually quite good at surprising us.

I think Sheldon does want to make Amy happy so long as he does not have to crush his soul to do it. He really is a different sort of guy and something most people would think is a modest effort would be like wearing the itchy sweater to him (the point of that less than popular episode). Sheldon is the first one to make fun of someone else's limitations. Funny when he has so many of his own.

I think Sheldon has two big fears.

1. to be anything less than extraordinary. His self worth is tied up in being far better than everyone else (with the possible exception of Amy).
  2. To give in to sensual desires. He would be just like everyone else. Worse still he believes the common Joe is a "slave" to their desires. This scares him. He thinks he is better than that. This is what got him in trouble with Alex and Mrs. Janine Davis of HR (in The Egg Salad Equivalency).

The point is that this is likely Proton's last episode and myself and I believe others seemed to be happy over this. Considering Prpton has health issues(pacemaker) why not have him die.? he does one last show, gives advice to L/P/S, or something else funny. He has had a long life and really it wouldn't be that sad. the gang could be part of that.

It could actually be used in the helping the story along also. I am not a fan of Prof Proton at all, I would have preferred it if they had kept it at one episode (or better none at all), even if he asked a big question to Leonard in his 2nd episode.

So killing him off could have a big impact on Sheldon, since he looked at him as a replacement father in the 1st episode PP appeared in, and they "made up" at the end of the 2nd one. Not to mention he is considers him a sort of role model, someone he looks up to, even if he called him a pervert in the last PP episode.

But if PP would die in this episode, Sheldon would need to seek comfort, and it would be awesome if he turned to Amy, before Amy could respond in being there for him.

And nothing intimate has to happen because of that, but simply comforting him would be very sweet.

Edited by Chiany
  • Like 1

It could actually be used in the helping the story along also. I am not a fan of Prof Proton at all, I would have preferred it if they had kept it at one episode (or better none at all), even if he asked a big question to Leonard in his 2nd episode.

So killing him of could have a big impact on Sheldon, since he looked at him as a replacement father in the 1st episode PP appeared in, and they "made up" at the end of the 2nd one. Not to mention he is considers him a sort of role model, someone he looks up to, even if he called him a pervert in the last PP episode.

But if PP would die in this episode, Sheldon would need to seek comfort, and it would be awesome if he turned to Amy, before Amy could respond in being there for him.

And nothing intimate has to happen because of that, but simply comforting him would be very sweet.

I was actually thinking about this idea as well. Have PP die, and Sheldon be so upset that he hugs Amy while crying. That would be a great way to show how much closer they are now after the SIK, but not showing to much at the same time.

• Like 1

I honestly don't understand the desire to kill off poor Arthur...

I can understand maybe not being crazy about the PP episodes if BN isn't your cup of tea, but I don't think there's any point in wanting to kill him off.

I don't think anyone on the BBT team has any desire to use PP as some kind of cannon fodder just to milk some kind of unnecessary emotion out of the show. If they want Sheldon to be upset, for instance, there are different ways to do that other than killing off PP.

Having BN on the show was a great deal for the show and they'd never throw that away.

I hope it's just a funny ep.

Edited by phantagrae
  • Like 3

I personally would have difficulty if they killed him off because well..Newhart is a legend.  I also think TBBT producers know that keeping options open is always a good thing.  So I don't see it happening.

It could be that they have to help him adjust to moving into a seniors care center or something though.

I honestly don't understand the desire to kill off poor Arthur...

Having BN on the show was a great deal for the show and they'd never throw that away.

I don't get it either, BN won an Emmy for himself and the show. TPTB aren't going to give that up, if they can come up with another script they think works well.

• Like 2

I don't want them to kill off PP.  Since the last episode had a major Shamy plot, I don't expect another one for a couple of episodes, and that's OK with me.  I'd like to see them pick up with the Penny career arc.