It could be related to Tenure Turbulence. Maybe one of the three guys gets tenure.

Actually this wouldn't surprise me at all.  They did say they would revisit Tenure.  

FYI, I have a friend that went to the taping last night too and they gave me a summary. Tensor added it to the Taping report thread. :)

Thanks, Chloe!

Edited by stardustmelody

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, Heres what happened,   Originally, I wasn't planning on going on the tour.. But since Its a weekend, theres no filming and we are dying to know about this set, I thought I would give it a try.

It was a pleasure meeting you, Nog ♥♥♥ Yesterday, was a great day, starting off with the great people Nog and I befriended while waiting in line. Haha. I was very glad they did the tag scene fo

Hey guys, I went to the taping today!!! It was so surreal to see the actors live on stage.... Anyways I intended to do a proper detailed taping report but I lost my pen in the beginning of the taping

Posted Images

Actually this wouldn't surprise me at all.  They did say they would revisit Tenure.  

They did? I know they mentionedas an option at CC or so, but where did they say it would brought up again?

They did? I know they mentionedas an option at CC or so, but where did they say it would brought up again?

I suppose "imply" is a better word.  They implied that they were not done with the tenure story and yes did mention at CC it is an option, but they usually don't leave a story that had that subject matter undone.  It may go undone for a long period, but they usually do get back to it.  I think Tenure is a very likely candidate.

It could be that because of the Tenure one of them has to go to CERN which then might explain Bill's "Bonjour" Tweet as well since CERN is located near Geneva which is closer to France and where more French is spoken.

• Like 2

I suppose "imply" is a better word.  They implied that they were not done with the tenure story and yes did mention at CC it is an option, but they usually don't leave a story that had that subject matter undone.  It may go undone for a long period, but they usually do get back to it.  I think Tenure is a very likely candidate.

It could be that because of the Tenure one of them has to go to CERN which then might explain Bill's "Bonjour" Tweet as well since CERN is located near Geneva which is closer to France and where more French is spoken.

The season 7 finale trip, of course.

The season 7 finale trip, of course.

Very likely.  I was hoping for something more original than another "trip over the summer' finale, but it appears that may be the direction they are going.

But if Leonard gets it, which everyone suspects he will, they won't send him away two seasons in a row, will they?

It would seem a bit redundant, wouldn't it?  But even if he gets Tenure, it doesn't mean the person going to CERN is the one that got Tenure.  Perhaps it upsets Sheldon in a huge way that he takes on a temporary assignment in CERN to not only further his own career and try and get some success, but also to distance himself from Leonard because he is angry about losing it to him.   Who knows, but it would make sense that they revisit the Tenure thing again.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 1

Very likely.  I was hoping for something more original than another "trip over the summer' finale, but it appears that may be the direction they are going.

The question is who?  Sheldon?  His idea didn't work out.  Leonard. again?  He did disprove Sheldon's idea.  Maybe Raj, although we haven't heard anything about his research lately.  Guess we'll just have to wait.  

If Leonard goes to CERN, maybe this time Penny goes with him...just a suggestion

Hmmmmmm, as a way to move both couples forward.  Penny and Leonard would have to live together there.  That would leave Amy to take care of Sheldon.    Interesting.   Or, Penny gets a part on location and Leoanrd has to go to CERN.  Separate them physically, but not emotionally and they would still have Amy taking care of Sheldon. 

Wasn't the s6 tenure story called The Tenure Turbulence already?  Wouldn't that be weird to have another episode with the same title a year later?   While I could see tenure being a great topic to bring closure to, I have to wonder if the original "The Friendship Turbulence" might not be the actual title in this case because that title was used last season.   :unknw: 

Tensor, my guess is either Sheldon or Raj...but more likely Sheldon.

Edited by stardustmelody

I don't mind with someone going away again, last time they did not send someone away the cliffhanger ended up being Penny and Raj in bed together which IMO was s bit of a catastrophe story. Felt very desperate. So if I have to choose between that and sending someone away I'd go with the latter.

Maybe if Leonard does get tenure the piece offering could be letting Sheldon and Amy go to CERN in his place. Sheldon and Amy would be happy and Raj and Leonard have already been there. I don't think Penny would care and both L/P would be happy with Sheldon being gone.

• Like 1

Maybe if Leonard does get tenure the piece offering could be letting Sheldon and Amy go to CERN in his place. Sheldon and Amy would be happy and Raj and Leonard have already been there. I don't think Penny would care and both L/P would be happy with Sheldon being gone.

I would love for Shamy to go away together as long as we get to see them actually in the episodes (not out of sight out of mind thing).   I don't think it is Tenure Turbulence though because they called the S6 episode that so it probably is the Friendship Turbulence....however that turbulence could be based on Tenure decision being made. :girlwink:

Yes...but I took it to mean that the title is still speculation.   I think we need to see something in print to confirm it.

It's 510% true. When does Morya ever lie?  Please trust her. :)

She doesn't want to say where it's from right now, but I can assure you its the real deal.

Also, Morya posted the title before the script cover came out and it clearly says "urbulence" at the end of that pencil. It's not spec.

Edited by bigbangsheldon
  • Like 4

It's 510% true. When does Morya ever lie?  Please trust her. :)

She doesn't want to say where it's from right now, but I can assure you its the real deal.

Also, Morya posted the title before the script cover came out and it clearly says "urbulence" at the end of that pencil. It's not spec.

Okay...you don't have to over defend. It just makes it more curious than it needs to be.

• Like 1

I think people are reading far too much into Bill's "Bonjour". He always posts saying "This morning" and I think he's learning to speak French or something (he tweeted something in French a while ago asking native speakers to help him out), so I doubt that his tweet meant anything specific to the episode.

I think the title is pretty self explanatory, the only question is whose friendship. Given that Sheldon and Leonard were just addressed, and ended on such a happy note, I doubt it is them, unless the writers really want to mess them up. But any other combination is equally likely other than the couples.

Ok sorry its me again! LOL I got to a real computer and I fixed many of the spelling errors in the report and added some new things that I remembered and my husband added some star wars things he remembered that I couldn't. I updated it on my post and sent a copy to Tensor to add to the Taping Report thread! There is a new line from Sheldon I remembered in the Shamy scene and added some extra details about different scenes.

Edited by delsino
  • Like 7

Ok sorry its me again! LOL I got to a real computer and I fixed many of the spelling errors in the report and added some new things that I remembered and my husband added some star wars things he remembered that I couldn't. I updated it on my post and sent a copy to Tensor to add to the Taping Report thread! There is a new line from Sheldon I remembered in the Shamy scene and added some extra details about different scenes.

Really thanks for all you have done.  I hope you got some sleep.

• Like 3

I may actually cry when Professor Proton dies.  I feel affection for Bob Newhart, which has made me especially fond of PP.  This whole episode sounds like one of the most poignant ones they've done, while also keeping it funny.  I'm thinking maybe they'll submit it for Emmy consideration.

As its stated at the paleyfest about Bill Prady always being the one who have to make those awkward phonecalls to the gueststars I bet he was the one who had to call Newhart about this one!

Really wonders how that call went

"Hi Bob.. we want you on the show again.. but this time you're dead"

Edited by Jaime
  • Like 3