The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bigbangsheldon

S7 Spoilers

Aww, the L/P part sounds really cute :) I'm excited! Thanks for the report!

So we have "The Table" ( like tenure) just disappear?? And the Vet/Raj potential also just disappear??

The story line with Amy helping with the online dating as she was helped by the guys does make sense-----but why  even start the Vet story line?

Anybody got any ideas that has this all make sense ( or is it just some less than great writing?)

So we have "The Table" ( like tenure) just disappear?? And the Vet/Raj potential also just disappear??

The story line with Amy helping with the online dating as she was helped by the guys does make sense-----but why  even start the Vet story line?

Anybody got any ideas that has this all make sense ( or is it just some less than great writing?)

I don't think it has anything to do with "less than great writing".

They have to invent storylines for all 7 characters. Sometimes one character has a story in an episode that won't have a follow up, next episode some others might have it.

• Like 2

The story line with Amy helping with the online dating as she was helped by the guys does make sense-----but why even start the Vet story line?

Sadly it doesn't always make sense.

16h4tfo.jpg

Edited by Jaime
  • Like 5

sweet Lenny moment, I always like Howard/Sheldon together. Raj and Amy trying to get him a date should be funny. No Shamy interaction...*le sigh*

I know right? I was wondering why Amy didn't accompany sheldon to the airport. Unless she is actually quite busy with work in which case I'm happy she didn't give that up to go drop him off :)

Shamy have had a lot of interaction this season, more than last year.  It's OK if they don't interact every single episode.

• Like 6

Shamy have had a lot of interaction this season, more than last year.  It's OK if they don't interact every single episode.

That's why I haven't been concerned about movement for Lenny. H/B moved huge amounts in season five, while the others had their moments. Season six saw huge movements for Lenny, with moments for the others. It's Shamy's turn this year, with moments for the others. Although Penny, herself is also getting movement, it hasn't really affected Lenny in the end.

• Like 3

Even if nothing happend with yvette we got to see some great growth from Raj during their short encountment. To see him scream and just totaly being himself infront of a women like that really showed how much he has developed.

Yes it was a huge deal when he spoke in front of Penny for the first time in the finale last season but this was also a huge step! So I dont think the whole Yvette-thing was just some filler for comedy.

Edited by Jaime
  • Like 2

I think they are letting raj play the field a bit, he's not exactly had a good track record with girls and doesn't need an immediate steady partner

Actually to be more specific, rather than playing the field, he is striving to alienate all the single women in the Pasadena, California area! As I have said for years he needs a character adjustment. All along his friends thought it was the alcohol talking. However, as Howard told them a number of seasons ago when Penny was learning to bartend. "He's always a jerk. You just don't see it!"

Edited by SodidIwin?
  • Like 3

I'm kind of fed up with Raj hits on someone new every time there's a plot about him. I liked Yvette, but he had to back to getting rejected again. I don't know, I think it's getting old.

• Like 4

I'm kind of fed up with Raj hits on someone new every time there's a plot about him. I liked Yvette, but he had to back to getting rejected again. I don't know, I think it's getting old.

I thought when they brought in Yvette, and her having a bit of an edge, she would be able to set him straight. But I guess the writers want him to continue screwing up when meeting new women. It after all is a sitcom and it is funny watching Raj get rejected over and over again.

I loved that taping report! The fact that it's not detailed adds up to the excitement.

If anyone has any contact with that mystery man, could that person ask him if Sheldon and Howard cling to each other in the tag scene when they're scared? This is the only detail I wanna know about. That would totally make my week, lol.

I love seeing them together, absolutely love it. And Amy/Raj scenes? Another mention of the SIK? This is almost Christmas!

Edited by FrenchBBTfan
  • Like 2

I thought when they brought in Yvette, and her having a bit of an edge, she would be able to set him straight. But I guess the writers want him to continue screwing up when meeting new women. It after all is a sitcom and it is funny watching Raj get rejected over and over again.

But how many ways of getting rejected are there? They all seem the same to me, other than Lucy and the deaf girl. Raj says something stupid, girl gets fed up and leaves. This has been happening for 7 years now, alcohol or no alcohol. I just think that if it's clear they don't want to give him a steady girl any time soon, they should maybe think of something else to do with him for a little while. I loved him the most during the first half of the season when he was planning events and dinners for his friends. I also thought his interactions with Yvette were refreshing. Now he's slipping again down my character-ladder to the character I'm least interested in.

eta: Thank you mystery reporter!!! :) 

Edited by koops
  • Like 4

I agree with koops about Raj, and I don't care much for romantic plots involving him, to be honest, be it failed attempts or successful but short-lived ones.

Writers, bring back Sheldon vs. Raj scenes!

I loved seeing Raj dominate Sheldon in the earlier seasons. Well, actually in only two episodes if I remember correctly... Anyways, those two working together is gold. That's how I want to see Raj, as an astrophysicist. I think non-fans completely forgot he's super smart at this point.

Oh, and I have to add that a romantic plot with Raj would only interest me if it was with another man; why not make him a closeted bi ? Do they really think they would lose viewers ?

But who knows, maybe the writers will surprise me with an interesting new female character for him...

Edit n°536984257 : sorry about the multiple edits...

Edited by FrenchBBTfan
  • Like 3

Like Sheldon said "You're an astrophysicist. Get your mind back on the stars!" :p

• Like 6

I agree with koops about Raj, and I don't care much for romantic plots involving him, to be honest, be it failed attempts or successful but short-lived ones.

Writers, bring back Sheldon vs. Raj scenes!

I loved seeing Raj dominate Sheldon in the earlier seasons. Well, actually in only two episodes if I remember correctly... Anyways, those two working together is gold. That's how I want to see Raj, as an astrophysicist. I think non-fans completely forgot he's super smart at this point.

Oh, and I have to add that a romantic plot with Raj would only interest me if it was with another man; why not make him a closeted bi ? Do they really think they would lose viewers ?

But who knows, maybe the writers will surprise me with an interesting new female character for him...

Edit n°536984257 : sorry about the multiple edits...

What episode does raj dominate sheldon

I don't think Raj is bi.

But I agree that Raj's rejectionS are getting boring.

At first I didn't understand why, when Amy just wanted to help Raj to have a date, she would be the one ending up in going to the date.

But now, my idea is that even on line, Raj just can't do it. His mutism was not only physical. He just can't speak properly to a woman. Remember with the deaf girl, when Howard told him about the things he could say and things he couldn't say?

So now that he has recovered from his physical incapacity, the next move for him should be to learn how to have a good conversation with a woman. As long as he's trying to go directly to the spot without making progress on this issue, he would fail.

• Like 4

As for Yvette, maybe she'll come back later.
like Bernie when she was first introduced.
She ate with howard, they clicked when talking about their mother, then she disappeared for a while before coming back.

It has already happened, so, who knows.

Or maybe the fail Yvette/vet joke at the very end was meant to show he was going to screw up again

• Like 1

What episode does raj dominate sheldon

I was thinking about this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zix2eRjPFLk

And this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBkpThrZcg4

Edited by FrenchBBTfan
  • Like 4

Raj's relationship with Howard may us that he indeed  can go both ways. Perhaps his Indian upbringing stifled his ability to admit it. But he is much more comfortable with men and way too comfortable with Howard ( and Howard with him).

I agree that this constant search for "love" and  continuous rejections for acting stupid is getting boring. The Vet seemed to have seen Raj at his worst and accepted his quirks so it just was surprising that they didn't do anything with that relationship.