The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bigbangsheldon

S7 Spoilers

You know after seeing the table there, putting all the junk back in that place just makes it look like a junk pile, which is weird because Sheldon is so neat.  Now the old stuff there just looks like a waste of space.  Have they ever sat there and worked on anything?

This is why I wish Leonard could have a place of his own, then he could take his couch, table, and other things with him and Sheldon could go back to having the bare necessities in the apartment.  Leonard would be allowed to have whatever he wanted in his apartment without the man-child acting crazy because he has to be the winner all the time. 

• Like 1

This is why I wish Leonard could have a place of his own, then he could take his couch, table, and other things with him and Sheldon could go back to having the bare necessities in the apartment.  Leonard would be allowed to have whatever he wanted in his apartment without the man-child acting crazy because he has to be the winner all the time. 

The more I watch the show and hear other people's take on the situation, I beginning to think Leonard will never move further than across the hall, if even that.  I think the only character that will make a major move will be Amy.

• Like 1

The more I watch the show and hear other people's take on the situation, I beginning to think Leonard will never move further than across the hall, if even that.  I think the only character that will make a major move will be Amy.

I have to agree that the writers don't have the guts to let Leonard have a place of his own and I really doubt that they will let Leonard and Penny live together.  The shiny object aka Sheldon got to have Leonard for his whipping post and get his laugh off of, so I don't see anything good happening for Leonard down the line or ever to be honest.   

I can see Leonard turning fifty and still stuck with Sheldon because the writers won't do the right thing!

• Like 1

I can see Leonard turning fifty and still stuck with Sheldon because the writers won't do the right thing!

Now that would be a long running TV series.  LOL

• Like 1

I have to agree that the writers don't have the guts to let Leonard have a place of his own and I really doubt that they will let Leonard and Penny live together. The shiny object aka Sheldon got to have Leonard for his whipping post and get his laugh off of, so I don't see anything good happening for Leonard down the line or ever to be honest.

So you really think that little of the show and the writers? Then why do you care anymore?

They're not going to separate Sheldon and Leonard until probably the last season or something not because Leonard is some kind of whipping boy (is that really what you think of S&L's relationship?) but because the boy's apartment is the "home" setting for the while gang. It's like the living room set in All In the Family, essentially. The one place where they can gather the whole gang, etc.

But apparently you choose to interpret everything in the most negative--and I'd say skewed--way possible.

Edited by phantagrae
  • Like 4

The reason I have a hard time seeing Leonard move out is that half of the stuff in the apartment is his and it would be awkward seeing Sheldon's apartment with a different couch and half empty bookcases. Unless they do an episode when Leonard is moving out and they argue over which stuff is who's and in thr end thry have a touching moment when Leonard says he wants Sheldon to have his action figures.

The reason I have a hard time seeing Leonard move out is that half of the stuff in the apartment is his and it would be awkward seeing Sheldon's apartment with a different couch and half empty bookcases. Unless they do an episode when Leonard is moving out and they argue over which stuff is who's and in thr end thry have a touching moment when Leonard says he wants Sheldon to have his action figures.

That couch costed 100 bucks 10 years ago or so, he might very well leave it there, especially if he will move in with Penny.

• Like 1

That couch costed 100 bucks 10 years ago or so, he might very well leave it there, especially if he will move in with Penny.

That couch has to stay with Sheldon regardless.  What would he do without his beloved spot?

• Like 1

That couch has to stay with Sheldon regardless.  What would he do without his beloved spot?

Sit on Amy's lap?

• Like 5

No one is moving anywhere. And Leonard isn't some sort of victim, he has chosen to live with Sheldon for the last ten years. He has even signed a contract agreeing to everything.

• Like 1

Technically it was his spot when it was just a lawn chair, so it's not the couch it's the spot. But all things considered, I'm sure Leonard would leave Sheldon the couch and his spot.

• Like 1

Technically it was his spot when it was just a lawn chair, so it's not the couch it's the spot. But all things considered, I'm sure Leonard would leave Sheldon the couch and his spot.

I'm sure Sheldon will allow a table to stay in the apartment too.  Oh that's right he won't but Leonard is always suppose to be the giving one in the one-sided friendship. 

As for Sheldon spot he can get the lawn chair or another couch. 

• Like 1

So you really think that little of the show and the writers? Then why do you care anymore?

They're not going to separate Sheldon and Leonard until probably the last season or something not because Leonard is some kind of whipping boy (is that really what you think of S&L's relationship?) but because the boy's apartment is the "home" setting for the while gang. It's like the living room set in All In the Family, essentially. The one place where they can gather the whole gang, etc.

But apparently you choose to interpret everything in the most negative--and I'd say skewed--way possible.

It looks like the beginning of the show on Thursday IMO is the main theme of the show. The seven of them sitting together in S/L living room. How long would have "Cheers" lasted if they stopped showing the bar? If the show wasn't a comedy but a drama you could make a case of Leonard being a whipping boy to Leonard. But it's not. You can't take the S/L relationship, as frustrating at times, that seriously. Leonard living on his own, which is certainly possible, takes away from the comedy of the show. I mean if you have him move out and try to take the L/P relationship more seriously you might as well make the show an hour and put it on between "The Good Wife" and "NCIS".

• Like 1

It looks like the beginning of the show on Thursday IMO is the main theme of the show. The seven of them sitting together in S/L living room. How long would have "Cheers" lasted if they stopped showing the bar? If the show wasn't a comedy but a drama you could make a case of Leonard being a whipping boy to Leonard. But it's not. You can't take the S/L relationship, as frustrating at times, that seriously. Leonard living on his own, which is certainly possible, takes away from the comedy of the show. I mean if you have him move out and try to take the L/P relationship more seriously you might as well make the show an hour and put it on between "The Good Wife" and "NCIS".

This is what I'm saying.  It doesn't help to try to take the show too seriously and think of the relationships in "realistic", dramatic terms.  They're always going to be exaggerating everyone's basic quirks and weaknesses for the comedic effect and they're not going to be "growing up" any time soon.  And the basis of almost every show on TV is the idea of "this is the premise and this is the setting" and then you simply work around that.

Some shows can allow for faster, more radical change, but that's pretty rare, unless it's something like Breaking Bad where there's a certain kind of point you kind of have to get to and where the story can't really be drawn out forever.

In this case, there's no real need to change things very quickly or to even couple everybody up right away.  Though we have couples now that are really pretty stable (except for Raj), that coupling up was never the real premise of the show, so it's not the be-all/end-all of the show.

Keeping the status quo on the boys' apartment is part of the grounding of the show and will probably only ever be changed when TPTB know they're in the last season of the show and they start tying up all the dangling threads to make some kind of final gesture.

On friends, they shuffled living arrangements around a bit, but their circumstances, characters and relationships were different.  I figure TBBT will end with either both guys moving out of the apartment, to go live with their girlfriends/get married or whatever, or else L/P will finally get married and Amy will move into the apartment or something like that.

I do get the feeling, though, that they might have both guys move out and leave the apartment set empty of all furniture, etc..

Anyway, I don't really care to speculate about any of that because I'm not eager to alter that aspect of the status quo at this point.  I don't think anyone has to move in with anyone at this point, either.  Just because L/P are together as a couple doesn't mean they have to live together.  I think they live close enough, being across the hall, that they both have the opportunity to be together when they want to be and have space when they need it.

They'll eventually get married, and for now, I think that's enough.

I still love the living arrangements the way they are.  JMO

• Like 2

I'm sure Sheldon will allow a table to stay in the apartment too.  Oh that's right he won't but Leonard is always suppose to be the giving one in the one-sided friendship. 

As for Sheldon spot he can get the lawn chair or another couch.

Sheldon's OCD manifests itself in a fear of change, it's quite a common trait. It's not something he can control. I love that Leonard is understanding, he's a sweetie. For those who argue that Sheldon's OCD obsessions seem to come and go, well, they are linked to anxiety levels and exacerbate with stress. My work colleague has OCD and has spent all of today worrying he has contracted AIDS because he cut his hand on the lock in the toilet. Poor guy, his fear is very genuine. It must be a living hell, I can't help but sympathise.

Sheldon has made the couch the embodiment of his "spot" as we found out with the Penny paintball accident on the seat cushion.  He made no equivalency to a coordinate in the room [0,0,0,0] when Leonard told him that the couch was now his spot. Wac-a-doodle.

I'm with you, Leonard should just give him that $100 sofa when he leaves.

Edited by BangerMain

I'm with you, Leonard should just give him that $100 sofa when he leaves.

I just have to ask... why should Leonard give it to Sheldon?

Because it doesn't have a matching love seat?   :dancer:

• Like 1

Ok, nerd alert.

BBTpaid so much attention to detail on the space Shuttle, trains etc, etc... This airplane is COMPLETELY wrong.

1. The interior show airbus style windows and a 2-4-2 seating config which would put the aircraft as a possible A330/40 criteria.

2. The exterior shows a 747-300

3. Both the above points suggest 2 completely different aircraft manufacturer.

4. No airline in the US airline operates the 747-300 nor A330/40 (apart from US Airways but it's long haul only)

5. Even if they did. The 747-3, A330/40 would not be used on a domestic such as LAX-Houston.

*breaths* :p

• Like 6

Because he won't need it? Because he understands its importance to Sheldon? Because they would be nothing appealing about seeing Leonard act mean and petty towards Sheldon? To be nasty about it would only be a reflection on him. 

Edited by DaisyJane
  • Like 3

Ok, nerd alert.

BBTpaid so much attention to detail on the space Shuttle, trains etc, etc... This airplane is COMPLETELY wrong.

1. The interior show airbus style windows and a 2-4-2 seating config which would put the aircraft as a possible A330/40 criteria.

2. The exterior shows a 747-300

3. Both the above points suggest 2 completely different aircraft manufacturer.

4. No airline in the US airline operates the 747-300 nor A330/40 (apart from US Airways but it's long haul only)

5. Even if they did. The 747-3, A330/40 would not be used on a domestic such as LAX-Houston.

*breaths* :p

You sound like Eric now on the Vday episode ;)

• Like 1

You sound like Eric now on the Vday episode ;)

And?