The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bigbangsheldon

S7 Spoilers

I am totally surprised that no one speculated that The Mommy Observation could be in reference to seeing Mrs. Wolowitz.

• Like 1

I am totally surprised that no one speculated that The Mommy Observation could be in reference to seeing Mrs. Wolowitz.

I did, but probably under a different thread. 

Mary's reaction + Amy's reaction = LMAO!!

= Shelly in the doghouse!

• Like 4

Leonard wins the tenure and Beverly's observation about that is shown.....

My top guesses are: Mrs. Wolowitz, Mrs. Fowler, or something happens with Bernie to make her reconsider being a Mom. It's always possible that either Sheldon or Leonard's mother shows up for something, but I feel like usually that would be hyped in some way, or scheduled more for sweeps. Anything can happen, and honestly, all of the options seem like winners to me. Dealing with the Moms is always fun.

• Like 1

And yes, I liked it when Leslie called Sheldon a dumbass, the first time. It got to repetitive after that.

Oh, you mean repetitive like Leonard's mother treating him (really everyone except Sheldon) like dog shit every time she is on the show?  The character is more obnoxious and grating than Sheldon.  Yes, that is her purpose.  Yes, it gets old.

Or how about Mary at the guys apartment and Kripke comes over and decides to ask her about her "wild thing" son?

Oh I would love this, but JRB usually tweets about being on the set for rehearsal, so don't think he's involved (sadly).

Oh, you mean repetitive like Leonard's mother treating him (really everyone except Sheldon) like dog shit every time she is on the show?  The character is more obnoxious and grating than Sheldon.  Yes, that is her purpose.  Yes, it gets old.

There is a difference between someones personality and using the same phrases.

If they had given Leslie some other ways to make fun of Sheldon, I would have liked it much better. That's the kind of repetition I dislike.

My first thought on hearing the title was it having to do with Mary, because although others have used the word Mommy on occasion, Sheldon is the one who uses that term the most often and the most openly.

And the term "observation", apart from the first idea of someone being observed or observing, I also thought of observation as in someone pointing out something, saying something, as in making an observation.

It's a subtle difference, but the word could be interpreted either way.

But I also like the "Three Girls and a Baby" scenario. That so needs to be written!

• Like 6

My first thought on hearing the title was it having to do with Mary, because although others have used the word Mommy on occasion, Sheldon is the one who uses that term the most often and the most openly.

And the term "observation", apart from the first idea of someone being observed or observing, I also thought of observation as in someone pointing out something, saying something, as in making an observation.

It's a subtle difference, but the word could be interpreted either way.

But I also like the "Three Girls and a Baby" scenario. That so needs to be written!

"Hey, you two are in love, ha?" (To Shamy)

I know, it won't be it, but I like to picture this scenario :girlsigh:

• Like 1

What strikes me as unusual is the use of the word "Mommy" instead of "Motherly" or "Maternal", which is something that sounds a lot more typical for a TBBT title. So I think there must be a specific reason for using that term, and I'm not sure it simply involves one of the mothers observing something or being observed.... Mmmmm. It is so much fun to speculate with these titles though :p

• Like 6

It's gonna be interesting to see if it's a 'Mommy who observates' or an 'Observation of a mommy'.. cause with that title it really could be either.

If the title would have been "The observation mommy" we'd most sertainly could assume it to be the first option.

Edited by Jaime

What strikes me as unusual is the use of the word "Mommy" instead of "Motherly" or "Maternal", which is something that sounds a lot more typical for a TBBT title. So I think there must be a specific reason for using that term, and I'm not sure it simply involves one of the mothers observing something or being observed.... Mmmmm. It is so much fun to speculate with these titles though :p

But what could it be then?

About Bernie since she acts like Howards mom sometimes? Or Penny with Sheldon?

And yes, it's fun to speculate on something that hasn't even been confirmed yet ;)

Maybe, and I'm going out on a limb here, Penny finds out she's expecting a baby, but doesn't know whether to keep it or not and doesn't tell Leonard, then Leonard says something about her being such a good 'mommy' to Sheldon, thus making an 'observation, and she decides to keep it and tell him.

This scenario is quite unlikely, but there is still a teensy possibility of it happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe, and I'm going out on a limb here, Penny finds out she's expecting a baby, but doesn't know whether to keep it or not and doesn't tell Leonard, then Leonard says something about her being such a good 'mommy' to Sheldon, thus making an 'observation, and she decides to keep it and tell him.

This scenario is quite unlikely, but there is still a teensy possibility of it happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my, I would love it. But very unlikely :(

I would personally love if the title had to do something Sheldon experimenting kissing Amy like "mommies and daddies do", as in Amy's daydream. I doubt it of course, but, there is only so much I can ask. ;)

• Like 3

I would personally love if the title had to do something Sheldon experimenting kissing Amy like "mommies and daddies do", as in Amy's daydream. I doubt it of course, but, there is only so much I can ask. ;)

That could be the deliberate reason they chose 'mommy' instead of 'maternal', like they would normally go for.

That could be the deliberate reason they chose 'mommy' instead of 'maternal', like they would normally go for.

And the rest of the gang keep observing them ;)

But I doubt it, still think it will involve one of their mothers.

And the rest of the gang keep observing them ;)

But I doubt it, still think it will involve one of their mothers.

It could be Penny's mom, maybe they got Lisa Kudrow? But we would have heard by now if a famous actress was to appear on the series, so I'd rule out Beverly and Mary (and any famous actresses playing Penny's mom).

Sounds more like it'd be "tonight, on a Very Special Episode of The Big Bang Theory..." together with a Very Serious Announcer saying it in a Very Intense Manner. ;)

Sounds more like it'd be "tonight, on a Very Special Episode of The Big Bang Theory..." together with a Very Serious Announcer saying it in a Very Intense Manner. ;)

Yeah, ain't nobody gettin' pregnant any time soon.

• Like 1

Guys I'll be going to the taping on April 1st!!

It's a dream come true, thanks Chloe for getting me a ticket! :D

Congratulations! That's wonderful. :D

• Like 1

LOL, that was probably one of Chloe's conditions for helping get the ticket. j/k Chloe.

• Like 4