The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bigbangsheldon

S7 Spoilers

Skull, please bear in mind that with your spelling mistakes, your posts are sometimes hard to read (even more for non-native english speakers, we can have difficulties recognizing the original words), so can you make an effort correcting it ?
Thanks

• Like 3

I said keypad not keyboard, im on my small phone as my laptop is still getting fixed. I just dont see what was so confusing or vague aboit my posts, i meant just cos you ship lenny for instance, doesent mean your biast, just who you choose to ship as a personal preferance. But its not like you have to hold up a sign Lenny here sorry if my response or opinion comes across as biast, ppl should be able to post freely without genralizations all im saying.

Good thing I've got my secret decoder ring on...

I don't think the issue is with people making assumptions about who is a Lenny or a Shamy or whatever. The issue really is about improper generalizations, in assuming that one's own opinion is representative of the majority, etc..

Not everyones like this, but some posters walk on eggshells around these threada, particularly shamys can be a tad sensitive. Some i hear just lurk because they are afraid even an constructive oppossing opinion may rock the boat. Its okat not to like any of the ships, as long as its in reason. I dont think chrismo was being rude but when you basically say shamy finalie suck it up, especially seeing it implys some form of bitterness that shamy dont get enough air time, well they hv seeing most of the main plots this year hv bn shamy. Lots of ppl watch this show, so nt everyone wants a shamy or lenny dominated finalie, like ten said pratically every finalie as involved lenny, regarsless of what antyon says theyre still the most importany couple in the show, theyre the core, they really are the social nuclues of the group, that ties all other relationaships together. Ppl need to stop bickering regardless of who you ship this is the big bang theory, were all on the same team and fandom.. tbh if anything its gonna be a howardette finalie.

Leonard and Penny were essentially the nucleus of the group as individuals even at times they were not a couple. Some times ship talk gets really silly. Why can't we just enjoy TBBT and all the characters?

• Like 4

Leonard and Penny were essentially the nucleus of the group as individuals even at times they were not a couple. Some times ship talk gets really silly. Why can't we just enjoy TBBT and all the characters?

Exactly, why always try to claim one ship or another as the "best" couple, or the nucleus of the group.

Shamy isn't, Lenny isn't etc. etc.

I sort of expect the finale to center around Penny and her acting, because they have been doing some very heavy scenes associated with it, the second half of the season. It also is a good plot for a cliffhanger. Even though the SIK was priceless and awesome, the aftermath was not a cliffhanger, so a Shamy relationship scene would not be appropriate for the finale..... Unless they would do something off the wall like a Shamy breakup.

• Like 1

Exactly, why always try to claim one ship or another as the "best" couple, or the nucleus of the group.

Which was my original comment I pointed out three pages ago. In this case it was a Shamy fan who was doing the claiming. There is a thread for Shamy and Lenny's to be as biased as they want. This one isn't it.
  • Like 1

Which was my original comment I pointed out three pages ago. In this case it was a Shamy fan who was doing the claiming. There is a thread for Shamy and Lenny's to be as biased as they want. This one isn't it.

May I ask you what you believe this thread is for then? Isn't this about season 7 and the show as a whole? That would encompass all ships and frankly we can talk about whatever we want. Lenny, Shamy, Howardette. There is no reason why we can't talk about them here.

Edited by denajeanx
  • Like 1

I made that very clear in the Leonard/Penny thread intro. Just because there is a thread for what people think are good things, does not mean those things cannot be posted in other threads. It's just that in these other threads, your opinion is likely to be challenged, which is fine.

May I ask you what you believe this thread is for then? Isn't this about season 7 and the show as a whole? That would encompass all ships and frankly we can talk about whatever we want. Lenny, Shamy, Howardette. There is no reason why we can't talk about them here.

But when someone comes on her stating it's a fact that everyone wants a shamy finale its going be challenged. If the person gives an opinion on what they think is going to happen that's fine. If I come on here and say everyone wants Amy to cheat on Sheldon with Raj that's not an opinion. If I come on here and say I think the finale is going to have Amy cheat on Sheldon with Raj that's an opinion.

This is two entirely different issues. To say one ship is better than another is purely one fan or group of fans opinion. Each of the ships have their own special quality they bring to the show. However, when you start saying that no particular ship is the nucleous of the show then you are simply ignoring one of the whole premises of the show. From the very first episode it was Leonard with an enormous crush on the unattainable beautiful girl across the hall. No matter if they were a couple or not a main portion of the show was their interaction. It always has been and always will be.

But the true nucleous relationship of TBBT is actually the three characters Penny, Leonard and Sheldon. They are the big three that everything else feeds off of. That is the true nuclei of the show. That premise will never change no matter which romantic ship you think is best IMHO.

• Like 2

But when someone comes on her stating it's a fact that everyone wants a shamy finale its going be challenged. If the person gives an opinion on what they think is going to happen that's fine. If I come on here and say everyone wants Amy to cheat on Sheldon with Raj that's not an opinion. If I come on here and say I think the finale is going to have Amy cheat on Sheldon with Raj that's an opinion.

Exactly. It is fine to have opinions. However, I do recall a few posts ago where you said Shamys and Lennys should go to their respective threads, which is what I was taking issue with.

I have to agree with SoDidIWin on this one. I think it's pointless to say which couple is better, because that's a matter of preference. But the nucleus of the show is really Sheldon, Penny and Leonard. If anything, I think Leonard is the nucleus of the whole show, as he is the bridge between Sheldon and Penny themselves, and is the one who brought in Howard and Raj originally. It's around Leonard that the clique of the 4 boys is formed, and Leonard pulled in Penny as well. I don't feel that the nucleus is really any one particular couple so much as it is the individual of Leonard.

• Like 2

Exactly. It is fine to have opinions. However, I do recall a few posts ago where you said Shamys and Lennys should go to their respective threads, which is what I was taking issue with.

But when you say "everyone wants a shamy finale" it probably is better to say it on the Shamy thread. Because for a fact that "opinion" was wrong.

I stated it before and I will state it again.  This is an ensemble cast.  There will be two finale episodes just like there were last year (these being 7.23 and 7.24).   Some of the cast will get their finale story in one episode, the others in the other episode, but all end up getting some story told in a finale episode.   Why are we fighting over this?  We saw last year that the full cast was used in 6.23 and Shamy had their finale in that episode.   Then in 6.24 again we saw the full  cast and Lenny had their finale in that episode.   Everyone will get something and it doesn't matter if it is in episode 7.23 or 7.24.  It still means that it is a finale story they are getting.   I will grant you that some characters/couples get more "set up" than others for the following year, but that does not make their characters less important. 

For example in 5.24 Howardette were set up the most in that episode, Shamy had had a great story in 5.23 but still had the Sheldon initiated hand-hold in 5.24.   Likewise, in 5.23 Leonard/Penny had an up and down episode with the proposal in bed, which carried through in 5.24 but ended with them holding hands as well and setting the stage for S6 where Penny finally tells Leonard she loves him .  So even though Howardette were the most central, everyone had a story.  Likewise in S6.  Shamy had the D&D game in 6.23and Leonard going off to the North Sea was the Lenny finale in 6.24.   But also in 6.24 Raj gets his heart broken by Lucy and thereby setting up his story for S7.  Howardette had less of a set-up, but still were prominent in 6.23 during the D&D game.  Their set-up was more that they have been adjusting to marriage and still were happy, which has carried through for S7.  The point is, they all had story and so will everyone in S7 finale.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 9

You are correct Star. I think some posters unfortunately though feel the need to speak on others posters behalf.

I would just like to say:  goodbye to the hoodies!  Very much liking Leonard without them.

Okay back to the ship wars...

• Like 4

I would just like to say:  goodbye to the hoodies!  Very much liking Leonard without them.

He kind of looks like an adult now.

He kind of looks like an adult now.

That's a good thing since I'm a grandma and well don't want to be that much of a cougar...

• Like 2

But when you say "everyone wants a shamy finale" it probably is better to say it on the Shamy thread. Because for a fact that "opinion" was wrong.

Again, I have to agree with Chrismo here.

I think there are two different discussions/arguments/points being addressed as if there were only one.

No one has said that people can't gush about whichever ship they love the most.  Yes, this is for talking about the whole show, spoilers, parsing theories--including about what may or may not be in the finale and why.

BUT, what everyone has seemingly overlooked was that Chrismo's original point--which became obscured because of skewed responses to it--was that a declaration was made as if it was fact--that "everyone" wanted a Shamy finale.

That was the only thing that was objected to--presenting one's personal wish as if it represented the whole fandom.

Though Chrismo mentioned that such things can be done in the individual ship threads--if you want to say, "I think we all want a Shamy finale!", you can do that in the Shamy thread and probably no one would question you, although you'd still be attempting to speak for everyone--I don't think he intended to say that people could or should not talk about their ship preferences in this thread.

Just don't state things as if you're speaking for the whole fandom.

I had the same reaction when people were talking as if the whole fandom was "getting fed up" with this thing or that thing, when in fact that's not true.  State your opinions as your opinions, but don't try to make it seem like your opinion is a fact or representative of everyone.

Unless you have poll results handy, you can't presume to speak for anyone but yourself.

• Like 5

That's a good thing since I'm a grandma and well don't want to be that much of a cougar...

In your avatar, are those your grand-babies?  They are adorable!   I agree that I like Leonard without the hoodies.   It is time he dress more his age.   :girlwink:

Hey Kasey, Leonard didn't completely get rid of the hoodies as he had on one early in the episode ---- see the scene with him and Penny by the elevator.

I posted in L/P Spoiler Thread that I notice that Leonard didn't have on a hoodie when he and Penny where in her apartment/car scene.  

Hey don't get to happy about the hoodie being gone, I'm sure they will be back.  lol

I noticed Leonard cute outfits. Maybe penny is influencing his wardrobe.

I LOVE Bernadette w a pony tail.

• Like 1

I noticed Leonard cute outfits. Maybe penny is influencing his wardrobe.

Or maybe Leonard is the one influencing his wardrobe.  I would hope Leonard learned from the Priya relationship not to change your clothes or anything else unless it is something he wants to do.  

Also wouldn't people have to be upset with Penny since she is trying to change Leonard, since most claimed to hate Priya for this very reason.

All I know is I don't like Leonard's appearance WITHOUT the hoodie! But that's just my opinion.

I thought it was a nice change and as I posted to Kasey, I doubt the hoodies are gone for good as he did have on one early on the episode.