The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bigbangsheldon

S7 Spoilers

I noted that Lio had added something about how Jim protested about how he thought his delivery of a line was fine when they demanded a redo.

I wonder if Jim got a little bit frustrated with himself during this taping, as he usually don't mess up so much.

I noted that Lio had added something about how Jim protested about how he thought his delivery of a line was fine when they demanded a redo.

I wonder if Jim got a little bit frustrated with himself during this taping, as he usually don't mess up so much.

I was thinking the same. I thought of the spanking scene, and how he didn't know until taping night that it would be on camera, causing him to make mistakes. I wonder if the original script had them doing something different, but was changed last second, throwing him off?

• Like 1

Lio edited and added a few bits to her report on FF.  I don't know if the edits have been applied here.

I think the episode isn't about 2nd chances, directly, but about indecision.  Penny and whether or not to take the SA part, Raj and which girl to date, or whether to try to date both of them, and of course, Sheldon and his consoles.

In the end Sheldon, of course, is the only one who doesn't make a decision.

Edited by phantagrae

Lio edited and added a few bits to her report on FF.  I don't know if the edits have been applied here.

I think the episode isn't about 2nd chances, directly, but about indecision.  Penny and whether or not to take the SA part, Raj and which girl to date, or whether to try to date both of them, and of course, Sheldon and his consoles.

In the end Sheldon, of course, is the only one who doesn't make a decision.

You are probably right about it being indecision. Although it was important for Raj and Penny to make the right decision. Sheldon's indecision, of the three, was the least important IMO.

When I read the report I was left with the impression that Raj's story is the A plot. Since I haven't watched the episode I can't be sure but I think this will boost his ego and make him realize that he just needs to be himself. I hope he will keep this attitude up for the rest of the season.

It also looks like a pretty big episode for Penny too. The Apist movie really is beneath her but she has to start from somewhere and she has to make some money. I think she will be pretty pleased for herself if she manages to earn the money she needs by doing something she loves. Also I hope more theater jobs for Penny.

Shamy is kind of the backround at this episode.It is important for their relationship but I think they are trying to make kissing for them "not such a big deal" (though for me even looks are a huge deal lol) so that it could become a regular thing from now on(at least I hope so!!!!) One can maybe make some observations about the way Sheldon reviews his choices (and Lio made an INCREDIBLE analysis somewhere -can't remember the thread) but I doubt that story is there in order to lead somewhere likes Raj's and Penny's. It's more like Mayim said that they are trying to explore their relationship a little more.

It seems like a very good episode :)

Also I hope more theater jobs for Penny.

Yeah, Penny needs to come to Florida, for a few live theatre roles. ;)

• Like 1

Sheldon, Amy, Penny and Raj are my faves, and they all have really great plots for their character so this episode could not be better for me.

I'm still not over it. :icon_cry: :icon_cry: I can't.

And Wheaton is my favourite guest star. :icon_cry:  :icon_cry:  :icon_cry:  :icon_cry:  :icon_cry:  :icon_cry:  :icon_cry:

Edited by bigbangsheldon
  • Like 1

They're acting like Serial Apeist is becoming a cult classic, which might mean good things for Penny's career in the long run.

Yeah, Penny needs to come to Florida, for a few live theatre roles. ;)

You know I would think if TPTB for Serial Apeist specifically called her to be in the movie, even though it is a "B" movie, it would mean something that they thought enough of her to do the sequel. With all the girls in Hollywood like her, she probably was not called back because she works cheap.

They're acting like Serial Apeist is becoming a cult classic, which might mean good things for Penny's career in the long run.

Ha,ha.. Like Planet of the Apes.

Serial Apeist was introduced for a reason so I feel it will live on the rest of the season.

Serial Apeist was introduced for a reason so I feel it will live on the rest of the season.

I have been wondering if this is the way the tag from 7.01 will be brought up again.  I know most Leonard Fans disliked it that more than words can express.  

I do hope it will leave to Penny getting at least some national commercials aka Priceline type.

Wouldn't it be funny, if Serial Apeist did turn into a cult film and Penny had to do appearances, maybe some with Will.  She could complain she had no idea it would have gotten so big and she wished she had asked for more money or a percentage.

• Like 2

They're acting like Serial Apeist is becoming a cult classic, which might mean good things for Penny's career in the long run.

She could end up at COMIC CON because it became so popular.

• Like 2

She could end up at COMIC CON because it became so popular.

This would be awesome. 

But I can't wait for the day she gets cast in something big because of the Serial Apeist! Probably a sitcom about nerds. And she gets the role because she knows a lot about it. Kinda like her script about a girl from Nebraska. But this time she gets cast as the blonde girl next door in a sitcom about nerds.

• Like 1

I don't know how the show is going to appear when it's all strung together, but to be honest, I didn't feel like there was an A, B and C plot here. They seemed to get equal measure. Also, the issue of indecision runs through all of the plots - Raj, Penny, and Sheldon are suffering from it, and the gang each play a part in trying to help the 3 of them with their issues both together and separate. Amy helps Sheldon, Leonard helps Penny, the gang helps and encourages Raj, Wil comes to help Penny, etc.

It's hard for me to tell, because some scenes were only shown or ran live once, while other scenes were done again and again with small variations, so perhaps I don't have a sense of how long some scenes run in comparison to other scenes. However, I have to say that the episode is just packed full of moments which run back-to-back-to-back, and some of them will fly by really quickly. Nevertheless, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Penny's acting thing is probably the A-plot, Raj and Emily the B-Plot, and Shamy the C-Plot, if I am FORCED to rank them. However, I feel that it's all woven together pretty well, and I don't feel there's a truly heavy emphasis on any of the plots being more important than the other, and then theme for them is the same across them all.

I think that one of the most powerful things about this episode, and about the Mother episode which you guys will see when it airs tonight, is that it's going to redeem some of the more controversial things which happened earlier this season. Such as Penny quitting her job and her and Leonard fighting about it, questions about the rigidity of the Relationship Agreement and how flexible Sheldon will be moving forward, and IF he is moving forward at all (I think he is, massively, and the Mother episode is really critical in its remarks about Sheldon's inner workings), and about Raj slowly beginning to merge into one more balanced, healthy person. Raj has always had this Jekyll and Hyde personality, and with his selective mutism being cured, he's slowly starting to merge all of that together into one more balanced person.

So, all in all, I really feel that the Indecision episode is very balanced, and it's continuing to move "the big questions" forward sort of episode. A huge indicator that the continuity I've been complaining about is being addressed. They ARE going somewhere.

Edited by Lionne
  • Like 6

So after reading the report does the Shamy scene "fight" over the butter has sexual tension vibes at the very end? If it does that's huge in terms of Sheldon's characterization.

• Like 2

I will laugh so hard if Serial Apist turns out to be the snowball that gets Penny's career going. Particularly given the "shock & horror!" expressed here to Leonard's pride in her work and that she got the girls out onscreen. LOL.

• Like 2

You are probably right about it being indecision. Although it was important for Raj and Penny to make the right decision. Sheldon's indecision, of the three, was the least important IMO.

Penny's decision was supported by Leonard. It seemed to also be the advice given by tbbt Wil W. I can't help but wonder if Wil had some hidden motive (given the last time he gave Penny advice and he has been motivated by self interest ).

What possible self interest motive could Wil have this time. I was thinking about that. With that thought I started to speculate perhaps he is more involved financially in the project than he has let on. Just speculation. Perhaps there is something else that will be revealed in a future episode or perhaps not.

• Like 1

Penny's decision was supported by Leonard. It seemed to also be the advice given by tbbt Wil W. I can't help but wonder if Wil had some hidden motive (given the last time he gave Penny advice and he has been motivated by self interest ).

What possible self interest motive could Wil have this time. I was thinking about that. With that thought I started to speculate perhaps he is more involved financially in the project than he has let on. Just speculation. Perhaps there is something else that will be revealed in a future episode or perhaps not.

Penny's decision was supported by Leonard but then again he thought she should of took it to begin with. Maybe Leonard talked to Wil about getting her the part?

Penny's decision was supported by Leonard but then again he thought she should of took it to begin with. Maybe Leonard talked to Wil about getting her the part?

I think Leonard felt it would at least be acting. I don't think he talked to Wil. At least not initially.

Gosh I never thought of that anyway.

• Like 1

I will laugh so hard if Serial Apist turns out to be the snowball that gets Penny's career going. Particularly given the "shock & horror!" expressed here to Leonard's pride in her work and that she got the girls out onscreen. LOL.

Can you imagine Penny running into the guys apartment, when everyone is there, jumping up and down, excited, "I'm going to be on Letterman!"  Too funny.

• Like 4