The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bigbangsheldon

S7 Spoilers

I agree with you on all of them except Lenny, because I don't see them not breaking up and acting as a married couple as progression. When you think about it they are just dating and sleeping together, there is no real commitment there. The most commitment and love the whole season, between them was Leonard buying her a car, in her hour of need, and to tell you the truth, I could see Leonard doing that even if they weren't dating, the only difference being she would try to pay him back.

I would have to somewhat disagree. I sort of look at it like bowling. Shamy has a 100 average and Lenny has a 200 average. Since 300 is the best you can get there is more upside to Shamy than Lenny. SIK which is a big deal to Shamy fans is a non story to Lenny fans. The same goes if Shamy ever sleep together. While you are right that Lenny won't break up you couldn't say that last year. Penny quitting her job was progression because Lenny's relationship before quitting was stalled. The Proton episode to come appears to be a big Lenny story. Marriage has really been discussed this year. If you are looking to try compare dramatic moments between Shamy and Lenny this year you can't because many of Lenny's have happened in past years.
  • Like 1

Also, Mena or Happy if you remember...After Amy's line, "lets go in" and Sheldon waking up naked in bed the next morning were they trying to mess with the viewers for a second to have us think that Amy and Sheldon slept together? Before panning over to the book? LOL They love messing with us if so!!  :p

I thought the same thing when I read that scene. I really hope that is what it plays out as on screen.

1) that would be hilarious, even though they are teasing us

2) everytime they've 'teased' us, something has come out of it later down the line. (not implying they'll have coitus, but maybe some other compromising situation)

Edited by denajeanx
  • Like 3

Guys thank you so much for the report and all the info you provided!!!! I can only imagine how difficult this must be so thank you again!!! :) :) :)

• Like 1

I can't get over how much Sheldon is developing / changing.

This this SO a finale build up...

• Like 3

I don't know why it's so impossible to enjoy seeing them so together. Just because they're not married or engaged doesn't mean there's no commitment between them.

I don't think so, or they would have made that the focus, I think. But instead they teased that idea only to have it turn out to be Sheldon doing "hanky-panty" with the geology book. Very clever, IMO. ;)

. There is complete commitment between them. We all accept the fact that Leonard is committed to Penny. What many don't see is her equal (though not realized by her) commitment. I really think she committed herself to him in S6. Her ILY showed that. Sure she may not be ready for marriage and her career issues need to be solved, but she is his. One thing that never gets mentioned is the fact that she waited for him while he was on the Hawking expedition. If there was not an equal commitment on her part, why would she wait for and remain with him?

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

• Like 3

I can't get over how much Sheldon is developing / changing.

This this SO a finale build up...

A finale with Penny going away for a couple months on an acting job and an 'I Love You' from Sheldon to Amy, would make a pretty big two plot finale.

• Like 6

Yes they made it seem like Amy was next to him. They very slowly panned away from him and over to the geology book. I was thinking, "it better not be Amy, it better not be Amy, it better not be Amy". As happy I would be if Sheldon and Amy slept together (with or without sex), it should not happen with her taking him to his room while he is drunk.

Oh, this is fantastic. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sheldon had a one night stand with a Geology book. I can't even deal. This made my morning so much better.

• Like 1

Yes they made it seem like Amy was next to him. They very slowly panned away from him and over to the geology book. I was thinking, "it better not be Amy, it better not be Amy, it better not be Amy". As happy I would be if Sheldon and Amy slept together (with or without sex), it should not happen with her taking him to his room while he is drunk.

Ya know, the panning is very similar to the season four finale seeing all the clothes then the reveal of Penny and Raj. In that case, it was something unexpected. In this case, there would be one expectation that gets subverted.

Ya know, the panning is very similar to the season four finale seeing all the clothes then the reveal of Penny and Raj. In that case, it was something unexpected. In this case, there would be one expectation that gets subverted.

. Get shivers just thinking about that episode...

Tapatalk

• Like 5

Mayim said something in an interview along the lines that the writers plant little seeds along the way, that become major things latter in the season. While we all would like things to be done this season, at this point, those little seeds could be something for next season. Something about all this moving on, and Sheldon getting more and more comfortable with Amy, brings to mind (to me at least) for the season finale that something happens between Leonard and Sheldon (Possibly that tenure thing. I see Leonard getting it as Sheldon getting it wouldn't have the same dramatic effect. The way Leonard is written, he would not get as upset as Sheldon would if Leonard got it)

This divides them and Penny and Amy support their partners to the point that Leonard threatens to move out again, only this time Penny tells him if he needs to, he can move in with her and Sheldon says fine, Amy can take Leonard's bedroom. (does he really move out? Tune in for the premiere of season 8 in September). Note, that it isn't a sure thing here. It still gives the writers choices on how to proceed, and give a good cliffhanger for the season finale.

I like the scenario but don't buy Amy moving in. My take would be Sheldon suggests it(without thinking) but Amy would say no because she would be just Leonard's replacement. She would want it in the girlfriend/boyfriend agreement and I can't picture Sheldon going along with that. I could see that being somewhat of a cliffhanger over the summer.
  • Like 2

I agree with you on all of them except Lenny, because I don't see them not breaking up and acting as a married couple as progression. When you think about it they are just dating and sleeping together, there is no real commitment there. The most commitment and love the whole season, between them was Leonard buying her a car, in her hour of need, and to tell you the truth, I could see Leonard doing that even if they weren't dating, the only difference being she would try to pay him back.

I believe Penny is even more commited than Leonard (or at least even). She just doesn't realize it! Remember the box of her Leonard-mementos? That was a HUGE proof of commitment! She kept all these things, even when they weren't dating, like if it's a natural thing to do. But it's really not. Think about it!

. Get shivers just thinking about that episode...

Tapatalk

You know how dedicated I am to Lenny, but yet, that particular episode doesn't bother me. Which seems to be unusual among Lenny's.

I like the scenario but don't buy Amy moving in. My take would be Sheldon suggests it(without thinking) but Amy would say no because she would be just Leonard's replacement. She would want it in the girlfriend/boyfriend agreement and I can't picture Sheldon going along with that. I could see that being somewhat of a cliffhanger over the summer.

Amy would jump at the chance to move in with Sheldon no matter what the circumstances. She tried to trick Sheldon into moving in with her in the table episode. She wouldn't care why, she would just care that it happened.

• Like 2

Amy would jump at the chance to move in with Sheldon no matter what the circumstances. She tried to trick Sheldon into moving in with her in the table episode. She wouldn't care why, she would just care that it happened.

Agreed.  They've driven that point home too many times now that to have her backtrack away and suddenly not jump at the chance to move in would be OOC at this point.  I just can't see her saying no... it would be too out of left field at this point in her character development.

• Like 1

And moving in to Leonard's room is not quite the same as living together and sleeping in the same bed.

• Like 2

Thank you Happy Kitty, Menamena, and Dana for your inputs.   It looks like a great episode. I can't wait to watch it.  It sounds like Raj and Emily may be a good match after all.  I like that for a number of reasons.  First, I like the actress playing her, second I like that Amy had a hand in them initially making contact (repayment for Raj setting up she and Sheldon), and third because she has a history with Howard it makes it far more interesting.   Plus it is nice to see him happy and having an intelligent woman who doesn't have social anxieties, etc.  

I also am thrilled with the Sheldon career crisis.  Very realistic and I can't wait to see where they go with that.   I also love his immediately thinking of Amy first thing when he wakes up and wanting to apologize to her.  That shows a lot of progress with our boy.   Love that they are having a lot more physical contact as well. :girlwink:

Not much Lenny in this, but they are together and sound happy and that is good as well.

Howard and Bernadette also get a little interest here because of the Emily back-story. I like that they have something come up that makes their story a bit more spicy as well.

Tensor, I like that scenario a lot!  I could definitely see that being the "cliffhanger" for the finale and have always felt that was where they may be leading this season given the stories and hints they have dropped.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 3

Seriously though, what do you guys think happened with Yvette and Emily? I mean, Yvette was written as an open-ended plot and never came back while Emily was written as an apparent one-off but she's now been in three episodes already. It's kind of odd how it all played out. I wonder whether it was an issue with the actresses or some disagreement in the writers room. 

• Like 4

I'm actually curious as to what Sheldon might've done after they went in the room. there mightve been something before Amy left? am i the only one thinking this?

Ooh. No, you're not! Let the goblins in our heads do the work!

BTW, thanks mena, dana and Happy kitty! You're life savers!!

• Like 1

I believe Penny is even more commited than Leonard (or at least even). She just doesn't realize it! Remember the box of her Leonard-mementos? That was a HUGE proof of commitment! She kept all these things, even when they weren't dating, like if it's a natural thing to do. But it's really not. Think about it!

To me, that is one of the top Lenny moments of the series, in competition only (that I can think of right now, lol) with the ILY and "sometimes I forget how smart you are".  They show so much of Leonard's devotion to Penny and not the other way around, this was showing how much he really means to her.

• Like 2

To me, that is one of the top Lenny moments of the series, in competition only (that I can think of right now, lol) with the ILY and "sometimes I forget how smart you are".  They show so much of Leonard's devotion to Penny and not the other way around, this was showing how much he really means to her.

Yes, I can't decide between the box, the mutual ILY or their talk in Tangible Affection Proof... and I think there's no way to chose one.