S7 Spoilers

bigbangsheldon

It didn't get cut.  The stuff immediately after got cut (the wave at the door and her mumbling as she walked away from the door got cut.

Oh really??That's too bad!! I would love to see the wave!! And I am really curious about what Amy was mumbling :p I mean there were scenarios and all :p

• Like 2

"Penny helps Sheldon cope"? Shouldn't that be "Cosmo helps Sheldon cope"? What did Penny do, besides restyling his hair? :p

Sheldon reads Cosmo? UK Cosmo's nowt but sex tips. Fascinating!

• Like 1

Were you saving yourself TX?

The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it. I can resist everything except temptation. (Some Irish writer bloke said this apparently.)

• Like 1

gahhh what is wrong with me?! i read a taping report for the first time...only meant to read a word or two but then temptation drew me in and i read everything for episode 7.20. i'm no longer unspoiled :( i blame Pearl and Tensor

Welcome back to the dark side

• Like 6

gahhh what is wrong with me?! i read a taping report for the first time...only meant to read a word or two but then temptation drew me in and i read everything for episode 7.20. i'm no longer unspoiled :( i blame Pearl and Tensor

And how do you read a word or two??

• Like 2

Are you saying that marriage is required for commitment? Because that's what it sounds like.

You mean like telling someone that it's all right for them to go away for four months and you will be there when they get back? Of course, you said that was a long time ago, speaking of which...

If you want to dismiss my argument that Penny is committed because it was a long time ago (less than a year) that Penny said it's was all right for Leoanrd to go away for four months and she would be there when he got back, why bring this up since it's almost two years ago? Not to mention you're ignoring everything that's happened since.

What I'm scoffing at is your saying she isn't committed, evidently now because it's not shown as you want it to be, nor you haven't been able to define it to show she isn't committed.

Leonard was unsure if Penny was committed as recently as The Hesitation Ramification.

Leonard: Penny proposed, and I didn’t say yes.

Sheldon: Why not?

Leonard: That’s a good question.

Sheldon: Does that mean the relationship is over?

Leonard: I don’t know.

Sheldon: Why don’t you ask her?

Leonard: Because I’m afraid to know the answer.

The proposal thing comes up more than once but they change it up so it is not just a repetition. Leonard does not get mad about it the way Penny did. The poor guy is on egg shells trying to figure out how to navigate through this.

I'm not saying they are headed for a break up or something like that. Penny is still resolving who and what she is and she won't really be ready to fully commit to Leonard until this is more sorted out. I'd say they are in an exclusive relationship, but not necessarily a committed one. Of course some in the audience are more sure where things are headed than Penny and Leonard are but Penny and Leonard don't know they are characters in a sit com and the audience does.

Were you saving yourself TX?

The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it. I can resist everything except temptation. (Some Irish writer bloke said this apparently.)

Ever since my beautiful and talented friend and fellow fan fic writer Sheps888 told me what's happening in next week's episode, I COULD NOT RESIST. I gave into the temptation, as the Irish bloke suggested! Hehe

And how do you read a word or two??

I learned today that you cannot. I think deep down inside, I always knew I was gonna read the whole thing. Like eating one or two potato chips, y'know? Who does that? Nobody. Lol

Edited by tx-fictionqueen

Leonard was unsure if Penny was committed as recently as The Hesitation Ramification.

You mean the one where he wasn't sure if she'd break up with him because he refused to commit to her when she asked?

The proposal thing comes up more than once but they change it up so it is not just a repetition. Leonard does not get mad about it the way Penny did. The poor guy is on egg shells trying to figure out how to navigate through this.

You did notice in your quotes that it was Leonard was upset that the relationship may be over because he refused to commit, not Penny, right? And, you do realize that it was the very next episode, and the first time she spoke with him after that, where she reassured him she didn't want to break up with him. If she wasn't committed, why stay with him when he refused to commit himself?

I'm not saying they are headed for a break up or something like that. Penny is still resolving who and what she is and she won't really be ready to fully commit to Leonard until this is more sorted out.

Based on what?

I'd say they are in an exclusive relationship, but not necessarily a committed one.

You want to explain how an exclusive relationship isn't a committed one? Isn't becoming exclusive committing to the other person? After all, becoming exclusive means you are only going out with that one person.

• Like 5

Ever since my beautiful and talented friend and fellow fan fic writer Sheps888 told me what's happening in next week's episode, I COULD NOT RESIST. I gave into the temptation, as the Irish bloke suggested! Hehe

I learned today that you cannot. I think deep down inside, I always knew I was gonna read the whole thing. Like eating one or two potato chips, y'know? Who does that? Nobody. Lol

two things.

1. I am skipping over the reports too

2. Beckett in Castle eats just one potato chip. But that's because Castle eats the rest first.

(2. is off fanbase i know, but i don't really understand the meaning of rhetorical) :)

You mean the one where he wasn't sure if she'd break up with him because he refused to commit to her when she asked?

You did notice in your quotes that it was Leonard was upset that the relationship may be over because he refused to commit, not Penny, right? And, you do realize that it was the very next episode, and the first time she spoke with him after that, where she reassured him she didn't want to break up with him. If she wasn't committed, why stay with him when he refused to commit himself?

Based on what?

You want to explain how an exclusive relationship isn't a committed one? Isn't becoming exclusive committing to the other person? After all, becoming exclusive means you are only going out with that one person.

I mean The Hesitation Ramification where Leonard was not sure if the relationship was over. I don't think this is a committed relationship because the characters involved are not sure that it is a committed relationship. Commitment  has not been communicated effectively ( see ).

Leonard did not refuse to commit.

Penny: No, it’s not, okay? I’ve been out here for, like, ten years. I’ve nothing to show for it.

Leonard: Well, you have me.

Penny: You’re right. I do have you. Mm. Let’s get married.

Leonard: What?

Penny: Ooh. Leonard Hofstadter, will you marry me?

Leonard: Um…

Penny: Did you seriously just say um?

Leonard: Look, you know I love you but, but you’re, you’re drunk and sad and feeling lost.

Penny: Okay, so, so you don’t want to marry me?

Leonard: That is not what I said.

Penny: No, forget it. I take it back. Offer’s off the table.

Penny took the offer off the table when Leonard was not sure how to respond to a drunken proposal. He was clearly in a no win situation.

Penny showed she is not really sure who she is because she went to California to pursue a dream and she felt she had nothing to show for it after ten years. She wants to be an actor but she is actually a waitress.

Regarding an exclusive relationship possibly not being a committed relationship it would be because of the time frame. I see a committed relationship as one that one intends to stick with into the future and not just while it is convenient. A irrevocable gift of self.

Exclusive just means that for the duration there will be only one partner.

Edited by djsurrey

They are airing a re-run on the 17th and it is............

Itchy Brain.. 

What a great way to make everyone want to watch the remaining episodes by reminding them of the worst one! Wow! :p

Edited by bigbangsheldon
  • Like 5

They are airing a re-run on the 17th and it is............

Itchy Brain.. 

What a great way to make everyone want to watch the remaining episodes by reminding them of the worst one! Wow! :p

I don't think it's the worst one. Maybe for you ;)

I love Itchy Brain, there are episodes which are far worse than this one, the Hesitation Ramification to remind you of one of the most recent example.

Mh, I like Hesitation Ramification too. Huge amount of drama, but that's okay.