S7 Spoilers

bigbangsheldon

Yeah. So Amy finds Sheldon's complaints about his career tedious after what? A few weeks at most? Yet how long has she been watching his (to her, tedious) Star War/Trek movies?

Yeah I agree. To me, I just find sheldon reacting to Amy dressed as catholic girl a little odd. I mean we've been given almost 3 seasons of Amy trying to seduce Sheldon but it always ended with "Sheldon is not interested in physical appearances so Amy don't even bother seducing him in that way" this scene breaks the character.

On the other hand I guess sheldon reacting makes sense cause they're now "kissing like mommy and daddies do"

I JUST DONT GET THE WHOLE AMY WEARING CATHOLIC UNIFORM IT DONT MAKE SENSE TO ME AHHHHHH ok I'm done.

Well, that's exactly the point, Pearl. If they had had Sheldon react like he always does, then there's no point. The swallow is there to say that things have changed now. One of the things that is still very much murky is whether or not Sheldon is sexually attracted to Amy; other than TLA we have never had a clear indication. This scene served that purpose. And it's not going to be the last, I don't think...

Edited by koops
  • Like 4

Could it be possible that a lot of what was said between sheldon and amy about each other was because the writers are trying to show tension or frustration? That's why they added the tag scene and why the fortune teller said that all his problems would be solved if he commits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks, tot! I love Raj's line--"Not that one!" :p

And I was right about Sheldon's answer to Leonard--that he's talking about what he sees as Amy's flaws (what's wrong with Amy)--not why she's sick.

Anyway, thanks for everything so far!

• Like 2

Thanks, tot! I love Raj's line--"Not that one!" :p

And I was right about Sheldon's answer to Leonard--that he's talking about what he sees as Amy's flaws (what's wrong with Amy)--not why she's sick.

Anyway, thanks for everything so far!

He seems fine about kissing Amy however ;)

• Like 2

He seems fine about kissing Amy however ;)

Honestly, after all the evidence at hand, it seems clear that Sheldon is really not a fan of handholding, but he clearly enjoys other aspects of their relationship :p

• Like 5

From what I gather from the tidbits we got, this ep is a bit on-the-nose about the whole Shamy thing. It feels like they glossed over the most subtle and interesting developments to put a giant neon sign on where they are going with it, which is not very subtle or necessarily compelling. I mean, you don't get much more on the nose than the psychic scene.

I don't know that it was necessary to hammer home the obvious by dropping these anvil-sized cues at the cost of ignoring what might be a more realistic dynamic between the two: like, why would Amy find Sheldon's career crisis and complaints tedious, when she's a scientist? That's not very empathic as a scientist nor as a girlfriend. And then, at the same time, she complains he doesn't open up to her? When she was bored by his complaints to start with? That doesn't make a lot of sense. Not to mention how absurd it is that she complains about Penny getting him to do stuff when they had the whole Cooper Extraction episode about Amy getting him to do stuff he wouldn't normally do. Not that I don't think Penny has a track record of also getting Sheldon to do things, but Amy has just as long a track record, if not longer.

This episode kind of reminds me of the whole Thanksgiving business with Penny being married just so they could hammer home the proposal thing with Lenny. Not very necessary at all. Create a rift of sorts in the couple so that it becomes obvious where they are headed. 

The tag is interesting though. On the one hand, it's kind of stupid that they keep going with this idea that Amy is trying to seduce him when she then gets all stumped and shy and stiff as a board when they kiss. Not to mention repetitive, it's Snow White all over again. On the other hand, it's interesting that in the third take they clearly have Sheldon react to it for the first time ever, and that they usually go for the last take when they do multiple takes. Which means that the swallow was there for a reason.

All-in-all, it just feels a bit too much like an on-the-nose, lazy episode to me on first look at the tidbits. Especially coming in the wake of three wonderful episodes. But we'll see where they're going with this. 

I totally agree with this!

I don't know if the quality of different episodes and plots has anything to do with that who of writers are involved in the storywriting.  However if I remember right Prady was involved writing the last two episodes 19-20, which I get the feeling I'm going to love those episodes. Now I'm kind of hoping now he would be a writer for the finales too...  :read:

• Like 1