The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bigbangsheldon

S7 Spoilers

Amy's "approach" at the end was very much inconsistent with the Amy we have seen portrayed every time Sheldon has taken control (D&D, kiss #1 and #2, and even her own fantasies) as well as the Amy in this episode who is insecure over Sheldon opening up to other people and not her. We keep forgetting that she's a virgin in her first relationship. She might talk big and tease Sheldon but deep down I honestly doubt she's playing power games where she's holding back to get him to think he's in charge so she can get laid. Someone who plays those kind of power games isn't all stumped by a kiss, down to the tone of voice and breathing she had after that. If anything, her showing up dressed like that and taking pages from Bernadette's book showcases how little she knows of what she's doing so she just copies whatever ideas she gets from romance novels or her friends.

To me, it's more of a case of what Dena mentioned in the Shamy thread: Amy's playing with fire. It's like she's playing one of those first-person-shooter games where there are some levels where you know enemies are shooting at you always from the same position in very predictable ways and you can do all sorts of stupid things and run all over without getting shot, but then you run into an unexpected part, while running around like an idiot, and actually they come at you from all directions and you are all 'crap crap crap!!! abort abort!'.

Despite their love for kinky jokes, these writers are very much softies. When it matters, the milestones and progress between all these characters, not just Shamy, are deep and poignant and not out of manipulation or coercion. So I seriously doubt that the writers, when they have Shamy consummate, will have it happen with a resigned "Ok, fine, Amy, let's get it over and done with" from Sheldon. They have never done it with any of their big milestones, let alone with their biggest one. They are obviously taking him on a journey where he's opening up to her, not being resigned to the fact that he's screwed and he's going to have to sleep with her sooner or later.

I honestly doubt anyone will take the gulp, if they leave it in, as one of resignation. Especially in the light of recent events. As for why he would be sexually attracted to her in that outfit, there might be reasons that pushes his buttons, like the ST outfit did. I mentioned Marina's idea in the Shamy thread that he might like uniforms because uniforms = order. I don't think him liking her in this outfit (which doesn't sound much different from her regular outfit anyway) is all that different from the ST one.

TOTALLY AGREE. The writers know what they are doing and I have faith they will makes us all happy with the story lines.

Amy's "approach" at the end was very much inconsistent with the Amy we have seen portrayed every time Sheldon has taken control (D&D, kiss #1 and #2, and even her own fantasies) as well as the Amy in this episode who is insecure over Sheldon opening up to other people and not her. We keep forgetting that she's a virgin in her first relationship. She might talk big and tease Sheldon but deep down I honestly doubt she's playing power games where she's holding back to get him to think he's in charge so she can get laid. Someone who plays those kind of power games isn't all stumped by a kiss, down to the tone of voice and breathing she had after that. If anything, her showing up dressed like that and taking pages from Bernadette's book showcases how little she knows of what she's doing so she just copies whatever ideas she gets from romance novels or her friends.

To me, it's more of a case of what Dena mentioned in the Shamy thread: Amy's playing with fire. It's like she's playing one of those first-person-shooter games where there are some levels where you know enemies are shooting at you always from the same position in very predictable ways and you can do all sorts of stupid things and run all over without getting shot, but then you run into an unexpected part, while running around like an idiot, and actually they come at you from all directions and you are all 'crap crap crap!!! abort abort!'.

Despite their love for kinky jokes, these writers are very much softies. When it matters, the milestones and progress between all these characters, not just Shamy, are deep and poignant and not out of manipulation or coercion. So I seriously doubt that the writers, when they have Shamy consummate, will have it happen with a resigned "Ok, fine, Amy, let's get it over and done with" from Sheldon. They have never done it with any of their big milestones, let alone with their biggest one. They are obviously taking him on a journey where he's opening up to her, not being resigned to the fact that he's screwed and he's going to have to sleep with her sooner or later.

I honestly doubt anyone will take the gulp, if they leave it in, as one of resignation. Especially in the light of recent events. As for why he would be sexually attracted to her in that outfit, there might be reasons that pushes his buttons, like the ST outfit did. I mentioned Marina's idea in the Shamy thread that he might like uniforms because uniforms = order. I don't think him liking her in this outfit (which doesn't sound much different from her regular outfit anyway) is all that different from the ST one.

TOTALLY AGREE. The writers know what they are doing and I have faith they will makes us all happy with the story lines.

• Like 2

You are killing me, haha. *deep breathes* Still going strong. I can do this.

You said you don't think she's afraid of getting hurt emotionally, so how to you take what she said in this episode to Leonard? I can't help but interpret that she's wanting him to open up more, which in my opinion, can only really mean emotionally. I mean, it's possible she's talking about opening up physically, but after being pretty "non-responsive" two kisses in a row, that doesn't seem likely. I think she's missing something from Sheldon emotionally, and until she gets that, she's going to have a hard time committing herself.

I meant that she's not holding back sexually because she's afraid of getting hurt emotionally. I do think she has her fears on the emotional side, of course, but I don't think she's thinking "I'm not kissing him properly until he tells me he loves me or I'll get hurt" or anything like that. I don't think the two are necessarily related. Although I'm sure that him being more emotionally open with her would relax her more physically too. But, to be honest, she hasn't been entirely open emotionally with him either. She's asked for intimacy and romance but never really talked about how she feels in all this at all. And this episode kind of put a neon sign on it when there's the bit where everyone goes "But I love you" and she deliberately diverts her ILY onto Penny, when she was speaking to Sheldon. 

I think they're both emotionally constipated with each other, at least when it comes to discussing feelings :p  

• Like 5

I meant that she's not holding back sexually because she's afraid of getting hurt emotionally. I do think she has her fears on the emotional side, of course, but I don't think she's thinking "I'm not kissing him properly until he tells me he loves me or I'll get hurt" or anything like that. I don't think the two are necessarily related. Although I'm sure that him being more emotionally open with her would relax her more physically too. But, to be honest, she hasn't been entirely open emotionally with him either. She's asked for intimacy and romance but never really talked about how she feels in all this at all. And this episode kind of put a neon sign on it when there's the bit where everyone goes "But I love you" and she deliberately diverts her ILY onto Penny, when she was speaking to Sheldon. 

I think they're both emotionally constipated with each other, at least when it comes to discussing feelings :p

I don't think either of them were taught it's okay to discuss feelings or shown by example.

• Like 4

Ohhh okay, thank you for the clarification! I just misunderstood. In that case, I completely agree with everything you've said. She's been kind of putting everything on him. She wants him to open up, but she hasn't opened up to him. The kissing has not solved everything, and to be honest, I'm glad it hasn't. Their relationship was built on communication and honesty, and until they finally communicate and lay their feelings out, I don't think they can progress physically. I'm not saying the two are necessarily related, either. Amy is probably not even aware she's pulling back. But I do think once she gets assurance from Sheldon, she'll be able to relax, like you said. I think she's a bit wound up at the moment. And Sheldon, like usual, is in denial. They still have a ways to go.

I noticed the part where she diverts the ILY, too. And Leonard's ILY to Penny following that seemed to put a spotlight on Shamy, in a way. Like, "Everybody notice that Shamy has not said ILY!" but idk. :p I might have to see the scene before making that judgment call.

But yeah. They are setting up for an emotional breakthrough. I've been hoping for a long while that it's going to be some kind of spontaneous Sheldon-initated ILY, but we will see. I can't wait for April 15th. :D

Edited by Maddie
  • Like 8

Ohhh okay, thank you for the clarification! I just misunderstood. In that case, I completely agree with everything you've said. She's been kind of putting everything on him. She wants him to open up, but she hasn't opened up to him. The kissing has not solved everything, and to be honest, I'm glad it hasn't. Their relationship was built on communication and honesty, and until they finally communicate and lay their feelings out, I don't think they can progress physically. I'm not saying the two are necessarily related, either. Amy is probably not even aware she's pulling back. But I do think once she gets assurance from Sheldon, she'll be able to relax, like you said. I think she's a bit wound up at the moment. And Sheldon, like usual, is in denial. They still have a ways to go.

I noticed the part where she diverts the ILY, too. And Leonard's ILY to Penny following that seemed to put a spotlight on Shamy, in a way. Like, "Everybody notice that Shamy has not said ILY!" but idk. :p I might have to see the scene before making that judgment call.

But yeah. They are setting up for an emotional breakthrough. I've been hoping for a long while that it's going to be some kind of spontaneous Sheldon-initated ILY, but we will see. I can't wait for April 15th. :D

If it doesn't happen... I swear to Oprah, I will throw bricks.

• Like 6

Totabcn, Thank you for the detailed report.  :give_rose:  It was great so far.  Will you be adding the rest to the same post of your report?  I noticed you stopped (with full agreement and understanding) last night because you were tired.  But will you be adding the second  part? :girlwink:

Am i missing something. Does amy go to sheldon door to seduce him ?!! Im confused. What happens next?

This is kind of what I've been waiting for to fully believe that it might be an ILY by the end of this season: a finale reminder that Shamy hasn't said it!

Ofcourse we didn't need the reminder, but if the writers want to have the ILY as Shamy's season finale they probably want it to be as huge as possible even within the more average crowd, and a reminder to them just before that Shamy has never said it could be a good move to really highten the moment.

Edited by Jaime
  • Like 5

Am i missing something. Does amy go to sheldon door to seduce him ?!! Im confused. What happens next?

She takes Bernie's "dress like a Catholic school girl" idea and decides to try it on Sheldon as a way to apologize to him (as if offering herself, of course, in the process).   Sheldon (in the last take) swallows hard and then makes a slightly oblivious remark (even though it is obvious she got to him).   You can see more about it here: 

Firstly, left me say it was "an immoveable object meets an unstoppable force" I believe, and not an 'unmovable force' as I wrote. Which quite accurately indicates my level of commitment here, i.e. nowhere near most of you. :)

For the record, I would be as happy with the 'cold feet' scenario as any other the writers want to give us. What I would be most decidedly unhappy with though, would be Sheldon's interest being roused by Amy dressed as a child. I'll buy it for creepy Howard, but not Sheldon, sorry.

There is a marked difference between Star Trek role play and Virgin Schoolgirl role play. As the mother of a young teenaged girl I see it acutely. That a swallow of trepidation is wrong, but one of suppressed lust is okay, is, in my opinion, rather messed up. Maybe this is something else that requires more consideration.

I think the writers will deliver too, and what they give will be totally in character as the first kiss was. Which incidently was Sheldon kissing her to prove a point and being bamboozled by his own endocrine system; hilarious and in character.

As to why Amy hasn't jumped his bones yet, firstly "he'll scream" and secondly, she doesn't know how. Kissing and sex is something that takes time to get right. Kissing especially. But in order to perfect it, you need a willing partner.

In order to be willing Sheldon needs to do a U turn on everything he's ever criticised the others for. That'll take some guts, but it's clear that's where Shamy are going.

Rather resignation and trepidation than schoolgirls being his trigger I say.

But once again, we disagree on something yet to be aired, and even then it's open to interpretation. The proof, as ever, will be in the pudding.

• Like 2

Amy, you dirty girl. I can't feel my legs.

Thanks totabcn!! :)

Edit: one last BTS but it was more for my own enjoyment than anything. At the very end after they yell "cut" Mayim tugs her shirt up to loosen her button up shirt and I saw part of her belly for like half a second.

:swoon:

• Like 5

Edit: one last BTS but it was more for my own enjoyment than anything. At the very end after they yell "cut" Mayim tugs her shirt up to loosen her button up shirt and I saw part of her belly for like half a second.

I can't feel my body.

• Like 5

I'm interested in the prediction that once Sheldon opens up to Amy all his other problems will resolve themselves.  Sounds like somehow if he gets closer to her, his question of research interest will come into focus.  Could it be building towards Sheldon and Amy working together on a research project?  Or am I reading too much into it?

That would be great for the running Shamy story of season 8....it could have ups and downs to play with and who knows? Maybe they will win the Nobel Prize together! :p

• Like 6

I'm interested in the prediction that once Sheldon opens up to Amy all his other problems will resolve themselves.  Sounds like somehow if he gets closer to her, his question of research interest will come into focus.  Could it be building towards Sheldon and Amy working together on a research project?  Or am I reading too much into it?

I would love this and do hope it is leading there.  I do love that it is clear she is his key to happiness and success.  That is amazingly beautiful to hear! :tender::swoon:   But if they could have them working together on projects it would be even more awesome! I would be floating in the air like an  :angel: .

• Like 2

May Oprah hear you, Tmp!!!! 

This is seriously my #1 scenario in the history of... ever, as I have ranted plenty about in the Shamy thread in the past year, and even just yesterday :p

• Like 5

But if they could have them working together on projects it would be even more awesome! I would be floating in the air like an  :angel: .

I agree with the rest of your post, but not with this part, since Sheldon is a physicist and Amy a neurobilogist, and their fields don't have anything to do with each other. Not to mention Sheldon's belief that his field is vastly superior to hers.

"One the third take when Amy drops the coat we see Sheldon swallow and seemed affected and says his line."

What does it mean ? is Sheldon affected by Amy but he hide his feelings ? Dirty shelly :D I hope they're use third take :) ! and I don't understand why sheldon gets angry to pyschic about amy ?

iPhone 'den Tapatalk aracılığı ile gönderildi

• Like 1

I love this idea especially because I want to know what was the reason they had Amy work at Caltech? She said 'a few months' and it's been 6. There has to be a reason they wanted Amy at Caltech. I would love them to work together but I agree with Carlos when he said Sheldon thinks his field is superior. BUT, when the psychic asked if he worked in a similar field to her, she might have known he would go into a new field similar to Amy's. It's a stretch, but still.

Edited by MariaAlbina
  • Like 2