The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bigbangsheldon

S7 Spoilers

This is the most absurd post I've EVER read on this forum. And that's saying a lot because they have been some ridiculous arguments.

Do you actually watch the show? I don't know where you are getting these assumptions from.

I swear some people don't watch the characters properly!:

No they don't. People perceive things as they need to in order to justify their thoughts, which in this case the claim seems to have no basis.

I'm just going to go ahead and assume that you've never been in a real relationship because it sure as hell sounds like you haven't. Everyone gets annoyed with their significant others, everyone, constantly. Now enter Sheldon who, admittedly, is not the easiest person to deal with and things are going to be more complicated.

That doesn't mean that she's only in the relationship for sex. If that was the case, she would have jumped ship quite some time ago.

This is the main problem with you guys...

I talk about the show and its characters who are fictional ....... you talk about me and get all personal.....

Edited by vasu
  • Like 1

I have no objections to the Sheldon show

Seems to be a contradiction. If it's the Sheldon show there is no other characters.
  • Like 1

I quate from sheldon for this moment; I cry because "others" are STUPID and that makes me sad... (Maybe you don't understand that line vasu because you have never watch the show)

iPhone 'den Tapatalk aracılığı ile gönderildi

You're crying for me....You're crying for me........ how sweet......please do cry some more and keep on crying cause my stupidity has no limits....

and its quote not quate..... an no I am also not a native english speaker or writer....

This is the main problem with you guys...

I talk about the show... you talk about me.....

Well I mean...you make ridiculous claims with no basis, then you should expect it.

You're crying for me....You're crying for me........ how sweet......please do cry some more and keep on crying cause my stupidity has no limits....

and its quote not quate..... an no I am also not a native english speaker or writer....

Yeah, that is quite apparent so maybe you should not correct others grammar because you're not doing so good yourself.

Edited by denajeanx
  • Like 2

I'm just going to go ahead and assume that you've never been in a real relationship because it sure as hell sounds like you haven't. Everyone gets annoyed with their significant others, everyone, constantly. Now enter Sheldon who, admittedly, is not the easiest person to deal with and things are going to be more complicated.

That doesn't mean that she's only in the relationship for sex. If that was the case, she would have jumped ship quite some time ago.

The bolded part is exactly what I said in a different terms...and you say I make ridiculous claims........and mind you earlier Amy found all those things pretty adorable or pretty natural....

Well I mean...you make ridiculous claims with no basis, then you should expect it.

Yeah, that is quite apparent so maybe you should not correct others grammar because you're not doing so good yourself.

refute my claims if they have no basis..... what is the need make comments about me or my personal life...

atleast I did not say others are STUPID.....

Edited by vasu

I think it's a pretty safe bet Sheldon would not have been the breakthrough character he is without the amazing characters that he plays off of. Take away his interactions with Penny in the first three seasons and those with Amy in the last four, in particular, and I bet he wouldn't be as popular as he is now. With all due credit to Jim's amazing acting, but Sheldon isn't a character that can sustain himself on his own. And, hard as it might be to believe, people do like to see the other characters get some attention too. And you know I love Sheldon, so I'm not saying this as a hater.

Vasu, have you been watching this show at all this season? Seriously. I can go and list a dozen moments this season where Amy put up or just genuinely hung out with Sheldon without anything sexual being involved, but I'm not even going to bother because they'll go in in one ear and out of the other and we'll get the same question again in a week.

I believe it was you earlier in the season that was complaining (and I agreed) that every episode had some sort of "sexual reference" in regards to Amy. While it is true there many other events between the two that did not have sexual reference I think there has been more sexual "innuendo" this season than in the past.

The bolded part is exactly what I said in a different terms...and you say I make ridiculous claims........and mind you earlier Amy found all those things pretty adorable or pretty natural....

Anytime you are first entering into a relationship, it is going to be sunshine and rainbows aka 'the honeymoon phase'. As a relationship progresses, there are going to be things that frustrate and annoy you. It's completely normal and natural.

Your initial statement was that Amy was in the relationship for sex, how did my statement imply that I agree with that? I am simply saying that just because you get annoyed with your partner doesn't mean that you are just staying in the relationship for sex.

Edited by denajeanx
  • Like 2

Anytime you are first entering into a relationship, it is going to be sunshine and rainbows aka 'the honeymoon phase'. As a relationship progresses, there are going to be things that frustrate and annoy you. It's a completely normal and natural.

Your initial statement was that Amy was in the relationship for sex, how did my statement imply that I agree with that? I am simply saying that just because you get annoyed with your partner doesn't mean that you are just staying in the relationship for sex.

But when things which endear you start to annoy you thats when it is odd....if they were new things it would have been fine...but he is just being Sheldon just like he was seasons ago when he first met her...

My initial statement was that apart from sexual things....amy seems to have a lot less patience with Sheldon...seems to be irritated and frustrated pretty quickly... just see the upcoming episode....Sheldon is facing a major life crisis...Amy being in the science field should atleast know how hard this is anyone let alone Sheldon... yet she runs away from him cause he is whinning a lot.... when someone else points it out ....the she feels bad and what does she do....something sexy..(this is what I got from the report).....

I'm not sure that its supposed to be sexy though, she got the idea from Bernadette but Amy isn't ready for coitus yet in anycase and neither is sheldon

Edited by rachelshamyfan
  • Like 1

I'm not sure that its supposed to be sexy though, she got the idea from Bernadette but Amy isn't ready for coitus yet in anycase

Amy isn't ready for coitus yet??? Now I watch this show....and what I got from this is that if Sheldon says lets have coitus...Amy would jump at that opportunity...

I don't know where you got the Amy isn't ready for coitus yet part.... I must be really watching a different show....

But when things which endear you start to annoy you thats when it is odd....if they were new things it would have been fine...but he is just being Sheldon just like he was seasons ago when he first met her...

My initial statement was that apart from sexual things....amy seems to have a lot less patience with Sheldon...seems to be irritated and frustrated pretty quickly... just see the upcoming episode....Sheldon is facing a major life crisis...Amy being in the science field should atleast know how hard this is anyone let alone Sheldon... yet she runs away from him cause he is whinning a lot.... when someone else points it out ....the she feels bad and what does she do....something sexy..(this is what I got from the report).....

Okay, now I know for sure you've never been in a relationship so I am going to take everything you say with a grain of salt.

Sheldon is always facing a crisis. And may I remind you this is the first real relationship for BOTH of them so you're not exactly going to know how to deal with every situation that arises. When her friends, whom have been in relationships, point this out to her, she does what she thinks she needs to do to make things right.

Amy is still very naive, and rightly so, which also stands to my point that she is in no way in the relationship for sex. She may make jokes about sex but she is clearly not ready for that step.

• Like 2

No, that's perfectly natural.  I've been married almost 20 years, with him for 22 and known him for 27 and he has always had stuff that's bothered me and vice versa.  We've just learned to suck it up and deal.

Amy does something to take his mind off his issues.  And you can only help your partner so much when they're facing a major life crisis especially when you're in the same field.  After a while all you can do is let them b***h and maybe take a break from each other and get other people's perspectives which is what Amy does with Bernie.  Was it right for them to lie to their S/Os?  Probably not, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to get a break.

• Like 3

Amy isn't ready for coitus yet??? Now I watch this show....and what I got from this is that if Sheldon says lets have coitus...Amy would jump at that opportunity...

I don't know where you got the Amy isn't ready for coitus yet part.... I must be really watching a different show....

You really must be. Sheldon is kissing her and shes barely responding to him. She's voiced her insecurities all season but she's going to jump in bed? Yeah... I don't think so.

• Like 3

That reminds me of Shelton's comment that the guys  he invited to a his apartment were  having "fun wrong".

• Like 1

You really must be. Sheldon is kissing her and shes barely responding to him. She's voiced her insecurities all season but she's going to jump in bed? Yeah... I don't think so.

Sheldon forgets to kiss her when leaving....Amy reminds him that he forgot something..then they kiss....

Yeah Amy would not have sex with Sheldon if he says he wants to have sex with her....and yeah I am watching a different show....

Edited by vasu

I believe it was you earlier in the season that was complaining (and I agreed) that every episode had some sort of "sexual reference" in regards to Amy. While it is true there many other events between the two that did not have sexual reference I think there has been more sexual "innuendo" this season than in the past.

Sex jokes are sex jokes, and I agree I was fed up with those. Although I actually think they've drastically cut down on the sex-jokes from Amy this season compared to last season, though. What I was saying is that Amy doesn't just hang out or enjoys spending time with Sheldon when there's something sexual involved and there are tons of examples of that. I agree that, sadly, we haven't seen them have real FUN together for too long, sharing a common interest and that most of the time they do what Sheldon wants to do. But that's different from saying Amy is hanging out with him only when sex is involved.

• Like 2

Amy is very much all talk when it comes to physical intimacy, she's like a startled rabbit when there is anything Sheldon initiated

I like how they are progressing slowly

• Like 3

She does this because she wants Sheldon to know she's ready whenever he is.  Watch them kiss in Relationship Diremption and Locomotive.  She lets him take the lead because that's what makes them most comfortable.

• Like 2

Technically, she only went to see Raiders because Sheldon said she'd be losing her virginity on his couch. Nevertheless, I agree that Amy is totally committed. I think she'd also stay with him if he said sex is off the table. The dealbreaker for her would be if Sheldon says he doesn't see them spending the rest of their lives together.

I think from the catholic schoolgirl costume she only wanted to see his reaction, not initiate sex. If Sheldon says let's have coitus, she'd be willing but back out when they are in bed because, as it has already been mentioned, she isn't ready yet.

• Like 3

Sheldon forgets to kiss her when leaving....Amy reminds him that he forgot something..then they kiss....

Yeah Amy would not have sex with Sheldon if he says he wants to have sex with her....and yeah I am watching a different show....

1) Neither of them are ready for that so it's not going to happen.

2) Kissing and sex are FAR, FAR different things and on a new level on intimacy.

3) Amy is insecure, she's going to need more from Sheldon emotionally before jumping into bed.

AGAIN: Just because you make jokes about sex does not mean that you are ready for it.

• Like 4

I'm not sure that its supposed to be sexy though, she got the idea from Bernadette but Amy isn't ready for coitus yet in anycase and neither is sheldon

Read the taping report. Gotta go with @vasu on the uniform. What other reason would she show up with a trench coat and an uniform on? Regards to the coitus I could see both of you being right. I can see Amy saying yes but chickening out in the end.

Does someone have a popcorn gif?

*Cheers on Dena and koops*

• Like 6

Sex jokes are sex jokes, and I agree I was fed up with those. Although I actually think they've drastically cut down on the sex-jokes from Amy this season compared to last season, though. What I was saying is that Amy doesn't just hang out or enjoys spending time with Sheldon when there's something sexual involved and there are tons of examples of that. I agree that, sadly, we haven't seen them have real FUN together for too long, sharing a common interest and that most of the time they do what Sheldon wants to do. But that's different from saying Amy is hanging out with him only when sex is involved.

How does one know what is going to happen without hanging out at the first place :p

Anyway what I said was Amy seems to be happy and cheerful with Sheldon when there is something sexual involved....most of the other times she gets irritated and annoyed pretty quickly.... now take what ever you want to take from that statement...

Amy is very much all talk when it comes to physical intimacy, she's like a startled rabbit when there is anything Sheldon initiated

Said who???  she comes out and asks him to kiss her ...

She does this because she wants Sheldon to know she's ready whenever he is.  Watch them kiss in Relationship Diremption and Locomotive.  She lets him take the lead because that's what makes them most comfortable.

Well , that's what I said....if Sheldon is ready to have sex , Amy would be clearly happy to have sex....

1) Neither of them are ready for that so it's not going to happen.

2) Kissing and sex are FAR, FAR different things and on a new level on intimacy.

3) Amy is insecure, she's going to need more from Sheldon emotionally before jumping into bed.

AGAIN: Just because you make jokes about sex does not mean that you are ready for it.

Again who said Amy is not ready....all the evidence in the show says otherwise....

up and until recently they never kissed(I mean Sheldon never kissed Amy)....but once after he kissed her....did Amy go running away from him and say...oh I am not ready ....oh I am shy ....please don't kiss me..... this is too much for me....

no she did not...infact she now even reminds him to kiss her.....

now is it wrong??? I hardly think so.....

Edited by vasu