• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, Heres what happened,   Originally, I wasn't planning on going on the tour.. But since Its a weekend, theres no filming and we are dying to know about this set, I thought I would give it a try.

It was a pleasure meeting you, Nog ♥♥♥ Yesterday, was a great day, starting off with the great people Nog and I befriended while waiting in line. Haha. I was very glad they did the tag scene fo

Hey guys, I went to the taping today!!! It was so surreal to see the actors live on stage.... Anyways I intended to do a proper detailed taping report but I lost my pen in the beginning of the taping

Posted Images

well, while we are talking about our OC'd number mental illnesses. I love reaching numbers like 500, then I feel anxious until it tics up to 510 and we can get that middle zero out of there.

Other than that.. yay taping day.

Taping ends at 9:30-10 Pacific time. The girls just told us that's what they were told.

Well they were asked if they could stay until that late.  It may end earlier or later, but it sounds like it should be in that range.   But that means we should get a report a little earlier.  Yay!

• Like 3

Happy Taping Day!! :)

As long as we're outing out OCD number fetishes...  I also have thing about even numbers.  I like multiples of 8, especially, and I love the roundness of the numbers in my birthday--10/10/60!  So nice and even and round...

If I'm eating something like nuts or M&Ms or jelly beans, I usually try to make sure I have even numbers.  So I'll eat 16 pistachios or I'll divide my M&Ms by color and eat them in pairs (2 blue, 2 red, etc) and I make sure to chew them on both sides of my mouth, so that that's evenly distributed, too.  And if I end up with an odd number (like in the packet of M&Ms), I'll split that one in half when I'm eating it, so that I can chew half on one side and half on the other.  That habit goes back to my sunflower seed eating days in elementary school...

I also try to get even numbers if I'm putting ice cubes in my glass--8 or 16.  My sister loves to tease me at family dinners, like Christmas, by telling me that she purposely put an odd number of ice cubes in my glass.

It actually doesn't bother me, but if I have a choice, I choose the even numbers.  With the M&Ms, if I'm at the movies, for instance, where I can't see the colors, I just eat them one at a time and bite them in half... :p

• Like 1

Well they were asked if they could stay until that late.  It may end earlier or later, but it sounds like it should be in that range.   But that means we should get a report a little earlier.  Yay!

:dancer:  :girldance:

Happy Taping Day!! :)

If I'm eating something like nuts or M&Ms or jelly beans, I usually try to make sure I have even numbers.  So I'll eat 16 pistachios or I'll divide my M&Ms by color and eat them in pairs (2 blue, 2 red, etc) and I make sure to chew them on both sides of my mouth, so that that's evenly distributed, too.  And if I end up with an odd number (like in the packet of M&Ms), I'll split that one in half when I'm eating it, so that I can chew half on one side and half on the other.  That habit goes back to my sunflower seed eating days in elementary school...

LOL.  This ^^^^   I have always done something similar to this.  I really don't care about even or odd, but I would divide my M&Ms by color, then eat one at a time from each color, until I had one left of each, then eat from my least favorite color, to red, red was always last.  

• Like 3

LOL. This ^^^^ I have always done something similar to this. I really don't care about even or odd, but I would divide my M&Ms by color, then eat one at a time from each color, until I had one left of each, then eat from my least favorite color, to red, red was always last.

Omg I feel like less of a weirdo now for my M&M sorting/eating OCD *lol* I am not alone! Edited by CaffeineBuzz
  • Like 1

Omg I feel like less of a weirdo now for my M&M sorting/eating OCD *lol* I am not alone!

Well, for years there was a commercial that ran in Canada encouraging this sort of behaviour. "When you eat your Smarties do you eat the red ones last..." ;)

FYI, Smarties are kind of Canadian M&Ms.

What was that  earlier about threads wandering off topic? lol

• Like 1

I separate out my M&Ms by color and then make little piles with one of each color in it.  I also eat the chocolate from around a candy bar before I eat the inside.

• Like 1

I just eat my M&ms til I have like 7 or 8 and then I eat the ones from the same color first so in the end I have one of each color

I didn't know I did that until you guys pointed out how you guys do it lol :p

Please don't take this the wrong way, but can we please stick to spoilers and discussion here? Especially since we will be getting a report tonight :)

Am sure all of us will be desperate for juicy details. Scrolling through a lot pf pages makes it very confusing.

• Like 4

Please don't take this the wrong way, but can we please stick to spoilers and discussion here? Especially since we will be getting a report tonight :)

Am sure all of us will be desperate for juicy details. Scrolling through a lot pf pages makes it very confusing.

Well, it's not as if any spoilers are currently buried here.

Well, it's not as if any spoilers are currently buried here.

No, but when people come to this forum to find the spoilers later on, they're going to be confused looking through all the OT conversations. 

• Like 2

Really? In episode 4 of the first season we have:

"...oh look, they built a new put-put course."

He is sounding suddenly like a kid and it is near the beginning of the first season!

He creates a luminous fish night light. Sounds like the imagination of a juvenile mind to me.

A billion dollar idea? It's a joke. The point is Sheldon has had his childish tendencies from near the beginning of the first season..

There is a vast difference between childlike and childish. Creating a luminous fish light is inspired, in my opinion. Do you consider imagination to be a negative or purely juvenile quality? That is deeply unfortunate.

The claim that Sheldon was a fully functioning "adult" in early seasons and isn't anymore is simply ludicrous. By all means, he's gotten snarkier and whinier in recent seasons (and, IMO, this started last year and it happened to every single character, not just Sheldon). And I agree that Sheldon back then had more dignity in going around being a non-fully functioning adult, and that the humor back then was centred around much more than him being a big baby. 

But to say that he was an emancipated and mature adult when he needed his mommy to come from Texas so he could get his job back, who drove his previous roommate so crazy he had to paint "Die, Sheldon, Die" across the walls, who needed a roommate to drive him around and cater to all his needs because he's "too evolved" to do so himself, who at the first sign of trouble or betrayal would crawl into a fetal position or run off to Texas to be with his mommy, who needed to develop friendship algorithms to make friends, just to name a few, is wishful thinking. By all means, he was navigating life with success in his own way, but he was hardly an emancipated adult.

The bolded bits were my principle point. As for the rest, which come across as though you loathe early Sheldon, by the way, although I'm sure that wasn't your intention;

(1) Leonard called his mother, and the rest was played for comedic effect. I regret not adding Luminous Fish to my list of three specific "child" episodes because it's the only thing that people keep mentioning. It's evidently some sort of clinching argument, rather than a comedic aberration.

(2) Driving his roommate crazy has nothing to do with being juvenile. It's to do with him being a persnickety pedant.

(3) Being driven around by Leonard has nothing to do with being juvenile, it's more Lord and Servant type behaviour than anything.

(4) Crawling into a fetal position is the natural response of humans when they're hurt, and I'd say that finding out your best friend made a mockery of your dreams warrants it.

(5) Needing to develop friendship algorithms has NOTHING to do with being juvenile, it's to do with Sheldon's inability to recognise or naturally operate within the boundaries of social protocol.

big-bang-theory-season-3-20-the-spaghett

S3!Sheldon was such a grown-up man. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Evidentally you missed the point where I said;

"The two episodes and several scenes where he was specifically portrayed as a child for comedic effect (Guitarist, Spaghetti, Thespian) only highlight how much of a contrast there is between such behaviour and his usual mildly pompous dignity."

The picture you posted is from The Spaghetti Catalyst. Or are you unaware of this?

@Rachel, I said nothing unpleasant about Amy, please read back through my post. I said I think the relationship is unnecessary, and that's perfectly valid for me to say. I'm sorry you were evidently offended, but don't spread calumny.

As for the rest of the aggressive (apparently blind) vitriol this post spawned, thank you for reminding me why I left in the first place.

Tripper, I apologise for this being off-topic, but the majority of the recent posts have been about M&M's, so I'd hoped it'd blend in.

• Like 4