S7 Spoilers

bigbangsheldon

This is definitely disconcerting, but I'm confident all will be OK.  I really think Sheldon just needs some time to process the changes.

However, I HATE CLIFFHANGERS!  It will be four months before we find out what's going on.

• Like 4

Yeah I agree - I think this was a fantastic way to end the season. It wouldn't be true to Sheldon's character for him to just fall into Amy's arms and accept it all. They still have at least 3 seasons to grow Sheldon, it can't all happen within 10 episodes.

Edited by Theoneandonly
  • Like 6

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I would love for Amy to break up with him at this point. Of course, I want them to get back together, but it kind of goes along with everything else happening to Sheldon right now. He's losing everything. Clean slate for season 8?

• Like 6

I kind of dislike how they sometimes cheapen sweet moments with lame things to get a laugh... but then they decide to get all serious when something like THIS happens. 

Ohh, I suppose that is all I will contribute here for now. Hopefully it's better when it airs?... and like others have pointed out, hopefully season 8 opener makes up for it.

• Like 2

Thanks guys for informing us. I feel more confused than angry tbh. On one hand understand why they took that route and it is not a totally bad idea for Sheldon to stay on his own and figure out what he wants and accept the changes in his life and even learn to live all on his own. But at the same time I feel that this season was way too heavy on drama. I don't doubt the episode will be funny but still that looks like a dramatic plot. I hate it that Amy is the one constantly being hurt (I know Sheldon is insecure too but I have a soft spot for Amy). It's normal up to a point cause she is the "sensitive nerve" and that moving in suggestion made him flip out but I just don't want to Amy hurt anymore. I like the idea of her standing up for herself I hope I will still like it when I find out more. I don't dislike the storyline but I just don't understand why this should happen. I know it will make more people tune in in season 8 and they will milk that cow really dry but a small progress would be better than taking everything back just to start them all over again. Because I do believe Shamy is endgame and I hope the writers just set the scene for Sheldon to really run a mile to get Amy back just the way she deserves!! But they didn't need to be apart for that to happen IMO.

And now we know who's getting sent off this season!!!!! :p

• Like 1

I'm not surprised he ran away to be honest. SO much has changed for him recently, it just got too much to cope with. I can relate. I mean, let's look at this for a minute.

He's had to deal with a recent career crisis, which could alter his life in a completely different direction, PP's death, who was a childhood idol of his/father figure, his changing relationship with Amy which is all kinds of confusing, Lenny getting engaged and moving in together altering his day to day way of life, the comic book shop burning down (that happened right?) pressure from a psychic of all people, to give in to intimacy which scares him to death. I think this is completely in character.

• Like 5

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I would love for Amy to break up with him at this point. Of course, I want them to get back together, but it kind of goes along with everything else happening to Sheldon right now. He's losing everything. Clean slate for season 8?

Not likely, Mayim just signed for another three years. I find it difficult to believe they would have signed her, just to break up Amy and Sheldon.

• Like 3

Yes Lenny told Sheldon they were moving in together and that started Sheldon off

oh, I missed that part. Okay this does make sense considering not long ago Sheldon thought he was somehow part of Lenny/Sheldon.

They are forcing him to come to terms with reality.

Not likely, Mayim just signed for another three years. I find it difficult to believe they would have signed her, just to break up Amy and Sheldon.

Oh I agree. I mean a short break up. With Sheldon grovelling at Amy's feet (figuratively of course lol).

• Like 4