The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bigbangsheldon

S7 Spoilers

But two scientists together isn't really an advantage over one scientist and Penny.  I think all of them overanalyzed it especiallly Raj. They wouldn't have been any futher along no matter how much science was involved. It came to an actual "race" to the end. That's a scavenger hunt. Penny would beat them all everytime.

Ah, but they have always based winning on using their intellect - therefore to them it would make Penny seem a disadvantage. Well that's how I see that anyway :) 

• Like 2

I guess everyone is asking why people are tired of seeing Sheldon and Penny friendship in every episode so far in S7. I am one who grows weary of them to be frank.  They are fun up to a point and then they annoy me.  The end up grating on my nerves after too much of them.   That is me.   Irregardless,  the writers were talking about mixing up pairings in this episode.  If they truly wanted to mix it up, Sheldon would have been paired with Bernadette because they rarely have scenes together, instead of being paired with Penny.   Sheldon has a lot of scenes with Penny and had already two full episodes of scenes with her.   So why did they not mix them up with other people?   They mixed up everyone but them?  Likewise, why is Raj the one that comes up with the idea and therefore excluded from the possible pairings?   See the thing is the writers talk a talk, but they don't deliver when it comes to truly doing what they claim.  If they are going to mix it up, then perhaps Sheldon should have been the one with the idea and the others all went on the hunt.   But instead they do the predictable and exclude Raj, while pairing up a commonly paired couple, and only mixing up L/B and A/H.   Sheldon and Bernie would have been hilarious together.  Her yelling at him like Howard's mother freaking him out while he tries to maintain his control.   I know everyone thinks it was just because Sheldon/Penny were matched for comedic, but they never considered that others with Sheldon could have been just as comedic. Likewise, who was to say they had to use only male/female couplings to make it funny?  It could have been funny with same-sex couplings as well?   I felt like it was a very deja vu episode to last season's Closure episode where Amy is trying to teach Sheldon lessons on closure.   They instead had it be Penny trying to prove to him that you don't always need closure to move forward.  It was too close to the same story concept.  

I am sure it will air a lot more fun than it read in the taping report because it was only able to be written with out of order scenes, with only partially viewed scenes and without it being complete.  However, overall I still say that they could have truly followed-through and really mixed it up more and not made it so predictable.   Sheldon and Penny were totally predictable, stale story and same 'ole same 'ole.  

• Like 2

It seems to me the optional pairings were L/P,L/S, L/B. It appears that Howard and Amy had to be together. While I agree with @Stardust that Bernadette/Sheldon would be hysterical that would of left Penny and Leonard together. I can hear the complaining of Lenny together but no Shamy. It seems at this point that Sheldon and Penny have been together alot. I guess we will have to see how it plays out. But then again by the end of May will anyone remember all this?

• Like 1

It makes me a little sad that some people are so obsessed with worrying over “romantic shenny” happening and are always worrying what the Shenny shippers think that they can’t enjoy the great Sheldon and Penny friendship/dynamic and understand that the writers put them together because them working together in this is going to be funny, which is the writers aim.

• Like 3

It makes me a little sad that some people are so obsessed with worrying over “romantic shenny” happening and are always worrying what the Shenny shippers think that they can’t enjoy the great Sheldon and Penny friendship/dynamic and understand that the writers put them together because them working together in this is going to be funny, which is the writers aim.

I am not worried about romantic Shenny at all.  But I also don't want the show to have every episode with their friendship as the center of the show each week either.  The first two episodes they were the center of the show as friends, and again they are.  The point is, I don't want Shamy center all the time, Lenny center all the time, etc.  I want one week to be guys with each other, girls with each other, next week Howardette center, next week Lenny center, next week Shamy center, etc.  I want it mixed up so that I don't feel I am tuned into the Sheldon and Penny show.   They grate on my nerves after a while.  They are entertaining in smaller doses, but not in my face all the time.  They are funny when in smaller doses.  Yes they can be funny, but over time they grow to be annoying when too much of them.  That is all I am saying. That could just be me, but I don't enjoy them enough to want to see them the center all the time.  I don't want any of them center all the time for the same reason.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 2

You have to remember a couple things though. No one is exactly sure what the third episode is all about and these three episodes will be over just two weeks.

• Like 1

It's only 3 episodes, people, not a national trend.

And the 2nd episode isn't really about Sheldon/Penny.  Though it's a continuation of the premiere and relates to it and will air right after it, it's about Sheldon and Leonard and Sheldon's over-dramatized reaction to his own hurt feelings (though it seems like he can't quite admit it that way.)

And I also think that what seems in Ep3 to be overly S/P weighted is probably only that way because those were the scenes that were taped yesterday afternoon.  We didn't get a detailed report for what happened on Tuesday, which would apparently be the majority of the other scenes, involving Howard/Amy and perhaps more Leonard/Bernie.  I'm sure that they're going to be doing some quick editing between each of the 3 teams and how they work or try to work together.  Though we got a glimpse of L/B, we obviously didn't get much of the H/A stuff.

I still think people are getting way too hung up on certain aspects or lack of detail and seem to be jumping to all kinds of conclusions based on very little information, and then extrapolating disaster for the whole season based on 2-1/2 taping reports.

Why is that?

You have to remember a couple things though. No one is exactly sure what the third episode is all about and these three episodes will be over just two weeks.

This report is for the 3rd episode--it's about a scavenger hunt.  We do know what it's about...

Edited by phantagrae

It's only 3 episodes, people, not a national trend.

And the 2nd episode isn't really about Sheldon/Penny.  Though it's a continuation of the premiere and relates to it and will air right after it, it's about Sheldon and Leonard and Sheldon's over-dramatized reaction to his own hurt feelings (though it seems like he can't quite admit it that way.)

And I also think that what seems in Ep3 to be overly S/P weighted is probably only that way because those were the scenes that were taped yesterday afternoon.  We didn't get a detailed report for what happened on Tuesday, which would apparently be the majority of the other scenes, involving Howard/Amy and perhaps more Leonard/Bernie.  I'm sure that they're going to be doing some quick editing between each of the 3 teams and how they work or try to work together.  Though we got a glimpse of L/B, we obviously didn't get much of the H/A stuff.

I still think people are getting way too hung up on certain aspects or lack of detail and seem to be jumping to all kinds of conclusions based on very little information, and then extrapolating disaster for the whole season based on 2-1/2 taping reports.

Why is that?

Because people can't wait until September 26th.

• Like 3

I guess they wanted to keep it boy/girl.  And there has really been no interaction between Amy and Howard so if they built on that premise, there was no other way to go really than Penny/Sheldon and Leonard/Bernie...

We don't know anything about the Howard/Amy interaction--I don't think their scenes were screened for the Wednesday audience and I think they probably did their stuff the night before.  At least, that's the impression I got.

I doubt that Chuck Lorre would have cared about pairing them up if we weren't going to see something of their interaction.  I wonder if they're going to be singing Neil Diamond songs while they're looking for their clues... :p

• Like 2

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Because people can't wait until September 26th.

exactly. It's been too long!!!!! :p I know I am being overly dramatic and perhaps the bad-crazy day I'm still having affected my view of the situation, but still.

Everybody has the right to be a drama queen every once in a while :p

Edited by Sursonica
  • Like 3

Don't know why people are getting so worked up for. Scenes filmed do not always mean they are the scenes that are shown

in the episode itself, we don't know how much time Penny and Sheldon have together scene wise compared to the

rest of the cast. Calm down and wait for the taping report then wait for the episode. You can tie yourself into knots

over thinking things based on very little information.

• Like 1

I wonder if they're going to be singing Neil Diamond songs while they're looking for their clues... :p

OMG, i am going to be so disappointed if this doesnt happen now haha the image in my mind of Howard and Amy singing together is just brilliant. I actually think those two will get on well. Im not sure why, i just cant really imagine there being any tension between them like has been shown with Bernie/Leonard and Sheldon/Penny in the report.

The more i think about it the more i look forward to seeing this one. It does sound like a fun episode and it will be cool seeing different pairings than we are used to. Excluding Sheldon/Penny obviously but i think their scenes together are hilarious anyway, so im still looking forward to that.

Some people here must be economists. The trend is 3 episodes of Sheldon and Penny. The extrapolation is that this will continue for another 21 eps. We must suffer. Hang on, let me check my Excel ranges again. Oops, forgot the rest of the evidence.

Oh, and madcap and frantic were words that came to mind, considering the tempo 7.03 will run at with all those scenes.

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 1

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Some people here must be economists. The trend is 3 episodes of Sheldon and Penny. The extrapolation is that this will continue for another 21 eps. We must suffer. Hang on, let me check my Excel ranges again. Oops, forgot the rest of the evidence.

Oh, and madcap and frantic were words that came to mind, considering the tempo 7.03 will run at with all those scenes.

I'm a Physicist, I will always make up crazy theories based on a little bit of evidence, which will all end up on infinite entropy.

Inside a singularity :p

Edited by Sursonica
  • Like 8

TY for the sides.!!!

Ok. I might be crazy but wasnt Stuart's parents alive in Frienship ep s5

Stuart said his parents are alive.

Now they died?

Did they just die or is my facts wrong ?

Edited by Shamyfan
  • Like 2

I'm a Physicist, I will always make up crazy theories based on a little bit of evidence, which will all end up on infinite entropy.

Inside a singularity :p

Heheheheheh, this is hilarious. Is that singularity approached from the positive or negative side? Or do you have some other asymptote? Edited by Tensor

TY for the sides.!!!

Now they died?

You are correct.

Yes Stuart said that his parents are alive when Sheldon asked Stuart to take him to the dentist in season 5. But I don't know what happened during season 6... I don't remember it was mentioned?

Edited by Catlina

We don't know anything about the Howard/Amy interaction--I don't think their scenes were screened for the Wednesday audience and I think they probably did their stuff the night before.  At least, that's the impression I got.

Exactly.  I never said we did know.  I just said that we've never had an interaction between Amy and Howard that I can remember.  So whatever happens in 7.03 will be their first and I'm looking forward to that in and of itself...

SIDES!

Not bad. Nice to see Stuart back.

TY for the sides.!!!

Now they died?

Apparently they died since then. Or the writers ignored continuity for a joke. So in a way it could be both. And now the obsessing over episode 4 begins.

Edited by eirwinrommel

I think that there is a big difference between Sheldon and Penny in 7x01 and Sheldon and Penny in 7x03, and it was important to put S/P together for the scavenger hunt and to do it as early as they did. 7x01 Sheldon and Penny are bonding over missing Leonard and being alone, it is more heartwarming and friendly even though Penny gets mad at Sheldon, but in 7x03 you have the classic Sheldon and Penny antagonism which eliminates any wondering about whether Sheldon and Penny are going to be closer to each other after Leonard being away for four months. 7x01 says Sheldon and Penny can be friends, 7x02 says Leonard is still more important to Penny than Sheldon, and 7x03 says that even if they are friends they still can't work together.

• Like 9

I think that there is a big difference between Sheldon and Penny in 7x01 and Sheldon and Penny in 7x03, and it was important to put S/P together for the scavenger hunt and to do it as early as they did. 7x01 Sheldon and Penny are bonding over missing Leonard and being alone, it is more heartwarming and friendly even though Penny gets mad at Sheldon, but in 7x03 you have the classic Sheldon and Penny antagonism which eliminates any wondering about whether Sheldon and Penny are going to be closer to each other after Leonard being away for four months. 7x01 says Sheldon and Penny can be friends, 7x02 says Leonard is still more important to Penny than Sheldon, and 7x03 says that even if they are friends they still can't work together.

So true. It does put to rest any doubts.

• Like 1

Exactly.  I never said we did know.  I just said that we've never had an interaction between Amy and Howard that I can remember.  So whatever happens in 7.03 will be their first and I'm looking forward to that in and of itself...

OIC--sorry, I misread your post.  I thought you were referring to there not being any interaction in the spoilers.  Sorry!

OIC--sorry, I misread your post.  I thought you were referring to there not being any interaction in the spoilers.  Sorry!

It's cool... :icon_biggrin: