S7 Spoilers

bigbangsheldon

I think what bothers me about Lenny is that they:

1.   Asked her to leave when she was clearly trying to find Sheldon and instead of having sympathy for her were in a way rubbing it in her face that they were happy and engaged and planning their wedding.  Lord knows if anyone needs private time to be happy it is Lenny.  But, honestly, in this case, they know Amy is not experienced in these matters and also Penny is her best friend.   She would know that Amy needed her and that alone is the reason that it was shocking with such a response.

2.  When they did track Sheldon, they didn't call Amy and let her know and ask if she wanted to meet them there or drop by and get her.  They completely disregarded her concern for missing Sheldon.  Remember she still has no idea where he is.   Only they know.   So she not only does not get to say anything to him further, or say goodbye, but she is still probably worrying.

I guess I am not overly keen on him walking out on her, making her feel bad, running away like a little boy would when upset, and then checking in with her the next day and acting like everything is fine.   I think this is what fundamentally bothers me about the relationship.  As much as I love Shamy, I hate how one-sided it is and how Amy always is "abused" in a way because her life never matters. Everything is about Sheldon and his issues.   It is as if he has no concern for her whatsoever.   That coupled with him telling Stuart that it was wrong for Amy to be in love with him is bothersome.  

While Amy may not be bothered by it, as a viewer it is unsatisfying.  They need to remedy that because honestly, right now I think a number of us wonder why we even want them together if Amy is going to be trounced on all the time.  The writers need to realize that she is a character too and more than just a plot ploy to dance around Sheldon all the time.   People do care about Amy just as much as they do Sheldon and want to see her be given some decent treatment.

Since they don't have a plan, and I have no clue where they were thinking this was going to go in the premiere next season, it is going to be very delicate for them to deal with because I don't think I am alone in saying that it doesn't feel good right now.  Sure I know they plan to keep them together and all that, but it is not in a satisfying way if it is always she gets lost in the shuffle.

Edited by stardustmelody

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole thing with Sheldon would be a little bit better if Leonard and Penny were on Amy's side or even slightly supportive and friendly to her. It hurts to see everyone treating Amy this way. :( she deserves better.

Amy herself is the problem , given she stays with Sheldon even though he rarely shows any affection....and always complains about not getting any sugar...

if you like the relationship .... stay... don't complain..

if you don't ---- break it off...and be happy...

And given how big bang is almost always about how Sheldon feels (nothing new with this) .... this will probably continue....  :)

Edited by vasu

How is just offering a shoulder to cry on revolving around someone???????????????????????? I just????????????????????

Leonard and Penny are happy, you'd think they could use some of that happiness to help out the woman who has always been there for them - especially Penny. But no, no, we need to pick flowers and a wedding cake, like these things can't wait!!!! It needs to be done right that minute because wedding cakes will all be gone tomorrow!!!

Ah, a reasoned argument. In fact, they did stop what they were doing and find Sheldon. 

According to the mini report

-Lenny are having dinner in 4A, They are discussing setting a date.. Amy walks in carrying her car keys and asked if they had seen Sheldon as he stormed out of her place and wasn't picking up his phone. They said No, Leonard points out he has had a rough couple of days and maybe just leave him be for the time being. Amy Agrees and sits down next to penny and asks "what yah dooing". Lenny hint for her to leave as they want privacy but eventually Penny just tells her to leave..

Later

-Lenny are in 4A, Sheldon is still missing. Leonard decided to track his phone on the laptop and finds out he is at the train station.. Lenny decide to go and see whats going on and leave to find him

When they find him

Leonard and Penny find sheldon at the train station.. inly with his satchel.. Sheldon is pretty shaken by all the change going on, Leonard tries to talk him out of leaving, Penny pulls Leonard to a side and says maybe letting him go will be for the best, After some convincing, Leonard agrees and they let him go. Penny gives Sheldon a hug and kiss goodbye.

Still later

Tag 2: Lenny and Amy in 4A. Amy is on the phone to Sheldon.. She tells him thanks for checkin in.. and puts the phone down.. she said it sounds like he is doing well, like really well. Penny mentions its for the best. then Amy picks up a pillow and screams at Johnny. "HOW CAN YOU LET HIM GO" while hitting him repeatedly with the pillow.

Amy's reaction was just her venting her frustrations. If you had actually read the report, (and maybe get a real life... but I digress ) you wouldn't be so upset.

To paraphrase Hardware Wars 'Take it easy kid, it's only a T.V. show.'.

Edited by Tripper

That's true, but that's what would happen in a normal relationship - not in Sheldon and Amy's relationship. Again, while Sheldon has done a lot of growing over the past season or two, he's still learning, and with such shocks it's understandable that he'd do what comes naturally to him rather than a recently learned response.

Also, what he said to Amy was completely in character and I don't believe he was mocking her at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fact that it could happen at any relationship doesn't make it suck any less really. If I think Sheldon should leave to find himself?? By all means but Amy is an important person in his life he should have talked about it before hand. I am not even saying asking for her opinion at least let her say goodbye properly and not leave her hanging like that. An episode before that he brags about how he feels secure that Amy wouldn't be physical with anyone else and now he does that?? Shouldn't she feel a little secure that he is not gonna leave running at the next hard time?? I am not saying it's OOC I just say it sucks big time.

I should first see the episode to know if he mocks her or not but based on previous experience I am not too confident.

As for Lenny I don't thing it is that bad but I am a little disappointed. I guess Amy puts on a brave face on the phone with Sheldon and she let herself free afterwards. The fact that she hits Leonard with the pillow. I just think it's an act of despair along with the fact that she is accusing him. I don't think she means that I just think that given that Leonard is his best friend she believes he could have made him stay. And at times like that you let it out to your friends and probably to people that have done nothing wrong. That's the way it works. I don't think Leonard would be offended cause that's what true friends do they hear everything and then give you a hug.

Amy herself is the problem , given she stays with Sheldon even though he rarely shows any affection....and always complains about not getting any sugar...

if you like the relationship .... stay... don't complain..

if you don't ---- break it off...and be happy...

And given how big bang is almost always about how Sheldon feels (nothing new with this) .... this will probably continue....  :)

Great, just what we needed!!! VICTIM BLAMING!!!

ABUSE VICTIMS AREN'T RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR ABUSE. I REPEAT: ABUSE VICTIMS AREN'T FUCKING RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR ABUSE.

Great, just what we needed!!! VICTIM BLAMING!!!

ABUSE VICTIMS AREN'T RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR ABUSE. I REPEAT: ABUSE VICTIMS AREN'T FUCKING RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR ABUSE.

do u need a hot cold beverage ....... cause u already seem pretty hot...  lol

All right everyone cool down. If you want to discuss it fine. Just leave the personal jabs out of it. Discuss the post, not the poster. And those posters who are not Shamy's, feel free to post, please just try to be a bit empathic with them.

@vasu life would be great if there was an on/off switch controling emotions but there isn't one sadly. Amy wasn't completely happy on this relationship and if she could break it off and be happy I couldn't ask for more. But then love comes into play. If she broke it off she wouldn't be happy she would be a mess. That's what happens when you're in love. I supose she could still handle the situation or her love for Sheldon is greater than any complaint she has about him so she stayed. Should she suffer in silence?? Maybe but it feels a bit cruel. She was coping the best she could trying to be with the person she loves. But as my besties say sometimes love just isn't enough. I don't know if Shamy reached a point where their problems are greater than their love. Somehow I just wouldn't want see Amy waiting for Sheldon to decide he actually wants her. I was fine with her character up to now but this is the point when she has to take her life into her own hands.

Edited by Cecilia

The bottom line is that Amy is worth nothing to these writers. She's just the last wheel of the cart to them. She will react in whatever way they need her too, which, with Sheldon, is always by bowing down to him and being fine with anything he does. The thing that upsets me the most about this episode is how she does not put her foot down, get angry or upset even once in this whole debacle. Like they say, people interpret whether Sheldon is an ass or not depending on how the people around him react. Having Amy be totally fine and happy with everything means that they can keep maintaining the "status quo" (yeah, I went there) of Sheldon getting his way all the time while making it acceptable. 

Like I said in the Shamy thread, they don't write or take their relationship seriously at all. Amy is just a fly on the wall who is clearly not as important to Sheldon as L/P. Amy doesn't factor in his plans or thoughts to the same extent that L/P do. They simply do not write this as a real relationship, to them it's just a joke. The irony of making a big fuss over "they think our relationship is a joke" when the first ones to do that are the writers.

Thank you so much for the report Kaz! :)  Hope you get well soon. :) 

As for the exciting discussion, I think we should wait until the real episode to have a better conclusion about Lenny's friendship towards Amy. But there are two things I can totally conclude now: Sheldon sucks and the writers suck! :D Amy has to suffer so much. Hopefully they will do a good job next season. 

As for the Amy victim, as long as the writers don't treat Amy as a character, she will suffer again. I guarantee it. Poor my baby. Again: I blame the producers and writers. 

I rarely post but I have to say I don't get what is everyone so devastated about? I'm the biggest Shamy fan - and I am loving this. Sheldon's reaction is completely consistent with that of someone whose life as they know it is falling apart. He is very resistant to change, what may seem trivial to the ordinary person is life altering to him, the way he handles it is aligned to the character we believe him to be. Even though what is going on with his relationship with Amy seems really positive, it also represents significant change he is not quite sure how to process. Would someone like him being okay amidst these changes make sense in any context? This Shamy situation can provide a great catalyst for a very self centred character like Sheldon to grow through introspection. He needs to come to self realization about his feelings for Amy, perhaps lose her to really appreciate her fundamental importance to his happiness. Relationships are hard and become stronger for withstanding challenges. It can't just be smooth sailing, this rough patch feels authentic and I think overcoming it (let's be real, we know they will) lays a foundation for a for great things for our Shamy. I personally am excited to see where they take this.

I was expecting Sheldon would cling to Amy with all the change happening but he is not quite there yet.

This is probably more realistic for his character.

Sheldon is too afraid of getting too close to Amy. This will sort itself out but we will have to wait for next season.

Here is what I can remember. I will fix errors tomorrow! I may be missing a scene. 

Scene 1 L/S Apartment

Everyone is eating around the table, Leonard asks how Howards mom is doing. They say they lost her nurse again. Amy asks how many nurses have they lost, they say 2 nurses already. Raj comes in and Leonard and Penny embrace and says now that everyone is there they have exciting news. Penny shows them her ring and they all and so excited the girls run over to see the ring. Raj says, wow I thought the biggest news of the night was going to be that I had sex with Emily. Everyone (except Leonard and Penny) Get even more excited then Lenny’s announcement and they all hug Raj and jump up and down as a group. Leonard and Penny are like, uh what?!? Bernadette says you guys propose all the time, this never happens. They Pause. Penny says your right and they run over to raj all hugging and congratulating him.

Scene 2 University Cafeteria

Leonard, Howard and Raj are talking and eating. Raj mentions how he is extra hungry and he “wonders why.” Basically making references to how he has sex with Emily. Sheldon walks in looking very distraught. He slowly sits down. Leonard asks if he is ok and he says no. The University wont let him change his field from string theory. He says he was hired for that field as well as his grant is for string theory. President Seibert told him that sometimes in life you have to do something you don’t want to do, like how he has to look at Sheldon’s stupid face.  Leonard say “That’s is rude to say….to your face.” Sheldon says he is so upset he is considering leaving the university. Howard says if he wants to he can take care of his mother.

Scene 3 Ms. Wolowitz’s house

Maria the nurse, storms out of the room and Howard and Bernadette are chasing after her. Maria says life is too short for her to take this job. And Bernie runs after saying even though Maria has only worked there for a week and a half she feels like family. The door slams. Bernadette tells Howard that she knows that by marrying his she also needs to accept half of the responsibility to take care of his mother. He says Thank you. She says therefore she wants a divorce. She smiles. They lean in and embrace a little and Bernie rubs Howards leg.

Scene 4

Leonard is video chatting his mother. Leonard tells her he has exciting news and he wants her to be excited for him. She stops him and tells him no need to tell her, Sheldon already has. Leonard is obviously upset that she knows. He tells her he hates how she talks with Sheldon more than her. She asks him if he would like to talk with her more often and he has a reaction like he doesn’t want that.  Leonard’s mom says that she has some reservation but Sheldon said nothing but good things about Penny and if she is good enough for Penny then she is good enough for her. Leonard says what about me, if she good enough for me? She says would you like me to say I approve of your choice. He says yes and she says “let talk about that, why you want my approval.

Scene 5 Penny’s apartment

Amy and Penny are drinking wine. Penny is on the phone with her mom telling her about the engagement. Penny says, no mom it’s the same guy I have been dating. I have been with him for 2 years. Yes he is the scientist. He works with Lasers and atomic magnets. (Amy rolls her eyes) No I am not pregnant. Yes I know that is a first for our family. She then tells her mom to tell her dad.  After she hangs up Amy teases her about atomic magnets. Bernadette walks in and says she is sorry she is late but they lost another nurse. She asks Penny if she is sure she want to get married because you also het a mother in law when you are married. She says she thinks Beverly likes her. Bernadette says it doesn’t matter if she like you what matters is can she go to the bathroom by herself. She tells penny she needs wine and penny pours her a glass. Bernadette chugs the glass and asks for a second. Penny is talking about living arraignments and says that she will move in with Leonard or Leonard will move in with her. Amy says “that makes sense since you are not working” and Bernadette gets excited and say “You are not working, maybe you would like a job is home health care!” Penny says not happening. Bernie says I will pay you whatever you want. Penny looks interest.

The scene flashes forward to Howard and Bernie sitting on the couch and penny walk about and says she is done and takes off her gloves. Bernadette makes a comment about how that didn’t last long.

Scene 6 Leonard and Sheldon’s apartment

Leonard and Sheldon are sitting at their laptops. Sheldon still upset about the university not letting him switch field.  Sheldon says he is writing a letter of appeal to the faculty senate. He reads the letter aloud. He starts with “dear esteemed faculty” and then says he wants to switch his field and he will explain it to them later in word they will understand or with puppets. Leonard says he only likes the word esteemed, Sheldon said that was a personal joke and maybe he will take it out. Leonard then says he wants to talk to him about something important. He says that Penny and him were talking about living arraignments. Sheldon said that he has already thought about it and he has decided that Penny can live with them 1 day a week for a trial period except on the weeks she is cranky from shedding her uterus lining. Leonard says that they are going to live together but it will be just the two of them and not Sheldon. Sheldon says where will you live. Leonard says maybe he will move in with Penny or maybe penny can move in there and Sheldon can live across the hall. Sheldon freaks out and asks him if he is on marijuana or was hit on the head with a coconut. Leonard says he is doing it the right way because penny deserves this. Sheldon says it sounds like you are putting your bride to be over me. Leonard say “uh, YEA” Sheldon says “wow” and walks to his room.

Scene 7 Amy’s apartment

Sheldon is pacing and very angry at his day. Amy makes him a strawberry quick. Sheldon says she can’t expect a drink to calm him down. Then he drinks it and says yummy.  Sheldon is upset about work and then says that he is upset at Leonard. Amy says maybe it is for the best, she points out things he doesn't like about that Leonard changed the thermostat. He says yes because its so hot like the Amazon and not the good Amazon with one day shipping. The she says how he hates that he has too many keys. Sheldon says yes does he think he is a warden. She says maybe it will be good for him to live alone. And if he doesn’t like living alone then she can always come and move in with him. Sheldon gets upset and sarcastically says, “sure, lets get engaged too, and start a family and live our sunset years together” Amy sounded upset and told him it was only a suggestion. Sheldon says no you are not moving in and leonard is not moving out. Sheldon says he is also upset she made his quick with syrup instead of powder. He grabs his bag and storms out.

Scene 8 Leonard and Sheldon’s apartment

Leonard is bringing Penny chili and salad. Penny is so excited that Leonard is cooking for her, for once. Leonard says he has to more often since her cooking is yuck. Leonard seems so over the moon. He is so excited. He mentions that they should start to pick a wedding date. Penny said she wants it to coincide with her brothers schedule, so in 12-18months depending on good behavior. Just the Amy walks in looking for Sheldon. Leonard says he though Sheldon was with her. She said he was but he was upset and left. They tell he maybe he just needs to cool off. So Amy pulls up next to Penny and starts a conversation. They explain they are trying to celebrate/enjoy dinner as a newly wed. Amy mentions her concern for Sheldon and Leonard says maybe he wants to be alone. People like to be alone. Implying that they want to be alone. Penny turns to Amy and say “Amy, get out” and Amy say “yep” understanding they want to be alone and leave.

Scene 9 Comic Book Store

Sheldon walks into the comic book store and it is all damaged from a fire and from water from the fire trucks. Sheldon asks him what happened and he explains he was cooking and a hot plate caught on fire. Sheldon asked why he didn’t put it out and he says he was across the street taking a shower at the car wash. Sheldon asks when he will reopen and Stuart says he is waiting to hear from his insurance company. Sheldon says, so tomorrow? Stuart says I don’t mean to be rude but my life is falling apart here. Sheldon says, your life is falling about, I am being forced to work on string theory, my girlfriend loves me so much she wants to live with me and now my favorite place is closed.  Sheldon says that is unacceptable and is going to help Stuart get back on his feet and offers to buy a comic book. Stuart tells him $2.99 and Sheldon offers him a dollar since its wet. Sheldon then asks Stuart if he can break a $20. Stuart sarcastically says sorry I only have $100s. Sheldon gets upset that he is being sarcastic and leaves.

Scene 10 L/S Apartment

Penny and Leonard are sitting on the couch watching tv. Leonard gets up and says he is worried Sheldon is not home yet and is going to check the tracking on his home. Penny says why do you have that and Leonard says he has tracked him since he followed a balloon and got lost. Leonard says that he is at the train station and thinks its weird. Penny says why it is weird he loves trains. Leonard wants to go check on him. Penny says to Leonard, you are a really caring friend. Leonard say yea but mostly his mom would kill him if anything happened to Sheldon.

Scene 11 Comic book store

Howard and Raj walk in and they are in shock. Howard says to Stuart that he doesn’t want to be mean but did he do this for the insurance money. Stuart says now he sounds like the police, the firefighters, his parents, his therapist and the insurance company and no he didn’t. Raj says if he needs anything to let him know. He says actually he needs a place to stay. Raj said I was planning on having Emily sleep over again but he will cancel for Stuart. Stuart interrupts and congratulates him for having sex. Raj says he cant take all the credit, she allowed him to. Student says he can ask him to cancel he is only homeless but Raj is having sex and that’s a bigger deal. Howard says he has an idea where he can have a place to sleep and make some money. He warns him that it will be humiliating and degrading (meaning working with Howards mom) and Stuarts says what’s the catch?

Scene 12 Train station

Sheldon is sitting at the station, Leonard and Penny approach. Leonard asks why is he there and why he is leaving. Sheldon says he need time to sort things out. Leonard says not to leave he doesn’t even have a change of clothes or a toothbrush. Leonard tries to convince him to stay. Leonard says he is going to be like a hobo riding the rails around. Sheldon says he wont be like a hobo because he has a credit card and refusing to eat beans from a can or carry his laptop in a bag on a stick. Penny pulls Leonard away and says you should let him go, I think he needs this. He is a grown man and can make his own choices. Leonard says he looks like a grown man but sometimes children can get mistaken for adults. (not the exact phrase) Penny says to let him go. Sheldon makes a comment to let them know he hears every word they are saying. Leonard agrees to let him go. They tell him to stay safe and check in often. Penny kisses Sheldon on the cheek and then rubs it (like wiping off her lip gloss) and they leave him there.

Scene 13 Ms. Wolowitz House

Howard and Bernie are watching TV and Stuart comes in and says they can go home, everything is taken care of. They are in shock and Stuart thanks them for a “dream” job and he is having a good time. Ms. Wolowitz yells “Stewie, come watch wheel of fortune with me” Student says “Coming Debbie” and he says she asked him to call her Debbie. He then dances happily to her room. Howard and Bernie looked grossed out and said that its unnatural but they are excited they can leave and run out.

Scene 14 L/S Apartment

Amy is pacing and on the phone with Sheldon. She tells Sheldon that she is thankful he checked in and glad he is doing ok. She hangs up the phone. Leonard and Penny ask how he doing and she says surprising he sounds really well. Penny said I think this is for the best. Amy then turns to Leonard and cries out (very sad voice)“why did you let him leave” while hitting Leonard with a pillow.

End

Edited by delsino

I rarely post but I have to say I don't get what is everyone so devastated about? I'm the biggest Shamy fan - and I am loving this. Sheldon's reaction is completely consistent with that of someone whose life as they know it is falling apart. He is very resistant to change, what may seem trivial to the ordinary person is life altering to him, the way he handles it is aligned to the character we believe him to be. Even though what is going on with his relationship with Amy seems really positive, it also represents significant change he is not quite sure how to process. Would someone like him being okay amidst these changes make sense in any context? This Shamy situation can provide a great catalyst for a very self centred character like Sheldon to grow through introspection. He needs to come to self realization about his feelings for Amy, perhaps lose her to really appreciate her fundamental importance to his happiness. Relationships are hard and become stronger for withstanding challenges. It can't just be smooth sailing, this rough patch feels authentic and I think overcoming it (let's be real, we know they will) lays a foundation for a for great things for our Shamy. I personally am excited to see where they take this.

I wonder if we will see Proton mentoring him some more as a force ghost?

I think people are putting way too much credit on this being a "catalyst" for anything. If it were meant to be a catalyst for anything, Amy would have had some sort of reaction, not just standing there and taking it. This is going to go up in smoke in the premiere like Leonard's trip didn't amount to anything, like Raj and Penny didn't amount to anything. These writers don't have the guts to make big changes. They had their big shocking finale and things are going to go back to status quo next season. Unless what? Lenny move Sheldon into 4B while he's away? What makes you think that Sheldon will come back from this a changed man and become more of the boyfriend Amy needs him to be? And if after 4 years he still refuses to give much of anything to her and even mocks the prospect of settling down with her, why would I buy that it is realistic for Amy to stick with him in the hope that ONE DAY he will be half as invested in this relationship as she is? That's my problem with the writing: it's becoming harder and harder for me to buy into anything because for the sake of shock and humor and lack of planning nothing makes sense. I truly, honestly, don't understand WHY Sheldon and Amy are in a relationship, at this juncture.

What irritates me beyond belief is that it is NEVER about Amy. It's always about SHELDON: he's not ready, he's scared, he's freaking out, he doesn't know if he loves her, he doesn't know if he's attracted to her, he doesn't understand this, he doesn't understand that. Meanwhile, I have to buy that it is realistic for her to stick around waiting for him to see the light? She's all fine and good with everything? He goes an breaks up with her on a whim, she manipulates him to stay together, then he mocks the idea of settling down with her and leaves without so much of a goodbye, like she factors less than zero in his decisions, and she's FINE with it?! 

I think people are putting way too much credit on this being a "catalyst" for anything. If it were meant to be a catalyst for anything, Amy would have had some sort of reaction, not just standing there and taking it. This is going to go up in smoke in the premiere like Leonard's trip didn't amount to anything, like Raj and Penny didn't amount to anything. These writers don't have the guts to make big changes. They had their big shocking finale and things are going to go back to status quo next season. Unless what? Lenny move Sheldon into 4B while he's away? What makes you think that Sheldon will come back from this a changed man and become more of the boyfriend Amy needs him to be? And if after 4 years he still refuses to give much of anything to her and even mocks the prospect of settling down with her, why would I buy that it is realistic for Amy to stick with him in the hope that ONE DAY he will be half as invested in this relationship as she is? That's my problem with the writing: it's becoming harder and harder for me to buy into anything because for the sake of shock and humor and lack of planning nothing makes sense. I truly, honestly, don't understand WHY Sheldon and Amy are in a relationship, at this juncture.

What irritates me beyond belief is that it is NEVER about Amy. It's always about SHELDON: he's not ready, he's scared, he's freaking out, he doesn't know if he loves her, he doesn't know if he's attracted to her, he doesn't understand this, he doesn't understand that. Meanwhile, I have to buy that it is realistic for her to stick around waiting for him to see the light? She's all fine and good with everything? He goes an breaks up with her on a whim, she manipulates him to stay together, then he mocks the idea of settling down with her and leaves without so much of a goodbye, like she factors less than zero in his decisions, and she's FINE with it?! 

Lets face it. Sheldon has been a main character from the first episode of the first season. Amy has become important but the main three remain Leonard, Sheldon and Penny.

Amy has shown she can cope with Sheldon.

Lets face it. Sheldon has been a main character from the first episode of the first season. Amy has become important but the main three remain Leonard, Sheldon and Penny.

Amy has shown she can cope with Sheldon.

But so what?! Even Bernadette isn't used as a plot device as Amy is. And she's not the girlfriend to one of the lead characters. Or the third most popular character on the show. Why is it so much to ask that they write her as more than a mere plot device, especially since they used to do so in S4 and 5?

I'm not objecting to the overall concept of the episode, just like I didn't object to the overall concept of Table back in January. What I strongly dislike is the execution. I'm not expecting all sunshine and rainbows, I was not against a break up, nor anything. But I expect more than Amy just sitting there and taking it just so they give her something to do in the background while he walks all over her. What is the message here? It went from "The only way Sheldon Cooper could have a relationship is with someone who's exactly like him" to "The only way Sheldon Cooper could have a relationship is with someone who just takes all his crap without batting an eye".

Basically EVERYONE has a happy finale but Amy. Lenny are happily discussing wedding plans, howadette are supportive of each other and secure enough to joke about divorce, raj is having sex with his girlfriend, Stuart is enjoying his time with Mrs W. (Yay for them). Sheldon seems to be doing really well without Amy.

And Amy is just left alone and having to wait for Sheldon to come back to her? Oh my god this is so funny like omg I can't pick myself up from the floor.

I hope that during the summer break, Sheldon will somehow realize that he has been an ass to Amy, and that he needs to badly apologize and make up for his attitude.
And that at the beginning of season 8, when he'll come back, he'll try to apologize but Amy won't listen to his shit anymore. And the table will have turned and this time, it will be Sheldon who will have to "run after" (in lack for better expression) Amy while she's mad at him.

(on a side note, Stuart with Mrs Wolowitz cracks me up)

Edited by Leia

Thanks for the reports. IMO, some of the dramatic parts make more sense in context. Sheldon seems to be acting in character to me. I'm anxious to see what the actual episode is like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk