S7 Spoilers

bigbangsheldon

The whole thing with Sheldon would be a little bit better if Leonard and Penny were on Amy's side or even slightly supportive and friendly to her. It hurts to see everyone treating Amy this way. :( she deserves better.

Amy herself is the problem , given she stays with Sheldon even though he rarely shows any affection....and always complains about not getting any sugar...

if you like the relationship .... stay... don't complain..

if you don't ---- break it off...and be happy...

And given how big bang is almost always about how Sheldon feels (nothing new with this) .... this will probably continue....  :)

Edited by vasu
  • Like 2

How is just offering a shoulder to cry on revolving around someone???????????????????????? I just????????????????????

Leonard and Penny are happy, you'd think they could use some of that happiness to help out the woman who has always been there for them - especially Penny. But no, no, we need to pick flowers and a wedding cake, like these things can't wait!!!! It needs to be done right that minute because wedding cakes will all be gone tomorrow!!!

Ah, a reasoned argument. In fact, they did stop what they were doing and find Sheldon. 

According to the mini report

-Lenny are having dinner in 4A, They are discussing setting a date.. Amy walks in carrying her car keys and asked if they had seen Sheldon as he stormed out of her place and wasn't picking up his phone. They said No, Leonard points out he has had a rough couple of days and maybe just leave him be for the time being. Amy Agrees and sits down next to penny and asks "what yah dooing". Lenny hint for her to leave as they want privacy but eventually Penny just tells her to leave..

Later

-Lenny are in 4A, Sheldon is still missing. Leonard decided to track his phone on the laptop and finds out he is at the train station.. Lenny decide to go and see whats going on and leave to find him

When they find him

Leonard and Penny find sheldon at the train station.. inly with his satchel.. Sheldon is pretty shaken by all the change going on, Leonard tries to talk him out of leaving, Penny pulls Leonard to a side and says maybe letting him go will be for the best, After some convincing, Leonard agrees and they let him go. Penny gives Sheldon a hug and kiss goodbye.

Still later

Tag 2: Lenny and Amy in 4A. Amy is on the phone to Sheldon.. She tells him thanks for checkin in.. and puts the phone down.. she said it sounds like he is doing well, like really well. Penny mentions its for the best. then Amy picks up a pillow and screams at Johnny. "HOW CAN YOU LET HIM GO" while hitting him repeatedly with the pillow.

Amy's reaction was just her venting her frustrations. If you had actually read the report, (and maybe get a real life... but I digress ) you wouldn't be so upset.

To paraphrase Hardware Wars 'Take it easy kid, it's only a T.V. show.'.

Edited by Tripper
  • Like 1

That's true, but that's what would happen in a normal relationship - not in Sheldon and Amy's relationship. Again, while Sheldon has done a lot of growing over the past season or two, he's still learning, and with such shocks it's understandable that he'd do what comes naturally to him rather than a recently learned response.

Also, what he said to Amy was completely in character and I don't believe he was mocking her at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fact that it could happen at any relationship doesn't make it suck any less really. If I think Sheldon should leave to find himself?? By all means but Amy is an important person in his life he should have talked about it before hand. I am not even saying asking for her opinion at least let her say goodbye properly and not leave her hanging like that. An episode before that he brags about how he feels secure that Amy wouldn't be physical with anyone else and now he does that?? Shouldn't she feel a little secure that he is not gonna leave running at the next hard time?? I am not saying it's OOC I just say it sucks big time.

I should first see the episode to know if he mocks her or not but based on previous experience I am not too confident.

As for Lenny I don't thing it is that bad but I am a little disappointed. I guess Amy puts on a brave face on the phone with Sheldon and she let herself free afterwards. The fact that she hits Leonard with the pillow. I just think it's an act of despair along with the fact that she is accusing him. I don't think she means that I just think that given that Leonard is his best friend she believes he could have made him stay. And at times like that you let it out to your friends and probably to people that have done nothing wrong. That's the way it works. I don't think Leonard would be offended cause that's what true friends do they hear everything and then give you a hug.

• Like 2

Amy herself is the problem , given she stays with Sheldon even though he rarely shows any affection....and always complains about not getting any sugar...

if you like the relationship .... stay... don't complain..

if you don't ---- break it off...and be happy...

And given how big bang is almost always about how Sheldon feels (nothing new with this) .... this will probably continue....  :)

Great, just what we needed!!! VICTIM BLAMING!!!

ABUSE VICTIMS AREN'T RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR ABUSE. I REPEAT: ABUSE VICTIMS AREN'T FUCKING RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR ABUSE.

• Like 2

Great, just what we needed!!! VICTIM BLAMING!!!

ABUSE VICTIMS AREN'T RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR ABUSE. I REPEAT: ABUSE VICTIMS AREN'T FUCKING RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR ABUSE.

do u need a hot cold beverage ....... cause u already seem pretty hot...  lol

• Like 3

All right everyone cool down. If you want to discuss it fine. Just leave the personal jabs out of it. Discuss the post, not the poster. And those posters who are not Shamy's, feel free to post, please just try to be a bit empathic with them.

• Like 4

@vasu life would be great if there was an on/off switch controling emotions but there isn't one sadly. Amy wasn't completely happy on this relationship and if she could break it off and be happy I couldn't ask for more. But then love comes into play. If she broke it off she wouldn't be happy she would be a mess. That's what happens when you're in love. I supose she could still handle the situation or her love for Sheldon is greater than any complaint she has about him so she stayed. Should she suffer in silence?? Maybe but it feels a bit cruel. She was coping the best she could trying to be with the person she loves. But as my besties say sometimes love just isn't enough. I don't know if Shamy reached a point where their problems are greater than their love. Somehow I just wouldn't want see Amy waiting for Sheldon to decide he actually wants her. I was fine with her character up to now but this is the point when she has to take her life into her own hands.

Edited by Cecilia
  • Like 6

Thank you so much for the report Kaz! :)  Hope you get well soon. :) 

As for the exciting discussion, I think we should wait until the real episode to have a better conclusion about Lenny's friendship towards Amy. But there are two things I can totally conclude now: Sheldon sucks and the writers suck! :D Amy has to suffer so much. Hopefully they will do a good job next season. 

As for the Amy victim, as long as the writers don't treat Amy as a character, she will suffer again. I guarantee it. Poor my baby. Again: I blame the producers and writers. 

I was expecting Sheldon would cling to Amy with all the change happening but he is not quite there yet.

This is probably more realistic for his character.

Sheldon is too afraid of getting too close to Amy. This will sort itself out but we will have to wait for next season.

• Like 2

I rarely post but I have to say I don't get what is everyone so devastated about? I'm the biggest Shamy fan - and I am loving this. Sheldon's reaction is completely consistent with that of someone whose life as they know it is falling apart. He is very resistant to change, what may seem trivial to the ordinary person is life altering to him, the way he handles it is aligned to the character we believe him to be. Even though what is going on with his relationship with Amy seems really positive, it also represents significant change he is not quite sure how to process. Would someone like him being okay amidst these changes make sense in any context? This Shamy situation can provide a great catalyst for a very self centred character like Sheldon to grow through introspection. He needs to come to self realization about his feelings for Amy, perhaps lose her to really appreciate her fundamental importance to his happiness. Relationships are hard and become stronger for withstanding challenges. It can't just be smooth sailing, this rough patch feels authentic and I think overcoming it (let's be real, we know they will) lays a foundation for a for great things for our Shamy. I personally am excited to see where they take this.

I wonder if we will see Proton mentoring him some more as a force ghost?

I think people are putting way too much credit on this being a "catalyst" for anything. If it were meant to be a catalyst for anything, Amy would have had some sort of reaction, not just standing there and taking it. This is going to go up in smoke in the premiere like Leonard's trip didn't amount to anything, like Raj and Penny didn't amount to anything. These writers don't have the guts to make big changes. They had their big shocking finale and things are going to go back to status quo next season. Unless what? Lenny move Sheldon into 4B while he's away? What makes you think that Sheldon will come back from this a changed man and become more of the boyfriend Amy needs him to be? And if after 4 years he still refuses to give much of anything to her and even mocks the prospect of settling down with her, why would I buy that it is realistic for Amy to stick with him in the hope that ONE DAY he will be half as invested in this relationship as she is? That's my problem with the writing: it's becoming harder and harder for me to buy into anything because for the sake of shock and humor and lack of planning nothing makes sense. I truly, honestly, don't understand WHY Sheldon and Amy are in a relationship, at this juncture.

What irritates me beyond belief is that it is NEVER about Amy. It's always about SHELDON: he's not ready, he's scared, he's freaking out, he doesn't know if he loves her, he doesn't know if he's attracted to her, he doesn't understand this, he doesn't understand that. Meanwhile, I have to buy that it is realistic for her to stick around waiting for him to see the light? She's all fine and good with everything? He goes an breaks up with her on a whim, she manipulates him to stay together, then he mocks the idea of settling down with her and leaves without so much of a goodbye, like she factors less than zero in his decisions, and she's FINE with it?! 

Lets face it. Sheldon has been a main character from the first episode of the first season. Amy has become important but the main three remain Leonard, Sheldon and Penny.

Amy has shown she can cope with Sheldon.

• Like 3

I hope that during the summer break, Sheldon will somehow realize that he has been an ass to Amy, and that he needs to badly apologize and make up for his attitude.
And that at the beginning of season 8, when he'll come back, he'll try to apologize but Amy won't listen to his shit anymore. And the table will have turned and this time, it will be Sheldon who will have to "run after" (in lack for better expression) Amy while she's mad at him.

(on a side note, Stuart with Mrs Wolowitz cracks me up)

Edited by Leia
  • Like 8

Thanks for the reports. IMO, some of the dramatic parts make more sense in context. Sheldon seems to be acting in character to me. I'm anxious to see what the actual episode is like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk