S7 Spoilers

bigbangsheldon

Just wanted to say thanks for the taping reports. I don't think there's anything that bad about Sheldon going away for the summer. Ok he should have told Amy before he left but she probably would have tried to stop him. He should apologise for that but if he needs time on his own he's entitled to it. It sounds like him and Amy will talk / Skype every day and I think she'll move in with him in season 8. Or maybe I'm just in an overly positive mood today! I can see why Amy fans would be disappointed though which sucks.

What I like is that Amy is more pissed off (maybe with leonard but still) than upset, this has potential but only if the writers use it otherwise it is a pointless finale and just a standard episode -_-

• Like 2

Thanks for the taping reports.

Sheldon needs some time to think about what he has done. Thats all.

If he would have reacted differently than he did than he wouldn`t be Sheldon IMO. And I love the Shamy deeply and I also wanna hug the sad Amy and offer her a hot beverage.

But I wait with the finale review when I watched the episode.

Edited by BlackWhiteRose
  • Like 4

Thanks to Kazzie and Delsino for the report ... also sorry for you guys ...

OK, I saw that coming, Sheldon just freaked out and left.
We're in a comedy ... and there's always a little bit of drama. Here, I agree that sucks !

I think we're all disappointed because we clearly expect from Sheldon that he admits that he loves Amy and needs her in his life, as his constant.

OK, it won't happen right now. Does that mean it won't ever happen? I don't think so.

I don't think Sheldon doesn't care about Amy (or she wouldn't have him to the phone in the last scene).

My point is: Yes, she deserves better, she has done so much for him because SHE LOVES HIM. But maybe Sheldon needs to be away for a few months to realize what he had done, what he's missing and how to fix things.
I really hope it will go that way. OK we leave the season 7 with a selfish and terrified Sheldon who go back to his mother.
I want him back more adult ... with quirks and all ... but he definitely needs to grow up now !

What is annoying to me is that writers made Sheldon moved on and after all the progress, made him go back few years ago, when he wasn't involved in a relationship and where the only thing he had to think about was him and only him.

IMO, the worst part isn't Sheldon being selfish, it's Leonard and Penny who are only thinking about themselves.

I understand the point that Penny told to Leonard to let Sheldon go.
I don't understand the part that Amy needs support and they just wanted to be alone with their happiness.

I don't understand why Leonard is talking about taking the 4A apartment with Penny.
Did he forget that it was Sheldon apartment before he moved in it, 7 years ago? Did he forget what Sheldon just had to go through the last weeks? Did he forget how fragile he could be with things who are changing?

I can't deal anymore with Leonard since the half of this season, since the writers made him mean and not funny at all when it comes to Sheldon ...

Is that friendship? I don't think so !

The positive point is about Raj (because here, we're on the season 7 spoiler thread, not on a Shamy one).
I really like Emily and I'm so happy for them. It seems to work. I can't wait to see where their relationship is going in the season 8 :)

Since I had few more sleep hours after reading this report, I'm less angry and I already have some ideas of fanfics ... because yes, this cliffhanger sucks but I feel we're gonna be surprised :)
I hope so !

Edited by Chrystalie
  • Like 5

Thanks to Kazzie and Delsino for the report ... also sorry for you guys ...

OK, I saw that coming, Sheldon just freaked out and left.

We're in a comedy ... and there's always a little bit of drama. Here, I agree that sucks !

I think we're all disappointed because we clearly expect from Sheldon that he admits that he loves Amy and needs her in his life, as his constant.

OK, it won't happen right now. Does that mean it won't ever happen? I don't think so.

I don't think Sheldon doesn't care about Amy (or she wouldn't have him to the phone in the last scene).

My point is: Yes, she deserves better, she has done so much for him because SHE LOVES HIM. But maybe Sheldon needs to be away for a few months to realize what he had done, what he's missing and how to fix things.

I really hope it will go that way. OK we leave the season 7 with a selfish and terrified Sheldon who go back to his mother.

I want him back more adult ... with quirks and all ... but he definitely needs to grow up now !

What is annoying to me is that writers made Sheldon moved on and after all the progress, made him go back few years ago, when he wasn't involved in a relationship and where the only thing he had to think about was him and only him.

IMO, the worst part isn't Sheldon being selfish, it's Leonard and Penny who are only thinking about themselves.

I understand the point that Penny told to Leonard to let Sheldon go.

I don't understand the part that Amy needs support and they just wanted to be alone with their happiness.

I don't understand why Leonard is talking about taking the 4A apartment with Penny.

Did he forget that it was Sheldon apartment before he moved in it, 7 years ago? Did he forget what Sheldon just had to go through the last weeks? Did he forget how fragile he could be with things who are changing?

I can't deal anymore with Leonard since the half of this season, since the writers made him mean and not funny at all when it comes to Sheldon ...

Is that friendship? I don't think so !

The positive point is about Raj (because here, we're on the season 7 spoiler thread, not on a Shamy one).

I really like Emily and I'm so happy for them. It seems to work. I can't wait to see where their relationship is going in the season 8 :)

Since I had few more sleep hours after reading this report, I'm less angry and I already have some ideas of fanfics ... because yes, this cliffhanger sucks but I feel we're gonna be surprised :)

I hope so !

They made Leonard mean? Leonard is the only one who understands Sheldon's quirks and lives with him on purpose. Don't forget about Sheldon's a-hole behaviour all the time! And where did Amy need support? She was just looking for Sheldon and I can't read any sadness out of the taping report. But, go on, blame Leonard for everything...

The thing that disappoints me with this episode is that it is a recycle of previous plots in the same predictable way.

- couple appears to break-up in the season finale. Leonard and Penny, Raj and Lucy, now Sheldon and Amy.

- one of the guys goes away for the summer just when his love life is heating up. Leonard twice, now Sheldon.

-  there is a breakup before the final joining of the couple. Howard and Bernadette, Leonard and Penny, now (hopefully) Sheldon and Amy.

As Koops pointed out, they could have varied this pattern at least by having the previously pursued partner being the one dumped by the "sainted" one.

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 8

Thank you.

This is exactly what I meant this morning, but people seem so busy in being upset that I think I wasn't clear enough.

IMO, if Sheldon finally calls her, it only means that a break up is not on his mind, but it also shows he cares for her.

Even though Amy didn't consciously pressure him into moving in with her, I can understand why he feels this way. She may argue that it was just a " suggestion ", it's not the first time she's mentioning it. It's far from being an innocent " suggestion ", Sheldon knows it and is right into feeling pressured. But it's like sex or anything physical, he just needs time.

I don't know what to expect for season 8 yet. Although I really really expected an ILY for this finale, if now he returns and tells her, it would feel strange. I have to agree that now the writers are trapped, either Sheldon comes back unchanged, or he comes back changed but it will feel awkward.

• Like 3

I have to say I feel sad, for Amy.  She deserves better period.  She loves him.  Not that it is OOC for Sheldon but to have your future with your boyfriend of fours years be dismissed so easily by said boyfriend is extremely heartbreaking.  I keep thing how happy she was at then end of Cooper Extraction.  She had hope.

But this is just a plot device  (again) to drag things out between them.   We now know what season 8 will be about.  Was so hoping for something more inventive.

I have a question.  When the phone call takes place in the Tag is Amy on her cell phone or the apartment phone.  Didi he call her? or did he call Lenny? 

• Like 1

It went from "The only way Sheldon Cooper could have a relationship is with someone who's exactly like him" to "The only way Sheldon Cooper could have a relationship is with someone who just takes all his crap without batting an eye".

Who else would put up with him?

• Like 1

They made Leonard mean? Leonard is the only one who understands Sheldon's quirks and lives with him on purpose. Don't forget about Sheldon's a-hole behaviour all the time! And where did Amy need support? She was just looking for Sheldon and I can't read any sadness out of the taping report. But, go on, blame Leonard for everything...

I don't want to upset anyone here, this is why I said it was my opinion. I can understand people could agree or not about what I previously said.

Sheldon isn't always aware of his behaviour. Leonard is. And Leonard knows how Sheldon is, since the beginning, no one put a knife under his throat to handle him.

But we clearly feel that Leonard is tired and sick about Sheldon's behaviour since this season, just by the way he talked to him sometimes.

Yes he is a good friend. But the way he could say things to him or about him just annoyed me a lot.

And I think it was time for them to stop living together.

• Like 1

In many ways this is typical. Sheldon apologists won't blame Sheldon for being an asshole, so they blame those around him. Sheldon has been treating Amy badly for years. This episode is only different in that he's run away, probably as was suggested earlier to his mother (or maybe his mee-ma).

Edited by eirwinrommel
  • Like 3

They made Leonard mean? Leonard is the only one who understands Sheldon's quirks and lives with him on purpose. Don't forget about Sheldon's a-hole behavior all the time! And where did Amy need support? She was just looking for Sheldon and I can't read any sadness out of the taping report. But, go on, blame Leonard for everything...

"Lenny" decisions equals Penny decisions, that's always how that equation works. Penny told Amy to "get out" while Leonard was hinting that they wanted privacy to plan their wedding. Amy understood immediately that Penny is in "Bride" mode and she did not take offense. Leonard wanted to keep Sheldon in Pasadena but Penny told Leonard to let him go for his own good. Leonard told Sheldon that Lenny would live without him because Penny deserved this. And you know she would not accept any other arrangement.

All these Penny decisions are perfectly understandable even if the agitated Shamy would not agree at the time.

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 9

Hells yes. Sheldon has to buck up sometime. He's an adult, purportedly. What he does is no reflection on Leonard. Leonard has propped him up for a long time and now Shelly is leaving home and, maybe growing up. Slightly different to other EOYs. And there is no reason for Leonard to hold his hand at this point.

• Like 3

Hells yes. Sheldon has to buck up sometime. He's an adult, purportedly. What he does is no reflection on Leonard. Leonard has propped him up for a long time and now Shelly is leaving home and, maybe growing up. Slightly different to other EOYs. And there is no reason for Leonard to hold his hand at this point.

I'm kinda glad they didn't stop him from going, because Sheldon is a grown man and sometimes he needs to do things without Leonard's help or someone pampering him. Penny told Leonard to let him go, because taking care of him is not his job anymore (never was). It was Sheldon's own decision.

I'm kind of confused about Sheldon not being able to change his area of study.  Can any academics weigh in?  Is that realistic?  Surely he could just run parallel research?

Oh, and I guess no tenure resolution yet.  Boo.

That is actually very realistic. If he is working on a grant to study string theory, that is what he has to do, unless the group that controls the grant works out something different for him. Anything else would be illegal. I worked a program, where we were informed our results didn't matter because the funds authority was not going to do anything with it after we were done, but we still had to finish, because the money was already appropriated. It is crazy but it does happen.

Also how was a Sheldon melt down turned into such a big relationship issue. Sheldon obviously had a melt down which is common for people like him. The living arrangement changes due to the engagement, his all season job problems and finally the comic book store, his refuge taken away from him, made him snap, not Amy.

I sort of resent the hard core Shamy's ragging on Lenny. They went to the train station to try and stop him and they talked to Amy, they did their best for their friends, they are not Shamy servents, they have done way more for Sheldon than he has evèr done for them, so chill.

• Like 8

Long time lurker. First time poster! Found this forum only a couple of months ago and having been an avid contributor to a sport related forum a few years ago, it's interesting to see that regardless of a forum's focus, the same group dynamics apply. Clearly in this fascinating thread we have the stereotypical overly emotional, the conclusion jumpers, the sarcastic pot stirrers, the cheer leaders, the self appointed experts, the ridiculously biased, the " I shouldn't have posted this comment at 3 in the morning when I was so tired" and so on ( and I make all these observations with love in my heart!) Me personally, I'm more the rational logical stereotype who tries to keep the emotions in check and stick with evidence at hand. So much for the introduction.

Clearly many in this forum who have made strong emotional connections to this wonderful comedy and its lovable bunch of characters are understandably upset and I'm not going to judge that. I can get that way with my wildly unsuccessful football team back here in Australia so I feel your pain. But hopefully in the cold light of day after a good night or two's sleep and some time to take of our Amy colored glasses ( that's probably the closest I'll get to an insult), we can come back in four weeks when we actually watch the show instead of interpreting some wonderful but not 100% perfect taping reports, we can come back and look at the events in a different light.

I've only been watching the show for a bit over the year and watching episodes in syndication out of sequence didn't allow me to fully understand the show and the relationships. This changed when I became obsessed during the Aussie Summer School holidays and I got hold of the entire series and watched it from episode one to now in about 4 weeks. To this day I manage to rewatch episodes on a daily basis so am getting close to being as obsessed with the show as many here, the only difference being I am not emotionally attached to the character ships like many here.

After that long winded build up, I'll get to my points.

I feel the attacks on Lenny are a little more than unwarranted. I think those who are understandably upset about Amy's role in the finale are reading the taping report with their emotions not their eyes. Unless something different was said in the chat rooms that is not in delsinos report ( amazing effort that, by the way) I just can't see the bad treatment Amy got from them. My reading of the report is that neither Amy or Lenny are aware that Sheldon has left in the way it pans out when Penny asks her to 'get out'. All they know is that Sheldon has left Amy's apartment upset and not returned. Not exactly first time behaviour for our Shelly. From the word of the reports, Amy wasn't exactly emotionally distraught at this point and neither Lenny or Amy are really aware of what is to come. It appears from my reading that Amy recognizes herself that the engaged couple want some time alone, (Penny could have expressed it nicer but I thinks she recognizes that Leonard's less than obvious hints are not always effective with Amy and realises clarity works better with Amy)) and leaves voluntarily and not too upset.

it's only 1 scene later when Lenny realise that something is amiss and they head straight to Sheldon to find out what is wrong, something that they have done so many times during this show, that I shouldn't have to list examples. Yes they could have called Amy like Penny did in the Table episode but she may or may not have got to the station in time anyway ( I'm no expert in the relative distance from the train station her apartment is compared to 4A). In keeping with both long term and recent characterizations, Leonard tries to convince him to stay but Penny in her current role of understanding what is needed for Sheldon ( I'm well aware many are angry with this sudden influence but again I don't feel the need to quote many times in previous seasons she has done this) and feels they should let him go.

A couple of scenes later we are back at the apartment with Amy on the phone with Lenny in the background listening. In a 20 minute sitcom we don't see everything that happens and no one on this forum can 100% unemotionally categorically state that between these two scenes Penny didn't contact Amy and discuss what happened at the station or at Amy's apartment in more detail. Everyone's responses are based on what we so often describe as head canon on this forum which is based on what we want to happen, not what we know has happened. It is here I really want to see for myself how this last scene plays out, not interpret the words of a taping report. All I can say is that I read that Amy has spoken to Sheldon, she notes to Lenny that he sounds better and Penny thinks it needed to pan out like this. And then, probably to build the cliff hanger moment ( which unfortunately for the emotionally attached fueled the flames more) Amy lashes out at Leonard ( maybe Amy reads fan forums and recognizes that it is always Leonard's fault so it was the right thing to do), in an emotional outburst not dissimilar to her "what the hell Sheldon" moment in the Season 6 living together episode.

That's my 2 cents worth. Will it be a funny episode? We don't know until we watch it, although I have already had a chuckle at some of the scenarios outlined in the reports. Will everyone be happy? NO . Fan forums would not exist if we all agreed with each other. will it rate well? Yep. And if every poster here who has threatened to never watch the show again because they are so upset follow through on their threat, the ratings will be affected by 0.00001% while I tune in later in the year to watch the clichéd, lazy, spiteful writers put together a season opener that will delight or infuriate everyone here.

Sorry I went on so much. I've been waiting so long write something here I got carried away. I look forward to commenting on actual viewed episodes in the next four weeks when we can react to actual events not interpretations of them. I got to get ready for work tomorrow.

• Like 5

That is actually very realistic. If he is working on a grant to study string theory, that is what he has to do, unless the group that controls the grant works out something different for him. Anything else would be illegal. I worked a program, where we were informed our results didn't matter because the funds authority was not going to do anything with it after we were done, but we still had to finish, because the money was already appropriated. It is crazy but it does happen.

Also how was a Sheldon melt down turned into such a big relationship issue. Sheldon obviously had a melt down which is common for people like him. The living arrangement changes due to the engagement, his all season job problems and finally the comic book store, his refuge taken away from him, made him snap, not Amy.

I sort of resent the hard core Shamy's ragging on Lenny. They went to the train station to try and stop him and they talked to Amy, they did their best for their friends, they are not Shamy servents, they have done way more for Sheldon than he has evèr done for them, so chill.

Agree with all of this. I need to learn to say things in fewer words like this!

I know I'm completely against the flow in here, but I couldn't be happier about the finale! Like Mayim, I think this is awesome!

Here is what I posted in the Shamy spoilers thread to explain my point of view:

Imagine a boy who has a phobia of water and who is struggling to learn how to swim. He knows swimming is good. Everybody tells him it would be better for him if he could swim. The idea of going in the water, however, remains extremely scary. First, he dips his toes a few times, and realizes the contact is not that bad after all, but he is not ready to go all the way yet. Then, suddenly, brutally, he is forced to jump in. The contact with water over his entire body is nearly unbearable; it sends chills down his spine; it is so cold and terrifying he can't breathe. He wants out! But then, after a moment, he realizes it is not that bad, just like with his toes earlier; he realizes that he will be okay.

Cheer up, beautiful people!

lol did I just quote W.W?

Edited by FrenchBBTfan
  • Like 7

I still have a few pages to read but after going through the comments I see several good points from different people.

-All these little things are dominos and are coming down one after another.

-Sheldon has gotten better at social situations but with all of this happening at one time it makes sense he freaks out and goes to the one person that we know can help him sort out everything - Meemaw.

-Even though Amy was only making a suggestion about him living alone or her moving in it was too soon to say anything because he already had enough to deal with.

-He truly loves Amy but needs to get away and have time to detox and then he'll realize he loves and needs her too.

-He's always had trains and a comic book store as something consistent in his life whether he lived in Pasadena or Texas.  Stuart's store burning was just another domino falling and Sheldon truly can't comprehend somewhere he's always been able to go for comfort is now gone and it may not come back.

-Him calling Amy shows he cares for her but he's so confused and stressed right now that he doesn't know which is up.

-Lenny letting him go was for the best because if they had told Amy she would've just gone after him and that would've made things worse because it would only stress him out to the point he might crack and do something crazier than go back to Texas.

I know first-hand why Sheldon reacted the way he did so while I was stunned when I read the taping report (THANK YOU, KAZZIE AND DEL!!!) after I thought about it it made perfect sense.  Am I happy about how it was handled?  Not initially, but as I said this is exactly the way I would expect someone with all of Sheldon's quirks to react.  He can't find anything positive in any of this, including knowing Amy loves him, because it's all jumbled together and he can't sort through it right now.

And that's my 0.2 cents.  :curtsey:

Edited by Anita Rez
  • Like 4