The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bigbangsheldon

S7 Spoilers

Sheldon was saying that he'd been thinking about it too.  I'm not saying that Sheldon's scenario was realistic, but that Leonard suggesting that Sheldon might move out is not his right, no matter how much Sheldon "interferes" with his life.

I'm sorry, but I don't think Leonard should even be considering suggesting that he and Penny could take over the apartment.  If Leonard wants to live with Penny without having Sheldon there, then he can suggest that he wants to live with Penny, and he can say that he's wanting to move out in order to do so.

...snip..

If Leonard wants to live with Penny and not Sheldon, then, like I said, he's got the whole city of Pasadena to pick from.

Yeah, but L/P moving breaks the unholy trinity. So the idea has to be considered. Unless they drop the across the hall notion.

• Like 2

If Sheldon's name is on the lease, which it most assuredly is, then Leonard can't push him out, even if Leonard's name is also on the lease, which it probably is as well.

Leonard has no legal right (or social right) to assume that he can just move Penny in and tell Sheldon to move out.

It doesn't matter who owns the building unless the owner is evicting someone for some reason (which is not the case here.)

Now, what they eventually decide to do in the story telling is up in the air and probably somewhere down the line, not immediate, but if Sheldon decides to move out, it should be just that--his own decision, not Leonard's.

That's all I'm saying--that Leonard cannot presume to suggest that Sheldon should be the one to move.

You absolutely correct that it was Sheldon's apartment originally. So I believe that they should have Sheldon force his will. Penny and Leonrd will have their own place to live and Sheldon will have 2 lawn chairs in front of his TV and Amy (maybe). Sounds like a great deal to me and well over due.

What did Amy tell Sheldon in the tenure episode? You may be more intelligent but I doubt you would obtain any new friends.

Grow up Sheldon! You may be an egotistic but you haven't lived up to hour reputation!

The real problem is that next season will be Poor, poor Sheldon and over shadow the fact that L/P after all these years are getting married and Rag after all these years finally has a S.O.

All hail Lord Sheldon! :)

Edited by SodidIwin?
  • Like 1

To respond to the contention that Sheldon was mean to Amy, I really don't see it that way.  He has some major hang-ups that he's working through, and unfortunately sometimes other people get hurt in the process.  He wasn't trying to hurt her, just dealing with his own stuff.  There are situations when it's time to end the relationship, but it's Amy's call whether that's the case.  They've been together for a long time now, long enough that ending the relationship isn't a decision to be made lightly.  Every couple has problems that test their commitment to each other and how much they can take.  In a lot of ways, Sheldon has been a really good boyfriend to Amy--as good as he knows how to be.  On top of that, he's willing to try to be better as long as she tells him what she needs.  He's going through a really, really tough time and maybe she'll be loving and patient til it settles down, and then she can talk to him about how his meltdown affected her.

Phanta, I really appreciate your perspective, and those of a lot of other people too, but Phanta seems to be the one under fire right now.

• Like 5

I have not been around here very long.  To all if you that have been here for a long time.  Is it possible that they will never get together "completely"?( and no I don't mean just sex)

I think we are all here for some solace.

Edited by Shamyyes

I get that you like Sheldon more than anyone one...

but your posts are not even making any sense.... Leonard was suggesting different options when Sheldon was the one had already decided everything....

and you seem to be perfectly ok with that...

next time you will probably say that Leonard has no right to speak in front of Sheldon... lol

That's not at all what I'm saying.  I said that Sheldon's suggested scenario was ridiculous.  But it didn't involve suggesting that Leonard move out, either.

How are my posts not making sense?  Sheldon's name is on the lease.  Don't you think that's true (in the reality of the story)?  Leonard's name is on the lease.

What you're saying is ridiculous.  Just because Sheldon "interferes" with Leonard's life, Leonard has the right to suggest that Sheldon should move out?  That is what doesn't make sense.  It's not about tit for tat.  It's about legality and common sense.

I'm not saying that Leonard was saying, "Get out!", but that to even suggest that an alternative FOR SHELDON was that he could just move out of his own home, is not right.

If you had a roommate and your roommate got married, would you expect to be told, "well, you can just live across the hall because I'm bring my wife in here"?

You would expect your roommate to move out to live with is wife, or whatever.

dunno if y'all have seen this. but this is from TV line finale spoiler article.

PRE-FINALE EPISODES | Sheldon suffers a loss in the May 1 episode and it's Professor Proton (returning guest star Bob Newhart) to the rescue! "He comes back to help Sheldon deal with that," previews exec producer Steve Molaro of the outing, which also finds Amy and Bernadette collaborating on a "May the 4th Be With You" day gift for the guys. "It's out big Star Wars episode," Molaro declares. "There will be some cool special effects. Industrial Light and Magic helped us out." In the May 8 ep, production on Penny's latest B-movie (which also stars Wil Wheaton, see photo, above) begins, while Raj's romance with Emily hits "a pretty big bump."

MAY 15 SEASON FINALE | The pesky engagement issue rears its awkward head again for Penny and Leonard when "they take a serious look at how their lives are going," teases Molaro, who notes that the marital quandary is actually woven through "the last three episodes... It's a big topic." Sheldon, meanwhile, is having a day from hell and "Amy is trying to comfort him, and she's making things worse at the same time." Molaro confirms that the episode ends with a cliffhanger, and we suspect it has something to do with this cryptic tease: "Somebody goes on a departure."

I have not been around here very long. To all if you that have been here for a long time. Is it possible that they will never get together "completely"?( and no I don't mean just sex)

It rarely happens in popular US culture that the audience doesn't get the payoff, eventually. So hang in there.

Edit: unless they are cancelled: firefly, star gate universe, alphas, now and again...

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 1

As much as some people don't like the way the season finale ended (and I'm one of them but just because I despise cliffhangers), look how much feeling and discussion it has sparked.  That's an indication of the complexity of the characters and their behavior in this particular story.  Despite possible angst at the moment, it's a sign of good writing.

• Like 1

I have not been around here very long.  To all if you that have been here for a long time.  Is it possible that they will never get together "completely"?( and no I don't mean just sex)

No, I think they will end up together.  Completely.

I don't think that they have begun to take Sheldon down this path if they don't intend to take him all the way, so to speak.

Now, what that journey looks like or how long it will take is a different issue.

I think that because they are not like other couples, their relationship isn't going to play out like others.

There's all kinds of discussion about whether or not they'll get married before they have sex, or if they'll have sex before the series finale, or whatever.  That's something that, to me, is still a long way away.

I think that their physical interaction is going to be slow coming.  And because of that, every little babystep along that line has so much more significance.  Their handful of kisses have way more import than the many many kisses that the other couples have had simply because they're so rare.

Just like in the olden days, it was rare for a man and woman to even touch each other's bare hands--they all wore gloves, etc.--and in those days the touch of two bare hands together was enough to be almost scandalous, to be titilating and meaningful.

And couples didn't kiss unless they were engaged, and even then, not in public.

In many ways, the Shamy is like a bit of a throwback to that kind of romance, where every little thing means so much more.

So, yeah, I think they'll get there, just in their own way and in their own time.

• Like 4

It rarely happens in popular US culture that the audience doesn't get the payoff, eventually. So hang in there.

Edit: unless they are cancelled: firefly, star gate universe, alphas, now and again...

Unless it's HIMYM :p

To respond to the contention that Sheldon was mean to Amy, I really don't see it that way.  He has some major hang-ups that he's working through, and unfortunately sometimes other people get hurt in the process.  He wasn't trying to hurt her, just dealing with his own stuff.  There are situations when it's time to end the relationship, but it's Amy's call whether that's the case.  They've been together for a long time now, long enough that ending the relationship isn't a decision to be made lightly.  Every couple has problems that test their commitment to each other and how much they can take.  In a lot of ways, Sheldon has been a really good boyfriend to Amy--as good as he knows how to be.  On top of that, he's willing to try to be better as long as she tells him what she needs.  He's going through a really, really tough time and maybe she'll be loving and patient til it settles down, and then she can talk to him about how his meltdown affected her.

Phanta, I really appreciate your perspective, and those of a lot of other people too, but Phanta seems to be the one under fire right now.

Well, to be fair this isn't 100% true. He often shows he's very much aware of her needs but very much unwilling to meet them. I'm not saying he never meets her needs at all (kissing is a recent example of a common ground they finally found), but she meets his needs far far more often than he meets her. In 7x23 we even have him show off how clever he is that he manages to keep her locked in an agreement with him where she's not allowed to be physical with anyone else while at the same time he doesn't give her the intimacy she craves. I don't think that's signs of a very good boyfriend who is willing to be better as long as she tells him what she needs. Granted, I do think that Sheldon can be a good boyfriend to her, but I also think his "good boyfriend" side has reared his head far too rarely in recent times. He did a much better job at that in S6, IMO, especially early on.

Edited by koops
  • Like 9

That's not at all what I'm saying.  I said that Sheldon's suggested scenario was ridiculous.  But it didn't involve suggesting that Leonard move out, either.

How are my posts not making sense?  Sheldon's name is on the lease.  Don't you think that's true (in the reality of the story)?  Leonard's name is on the lease.

What you're saying is ridiculous.  Just because Sheldon "interferes" with Leonard's life, Leonard has the right to suggest that Sheldon should move out?  That is what doesn't make sense.  It's not about tit for tat.  It's about legality and common sense.

I'm not saying that Leonard was saying, "Get out!", but that to even suggest that an alternative FOR SHELDON was that he could just move out of his own home, is not right.

If you had a roommate and your roommate got married, would you expect to be told, "well, you can just live across the hall because I'm bring my wife in here"?

You would expect your roommate to move out to live with is wife, or whatever.

Why is Leonard suggestion that Sheldon living in Penny's apartment not right?

But it is ok for Sheldon to decide how Leonard has to live his life...

Anyway , I guess Leonard likes Sheldon so much , that is the reason he wanted to stay near Sheldon even though he is getting married to the woman of his dreams.... he could have easily got another place to stay like you are suggesting... and instead was suggesting a few options on how him living near Sheldon is possible....

And this is for you : All hail Sheldon :p

Edited by vasu
  • Like 1

Olá, sou brasileira, estou começando, acho que devo enviar meus posts em português e inglês.

Estou triste, pois todos tiveram um final feliz, até Stuart, menos Sheldon e Amy.

Hello, I am Brazilian, I'm starting, I think I should send my posts in Portuguese and English.
I'm sad because everyone had a happy ending, until Stuart, less Sheldon and Amy.

As much as some people don't like the way the season finale ended (and I'm one of them but just because I despise cliffhangers), look how much feeling and discussion it has sparked.  That's an indication of the complexity of the characters and their behavior in this particular story.  Despite possible angst at the moment, it's a sign of good writing.

I was not here for the season 4 finale...but I can guess it would have also caused a lot of discussion... whether it was good or bad writing for you...you can only decide...

what I am saying is both good and bad writing can cause big discussion..... just saying :p

• Like 3

but that to even suggest that an alternative FOR SHELDON was that he could just move out of his own home, is not right.

I completely agree with this line... how do  ask the person who YOU moved in with to move out.. It's not Sheldon's fault that Penny's apartment isn't an ideal size for the both of them....... why should he be made to feel uncomfortable

• Like 3

You absolutely correct that it was Sheldon's apartment originally. So I believe that they should have Sheldon force his will. Penny and Leonrd will have their own place to live and Sheldon will have 2 lawn chairs in front of his TV and Amy (maybe). Sounds like a great deal to me and well over due.

What did Amy tell Sheldon in the tenure episode? You may be more intelligent but I doubt you would obtain any new friends.

Grow up Sheldon! You may be an egotistic but you haven't lived up to hour reputation!

The real problem is that next season will be Poor, poor Sheldon and over shadow the fact that L/P after all these years are getting married and Rag after all these years finally has a S.O.

All hail Lord Sheldon! :)

It's not about SHeldon living alone or making new friends.  It's about his right to not be forced out of his apartment to accomodate someone else getting married.

And I don't really know that they intend to move anyone anytime soon.

While it is an eventual consideration that Sheldon will have to deal with, whether L&P move in together before or after they are married, I think it was mentioned when it was because it was another burden that added to Sheldon's distress.

But apart from that, it's about Leonard finding his own place to live and not thinking that one alternative is to have Sheldon move out of his own home.

Sheldon was saying that he'd been thinking about it too.  I'm not saying that Sheldon's scenario was realistic, but that Leonard suggesting that Sheldon might move out is not his right, no matter how much Sheldon "interferes" with his life.

I'm sorry, but I don't think Leonard should even be considering suggesting that he and Penny could take over the apartment.  If Leonard wants to live with Penny without having Sheldon there, then he can suggest that he wants to live with Penny, and he can say that he's wanting to move out in order to do so.

Now, Sheldon might not want Leonard to move out, and if Sheldon wanted to, he might suggest, himself, that he could live across the hall.

But Leonard shouldn't presume to suggest that as an alternative, I don't think, but it amounts to suggesting that Sheldon leave his own home in order to make room for Penny.

If Leonard wants to live with Penny and not Sheldon, then, like I said, he's got the whole city of Pasadena to pick from.

I don't get at all why you think Leonard cannot suggest something to Sheldon?  What social rule did he break?  They are best friends after all.  It's not like Leonard just STATED that Sheldon needed to leave his home.  He was offering up different scenarios.  What's the big deal?

• Like 4

Funnily, I never engaged with that one. Maybe I missed out on something. But I did have the qualifier "rarely". I only found out yesterday that Cobie Smulders had a baby during the production. Gave me hope that ms cuoco-sweeting can have it all, if she wants.

See I think this is why nothing could really ever bother me again about a TV show.  

Funnily, I never engaged with that one. Maybe I missed out on something. But I did have the qualifier "rarely". I only found out yesterday that Cobie Smulders had a baby during the production. Gave me hope that ms cuoco-sweeting can have it all, if she wants.

Actually Cobie and Alyson Hannigan were pregnant at the same time during the show.  And when Lily was pregnant in the show, Alyson was again pregnant.

Just so you know...

• Like 1

I don't get at all why you think Leonard cannot suggest something to Sheldon?  What social rule did he break?  They are best friends after all.  It's not like Leonard just STATED that Sheldon needed to leave his home.  He was offering up different scenarios.  What's the big deal?

So, if I moved in with you and then got married, you'd be okay with me offering up a suggestion that I move my husband in while you moved out?  Of your own home?

That's what I mean about social rule. It's just rude and inconsiderate to suggest that you moving out of your own home is a viable alternative when I'm the one who chose to get married.

Leonard may not have said, "you need to move out" but he did say that one alternative was for Sheldon to move out.  Why would he even think that it was okay to suggest that?  Best friend or not, that's just wrong, IMO.

And like I said, I understand that the stuff about moving and changing living arrangements was another one of the status quo elements being set on fire to add to Sheldon's duress.

• Like 1

So, if I moved in with you and then got married, you'd be okay with me offering up a suggestion that I move my husband in while you moved out?  Of your own home?

That's what I mean about social rule. It's just rude and inconsiderate to suggest that you moving out of your own home is a viable alternative when I'm the one who chose to get married.

Leonard may not have said, "you need to move out" but he did say that one alternative was for Sheldon to move out.  Why would he even think that it was okay to suggest that?  Best friend or not, that's just wrong, IMO.

And like I said, I understand that the stuff about moving and changing living arrangements was another one of the status quo elements being set on fire to add to Sheldon's duress.

If you were my best friend, I would take it for what it's worth (because with all due respect I'm 50 years old) but that really isn't the point.

Leonard didn't have to suggest anything to make it one bit easier on Sheldon.  He could have just told him that he was moving somewhere else with Penny and left it at that.  But he didn't so I have to give him credit for that...

If you were my best friend, I would take it for what it's worth (because with all due respect I'm 50 years old) but that really isn't the point.

Leonard didn't have to suggest anything to make it one bit easier on Sheldon.  He could have just told him that he was moving somewhere else with Penny and left it at that.  But he didn't so I have to give him credit for that...

But he did suggest Sheldon moving out as a possible scenario.  That's the part that I think was wrong of him.

Yes, he was trying to give Sheldon fair warning--and like I said, the conversation took place when it did because it was part of the burden of the career crisis, then the living arrangements, then Amy's innocent suggestion--but he wasn't just saying, "Heads up--I'm moving out to live with Penny".  He said, "I might move in with her, or she might move in here with me" and since he meant in their apartment without Sheldon, he was saying that if Penny moved in, Sheldon would have to move out, one way or another, either to live in Penny's apartment or someplace else.

Was there any behind the scenes stuff reported by those who went to the taping?  

To those who went to the taping did Amy literally cry? Like with tears? Or was she just really upset?(either way...:( ) Also what did the audience think of it? Where they upset like other shamy fans or meh about the whole thing?