The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bigbangsheldon

S7 Spoilers

So, any promo pics for episode 2? I'd love to see some of the L/P reunion.

Apparently not yet. Besides, this thread is now apparently a place to post stupid crap fantasies...

Just goin' where the music takes me kitten. Besides, intelligent crap fantasies seemed so contradictory .

Edited by eirwinrommel
  • Like 3

There's actually a promo clip out there, but I can't copy it from my iPad just now.

If you know the site its from I can go there myself.

Prof. Proton will be back for two episodes this year.

http://www.spoilersguide.com/big-bang-theory/season-7-spoilers-professor-proton-to-return/

Count Wally's a technotwit, so can't embed.

Here's Leonard being dragged off the boat by a Kraken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PjoRfJjB0E

And we got to see some of Penny's shower scene.

• Like 3

Looks like s3.1 Wolowitz with the axe. Extra scary. :) (Or maybe it's Mr Lorre. LOL. Will be looking for the credit for that actor with their back to camera heheheh.)

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 3

I'm pretty sure she said she loved Sheldon once before too. In a sort of 'I love you Sheldon but you're crazy' kind of way haha I don't specifically remember the scene but I do remember her saying it.

Penny definitely is closer to Sheldon than Howard and Raj. Not in a more romantic way, but there's no way her relationship with him is on par with the other two guys. I don't see this as a bad thing though. Of course she is going to be closer to him, they have lived across the hall from each other for years. She has spent a lot of time in his apartment during her relationship with Leonard. They are close, like brother and sister and it's cute. She cares about him, and in his weird Sheldon-y way he cares about her too.

Oh and 'as a guy it just came out' I love you for that line Kasey! Haha

To be fair she did sleep with Raj not that I am re hashing that again, just saying theirs more intimacy their arguably haha. Yeah Penny and Sheldon are platonic friends, and are prob more closer then Howard and Raj, but of course that is true they have been neighbours for seven years, Howard and Raj don't live across from her. But I mean in terms of actual interaction and depth of history, Penny has alot of great moments with Howard and Raj too, they have been as a group. Most of the touching moments in the show have been Lenny, but any other pair up that is not Leonard is purley hypothetical and AU.

I think what you're thinking of was season 2 episode 16

Penny: Boy, I love him, but he is one serious wackadoodle.

It had one of my favorite exchanges between L/P

Scene: The apartment. Leonard is trying to wash the paint off Sheldon’s seat.

Penny: You think he’ll notice?

Leonard: There’s a chance.

Penny: Oh, what are we gonna do?

Leonard: We? No, no, no, you had your chance to be we for, like, a year and a half now. Right now, you are you, and you are screwed.

Edited by eirwinrommel

Aww, what a pity. While I love Bob Newhart I must say that I didn't care for the Profesor Proton episode. And to think they'll waste 2 episodes on that...oh well.......

I thought it was a great episode, one of my top 5 for the entire series. It showed that the show can be funny without being hollow and it could be sincere without giving up what makes it so great. Plus Bernie guilt tripping Raj was hilarious.

• Like 3

I thought it was a great episode, one of my top 5 for the entire series. It showed that the show can be funny without being hollow and it could be sincere without giving up what makes it so great. Plus Bernie guilt tripping Raj was hilarious.

And it also shows that even though we both have totally different opinions on an episode, we can both love the show in spite of our preferences.

• Like 1

Aww, what a pity. While I love Bob Newhart I must say that I didn't care for the Profesor Proton episode. And to think they'll waste 2 episodes on that...oh well.......

When Newhart agreed to do the guest shot in season 6 one of the conditions he set was to return for two more episodes. This was how Chuck Lorre, who correctly views Bob as a comedy god, got him to agree. I'm not sure why Newhart wanted to make mulitple appearances but maybe he wanted to be associated with such a popular show and introduce himself to a new generation of TV fans.

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 2

when is the next taping?

Sept. 17 ... just looked it up ....

Looks like they have a lot of work to do and that last episode  ....

Edited by fixitmr

When Newhart agreed to do the guest shot in season 6 one of the conditions he set was to return for two more episodes. This was how Chuck Lorre, who correctly views Bob as a comedy god, got him to agree. I'm not sure why Newhart wanted to make mulitple appearances but maybe he wanted to be associated with such a popular show and introduce himself to a new generation of TV fans.

Whatever his reasons were (and I believe you are correct in your assessment), it is a brilliant idea. Not just because Bob Newhart is an amazing actor and Pr Proton a good addtion to the show but also because it keep shis appearance from looking like stunt casting. 

That is usually the problem with famous guest stars : they show up, do their bit and their characters disappear into the ether, never to be seen or talked about ever again. It often feels forced to me for the parts famous guests end up playing are rarely interesting; they are merely vehicules to justify the star's presence on the show.

Pr Proton is a really good character and considering Sheldon's obsession with him, it makes sense for him to come back at some point. 

when is the next taping?

17th September, I believe. 

Edited by Chiara
  • Like 2

While it was fine for one episode that was enough for me. I love Bob Newhart but to be kind he's a little past his prime. To me anymore episodes with him is like beating a dead horse. What is he going to add to the show?  Hopefully I am wrong and the two episodes he's on are hysterical. But I'm not holding my breath.