I love Christine Baranski and am delighted to see her again on the show. As many, I would prefer her "live" but if Skype is all we can get, I'll take it and gladly.

As for the reason why she is back, well it is anybody's guess really but I do not think the writers would "waste" her on something trivial. Last time we heard her mentioned on the show was when Leonard talked about her hypothetical reaction to him getting tenure so it would not be too much of a stretch to think this appearance might be career-related in some way. 

• Like 1

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, Heres what happened,   Originally, I wasn't planning on going on the tour.. But since Its a weekend, theres no filming and we are dying to know about this set, I thought I would give it a try.

It was a pleasure meeting you, Nog ♥♥♥ Yesterday, was a great day, starting off with the great people Nog and I befriended while waiting in line. Haha. I was very glad they did the tag scene fo

Hey guys, I went to the taping today!!! It was so surreal to see the actors live on stage.... Anyways I intended to do a proper detailed taping report but I lost my pen in the beginning of the taping

Posted Images

I'm thinking she's going to be talking to Leonard about his expedition--or maybe Leonard will want to talk to her about it, but she'll be more interested in talking to Sheldon about whatever he's doing.

Do we know if his "success" is going to be in this episode?

Good news ! I miss Beverly. Hope that Leonard will stand up for himself and overcome his complex towards his mother. His new work achievement must have given him a better self-esteem and I think It's the best way to improve the relation with his mother, we'll see.

Good news ! I miss Beverly. Hope that Leonard will stand up for himself and overcome his complex towards his mother. His new work achievement must have given him a better self-esteem and I think It's the best way to improve the relation with his mother, we'll see.

Oh, I don't think anything will really change in that regard.  No matter what he accomplishes, she'll find a way to deflate him.  That's the way life is--your parents install all your buttons and then continue to push them for the rest of your life. :p

• Like 5

They also had mentioned they were going to be doing something with the Brain Mapping project that has been in the news, she could be skyping Amy for professional reasons. It will be at the boys apartment because the rest of the gang will want to see if the big BV will try to crack Amy like a nut.

It would be a good chance to do some wagering and for the gang to hunker down for some take out. And for Amy to find out that Leonard's mom tried to stick her tongue down Sheldon's throat. Good times.

They also had mentioned they were going to be doing something with the Brain Mapping project that has been in the news, she could be skyping Amy for professional reasons. It will be at the boys apartment because the rest of the gang will want to see if the big BV will try to crack Amy like a nut.

It would be a good chance to do some wagering and for the gang to hunker down for some take out. And for Amy to find out that Leonard's mom tried to stick her tongue down Sheldon's throat. Good times.

Um, yeah, I kind of doubt that...

Oh, I don't think anything will really change in that regard.  No matter what he accomplishes, she'll find a way to deflate him.  That's the way life is--your parents install all your buttons and then continue to push them for the rest of your life. :p

ha ha you're right. I'm pretty sure Beverly won't change her behaviour too but I was talking about Leonard. I want him to be stronger in front of his mother, even if she keeps destroying him. Maybe if he acts a bit more confident (thanks to is trip), his mother will be kind of impressed. She tries to lower his new accomplishment every time he mentions it and Leonard stays focused and calm and keeps saying that he did it right and he's proud of himself even if his mother is not. Then Beverly is amazed by the perseverance of her son and surrenders. I can see it happen for just a moment and then something happens and she returns to her old behaviour again. Classic Beverly joke

Anyway this scenario is not really possible since it will be a simple skype call.

Edited by Redrose
  • Like 1

That's as true a statement as I've ever heard.

• Like 2

HEY IT WAS HOT (hides in the corner)

Hot?   Hardly.  One could not get more cold and stiff as a board.  Sheldon didn't even kiss back.  It was Beverly basically putting her lips up against a stiff board.  He was stunned and a bit horrified.   LOL! 

Now when he and Amy shared the drunk kiss...that was HOT because both participated and a slight amount of spit was exchanged between Mr. OCD and Amy.  LOL!   They both were enjoying it.

• Like 2

Hot?   Hardly.  One could not get more cold and stiff as a board.  Sheldon didn't even kiss back.  It was Beverly basically putting her lips up against a stiff board.  He was stunned and a bit horrified.   LOL! 

Now when he and Amy shared the drunk kiss...that was HOT because both participated and a slight amount of spit was exchanged between Mr. OCD and Amy.  LOL!   They both were enjoying it.

Indeed. I think I cannot compare those kisses in same sentence... In Sheldon's own words, to him it was even fascinating, not only he was enjoying it. I think fascinating means even greater amount of pleasure, physically or mentally, than to just "enjoy" it. I don't know, I can enjoy a sunny day for example, but fascinating, it means something exceptional, special sensation as far as I have understood.

Beverly's kiss to Sheldon wasn't a mutual kiss, it was one-sided in my opinion... It would be interesting to know anyway how Amy would react if she heard that Beverly has been kissing Sheldon... Anyway I wish they could meet at least via that Skype call.

You know what is a shame, TPTB bring in these brillant actors as support cast and then they don't really follow them up very much in future episodes. I think the need to write this show so it is well received in the TBS rerun market is actually holding the show back.

On another thought: I think Martin Sheen would be great for Leonard's father.

You know what is a shame, TPTB bring in these brillant actors as support cast and then they don't really follow them up very much in future episodes. I think the need to write this show so it is well received in the TBS rerun market is actually holding the show back.

On another thought: I think Martin Sheen would be great for Leonard's father.

I don't think the show is being written for the rerun market. The premise of the show from the beginning has not been some kind of big saga with ongoing plot lines and mytharcs and all that. The episodes are intended to stand alone because it is a sitcom. There are no serious consequences, no drama, etc. That's par for the course for pretty much all sitcoms.

The great actors they get for the supporting roles make those characters interesting and memorable, but they're not the main characters and don't really need to be dwelt on all that much.

• Like 1

The other problem with getting great actors for those supporting roles is that those great actors are in demand to do other things.   I mean, Christine Baranski has a major role on another show and both Keith Carradine and Laurie Metcalf have been on Broadway in the last year.    It's tough to do anything with characters, if the actors aren't available.  We know Christine Baranski is going to appear on a Skype call in an upcoming episode, but that is how she had to appear last time.  She hasn't actually been on set for taping since the third season due to conflicts with her other series.  

• Like 1

The BBT could shoot a show in New York, and have all three of them in it.  Just recreate the set in a studio there for a week or do a two part episode to spread out the cost. If they shot without an audience they could do it much faster.

I don't think the show is being written for the rerun market. ....... The episodes are intended to stand alone because it is a sitcom. There are no serious consequences, no drama, etc. That's par for the course for pretty much all sitcoms.

Just look at the episodes where they prepare to go to the North Pole, and the one where they return.

Both can be ( and are being ) run as individual episodes, with no joins in them.

The show is and always has been like a series of very good "One-liners", that can be played at any time.