Thanks for your emails, I'm sending them to Morya so you should get the sides today at some point. If you haven't sent me your email and still want the sides PM me!

Thank you sooooo much :D!!! I'm really happy =) *-*

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, Heres what happened,   Originally, I wasn't planning on going on the tour.. But since Its a weekend, theres no filming and we are dying to know about this set, I thought I would give it a try.

It was a pleasure meeting you, Nog ♥♥♥ Yesterday, was a great day, starting off with the great people Nog and I befriended while waiting in line. Haha. I was very glad they did the tag scene fo

Hey guys, I went to the taping today!!! It was so surreal to see the actors live on stage.... Anyways I intended to do a proper detailed taping report but I lost my pen in the beginning of the taping

Posted Images

Officially coming out of lurking to say this:

As someone who lives in Houston, I can honestly say that it's extremely unlikely Sheldon went to UHD. UHD is basically a glorified community college. Everyone and anyone can get in. It's not a challenge...and for Sheldon it would be a joke

I would assume if he did go to school in Houston it would have been at Rice. (Go Owls!) Which is nicknamed "the Harvard of the South"

PS: I've been a huge fan of the show for a few years and I'm excited to finally talk about it with others!

PPS: I'm a Shamy fangirl so....just so y'all know ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

• Like 3

Back to the subject of Prof. Proton wanting Leonard's help, maybe its cuz he is an EXPERIMENTAL physicist and he wants help with an experiment.

I thought that was kind of obvious. Everyone would understand that that is the primary motivation, except Sheldon who thinks that he could any job better than anybody.

• Like 1

Officially coming out of lurking to say this:

As someone who lives in Houston, I can honestly say that it's extremely unlikely Sheldon went to UHD. UHD is basically a glorified community college. Everyone and anyone can get in. It's not a challenge...and for Sheldon it would be a joke

I would assume if he did go to school in Houston it would have been at Rice. (Go Owls!) Which is nicknamed "the Harvard of the South"

PS: I've been a huge fan of the show for a few years and I'm excited to finally talk about it with others!

PPS: I'm a Shamy fangirl so....just so y'all know ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Welcome!

I've known a couple of people who went to Rice (in the dark ages, since I'm 100 years old...)

Good to have another Shamy fan aboard! :)

• Like 1

At what age did Sheldon start college?

Eleven, I think?

He went from 5th grade to college.  I don't know if he took a GED or did his high school work in 5th grade or what they imagine, but he said something about being in the 5th grade before college.

He would have been about 10 in 5th grade, then 11 in college.

In the pilot he says something to Penny like, "It took you 4 years to finish high school?", but in subsequent episodes, they've never mentioned him in high school.

• Like 1

Welcome!

I've known a couple of people who went to Rice (in the dark ages, since I'm 100 years old...)

Good to have another Shamy fan aboard! :)

Thanks! Graduated 09 so I'm not THAT old...but I don't know the demographic around here so maybe I am ancient.

Just had to add my opinion because, (no offense to whoever posted UHD because it's not something you'd know without being from here) it made me laugh.

Honestly though, that would be a funny plot twist (albeit highly unlikely) having Sheldon coming from a school with 100% acceptance rate and that only graduates something like 2%. No wonder he never talks about it! :)

• Like 1

Eleven, I think?

He went from 5th grade to college.  I don't know if he took a GED or did his high school work in 5th grade or what they imagine, but he said something about being in the 5th grade before college.

He would have been about 10 in 5th grade, then 11 in college.

In the pilot he says something to Penny like, "It took you 4 years to finish high school?", but in subsequent episodes, they've never mentioned him in high school.

You are correct.  Sheldon himself says he was 11 in college in the season 1 episode where Sheldon and Penny are outside of Leonard's door while he is in there with Leslie.  Sheldon wants to know what the tie on the door means and Penny says something like "Come on you went to college right?" and Sheldon replies "Yes, but I was 11."

Thanks! Graduated 09 so I'm not THAT old...but I don't know the demographic around here so maybe I am ancient.

Nah, graduated in 1973 here, so you're far from ancient, like I am.

• Like 2

Just had to add my opinion because, (no offense to whoever posted UHD because it's not something you'd know without being from here) it made me laugh.

Honestly though, that would be a funny plot twist (albeit highly unlikely) having Sheldon coming from a school with 100% acceptance rate and that only graduates something like 2%. No wonder he never talks about it! :)

Well, apparently the person who posted about UHD was being facetious.

I doubt he went to a community college since he always makes fun of Penny for it :p But it would indeed be hilarious if that were the case! I mean, an 11-year-old at any sort of university is impressive anyway, and there are people who turn out to be very bright and successful later on who start off at community colleges and the like. One of his PhD's is definitely from Caltech, but I wonder whether he might have obtained one PhD the standard way (i.e. going through grad school) and the second just by putting together a bunch of papers and getting it submitted as a dissertation. Doctors of Science, in the UK at least, aren't the same as PhD's, but are usually awarded for significant contributions to science etc. Or for some kind of special post-doctoral programs. One of my roommates started one of those but then decided to quit. He was a medical doctor and a PhD by that time, so he would have been Dr Dr Dr if he had continued on :p 

Edited by koops

I thought that was kind of obvious. Everyone would understand that that is the primary motivation, except Sheldon who thinks that he could any job better than anybody.

You would think, but some of the comments seemed to me to suggest other, unnecessary reasons. "Can't see the forest for the trees" kinda thing.

• Like 2

I am sorry for being obtuse but how can anyone have a BA in maths ? How does that work ? 

I have a BA in mathematics from a well-respected state school.  The BA/BS distinction matters in some fields but in math it doesn't matter which way it's labeled.  Requirements are the same regardless.  My master's degree is an MS, but there wasn't a fundamental difference between the programs.

Edited by tmp

I have a BA in mathematics from a well-respected state school.  The BA/BS distinction matters in some fields but in math it doesn't matter which way it's labeled.  Requirements are the same regardless.  My master's degree is an MS, but there wasn't a fundamental difference between the programs.

tea, got back to post 1816 and look at the description of the BA math program. I don't think you have that type of degree.

Bill just tweeted: "The good people at @ANOVOS are helping me with a Halloween costume.  If you're going Star Trek or Battlestar this year, @ANOVOS is the move." So perhaps we will get something in an episode?

• Like 1

Sheldon prob had tons of schools going after him.

I would say University of Texas Austin because its the top college for physics in Texas

Here is top colleges for physics for UShttp://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-science-schools/physics-rankings

Cal Tech #1

Harvard #2

MIT # 3

Actually they are all tied for 1st, also Stanford. Cal tech is just first alphabetically :)

Bill just tweeted: "The good people at @ANOVOS are helping me with a Halloween costume.  If you're going Star Trek or Battlestar this year, @ANOVOS is the move." So perhaps we will get something in an episode?

I don't think he's talking about the show.  I think he's just talking about his own costume...