The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bigbangsheldon

S7 Spoilers

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

hahah the CBS monkeys are at it again :p

i don't know phantagrae but i wish for him/her the bests . happy birthday 87428558599875909467_thumb.jpg Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 4

Edited by arash

I would just like to say that the ending of this episode made me happy and then pissed me off to no end. The writers seem to take 2 steps forward and then 10 steps back with Shamy. At some point, there has to be some progress. It CAN be done and still remain in character.

I feel for you and agree. It was mentioned on the L/P thread that Lenny fans worry over every minor detail which may be true. But as I said over there  it appears Shamy fans get thrilled over nothing. I feel the same way 2 steps forward and 10 steps back.

I would just like to say that the ending of this episode made me happy and then pissed me off to no end. The writers seem to take 2 steps forward and then 10 steps back with Shamy. At some point, there has to be some progress. It CAN be done and still remain in character.

Oh my...I feel they are moving forward quite well this season compared to last.  I agree with you last year that they were building the first half as if they were going to make progress and then all second half (after V-day) they did a complete U-turn and took back all that they had built earlier...that is until 6.23 episode (Love Spell) which was a game changer.   Since then, I have not seen any back stepping, but only forward movement.  I am quite pleased with where they are headed and see that this episode is another step forward.   Overall I am very happy for Shamy in this episode.

Besides them though I also see great forward movement for Lenny.  I think it is a beautiful episode for them.   I was very happy to see Penny's desire to romance Leonard.  It was lovely.

Howardette are going to be adorable as well. The singing will make me so happy for Bernie.  It sounds adorable.

Honestly, I could not find fault with this episode based on what we read.  I think it is going to play out even better which excites me.   I really look forward to it airing.

• Like 1

Oh my...I feel they are moving forward quite well this season compared to last.  I agree with you last year that they were building the first half as if they were going to make progress and then all second half (after V-day) they did a complete U-turn and took back all that they had built earlier...that is until 6.23 episode (Love Spell) which was a game changer.   Since then, I have not seen any back stepping, but only forward movement.  I am quite pleased with where they are headed and see that this episode is another step forward.   Overall I am very happy for Shamy in this episode.

Besides them though I also see great forward movement for Lenny.  I think it is a beautiful episode for them.   I was very happy to see Penny's desire to romance Leonard.  It was lovely.

Howardette are going to be adorable as well. The singing will make me so happy for Bernie.  It sounds adorable.

Honestly, I could not find fault with this episode based on what we read.  I think it is going to play out even better which excites me.   I really look forward to it airing.

From the taping report, I loved how the episode played out. Lenny was so cute and Shamy also had really cute moments. But the very ending scene just made me mad for some reason. I was so excited when I read it and then immediately felt angry. I just thought since it was her 'daydreaming' they would have gone through with it.

In general, I feel like they are making progress here and there. After 'Love Spell', I though for sure this season was going to be heated up, for lack of better phrase. Oh well, I guess you can't always get what you want. :girlsigh:

I feel for you and agree. It was mentioned on the L/P thread that Lenny fans worry over every minor detail which may be true. But as I said over there  it appears Shamy fans get thrilled over nothing. I feel the same way 2 steps forward and 10 steps back.

I wouldn't exactly call it "being thrilled over nothing" although I can see why other people think that what little happens between Sheldon and Amy is not significant compared to other so-called regular couples. Sheldon and Amy are no ordinary couple, though, so what seems nothing to some people is huge for them.

• Like 1

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

I wouldn't exactly call it "being thrilled over nothing" although I can see why other people think that what little happens between Sheldon and Amy is not significant compared to other so-called regular couples. Sheldon and Amy are no ordinary couple, though, so what seems nothing to some people is huge for them.

Exactly.

Shamy is not an ordinary couple and Shamy fans are not ordinary fans. We freak out when they hold hands or Amy touches his chin. Things that so many other fans take for granted about their couples are things that for Shamy fans mean so much more, because, again, they are not an ordinary couple.

• Like 2

How is the Shamy taking "10 steps back" this episode?  Just because it was a daydream and not reality?  The daydream from Amy changes nothing - it's meant to be funny, and for the majority of the fans that are not spoiled to have a momentary freak out of, "OH MY GOSH, SHELDON!!!" I think it's genius on the writers part!

• Like 2

Exactly.

Shamy is not an ordinary couple and Shamy fans are not ordinary fans. We freak out when they hold hands or Amy touches his chin. Things that so many other fans take for granted about their couples are things that for Shamy fans mean so much more, because, again, they are not an ordinary couple.

You guys( please think of guys in this instance, as embracing girls ;) . ), take for granted that you don't have to worry about them breaking up. Their history is of small forward steps, so any kind of situation is looked at, with that history in mind, with pleasure but frustration at wanting it to move faster.

In Lenny's case, their history has been rocky, up to and including breaking up. So situations involving them, are looked at, by fans of theirs, with that history in mind, which brings out the dread.

I think it's a case of each fan base wanting something that another couple has.

• Like 6

How is the Shamy taking "10 steps back" this episode?  Just because it was a daydream and not reality?  The daydream from Amy changes nothing - it's meant to be funny, and for the majority of the fans that are not spoiled to have a momentary freak out of, "OH MY GOSH, SHELDON!!!" I think it's genius on the writers part!

Yeah, I didn't see the steps back for Shamy.  If anything, Amy at least, is constantly showing how much she understands Sheldon and I see no steps back for her, only steps forward.  I thought Season 6 showed huge steps forward for Sheldon.  They really haven't been front and center yet this season but from what I have read it only seems like forward movement. 

You guys( please think of guys in this instance, as embracing girls ;) . ), take for granted that you don't have to worry about them breaking up. Their history is of small forward steps, so any kind of situation is looked at, with that history in mind, with pleasure but frustration at wanting it to move faster.

In Lenny's case, their history has been rocky, up to and including breaking up. So situations involving them, are looked at, by fans of theirs, with that history in mind, which brings out the dread.

Agreed.  Lenny fans may be quick to worry about what turns out to be trivial things, but that's because their history shows that concern is warranted.

Edited by JonRS92
  • Like 3

I think some get so caught up in their own expectations and wants for Shamy (or whoever their ship is), and when the writers don't do it exactly the way they see it in their mind, then they get all whiny and complain because it didn't satisfy their own needs and wants, regardless of the impact it will have on the audience as a whole. 

• Like 2

When I was talking about '2 steps forward, 10 steps back', I was referring to Shamy in general, not necessarily this episode. I, personally, think that the writers never have sustained progress with their relationship. It's just little blips every now and then.

I think that because the end scene was a daydream, it would have no effect on Sheldon's character and they should have had them kiss. But, that's just me wanting more from them. I understand they are not 'ordinary' and I love that about them. Believe me, I get excited over the little things but it get's frustrating as if the writers are trying to piss off the Shamy shippers.

Agreed.  Lenny fans may be quick to worry about what turns out to be trivial things, but that's because their history shows that concern is warranted.

Maybe, instead of the Lennys, we should call ourselves the PTSDs. It would stand for what we like (Physicist/Thespian Symbiotic Delight) and what we have. 

• Like 3

Lorre and Company have given Lenny Fans plenty of reasons to worry and more than enough evidences that Lenny can be here today and gone tomorrow.  We Lenny Fans wants to believe that Lenny is at a point were the writers wouldn't break them up again but as JG and KC said they don't even know from script to script if they (Lenny) are still together.  Think about that, if the actors don't know, how in the world do the Lenny Fans sit back and relax about our ship.

Shamy relationship is treated differently ---- they can't be gutted like Lenny because some feel it would be like kicking puppies so for most part the relationship is safe. 

So yes I agree with your last sentence.

• Like 2

Maybe, instead of the Lennys, we should call ourselves the PTSDs. It would stand for what we like (Physicist/Thespian Symbiotic Delight) and what we have.

Would that be like the perpetual motion squad?