The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bigbangsheldon

S7 Spoilers

Would that be like the perpetual motion squad?

Exactly the same. We would even rip our T-shirts in slow motion after each victory !

• Like 2

Yeah, I didn't see the steps back for Shamy.  If anything, Amy at least, is constantly showing how much she understands Sheldon and I see no steps back for her, only steps forward.  I thought Season 6 showed huge steps forward for Sheldon.  They really haven't been front and center yet this season but from what I have read it only seems like forward movement. 

Shamy relationship is treated differently ---- they can't be gutted like Lenny because some feel it would be like kicking puppies so for most part the relationship is safe. 

I agree with you both. The Amy part of Shamy has moved forward. Sheldon IMO hasn't but that is possibly true that they haven't been the big story so far this year.

I think though as a fan of Lenny(and Amy) Sheldon gets treated with kid gloves and hasn't felt much heartache in his relationship with Amy. I know some are going to mention Stuart but that was his own doing. I did once mentioned a half season break up would be good for the Shamy but as @army mentioned I was told it would be like kicking puppies. BTW happy birthday @phanta  

I gotta give myself a pat on the back for correctly guessing that Sheldon stumbled upon the discovery by mistake, thus explaining why he felt like a fraud.  (This will probably be the only time I can ever say that I called it, so I gotta take my 2 secs of glory when I can.)

Yes, they're teasing fans with the daydream almost-kiss.  I'd bet my life savings that scene is featured in the promo.

Another thing I liked about this episode is how sweet Leonard was to Sheldon, saying he was proud of him.  They show Leonard being annoyed at Sheldon so much of the time, it's nice when they're getting along.

Final observation:  even though they didn't directly show last week's arguments resolved, this week's episode has some warm interactions between H/B and S/A to show that they're OK.  The same thing happened with Spoiler Alert and Tangible Affection Proof.  It's a neat way to avoid the predictable making-up scene.

• Like 3

Thanks for all the birthday wishes, everyone!! :biggrin:

SO thoughtful of you all.

When I got to work I thought the folks who usually do a "card" had forgotten (last year it was a day late...), so I was a little bummed, but then the girl who's in charge of that brought over the card she'd made.  It had been sitting on her desk.

Anyway, it was a picture of David Duchovny--one of my favorite pictures of him--and everyone had signed below it.  There's another girl here at work who is a big TBBT fan and a JP fan and she signed, "Let's play Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock!" :biggrin:

So, I've been swamped at work, so I haven't been able to hang out here so much today.

My 2 cents on the current conversation--although I know that the Lenny fans have kind of been through the wringer with their 'ship, I sometimes feel like there's a lack of "big picture" thinking when looking back over the course of the relationship.  Yeah, I guess it's hard to go through it when it's happening--I came to the show after Priya was pretty much gone, I think, so I guess I missed the true impact of them going through the whole process in real time--but now all that is over, despite what Johnny and Kaley say in interviews.

I think that, especially with Molaro running the show, there aren't going to be any more major issues.  Whatever bumps they encounter will be normal relationship bumps.  They truly are endgame and the big picture view means keeping that goal in mind.  I think the same thing can be said for Howardette and Shamy--in the end they're all going to be living happily ever after, so whatever they may go through now, it's not going to end badly.  And no one is going to die of a broken heart--not even the fans!

But sometimes reading some of the things the Lennys dwell on is like listening to a person say that once upon a time they fell and broke their leg and now with every step they take, they keep expecting to fall and break it again, even if that's not going to happen.

That's not the best analogy, but you know what I mean.  If you're always looking back at what happened 3 years ago, or whatever, you can't possibly enjoy what's happening now.  If everything is looked at through black-colored glasses, then every little thing is seen as negative and the relationship takes on this tortured quality, when in reality, they're happier than they've ever been and their relationship is indeed sunnier than it's ever been.

I love all the pairs--and I want Raj to find someone worthy of his quirky metrosexuality as well--and I just don't feel the dread that some people insist on feeling.  Lenny may not be my main interest, but I still love their relationship and I just see them as being so happy now.

Try not to think of anything bad unless it actually happens! :)

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to Romance Resonance .  Every episode this season just seems so, so good!

Edited by phantagrae
  • Like 1

I wouldn't exactly call it "being thrilled over nothing" although I can see why other people think that what little happens between Sheldon and Amy is not significant compared to other so-called regular couples. Sheldon and Amy are no ordinary couple, though, so what seems nothing to some people is huge for them.

Exactly.

Shamy is not an ordinary couple and Shamy fans are not ordinary fans. We freak out when they hold hands or Amy touches his chin. Things that so many other fans take for granted about their couples are things that for Shamy fans mean so much more, because, again, they are not an ordinary couple.

By suggesting Shamy and their fans are not regular or ordinary seems to suggest Sheldon and Amy are better than Leonard and Penny

When I was talking about '2 steps forward, 10 steps back', I was referring to Shamy in general, not necessarily this episode. I, personally, think that the writers never have sustained progress with their relationship. It's just little blips every now and then.

I think that because the end scene was a daydream, it would have no effect on Sheldon's character and they should have had them kiss. But, that's just me wanting more from them. I understand they are not 'ordinary' and I love that about them. Believe me, I get excited over the little things but it get's frustrating as if the writers are trying to piss off the Shamy shippers.

Off topic but I LOVE your glasses in your avatar pic!

Anywho, I don't think the writers are necessarily trying to piss the shippers off, it's just they can't write the show and cater to the shippers wants and desires all the time.  Plus, they know how passionate people are (especially about the Shamy), and I believe they know exactly what they are doing when they tease everyone with things like that daydream.  It's fun =)  And it makes people want MORE MORE MORE and wonder if it will ever actually happen (even though we all know that it will eventually happen).

By suggesting Shamy and their fans are not regular or ordinary seems to suggest Sheldon and Amy are better than Leonard and Penny

Or it suggests that Leonard and Penny fans don't freak out over hand holding and chin touching like the Shamy shippers do... it's not ordinary for people to be so excited about chin touches, but it is very exciting in the Shamy relationship.

Or it suggests that Leonard and Penny fans don't freak out over hand holding and chin touching like the Shamy shippers do... it's not ordinary for people to be so excited about chin touches, but it is very exciting in the Shamy relationship.

I can go along with the freak out. I might have another word for not ordinary. Actually @tensor might have put it best. It might just be a guy thing.(paraphrasing)

• Like 1

Chrismo,

I meant ordinary as in normal or standard. Normal or standard things are not worse by definition. I'm not sure how it was extrapolated that I was saying Shamy or their fans are better than anybody.

Thanks for posting the promo! Awwwwwwwwww Shamy again I love it! Okay I´ve read the great taping report and I know whats going to happen but I love it so much that I can`t wait until next week!

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

No

I didn't say or suggested Shamy is better than Lenny. I just said Shamy is an unconventional relationship while Lenny is a more conventional one. That doesn't mean one is better than the other, they are just different.

• Like 4

Amy daydreamed of kissing Sheldon....... NOW......is'nt it too late........

I thought it would have happened a lot earlier.....and there would have a lot  more than kissing.... :spiteful: :spiteful:

^^ It probably has happened a lot sooner. We just didn't get to see it. Amy has to think about something while brushing her teeth, ya know. :p

^^ It probably has happened a lot sooner. We just didn't get to see it. Amy has to think about something while brushing her teeth, ya know. :p

Wellllll... you know she has a special relationship with her toothbrush ;)

• Like 1

Given her sexual innuendos and jokes, I think it's safe to assume that she has thought about a lot more than kissing him. lol

• Like 1

I thought it would have happened a lot earlier.....and there would have a lot  more than kissing.... :spiteful: :spiteful:

Why would you think that?

As someone pointed out, there is probably some rather active imagination going on, when she needs to "Brush her teeth."

• Like 1

vasu, on 11 Oct 2013 - 09:15 AM, said:snapback.png

I suspect Amy has dreamed about them doing a lot of things in the privacy of her own apartment.   

But this time, she is near him (in close proximity) and it is the first time she has imagined him kissing her.  I think the reason is that she finally can hold more hope in her heart that he is working on things and "getting there".  She always kept her thoughts very private and in the privacy of her apartment.   But now she  sees he is showing a lot more signs of truly thinking of them as a couple now.   In previous seasons, she had to remind him they were a couple.  Now, he is talking and thinking of them as a couple.  So it has been a shift in his actions, thoughts and demeanor that has given her a lot more promise than she had before.  I think she felt more comfortable allowing her thoughts to "go there" with him sitting next to her more than ever before.  I also believe that it is a way the show is giving us a foreshadow (as Koops first said and I am parroting) of what may come on the show.  But it does make sense to me that Amy would be dreaming of such a kiss because she is starting to get more "vibes" from Sheldon that it could happen.  :firstmove:

• Like 3

I suspect Amy has dreamed about them doing a lot of things in the privacy of her own apartment.   

But this time, she is near him (in close proximity) and it is the first time she has imagined him kissing her.  I think the reason is that she finally can hold more hope in her heart that he is working on things and "getting there".  She always kept her thoughts very private and in the privacy of her apartment.   But now she  sees he is showing a lot more signs of truly thinking of them as a couple now.   In previous seasons, she had to remind him they were a couple.  Now, he is talking and thinking of them as a couple.  So it has been a shift in his actions, thoughts and demeanor that has given her a lot more promise than she had before.  I think she felt more comfortable allowing her thoughts to "go there" with him sitting next to her more than ever before.  I also believe that it is a way the show is giving us a foreshadow (as Koops first said and I am parroting) of what may come on the show.  But it does make sense to me that Amy would be dreaming of such a kiss because she is starting to get more "vibes" from Sheldon that it could happen.  :firstmove:

I also think that this daydream is a lot more "realistic" than what she's probably been thinking about up until now.

When Sheldon couldn't get a haircut, her fantasy was of him with long hair, riding bareback and bare-chested, which of course is completely unrealistic for who and how Sheldon is.  So maybe she was having "Fabio", romance novel fantasies about him before.

But now she's envisioning something that he might actually say or do, something that could actually happen.

And of course, it was all for the "I'm in the zone" joke payoff.

• Like 2

cause i've a brain....

:boredom: :boredom:

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

they had to do a more realistic kinda dream to get the audience to think it¡'s true until it reveals itself as the fantasy.  That is really the only reason

• Like 1