The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bigbangsheldon

S7 Spoilers

I can so see Penny trying to cook a frozen turkey. lol

Or the boys offer to take it to the lab to defrost with some really inappropriate bit of kit. And farm grrl Penny might bring home a live turkey, so it's fresh!. Lol.

• Like 4

The title of 7.07 is "The Proton Displacement”.

This fan wrote about her experience at the taping last night; however, she didn't disclose any spoilers.

http://myrealityisamess.tumblr.com/post/64251125894

Thanks for the link.   It is always interesting to hear the logistics of just getting to be able to watch a show taping.   I am amazed how long people wait to see one.

Maybe the word is "herd" like instead of 'gang' they are calling them a 'herd'?   :laugh:

It's what the turkey will be when Penny over cooks it. Or, the spaghetti that she serves with the turkey.

That would be interesting.  I used to have a friend who always teased another of my friends for being Italian so one Thanksgiving when her family invited him for Thanksgiving dinner, she made him a turkey stuffed with Spaghetti :) 

But seeing Penny trying to make Thanksgiving dinner would be very funny.  Although, it would be a nice episode for Lenny fans if they had it so that Penny was trying to make Thanksgiving dinner for just her and Leonard.  Howard, Bernie and Raj could be together and then maybe Sheldon, Amy and possibly his mother together (I think it is time for her to return and see how her son and Amy are doing).

I thought it said thanksgiving herd. Like a herd of writers. Like they're saying happy thanksgiving to their herd :p

Did you all read this part

Sheldon is trying to get a scientist to let him read his paper instead of Leonard, so Sheldon brings in another beloved scientist, (i’m not saying who.) to try and compete with Leonard. So Amy tells Sheldon, the reason he might not have chosen him was because he can get annoying. She doesn’t say it to his face, but Sheldon said how he’s used to hearing the word since he’s been called that since he was a child.

Raj and Howard are hanging out, and Howard invited Raj to hang out with him on Friday, but Raj is going to girls night with Penny, Bernadette, and Amy, so Howard starts making fun of him for it.

That’s pretty much it. I don’t want to say any of the jokes because I don’t want to ruin the episode for you or anyone else who watches. But the episode is a funny one. I can guarantee that! :D

This fan wrote about her experience at the taping last night; however, she didn't disclose any spoilers.

Thanks! That person wrote a very brief summary of the episode here.

Anonymous asked: can you briefly describe what happened yesterday at big bang taping... the story of the episode

Sheldon is trying to get a scientist to let him read his paper instead of Leonard, so Sheldon brings in another beloved scientist, (i’m not saying who.) to try and compete with Leonard. So Amy tells Sheldon, the reason he might not have chosen him was because he can get annoying. She doesn’t say it to his face, but Sheldon said how he’s used to hearing the word since he’s been called that since he was a child.

Raj and Howard are hanging out, and Howard invited Raj to hang out with him on Friday, but Raj is going to girls night with Penny, Bernadette, and Amy, so Howard starts making fun of him for it.

That’s pretty much it. I don’t want to say any of the jokes because I don’t want to ruin the episode for you or anyone else who watches. But the episode is a funny one. I can guarantee that! :D

I guess the beloved scientist is Bill Nye. Apparently, they didn't get the memo that this was common knowledge. :laugh:

• Like 1

I thought it said thanksgiving herd. Like a herd of writers. Like they're saying happy thanksgiving to their herd :p

Did you all read this part

Thank for the summary you posted.   It at least gives us a clue as to what the show will be about.   I wish they still had Amy helping Sheldon on the scientist story more, but at least they have a scene together.  I just like it when they have Shamy against others.  :girlwink:

Anonymous asked: can you briefly describe what happened yesterday at big bang taping... the story of the episode

Good for Howard.  I think it is time for Raj to stop going to "girls' night".

• Like 1

I'm glad she explained it because I've been trying to get tickets since this summer and on tv tickets it's ALWAYS sold out. My dentist is in Burbank and I gotta go every month so I'm thinking next semester I'm going to try to go once a month (I'll wait all damn day if I have to!)

Ugh I love Texas but I wish I lived close enough to see a taping. Maybe someday i can takeva trip to California to see one. That would be my dream. :D

For those trying to get tickets, this page has some tips and advice from someone (Roxanne) who was going every week (until they told her she couldn't come anymore, so she missed the finale of season 5). You can find her reports in the pined taping report thread in each season.

For those trying to get tickets, this page has some tips and advice from someone (Roxanne) who was going every week (until they told her she couldn't come anymore, so she missed the finale of season 5). You can find her reports in the pined taping report thread in each season.

Why did they tell her she couldn't come anymore?

Can't wait for tommorro for Work Place Proximity! And I would love a episode where they all had a thanksgiving episode and they all sat at a table and had dinner, you don't see that in TBBT a lot because it's not that type of show, but it would be great too see. Penny making it would be funny too kinda like Rachel did in Friend's.

Why did they tell her she couldn't come anymore?

Because technically, there was a once per season request limit, they just weren't enforcing it. She became a bit of a fixture there and they finally told her she couldn't come to the finale. Interestingly, there was someone who berated her, in her comments section on her blog, about going too much and taking tickets aways from those that wanted to attend. It was a week or so later that they told her she couldn't come to the finale.

Everyone seems to assume that Penny would be the one to cook Thanksgiving dinner.  Wouldn't Raj more likely be the chef?  I can see it being Penny's idea and then she enlists Raj's help to carry it out.

In terms of people going to the tapings, the ideal scenario is to have a small group of people who rotate so that they all get to see a few tapings without being there so often as to make an impression on the staff. 

• Like 1

Everyone seems to assume that Penny would be the one to cook Thanksgiving dinner.  Wouldn't Raj more likely be the chef?  I can see it being Penny's idea and then she enlists Raj's help to carry it out.

My comment was just a smart assed comment concerning what the hard meant in the photo, knowing Penny isn't the greatest cook.

In terms of people going to the tapings, the ideal scenario is to have a small group of people who rotate so that they all get to see a few tapings without being there so often as to make an impression on the staff.

Well, I'm more than willing, I just need round trip airfare, anyone want to help? Yeah, didn't think so, I tried. :)

• Like 2

My comment was just a smart assed comment concerning what the hard meant in the photo, knowing Penny isn't the greatest cook.

Well, I'm more than willing, I just need round trip airfare, anyone want to help? Yeah, didn't think so, I tried. :)

As soon as my rich uncle who I don't know exists dies and leaves me a fortune, making it so I can retire from my job and fly to Burbank whenever I want, I'm there also.  Should happen any day now.

• Like 1

I never could figure out why T.V. always tried to make out like thanksgiving dinner was such a big deal. I made one every year for about 20 years and it's not that hard.

I never could figure out why T.V. always tried to make out like thanksgiving dinner was such a big deal. I made one every year for about 20 years and it's not that hard.

Well, cooking a turkey isn't quite the same as boiling water.  If you don't know what you're doing in the kitchen, there's plenty of potential for disaster and that's good TV fodder.  And it's intensified by the fact that you've got all your family there, with all kinds of family dynamics and the pressure to look like a Norman Rockwell painting or like an episode of The Waltons.

Things can go terribly wrong...

• Like 1

Which is always funny, as long as it ain't you.

• Like 2

Well, cooking a turkey isn't quite the same as boiling water. If you don't know what you're doing in the kitchen, there's plenty of potential for disaster and that's good TV fodder. And it's intensified by the fact that you've got all your family there, with all kinds of family dynamics and the pressure to look like a Norman Rockwell painting or like an episode of The Waltons.

YES PLEASE.

• Like 1

How about a episode where all the families visit for Thanksgiving haha, that would be interesting.

• Like 1