S7 Spoilers

bigbangsheldon

Everyone seems to assume that Penny would be the one to cook Thanksgiving dinner.  Wouldn't Raj more likely be the chef?  I can see it being Penny's idea and then she enlists Raj's help to carry it out.

In terms of people going to the tapings, the ideal scenario is to have a small group of people who rotate so that they all get to see a few tapings without being there so often as to make an impression on the staff. 

You know, this reminds me of something I was thinking last night--that Raj needs a woman who appreciates his metrosexuality, maybe someone he might meet at a cooking class (which he seems to like to go to) or something like that.  I don't think that he necessarily needs to date a scientist, as long as the girl is smart enough to hold her own with the gang.  But meeting a girl in a cooking class or somewhere else outside of work could be interesting.

At any rate, I think a group Thanksgiving could be fun, especially if the parents were all there--or most of them, anyway (I don't think we'd see Howard's mother, for instance.)  But they'd need to have their Thanksgiving dinner at a restaurant or something.

I've always wanted to see the various family dynamics at work between all of those people--the various parents and how their presence would affect the gang and so forth.

Sounds like a fanfic topic...!

You know, this reminds me of something I was thinking last night--that Raj needs a woman who appreciates his metrosexuality, maybe someone he might meet at a cooking class (which he seems to like to go to) or something like that. I don't think that he necessarily needs to date a scientist, as long as the girl is smart enough to hold her own with the gang. But meeting a girl in a cooking class or somewhere else outside of work could be interesting.

At any rate, I think a group Thanksgiving could be fun, especially if the parents were all there--or most of them, anyway (I don't think we'd see Howard's mother, for instance.) But they'd need to have their Thanksgiving dinner at a restaurant or something.

I've always wanted to see the various family dynamics at work between all of those people--the various parents and how their presence would affect the gang and so forth.

Sounds like a fanfic topic...!

It would be fun to see all the families together but I don't think it will happen. As you said Howard's mother probably won't be seen. I can't imagine Leonard's parents coming for the fact that they are split and I doubt Bev goes for any normal family activities. Plus that's a lot of characters to fit on one set. I think if they do thanksgiving it will ether be the whole gang minus family or smaller groups like Sheldon, Amy, and maybe both mothers; Howard, Bernie, Raj, and maybe Bernie's parents; then Leonard and Penny. Though maybe Leonard and Penny could join Sheldon and Amy or, more interestingly, this could be the excuse to get Leonard to Nebraska.

• Like 1

I think since the other two couples have already hosted parties at their homes, that it should be Sheldon and Amy hosting Thanksgiving Day.   You know with their quirkiness all kinds of antics can take place (she might bring home one of the monkeys causing quite a scene).   It could be hilarious with them hosting a Thanksgiving dinner party and who knows what you would end up eating.  All I can tell you is that it would be Sheldon approved but it may be nothing more than red vines, sodas, and snacky foods.  :girlwink::laugh:

• Like 1

I think since the other two couples have already hosted parties at their homes, that it should be Sheldon and Amy hosting Thanksgiving Day.   You know with their quirkiness all kinds of antics can take place (she might bring home one of the monkeys causing quite a scene).   It could be hilarious with them hosting a Thanksgiving dinner party and who knows what you would end up eating.  All I can tell you is that it would be Sheldon approved but it may be nothing more than red vines, sodas, and snacky foods.  :girlwink::laugh:

I can imagine that Sheldon would make everyone wear period costumes...

I know that in real life it would be impractical to have all or most of the parent in one big scene, but in my head it seems hilarious... :p

But if they were to do a Thanksgiving-themed episode, it could be sort of switching back and forth between the couples and whatever they're doing for the holiday.  Can you imagine Howard, Bernie and Raj eating dinner at the Rostenkowski house?  Mr. R already finds Howard ridiculous--what would he think of Raj?  And I can imagine Raj in the kitchen with Mrs. R, helping her make dinner, LOL!

And maybe Amy and SHeldon could eat dinner with Amy's mother--get a little more info on Amy's family background.

And Penny and Leonard might either have an intimate dinner by themselves, since all of their parents live out of town, or maybe Leonard's dad could show up in Pasadena for the holiday...

I do hope they are planning some kind of Thanksgiving-themed ep, though, since we didn't get Halloween!

• Like 1

I can imagine that Sheldon would make everyone wear period costumes...

I know that in real life it would be impractical to have all or most of the parent in one big scene, but in my head it seems hilarious... :p

But if they were to do a Thanksgiving-themed episode, it could be sort of switching back and forth between the couples and whatever they're doing for the holiday.  Can you imagine Howard, Bernie and Raj eating dinner at the Rostenkowski house?  Mr. R already finds Howard ridiculous--what would he think of Raj?  And I can imagine Raj in the kitchen with Mrs. R, helping her make dinner, LOL!

And maybe Amy and SHeldon could eat dinner with Amy's mother--get a little more info on Amy's family background.

And Penny and Leonard might either have an intimate dinner by themselves, since all of their parents live out of town, or maybe Leonard's dad could show up in Pasadena for the holiday...

I do hope they are planning some kind of Thanksgiving-themed ep, though, since we didn't get Halloween!

I can't tell you how much I would love this part in bold.   We so much want to hear more about her background and to see her mother again.  I  would like this format...either way...a Shamy sponsored party or this format works for me.  

The only problem I see is I think only Howard and Bernadette have a proper dinner table they can all sit down to eat at. Somehow them sitting on the couch and chairs with plates on their laps doesn't seem too Thankgivingly.

The only problem I see is I think only Howard and Bernadette have a proper dinner table they can all sit down to eat at. Somehow them sitting on the couch and chairs with plates on their laps doesn't seem too Thankgivingly.

Actually, we've seen dining room tables at both the Wolowitz and Cooper family homes. Given that, I could easily see the gang having Thanksgiving dinner at the Wolowitzes (with Raj and Mrs. Wolowitz bonding in the kitchen and Sheldon holding forth on various arcane Thanksgiving-related things), but a plausible reason for getting them to Texas would be another matter.

• Like 1

Yeah but what is Thursday in the food schedule because I don't think it's turkey...

My dream Thanksgiving episode would be:

Penny suggests having a friends Thanksgiving dinner - the gangs all invited.  It's hosted in Leonard/Sheldon's apt.  It wouldn't be unusual to set up folding tables in place of the couch.  It's a Holiday after all!

Things happen, and Sheldon announces his mother is coming for Thanksgiving dinner.  Everyone is thrilled because everyone loves Mary Cooper.

Things happen, and Leonard announces his mother is, too, coming for Thanksgiving dinner.  Everyone is happy except Leonard. 

The rest of the episode takes place at the dinner table. 

Love. Love. Love. Wouldn't mind Raj's parents being present either. 

• Like 1

My dream Thanksgiving episode would be:

Penny suggests having a friends Thanksgiving dinner - the gangs all invited.  It's hosted in Leonard/Sheldon's apt.  It wouldn't be unusual to set up folding tables in place of the couch.  It's a Holiday after all!

Things happen, and Sheldon announces his mother is coming for Thanksgiving dinner.  Everyone is thrilled because everyone loves Mary Cooper.

Things happen, and Leonard announces his mother is, too, coming for Thanksgiving dinner.  Everyone is happy except Leonard. 

The rest of the episode takes place at the dinner table. 

Love. Love. Love. Wouldn't mind Raj's parents being present either. 

Thats not a bad setup, though they could do it a Howardette's. Lots of room for hilarious dialogue with this sort of episode.

I can hear the cries of anguish from the Shamy camp. Could Sheldon be more clueless?

About tonight's episode?  Maybe we didn't watch the same show, because what I saw was very positive for the relationship in a very funny but sweet Sheldonesque way.

• Like 3

Fans de BBT de habla española, les aviso que en esta página pueden descargar el episodio 5 de BBT, SUBTITULADO al español

http://ba-k.com/thre...Español-Pegados

El autor sube los videos apenas se estrenan asi que no olviden darle las gracias!   :good:

Ok guys in that page you can download the episodes of BBT, please share and enjoy!   :biggrin:

• Like 2

Fans de BBT de habla española, les aviso que en esta página pueden descargar el episodio 5 de BBT, SUBTITULADO al español

http://ba-k.com/thre...Español-Pegados

El autor sube los videos apenas se estrenan asi que no olviden darle las gracias! :good:

Ok guys in that page you can download the episodes of BBT, please share and enjoy! :biggrin:

But paying or the Link is not working?

(Me pide el número de teléfono y se me hace raro? De dónde eres koalita ?:D)

Edited by Maitetxup

I can hear the cries of anguish from the Shamy camp. Could Sheldon be more clueless?

I think Shamy fans were very pleased with this episode.

It's Sheldon, he is no Romeo, and he is not expected to be. That is part of the reason why their relationship is so intriguing yet sweet at the same time. Bottom line, he definitely showed a stronger affection towards Amy in this episode that he has not in the past. He came right out and said "I like you", face to face with her. What more could we ask for?

:girlsmile:

• Like 2

I am not a Shamy, but I like them. However I must say that the most positive thing I saw in regards to them was how Shamy stood up to him . I don't know if Sheldon moved the relationship forward that much...

I think what's intriguing about Shamy's relationship is that the tiniest things are exciting. I think people are torn between wanting Sheldon to stay exactly the way he is (or used to be) - asexual, cares about nothing but his work - and wanting him to be Romeo for Amy. And the writers are giving us a perfect in-between. He's taking tiny, ant-sized steps towards becoming her Romeo, so subtle most people don't even notice them, and he's doing it in a way that is consistent with his character. I think that's why us Shamies get so excited over an "I like you," because a year ago he never would have said that, especially in a way that he didn't feel obligated to do it. He could have just given he an empty apology, but he told he liked her, which in Sheldon's world is basically equivalent to an "I love you."

I still want an ILY, though. :spiteful:

• Like 5

But paying or the Link is not working?

(Me pide el número de teléfono y se me hace raro? De dónde eres koalita ?:D)

No es necesario pagar, sólo debes seleccionar la opción free y esperar casi dos minutos (condición de freakshare) :)

Gracias koalita, pude descargar el capítulo =), entré a la página de bakuno pero no veo como comentar para agradecerle :/

• Like 1

I dunno--though he might have said the wrong specific thing or taken Howard's bad advice, etc., in the end Sheldon said/did some important things.

He was bothered by the situation between them and couldn't sleep so he went over in the middle of the night to talk to her.

He said, "We're a couple".

He said, "I like you, quirks and all" (or something to that effect.

Even though he essentially called her a weirdo (which she is) he still said that he liked her, even as a weirdo.

I don't think that's clueless at all.  Of course he's going to misspeak, because that's his nature--but in that regard he's only slightly worse than the other guys.  Perhaps he's less aware of how blunt he's being, but he's not trying to deceive her or manipulate her.

So, nothing about the episode bothered this Shamy fan.

Edited by phantagrae
  • Like 3

I think what's intriguing about Shamy's relationship is that the tiniest things are exciting. I think people are torn between wanting Sheldon to stay exactly the way he is (or used to be) - asexual, cares about nothing but his work - and wanting him to be Romeo for Amy. And the writers are giving us a perfect in-between. He's taking tiny, ant-sized steps towards becoming her Romeo, so subtle most people don't even notice them, and he's doing it in a way that is consistent with his character. I think that's why us Shamies get so excited over an "I like you," because a year ago he never would have said that, especially in a way that he didn't feel obligated to do it. He could have just given he an empty apology, but he told he liked her, which in Sheldon's world is basically equivalent to an "I love you."

I still want an ILY, though. :spiteful:

Exaclty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That ep got my Shamy hopes really high!! And they are making the way toward more Shame affection. Casual touching on the shoulder, hugs(?) even on hot days that are just implied and a daydream-almost-kiss at the next episode. I think they want us to get used to it and of course keep it interesting!!

• Like 1