S7 Spoilers

bigbangsheldon

Information from last nights taping, from Morya - who got it from Morya's secret agent. 

Thanks for info. 

More degrading of Leonard by Sheldon --- same old, same old weak plot line.

Why would Penny be so upset (yell at) at Lucy for breaking up with Raj, I mean didn't she do the very same thing to Leonard in Season Three. For me this doesn't make sense and it's make Penny look like a hypocrite and I really hope it doesn't play out in this manner. 

I can see why Penny would be unhappy with Lucy since Raj is her friend, but I've never thought Lucy did anything wrong except for breaking up with him by text message.  Raj was pushing her too hard.  Both of them meant well but had major baggage and it just didn't work.  It wasn't anyone's fault.

You and I had kind of the same thought about this.  I can't for the live of me understand why Penny would be acting in this manner since she walked away from Leonard in Season Three due to things moving to fast and she wasn't ready. I wonder where the writers are going with this.

Edited by ArmyGirl
  • Like 2

It was on the first page on here. Its an article from July

As I recall this was something that came out of ComicCon, where I think someone asked if Raj's parents might come to Pasadena and the writers said something like it could happen, but it's certainly not set in stone.

It would be fun if we could see them in person, but I think we would have heard a bit of fanfare over it if they were planning to go there.

Priya coming back to visit for the Holidays

I would love to see that.  It's been a while since Penny has been in a good fight so she and Priya should throw down :diablo:

Information from last nights taping, from Morya - who got it from Morya's secret agent. 

I still say (without knowing any details of course) that having Penny somehow run into Lucy is too forced.  Unless it is at the comic book store or something, I just don't see them meeting in a way that would not be forced just to put them together.

I also kind of agree with the others that Lucy is not really to blame.  Raj is too coddled and Penny will do no one any favors by reinforcing his belief that he is an eternal victim.  It is also not fair to Lucy either.  Yes, breaking up via text is not cool and Penny should back Raj as they are friends, but she needs to sit down and explain to Raj why she broke up with him and how he was being pushy.  Lucy doesn't deserve the junior rodeo treatment :laugh:

Thanks for info. 

Why would Penny be so upset (yell at) at Lucy for breaking up with Raj, I mean didn't she do the very same thing to Leonard in Season Three. For me this doesn't make sense and it's make Penny look like a hypocrite and I really hope it doesn't play out in this manner. 

You and I had kind of the same thought about this.  I can't for the live of me understand why Penny would be acting in this manner since she walked away from Leonard in Season Three due to things moving to fast and she wasn't ready. I wonder where the writers are going with this.

Give me a break Penny had every right to break up with Leonard their was no obligation, I feel people think Penny should of told Leonard she loves him from the moment they meet at her door, anything less then that Penny is considered a hyopcrite, its ridiclous. Lucy and Raj broke up not because things were moving too fast, yeah that goes without saying, but Lucy had serious social anxiety issues, and it made Raj to be the confident one, it was all a plot device. Beleive it or not Leonard and Penny arent the only couple who have ever broken up in the history of the universe, so yelling at Lucy for breaking up with Raj, seeing it was by text, she is just being a good friend, it has no direct or indirect relation to her own break up, not everything has to come back to some big meaning. You could also argue she knew how she reacted with her break up with Leonard, so its manifesting itself onto Lucy, just a thought. Not everything Penny does needs to be a learning experience from her experiences, and just because a couple in the show break up, and Penny reacts all high in mighty does not make her a hypocrite, it has nothing to do with her she was most likely just supporting her friend, I see the comparisons but were speaking generally here, the fundamentals of Lenny were very different, they had been friends for a few years, and had dated for a year, Lucy and Raj barley made it past a week. And Sheldon has never degraded Leonard, its just his way, its as tolerant as Sheldon gets, does it make it ok? No but Sheldon is probably never going to change, its not an old used plot, its just a part of the show. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

I would love to see that.  It's been a while since Penny has been in a good fight so she and Priya should throw down :diablo:

There is no reason for Priya to come back. This cheating thing should stay away from Leonard and Penny :angry:.

Give me a break Penny had every right to break up with Leonard their was no obligation, I feel people think Penny should of told Leonard she loves him from the moment they meet at her door, anything less then that Penny is considered a hyopcrite, its ridiclous. Lucy and Raj broke up not because things were moving too fast, yeah that goes without saying, but Lucy had serious social anxiety issues, and it made Raj to be the confident one, it was all a plot device. Beleive it or not Leonard and Penny arent the only couple who have ever broken up in the history of the universe, so yelling at Lucy for breaking up with Raj, seeing it was by text, she is just being a good friend, it has no direct or indirect relation to her own break up, not everything has to come back to some big meaning. You could also argue she knew how she reacted with her break up with Leonard, so its manifesting itself onto Lucy, just a thought. Not everything Penny does needs to be a learning experience from her experiences, and just because a couple in the show break up, and Penny reacts all high in mighty does not make her a hypocrite, it has nothing to do with her she was most likely just supporting her friend, I see the comparisons but were speaking generally here, the fundamentals of Lenny were very different, they had been friends for a few years, and had dated for a year, Lucy and Raj barley made it past a week. And Sheldon has never degraded Leonard, its just his way, its as tolerant as Sheldon gets, does it make it ok? No but Sheldon is probably never going to change, its not an old used plot, its just a part of the show. 

There was a conversation in I forget which episode in which Leonard was moping and told Raj that someday he would fall for a girl and she'd have sex with him and then break his heart.  Raj asked, "But she'll have sex with me first, right?" and Leonard told him yes.  Poor Raj; he fell for a girl and she broke his heart but he didn't even get sex first!

• Like 2

To be honest it didn't make me speechless.  It did make me question other things about you though.  

Why because I had a different opinion to yours? From my perspective you always seem to have a problem with the character of Sheldon, and thats fine I think hes a pain in the butt too. But its so consistent, all I did was contrast your point about arguing Penny could come across as hypocritical if this does occur, I was just aruguing and pointing out some valid points as to why her relationship and her break up with Leonard is completley separate to the whole Lucy and Raj storyline thats all. 

• Like 2

Well, I find it interesting that the "Frustrated Amy" joke was distinctive enough to get special mention in the report. I do agree that it is becoming a pretty recurrent joke, maybe they're laying the ground work for something big there (maybe an Amy ultimatum?)

I've said before that Amy could do better, and that (in my opinion) the only reason she stays with Sheldon is lack of self-esteem. He's probably the first guy she's met that stuck around past her initial attempt to drive them away. As long as Amy doesn't start her opening conversation with something like "Now, before this goes any further, you should know that all forms of physical contact up to and including coitus are off the table." she should have a good chance of meeting someone who would be willing to help her with her 'frustration' problem and if things progress well she might even be able to give 'Gerard' a rest, or at least progress to something a little more life like.

Edited by eirwinrommel
  • Like 1

I've said before that Amy could do better, and that (in my opinion) the only reason she stays with Sheldon is lack of self-esteem. He's probably the first guy she's met that stuck around past her initial attempt to drive them away. As long as Amy doesn't start her opening conversation with something like "Now, before this goes any further, you should know that all forms of physical contact up to and including coitus are off the table." she should have a good chance of meeting someone who would be willing to help her with her 'frustration' problem and if things progress well she might even be able to give 'Gerard' a rest.

Just a heads up their some angry Shamys over in the Shamy thread with pitch forks coming your way ;) Be warned lol. I think Amy sticks around because she is really the only one who understands Sheldon, anyone else would of either killed him, or driven him off a cliff haha. Lack of self esteem is one thing but Amy is a pretty strong willed women, very smart too so I am sure she knows Sheldon does emotionally abuse her at times, but hes getting better this season and is starting to treat her right. 

• Like 1

Well, I find it interesting that the "Frustrated Amy" joke was distinctive enough to get special mention in the report. I do agree that it is becoming a pretty recurrent joke, maybe they're laying the ground work for something big there (maybe an Amy ultimatum?)

...or it could just be one of the jokes that irritates the person who reported.

Thanks for info. 

It is so hard to know how this Lucy/Penny interaction really took place. I'm going to wait until I actually see it to think about it much. I remember how upset people were getting before the season opener and then it was mostly "oh, that was no big deal" more or less.

It is so hard to know how this Lucy/Penny interaction really took place. I'm going to wait until I actually see it to think about it much. I remember how upset people were getting before the season opener and then it was mostly "oh, that was no big deal" more or less.

I don't want the writers messing with Penny again.  They finally got her to a good point on the show and I worry about her and Leonard both regressing since they are in a great place at this time.

• Like 3

I worry about that too, but tbh if their was any messing around by the writers it was for good reasons and justified, besides I don't think Lenny well regress in one episode, taping reports are always vague. 

Edited by 3ku11

I've said before that Amy could do better, and that (in my opinion) the only reason she stays with Sheldon is lack of self-esteem. He's probably the first guy she's met that stuck around past her initial attempt to drive them away. As long as Amy doesn't start her opening conversation with something like "Now, before this goes any further, you should know that all forms of physical contact up to and including coitus are off the table." she should have a good chance of meeting someone who would be willing to help her with her 'frustration' problem and if things progress well she might even be able to give 'Gerard' a rest, or at least progress to something a little more life like.

Perhaps her "fiance" should contact her about finally getting married. 

• Like 3

"As long as Amy doesn't start her opening conversation with something like "Now, before this goes any further, you should know that all forms of physical contact up to and including coitus are off the table." Highlighted that bold part, because that right their is why Amy and Sheldon work, no one understands each other other then Amy and Sheldon, of course their is no form of physical contact in their relationship, thats the whole point of Shamy, does not mean Amy has a lack of self esteem, more if anything compromising her integrity for the relationship, but like I said Sheldons getting better. 

Perhaps she could do better but I actually think she stays with him because she is like him (although this has been muted by her attempts to make friends with Penny and the effects that both Penny and Bernadette have had on her). She is more adaptable than Sheldon. With time she is gaining confidence and is far more in control of her relationship with Sheldon that Sheldon is. Sheldon (and his friends) have been good for Amy and she has been good for Sheldon.

• Like 2

Amy has almost as many quirks and oddities as Sheldon, she's just slightly more adaptable than Sheldon. She's still forward and inappropriate, kind of superior and judgemental and can be off-putting. She not only understands Sheldon and appreciates his quirks and his intellect, but finds him tone a kindred spirit. He understands her and she knows it.

I don't think that she could do better because any other guy probably wouldn't appreciate or indulge her penchant for things like made up languages, etc.

I don't think she has a lack of self-esteem. If anything, she probably has a little too much self-esteem, like Sheldon. I think they're perfectly suited for each other, it's just that she's more socially developed than he is and is more willing to experience new things.

And of course, the writers fall back on the easy joke of Amy being ready to move onto the next step while Sheldon is not yet ready. It not about them not being well-suited to each other, but about the writers using that joke.

• Like 2