The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bigbangsheldon

S7 Spoilers

7.09 Script Cover:

BX1utZ8CUAE4E4Y.jpg

Someone over at the lollypop guild suggested the "theoretical decoupling".

That would play into my prediction before the season started that Amy would break up with Sheldon and he wouldn't know it. Fingers crossed!

• Like 3

Someone over at the lollypop guild suggested the "theoretical decoupling".

That would play into my prediction before the season started that Amy would break up with Sheldon and he wouldn't know it. Fingers crossed!

I don't remember seeing that--I'm pretty sure everyone is saying it's The Thanksgiving ___coupling" Re or De or whatever.

And decoupling hasn't ever born out on the show:

The Terminator Decoupling--the only one who really "decoupled" were the guys trying to "couple" Summer Glau.

The Decoupling Fluctation--Penny contemplated "decoupling" with Leonard, but in the end she didn't do it.

It could indeed be something about "decoupling", but as others have pointed out, it could be about the couples trying to split Thanksgiving obligations between their various families.

We'll know soon enough.

• Like 3

I must have overlooked that one, but, really, that person was mixing up two different episodes, still thinking about Raj and Lucy in the "Itchy Brain" episode and trying to extrapolate that into a "recoupling", hence the "theoretical", which doesn't really make sense.

I think there's more evidence that it's going to be a Thanksgiving episode, given the photo from the writers' room that Bill Prady tweeted some time back which showed the board with the ep numbers and a title about Thanksgiving for 7x9.

• Like 1

Bummer to hear a lot of jokes missed/ lots of rewrites

I don't know that it means anything bad.  They frequently do rewrites of jokes, try scenes a few different ways, etc.  In the taping report for Zazzy Substitution, there was a whole sequence between Penny and Sheldon in the laundry room where Penny has that line about "that's the worst country song ever" where they tried having Penny and/or Sheldon trying to make a song out of Sheldon's line "She's a girl who was my friend and now she's a girl who is not my friend", something like that.  Apparently they tried that scene a few different ways with that song idea before just finally doing it the way we see it in the episode, with no song whatsoever.

If they finally get a scene to the point where it produces the right kind of laughs, then I think that's a good thing.  Of course, we also know of scenes that were done several different ways and ended up not making it all--the infamous "Streetcar" bit... :p

Anyway, it's really hard to tell from the sort of general comment that we got for this taping.

It sounds to me like they put a lot of effort into getting it workable. I also get a sense that the actors bring a lot to a scene in timing, expressions and delivery that is not in a script.

I am wondering if they get a lot of variation in the live audience from taping to taping? Some that will laugh just because they are so excited about seeing the production live and others who are wishing they were someplace else.

Edited by djsurrey

It sounds to me like they put a lot of effort into getting it workable. I also get a sense that the actors bring a lot to a scene in timing, expressions and delivery that is not in a script.

I am wondering if they get a lot of variation in the live audience from taping to taping? Some that will laugh just because they are so excited about seeing the production live and others who are wishing they were someplace else.

I doubt that anyone who bothers to do what it takes to get into a taping is going to wish they were somewhere else.  It's more likely that they might be anticipating something else--more Shamy, more Lenny, more whatever.

But I do think that obviously some episodes are weaker than others (Speckerman, anyone?), so it could be that this one is one of those weaker episodes, or where what may have seemed like a good idea in the writers's room and at the table read just doesn't translate very well to the audience.

Dunno.

• Like 1

If they finally get a scene to the point where it produces the right kind of laughs, then I think that's a good thing.  Of course, we also know of scenes that were done several different ways and ended up not making it all--the infamous "Streetcar" bit... :p

Sorry if this has been talked to death (and I know it's from last season) but...was the street car scene ever discussed in the forums? I must have missed it , since I don't know what you're talking about. In regards to re-writes or no re-writes, I guess that we as fans would feel better in the knowledge that they got it right fom the start, since that's a little bit more reassuring, BUT that being said, the only thing that matters is the finished product. If it's funny it's funny, and it's not so important how they got there,

Sorry if this has been talked to death (and I know it's from last season) but...was the street car scene ever discussed in the forums? I must have missed it , since I don't know what you're talking about. In regards to re-writes or no re-writes, I guess that we as fans would feel better in the knowledge that they got it right fom the start, since that's a little bit more reassuring, BUT that being said, the only thing that matters is the finished product. If it's funny it's funny, and it's not so important how they got there,

The streetcar thing is a good example of something I would like to see. There was a scene of Sheldon dressed up like one of the characters in the play that was cut from the actual episode. So my thing is some TV shows give you extended cuts of the show in the season CDs, why can't a hugely popular show like TBBT do that, so we can see those cut scenes.

• Like 1

Yeah I just recently bought an updated friends box set and there was loads of scenes I hadn't seen before and I was a friends addict

Maybe tbbt could do a bit more of that

Edited by rachelshamyfan
  • Like 1

Oh, yesssss! i would love to see deleted scenes, or even extended episodes that perhaps they couldn't broadcast due to time constraints in the Season blu-rays/dvds

• Like 1

The streetcar thing is a good example of something I would like to see. There was a scene of Sheldon dressed up like one of the characters in the play that was cut from the actual episode. So my thing is some TV shows give you extended cuts of the show in the season CDs, why can't a hugely popular show like TBBT do that, so we can see those cut scenes.

Me too!  I was really hoping they'd include the streetcar bit in the bonus features.  The thought of Sheldon dressed in a wife-beater cracks me up.

• Like 2

It was discussed in the taping report and drooled over by Jim/Sheldon fans, as I recall (myself included!), at the thought of JP in a wife-beater.

It was supposed to be the tag of the episode, where Sheldon, disappointed that there weren't really any streetcars in the play, had recruited Penny to do a scene called something like "A Streetcar Named Desire, And Other Streetcars".  They were putting the scene on in the living room of the guys' apartment.

I don't remember what all was supposed to happen in the scene, but they tried it several different ways on taping night.  But then in the final cut of the episode, they had decided not to use that scene at all and shot a different tag, the one where we see the 3 of them at the play.  I believe they taped that without the audience and then recorded the next taping's audience's reaction to it for the broadcast.

• Like 1

The Big Bang Theory - Episode 7.08 - The Itchy Brain Simulation - Press Release

Posted by Babar Suhail at Thursday, October 31, 2013 1 Comment

The Big Bang Theory

SHELDON PUNISHES LEONARD FOR A PAST MISTAKE BY MAKING HIM “WALK A MILE IN HIS SHOES,” ON “THE BIG BANG THEORY,” THURSDAY, NOV. 14

Kate Micucci Returns as Lucy

“The Itchy Brain Simulation” – Leonard tries to keep Sheldon from overreacting when a past mistake comes to light, but Sheldon punishes Leonard by making him walk a mile in his shoes. Meanwhile, Penny confronts Raj’s ex-girlfriend, Lucy, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Nov. 14 (8:00 – 8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. 

CHEAT TWEET: Sheldon punishes Leonard & makes him “walk a mile in his shoes” & @KateMicucci returns #BigBangTheory 11/14 @8 PM http://bit.ly/1aMpFln

CAST:

Johnny Galecki (Leonard)

Jim Parsons (Sheldon)

Kaley Cuoco (Penny)

Simon Helberg (Wolowitz)

Kunal Nayyar (Koothrappali)

Mayim Bialik (Amy)

Melissa Rauch (Bernadette)

GUEST CAST:

Kate Micucci (Lucy)

Morgan Hewitt (Lizzy)

STORY BY: Steven Molaro, Bill Prady and Jim Reynolds

TELEPLAY BY: Eric Kaplan, Steve Holland and Maria Ferrari

DIRECTED BY: Mark Cendrowski

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/10/the-big-bang-theory-episode-708-itchy_31.html#ixzz2jLGf3ej2 

Follow us: @SpoilerTV on Twitter

• Like 1

Wow! Penny is hooking Raj up with Morgan Hewitt (Lizzy), that is nice of her.

The CBS press calendar states the title of episode 7.09 is "The Thanksgiving Decoupling".  It is scheduled to air on November 21.

Thanks.  That was my first guess when I saw the script cover tweet.   :girlwink:

The CBS press calendar states the title of episode 7.09 is "The Thanksgiving Decoupling".  It is scheduled to air on November 21.

Yes!!!! He says with a fist pump. Now, if I only got the plot right with my earlier post. :)

• Like 2

I think Sheldon should outsource punishing Leonard to Penny. She has to get more mileage from that nightie. But who knows what for. Maybe he Leonard crossed a line one too many times. You know, those lines on the floor of the bathroom.

• Like 2