In Memoriam: Mike (walnutcowboy) has passed away

S7 Spoilers

bigbangsheldon

It was discussed in the taping report and drooled over by Jim/Sheldon fans, as I recall (myself included!), at the thought of JP in a wife-beater.

It was supposed to be the tag of the episode, where Sheldon, disappointed that there weren't really any streetcars in the play, had recruited Penny to do a scene called something like "A Streetcar Named Desire, And Other Streetcars".  They were putting the scene on in the living room of the guys' apartment.

I don't remember what all was supposed to happen in the scene, but they tried it several different ways on taping night.  But then in the final cut of the episode, they had decided not to use that scene at all and shot a different tag, the one where we see the 3 of them at the play.  I believe they taped that without the audience and then recorded the next taping's audience's reaction to it for the broadcast.

The idea was at the end that they would show reaction shots of the group watching the 'scene' (mainly a lot of talking by Sheldon) and that Leonard starts to play with Sheldon's etch-o-sketch (the one he confiscated before they went to the play).

I think Sheldon should outsource punishing Leonard to Penny. She has to get more mileage from that nightie. But who knows what for. Maybe he Leonard crossed a line one too many times. You know, those lines on the floor of the bathroom.

Any excuse to re-use the nightie.

The CBS press calendar states the title of episode 7.09 is "The Thanksgiving Decoupling".  It is scheduled to air on November 21.

Raj must bid a tearful goodbye when the gang goes to the Chinese restaurant for thanksgiving dinner and Cinnamon is mistaken for a cat.

I'm all for that nightie getting a call back for a future episode.

The nightie didn't do it for me.

I cannot believe the Thanksgiving thing was real after all! lol

I think it was a fine bit of sleuthing from that pic where I'm sure Bill didn't intend to leak that info. ;)

Reminds me of a time, many years ago, when we David Duchovny fans figured out a future project of his by figuring out the tiny, blurry print on a script cover he was carrying in a photo taken outside some talk so.  With some quick googling, we figured out the name of the movie, etc., in a matter of a day, I think. :biggrin:

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Despite the prospect of Jim in a wifebeater (ugh what a horrible name, I prefer "chemisette") I was glad they got rid of that scene. It made no sense whatsoever and it was just plain ridiculous.

Any excuse to re-use the nightie.

Oh please no, not that hideous nightie again.   I hope they burned it after that episode.   UGH!

Raj must bid a tearful goodbye when the gang goes to the Chinese restaurant for thanksgiving dinner and Cinnamon is mistaken for a cat.

Thanks, Rachel!   Wow..I guess that explains the "decoupling"..haha.   Interesting that they are at a Chinese restaurant for Thanksgiving Dinner.  Sort of reminds me of the scene in A Christmas Story where they end up having Chrismas dinner at one.  LOL!

Edited by stardustmelody

As a straight female, my two cents are that she looks hot in that nightie. PLUS we got Johnny's arms a couple of times in that episode. 

And yeah, a wife beater is a bit of a… weird name for a garment, but it is what it is, apparently! Just like nighties are worn for sleeping but obviously that nightie wouldn't be slept in :) 

• Like 4

As a straight female, my two cents are that she looks hot in that nightie. PLUS we got Johnny's arms a couple of times in that episode.

The arms that Penny seems to enjoy touching - a lot. LOL.

I'm pleased to see them try for another communal meal, where Penny might get to sit down.

Might we get a relative too?

• Like 2

Yeah, the "wife beater" is called that because of a stereotype of the kind of man who would typically wear that kind of undershirt (as opposed to the t-shirt style, I guess) at some point.

It's an out-dated idea (if it was ever valid) but the sobriquet remains.

At any rate, I'd have paid real money to have seen that, regardless of whether or not it worked in the episode. :p

Yeah, the "wife beater" is called that because of a stereotype of the kind of man who would typically wear that kind of undershirt (as opposed to the t-shirt style, I guess) at some point.

It's an out-dated idea (if it was ever valid) but the sobriquet remains.

At any rate, I'd have paid real money to have seen that, regardless of whether or not it worked in the episode. :p

Off topic.

The singlet was traditional until 1934 when Clarke Gable took off his shirt in "It Happened One Night", without an undershirt beneath. Sales dropped thereafter. And here, no one but even nerdier kids than I ever was, and I can't think who that might have been, ever wore t-shirts as undershirts. Maybe it's a climate thing. If I want to be blue collar I wear my my blue singlet, as is done by many proud tradesman, or "tradies". There is a concrete pour going on next door as I write and no shirts or blue singlets are all the go. If I wear a suit to work, then I'd pick a white singlet if I'm a bit special. That's the code, here.

Back to the show. - Yes men can look good that way, as did Penny in past, too.