In Memoriam: Mike (walnutcowboy) has passed away

S7 Spoilers

bigbangsheldon

From a guys perspective she looked hot in that nightie, yeah maybe she was a bit over done, but Penny is so hot she could look good in overalls :).

I think she was going for desireable, sexy with a little bit of sluttly thrown in.  I think with that hair and nightie, she nailed it. After all she was going for shock and awe, then she cut him off at the knees to punish him, which she accomplished quite well.

I just hope she dresses up like that again to reward him later in the season.  That little nerd needs to catch a break sometimes.

• Like 3

The issue is not wearing the wifebeater as an undershirt.  It became synonymous with lower class males in America, who would wear it as a normal shirt with nothing over it.  It was/is not uncommon to see someone being led away in cuffs after a domestic dispute wearing just a wifebeater.

The issue is not wearing the wifebeater as an undershirt. It became synonymous with lower class males in America, who would wear it as a normal shirt with nothing over it. It was/is not uncommon to see someone being led away in cuffs after a domestic dispute wearing just a wifebeater.

Nominative determinism at play. And maybe working class males... or just the déclassé males of any class. LOL.

I swear I look good in my bluey, stubbies and thongs! :)blue-singlet-1.jpg

Not me, but close.

Eta. Why am I defending a garment? Lol.

Edited by Nogravitasatall

The issue is not wearing the wifebeater as an undershirt.  It became synonymous with lower class males in America, who would wear it as a normal shirt with nothing over it.  It was/is not uncommon to see someone being led away in cuffs after a domestic dispute wearing just a wifebeater.

Thank you for that I had no idea what people were talking about.

I'm stunned to know how you can even have "wife beater" as a name of a garment. *shudder*. A wife beater is the person the police cuff and cart away.

I'd call it a singlet I think. Always learning here. :)

In the US, the white tank is called a "wife beater" because of the stereotype that it's the type of garmet favored by the type of low class douchebag who beats his wife. It has offensive stereotype written all over it, but it's been common parlance for a long time.

As for the nightie of Penny's - I'm female, and I think it's quite fetching on her. Although I'm also partial to things which are pink and purple, so maybe that's also partially my problem, but it resembles a few things I own.

• Like 2

Oh please no, not that hideous nightie again.   I hope they burned it after that episode.   UGH!

Thanks, Rachel!   Wow..I guess that explains the "decoupling"..haha.   Interesting that they are at a Chinese restaurant for Thanksgiving Dinner.  Sort of reminds me of the scene in A Christmas Story where they end up having Chrismas dinner at one.  LOL!

Melody, you do know Disgusted was just making a joke, right?  It's an inappropriate, culturally insensitive joke.  If TBBT actually did make a joke about Chinese people eating cats, let alone a plot centered around it, I'd immediately turn off my tv and never watch the show again.  I have Disgusted hidden from my feed because of crap like that.

• Like 1

There's too much politically correct attitudes in this world. Remember everything said somebody somewhere.

In my experience, when someone says "you're being too politically correct," what they're actually saying is "you're not letting me get away with saying whatever I want, no matter how offensive or disgusting or insulting it is."

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

In my experience, when someone says "you're being too politically correct," what they're actually saying is "you're not letting me get away with saying whatever I want, no matter how offensive or disgusting or insulting it is."

"Political Correctness" is the bane of Civil Society. The only purpose of "Political Correctness" is to use a person's inherent decency as a weapon against them. If I make a comment and you say it's sexist/racist/insensitive I apologize and stop talking about whatever I was talking about, because I don't want to be viewed as sexist/racist/insensitive. If a person who actually is sexist/racist/insensitive makes a comment that you say is sexist/racist/insensitive they don't really care since from their perspective it is perfectly acceptable to be sexist/racist/insensitive.

• Like 5

The bane of civil society maybe other things, like applying labels that allow mental shortcuts that make it easier to see people as not people. And when there are no real spoilers. :)

What some call political correctness might also be called awareness of other people's feelings.  Empathy is a good thing.

We should get some sort of real spoilers this week though.

• Like 3

What some call political correctness might also be called awareness of other people's feelings.  Empathy is a good thing.

We should get some sort of real spoilers this week though.

However, as most things in life, taking something to the extreme or doing it in excess many times causes more problems and even can defeat the original purpose. JMO :)

• Like 1

However, as most things in life, taking something to the extreme or doing it in excess many times causes more problems and even can defeat the original purpose. JMO :)

Maybe if more people went to the extreme of being sympathetic to others' feelings, there would be fewer problems in the world. JMO ;)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

There's too much politically correct attitudes in this world. Remember everything said somebody somewhere.

When I was a kid we called each other by ethic slurs and thought nothing of it. Even religious slurs like Mackel Smacker, or Kike were Popular. The problem is our society has become tooooo prosperous and we have lost our competitive edge and expect every thing to be like walking down a Rose Garden path.

• Like 2

When I was a kid we called each other by ethic slurs and thought nothing of it. Even religious slurs like Mackel Smacker, or Kike were Popular.

That doesn't make it right and that sounds suspiciously like "it's OK because everyone else does it".  

The problem is our society has become tooooo prosperous and we have lost our competitive edge and expect every thing to be like walking down a Rose Garden path.

What does being an idiot that spouts ethnic, racial, and religious slurs have to do with being competitive? Or are you claiming spouting such drivel makes you a better competitor?

Such slurs objectify people and it's those types of slurs that have been used throughout history to oppress certain groups, or to rile up a population against such groups.

• Like 3

Do we know anyone going to the taping?  I'm anxious to hear what happens since this is the last episode of November sweeps.  Guess we would've heard by now if Laurie Metcalf or any other big names were going to be on.

Do we know anyone going to the taping?  I'm anxious to hear what happens since this is the last episode of November sweeps.  Guess we would've heard by now if Laurie Metcalf or any other big names were going to be on.

There is someone going, but I don't recall the name. It was over in the Shamy spoilers thread

Tomasina from FF is going.   She will be good at documenting the episode.   It will be the last sweeps episode for November sweeps.  7.10 will be shown in December so won't hit sweeps.

Laurie is busy doing a play that opens tomorrow off-Broadway so I am certain she will not be in any upcoming episodes.  She is tied up at least until early January according to her contract (unless the show bombs and they close earlier).   

Yeah I just recently bought an updated friends box set and there was loads of scenes I hadn't seen before and I was a friends addict

Maybe tbbt could do a bit more of that

They probably will release a box set at the very end with all these extras that are not on the yearly ones that most of us are buying, 

Laurie is busy doing a play that opens tomorrow off-Broadway so I am certain she will not be in any upcoming episodes.  She is tied up at least until early January according to her contract (unless the show bombs and they close earlier).   

oh, that's good news i guess. maybe she can come in the later part of the season? BOOK IT. NOW. STEVE.

• Like 2

oh, that's good news i guess. maybe she can come in the later part of the season? BOOK IT. NOW. STEVE.

Yes...well I guess it depends on the success of the play, but yes she should be more available later in the season. I do hope they book her now and get that arranged because it would be great to have Mary come back.