Congratulations to all British here, to Duchess Kate now mommy and Prince Whilliam now daddy... and Welcome to the world baby prince... here in Poland on tv 24-hour news program we have everything llife  and it is real big news... 

Congratulations to all British here on this message board, to Duchess Kate who is now a mom and Prince William now a dad... and welcome to the world to their child the future heir of the United Kingdom.

As a British person who wants to abolish the monarchy, I'm not particularly excited, but of course it's nice for the Royal Family (I think, though I'm not sure how they coped with the media coverage). They are, however, a redundant relic of the feudal system - Prince Charles, for example, doesn't even have to pay corporation tax. The family has no purpose, and unless this baby will in the future use his control of the armed forces for something evil, I don't see how his birth is of massive importance when there have been hundreds of thousands of babies born since we were graced with his royal highness's arrival.

As a British person who wants to abolish the monarchy, I'm not particularly excited, but of course it's nice for the Royal Family (I think, though I'm not sure how they coped with the media coverage). They are, however, a redundant relic of the feudal system - Prince Charles, for example, doesn't even have to pay corporation tax. The family has no purpose, and unless this baby will in the future use his control of the armed forces for something evil, I don't see how his birth is of massive importance when there have been hundreds of thousands of babies born since we were graced with his royal highness's arrival.

I agree with you Viddy=P However, even though monarchy may not be the best political system, it still goes along with democracy. So the royal familly has more of a symbolic function, rather than actually have all the power. 

Anyway, congratulations to all British! It's always nice when a healthy baby is born.