stardustmelody

Cast, Crew, And Bbt News

3,110 posts in this topic

Posted

2 minutes ago, vonmar said:

The CBS Upfronts take place in NYC today.

This morning was the executive breakfast with Les Moonves, CBS Chairman & CEO.  The CBS presentations will take place this afternoon.

Regarding TBBT...

He also expressed optimism for a future for The Big Bang Theory beyond its current two-season renewal, telling the room that he and Warner Bros. CEO Kevin Tsujihara actually met with the cast before negotiations to make sure everyone was "happy." When pressed on the likelihood of the No. 1 broadcast show going on beyond its 12th season, he had this to say: "In my book, Everybody Loves Raymond closed down three years too early. You want to leave on top, but you also don't want to leave with money on the table."

As to the Fall schedule.

TBBT will once again begin season on Mondays at 8pm moving to Thursday at 8pm on October 27.

The Hollywood Reporter

Mixed feelings that they'd be willing to go even beyond S12 with TBBT but at the same time it's nice to see them so confident in the show and finances don't seem to be an issue despite the high production costs.

Jonny, mirs1, spidergirl and 3 others like this

Posted

They are not on top though lol. Over stayed their welcome. But their is definately a ton of money on the tablle. 

Posted

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

This morning was the executive breakfast with Les Moonves, CBS Chairman & CEO.  The CBS presentations will take place this afternoon.

Regarding TBBT...

He also expressed optimism for a future for The Big Bang Theory beyond its current two-season renewal, telling the room that he and Warner Bros. CEO Kevin Tsujihara actually met with the cast before negotiations to make sure everyone was "happy." When pressed on the likelihood of the No. 1 broadcast show going on beyond its 12th season, he had this to say: "In my book, Everybody Loves Raymond closed down three years too early. You want to leave on top, but you also don't want to leave with money on the table."

As to the Fall schedule.

TBBT will once again begin season on Mondays at 8pm moving to Thursday at 8pm on October 27.

The Hollywood Reporter

I'm happy to see this, I agree the quality is down but it is still my favorite show on TV and is still better than the other crap on TV.  I guess the only thing that could make me stop would be romantic Shenny.

amethyst, veejay and Jonny like this

Posted

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

Regarding TBBT...

As to the Fall schedule.

The Hollywood Reporter

Quoting myself to make a correction..

TBBT will once again begin their season on Mondays at 8pm moving to Thursday at 8pm on October 27  November 2nd.

Posted

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

They are not on top though lol. Over stayed their welcome. But their is definately a ton of money on the tablle. 

What do you think?

"CEO Kevin Tsujihara actually met with the cast before negotiations to make sure everyone was "happy.“…
...You want to leave on top, but you also don't want to leave with money on the table."

That’s the spirit. There’s no business like show business. :shy:

bfm and Strawberry PopTart Fan like this

Posted (edited)

Let's see what these next two years hold first imo. I will say I saw some real signs in the second half this season they could be starting to run out of ideas, though I don't know if that could be down to the usual slowing down between seasons and also the negotiations going on.

If Season 12 is looking great and they have more ideas then perhaps calls for even more seasons might be valid.

Edited by Jonny
spidergirl, amethyst, April and 1 other like this

Posted

4 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

They are the number one non-sports show, both in viewers and in demo.  They are on top.  

Posted

3 hours ago, Jonny said:

Let's see what these next two years hold first imo. I will say I saw some real signs in the second half this season they could be starting to run out of ideas, though I don't know if that could be down to the usual slowing down between seasons and also the negotiations going on.

If Season 12 is looking great and they have more ideas then perhaps calls for even more seasons might be valid.

The voice of reason was heard in the land.  Thanks Jonny.

Jonny, April and spidergirl like this

Posted

On 5/10/2017 at 4:52 PM, vonmar said:

On Wednesday May 24th, The Anti-Defamation League will honor Bill Prady at their annual Entertainment Industry Dinner to be held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.

"The ADL Entertainment Industry Dinner honors individuals annually for their vision, leadership, accomplishments and contributions to the entertainment community.  Deeply committed to utilizing his platform to better the world, 2017 honoree Bill Prady is a loyal ADL ally and supports the organization’s work building bridges among diverse communities and fighting hatred, bigotry and bias of all kinds."

The Barenaked Ladies will perform at the event.

http://la.adl.org/event/2017-entertainment-industry-dinner/

http://www.cvent.com/events/2017-entertainment-industry-dinner/event-summary-d574af8ae81e486785f29d4fabddcd38.aspx

From Variety

Wil Wheaton Honors ‘Big Bang Theory’ Co-Creator Bill Prady’s Commitment to Justice

adl-dinner.jpg