Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
stardustmelody

Cast, Crew, And Bbt News

Recommended Posts

On 1/12/2019 at 11:44 PM, bfm said:

Riki Lindhome was on "Crazy Ex Girlfriend" last night (as part of a "Cats" parody).

Later than usual, but Rachel Bloom finally uploaded the video. So here's Riki killing it as "Hungry Cat" in a very concreately named number:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2019 at 6:49 AM, Tripper said:

Regina King won Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture for If Beale Street Could Talk.

 

I saw the movie yesterday and Regina was excellent!:give_rose:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This exchange on Twitter today.....

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From Playbill

The Big Bang Theory Musical Parody to Debut Off-Broadway

The pop-rock musical spoof will play the Jerry Orbach Theater beginning in February.

A new musical is joining The Office musical parody at the Jerry Orbach Theater Off-Broadway, and it's a spoof of another well-known and beloved sitcom: CBS' The Big Bang Theory. Titled The Big Bang Theory: A Pop-Rock Musical Parody and set to run in repertory with The Office, the new musical comedy will begin performances February 28 ahead of a March 7 opening.

The Big Bang Theory: A Pop-Rock Musical Parody features a book, music and lyrics by Karlan Judd. Tristan J. Shuler directs the production, with casting to be announced at a later date.

The show, which will feature the Big Bang Theory's familiar face of eccentric scientists, is slated for an open-ended run. A full creative team will also be announced at a later date. CNK Theatricals produces.

Play's Official Site

  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, vonmar said:

From Playbill

The Big Bang Theory Musical Parody to Debut Off-Broadway

The pop-rock musical spoof will play the Jerry Orbach Theater beginning in February.

A new musical is joining The Office musical parody at the Jerry Orbach Theater Off-Broadway, and it's a spoof of another well-known and beloved sitcom: CBS' The Big Bang Theory. Titled The Big Bang Theory: A Pop-Rock Musical Parody and set to run in repertory with The Office, the new musical comedy will begin performances February 28 ahead of a March 7 opening.

The Big Bang Theory: A Pop-Rock Musical Parody features a book, music and lyrics by Karlan Judd. Tristan J. Shuler directs the production, with casting to be announced at a later date.

The show, which will feature the Big Bang Theory's familiar face of eccentric scientists, is slated for an open-ended run. A full creative team will also be announced at a later date. CNK Theatricals produces.

Play's Official Site

That sounds interesting! Though there probably won't be a way for me to see that :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy 53rd Birthday to John Malina...

 

113544_wb_0617b-e1541464122600.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to Regina King on her 1st Oscar Nomination!

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From Deadline Hollywood

‘Big Bang’ Showrunner Steve Holland Inks Overall Deal With Warner Bros. TV

As The Big Bang Theory is nearing the end of its 12-season run, its executive producer/showrunner Steve Holland is staying in the fold of Big Bang producer Warner Bros. TV.

Holland has signed a rich four-year overall deal with the studio to develop and create new series projects.

Holland joined Big Bang at the beginning of its third season, rising through the ranks to executive producer in Season 9. He was named day-to-day showrunner at the start of Seasons 11 and has been at the helm for the last two seasons, working closely with executive producer/former showrunner Steven Molaro and co-creator/executive producer Chuck Lorre.

Holland has co-written a slew of key Big Bang episodes, including the highly-rated Season 11 finale featuring Amy and Sheldon’s wedding.

Holland’s series writing credits also include Rules of Engagement, iCarly and Less Than Perfect. He is repped by WME and manager Jeff Wise.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy 40th Birthday to Sara Rue!

 

TBBT.jpg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy 44th Birthday to Sara Gilbert!

 

 

sara.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just as a FYI...The Television Critics Association Winter Press Tour is currently underway in LA.

Tomorrow (1/30/19) is CBS day.

Don't know if there will be any TBBT news or news about any projects that the cast or crew has brewing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today 2/1/19 at 5pm EST on SiriusXM Channel 18

Big Bang Beatles

A special edition of a Guest DJ visit as the cast of The Big Bang Theory talks Beatles and picks their favorites!

The Beatles Channel <full schedule in the link>

Edited by vonmar
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, vonmar said:

Today 2/1/19 at 5pm EST on SiriusXM Channel 18

Big Bang Beatles

A special edition of a Guest DJ visit as the cast of The Big Bang Theory talks Beatles and picks their favorites!

The Beatles Channel <full schedule in the link>

This was great! Johnny, Jim, Simon, Mayim and Chuck Lorre rotated giving their favorite Beatles tunes. Johnny  picked my favorite “Two of Us”!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

This was great! Johnny, Jim, Simon, Mayim and Chuck Lorre rotated giving their favorite Beatles tunes. Johnny  picked my favorite “Two of Us”!

All of these BBT actors are also musicians and Chuck who also plays.  Nice choice.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2019 at 9:07 PM, luminous said:

 

 

Cute how Kaley has Jim squished into the corner of the couch

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, vonmar said:

All of these BBT actors are also musicians and Chuck who also plays.  Nice choice.

Chuck spoke about being in a band and had to learn an obscure Beatles song that I never head of and can’t remember the name of. Something about a bird....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Chuck spoke about being in a band and had to learn an obscure Beatles song that I never head of and can’t remember the name of. Something about a bird....

was it 'and your bird can sing'?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Chuck spoke about being in a band and had to learn an obscure Beatles song that I never head of and can’t remember the name of. Something about a bird....

He wrote the "Teenage Mutant Turtles" theme song.  lol

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, shell said:

was it 'and your bird can sing'?

Yes!!!! That’s it!!! I don’t remember ever hearing that before and I’m nearly 62, so The Beatles are in the blood!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.